Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2015, 14:41   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
IAB has uploaded an extensive gallery of the endeavour spotted at an Indian Service Station. What's good is I can spot many features that have been carried from the Thai version and haven't been omitted.
Price it correctly Ford and you have a winner in your hands.http://indianautosblog.com/2015/12/2...d-india-206358

Awesome find!
They seem to have kept the panaromic sunroof as it is. I honestly felt Ford will give it a miss. Price it at 35 lakh on road Delhi and we have a new winner.
Only thing stopping it from selling is going to be Ford's own manufacturing capacity.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:53   #212
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Awesome find!
They seem to have kept the panaromic sunroof as it is. I honestly felt Ford will give it a miss. Price it at 35 lakh on road Delhi and we have a new winner.
Only thing stopping it from selling is going to be Ford's own manufacturing capacity.
And probably price-gouging by dealers!
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 15:38   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
What's good is I can spot many features that have been carried from the Thai version and haven't been omitted.
As on date, this is definitely the best equipped SUV in its segment, in terms of features and specifications.

However, the all new Fortuner is just around the corner too and if it is launched with comparable features at the same price, Ford will lose the game again.

But yes, this Endy looks far better than the previous version, inside out.
Old 14th December 2015, 19:05   #214
BHPian

No doubt this new Endeavour looks fantastic and the equipment list is much more than what we Indian's expected. But I am only worried about two parameters.

1. This Ford is built tough as like other Ford's and the 3.2L Titanium+ weighs a hefty 2370kg(Australian version, should be about the same for India too) which surely stresses the engine and thus lacks outright performance/poor mileage.

2. Second parameter is related to the above one as due to excess weight and more stress, this can affect the engine life and this has happened with the Ecosport TDCI. I am a victim of the same.

Note: I am not comparing the Endeavour and Ecosport, but I just want to say the power to weight ratio must be Optimum.

I really wished Ford should have focused more on using lighter materials and deliver peppy performance from the monstrous 3.2L engine
Old 14th December 2015, 19:50   #215
BHPian

Few missing features from Global Model but not significant

230V AC charging point and 17 inch tyres instead of 20 inch on top variant

I dont see 265/60R18 inch tyres available for MRF Wanderer

http://www.mrftyres.com/products/tyres/wanderer-at
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-2016fordendeavour3.2lathvaccontrolssnapped1024x576.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-ford-thai.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-2016fordendeavour3.2latwheelsnapped1024x576.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 14th December 2015 at 20:02. Reason: typo
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 09:22   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
As on date, this is definitely the best equipped SUV in its segment, in terms of features and specifications.

However, the all new Fortuner is just around the corner too and if it is launched with comparable features at the same price, Ford will lose the game again.

But yes, this Endy looks far better than the previous version, inside out.
This new Avatar of Endeavour is indeed a great improvement from the previous one and is definitely well equipped to take on current Fortuner.

The new Fortuner is not expected in India until 2017 as Toyota wants to concentrate on New Innova in 2016. This will give Endeavour a 1 year head start. If Ford plays all the cards right...they can topple Fortuner in 2016.
Old 15th December 2015, 11:03   #217
BHPian

The bookings will start soon and the Demo car will be received in this month only. I am not allowed to disclose any more information , so all I can say is that launch is right around the corner. Cheers !!!!!
ksgehlot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 11:30   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
The new Fortuner is not expected in India until 2017 as Toyota wants to concentrate on New Innova in 2016. This will give Endeavour a 1 year head start. If Ford plays all the cards right...they can topple Fortuner in 2016.
Just got an update from the Toyota dealer - apparently they are saying that the new Fortuner should be out by July 2016.

Apparently the Endeavour launch is making them push it forward, if true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgehlot View Post
The bookings will start soon and the Demo car will be received in this month only. I am not allowed to disclose any more information , so all I can say is that launch is right around the corner. Cheers !!!!!
Well, with this beige interior, it's not so attractive at all.

Also, I think I would wait on the Endeavour and see how reliable they are, what options offered, etc...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 15th December 2015 at 11:32.
Old 15th December 2015, 12:06   #219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
The new Fortuner is not expected in India until 2017 as Toyota wants to concentrate on New Innova in 2016.
This is incorrect. The new Fortuner will be launched in 2016, most likely around June.
Old 15th December 2015, 17:46   #220
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, please Edit the original post instead. Thanks.

Quote:
This is incorrect. The new Fortuner will be launched in 2016, most likely around June.
Dont think so

"Speaking to Indian Autos Blog at the FAME ECO Drive Marathon, which was held in New Delhi today, Mr. T.S. Jaishankar, Deputy Managing Director for Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said – The current Fortuner will continue. At least for one year, there is no plan [of launching the new model]. It’ll take a minimum of a year to bring that car to India."

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/11/2...ch-2017-204233

http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...innova/167297/

Quote:

Are you sure about it ?

"The report further says the unforeseen halt in production will increase the waiting period for the Ford EcoSport SUV, while the 2016 Ford Endeavour launch slated in January 2016 will also be postponed."

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/chennairain...riod-go-659552

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ng-work/23919/

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th December 2015 at 20:45. Reason: Back to back posts, please Edit the original post instead. Thanks.
Old 15th December 2015, 18:07   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Are you sure about it ?

"The report further says the unforeseen halt in production will increase the waiting period for the Ford EcoSport SUV, while the 2016 Ford Endeavour launch slated in January 2016 will also be postponed."

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/chennairain...riod-go-659552

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ng-work/23919/
Yes i am pretty sure about it. Retail is scheduled for January.
ksgehlot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 18:30   #222
BHPian

Quote:
So far every source I read online says early Jan 2017 launch, I guess the official new might come in from Toyota during the auto expo in Feb.

Quote:
Yes i am pretty sure about it. Retail is scheduled for January.
This is indeed true. I heard from my dealer friend mentioning the same and the test drive SUV (3.2L Titanium) will be reaching them shortly.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 19:14   #223
BHPian

If it's going to be available in Jan, I really don't need a vehicle until then.

I would then hold off on buying the Fortuner - provided that a black interior is available for the Endeavour and the price is not too exorbitant!

All the features the Everest has I would like - but I would need to be assured of safety as well...

(Else keep 3-4 fire extinguishers at the ready! )
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 20:22   #224
BHPian

New Ford Endeavour starts reaching dealerships; launch in January 2016

http://www.motoroids.com/news/new-fo...-january-2016/
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-newfordendeavourinindia1.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-newfordendeavourinindia2.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-newfordendeavourinindia3.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-newfordendeavourinindia5.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-newfordendeavourinindia6.jpg  

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 21:31   #225
BHPian

From the Ford India website, looks like they are going to launch the 3.2L engine variant first. No mention about any other variant yet.

Source

The site is also updated with different text now, on the upcoming Endeavor. I am now having low expectations on a competitive pricing from Ford, its a hunch and i would be glad to be proven wrong.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks