Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 03:09   #166
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticnomad View Post
Besides what you mentioned, isn't sun-roof a problem area in following cases?

(1) Frontal hit accidents where something could fly-out/in if the same is open?

(2) How secure is it during a roll-over type accident -- glass (however toughened it may be) compared to sheet metal, specially when the same is open.

(3) Another unauthorized entry point to vehicle?

IMHO, it's just a waste of money. Manufacturers should have their priorities right, and add EBD/TCS rather than providing sun-roof. For example, EBD in Cruze would have been of far greater value than sun-roof.
I agree on almost all the points!

Has anyone noticed the many kids sticking out of their parent's Bimmer's sunroofs on weekends these days? Quite dangerous, although we used to do this in my father's Fiat 500s back in the day in Mumbai, but soon tired of it after 1 or 2 times...
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:24   #167

Having driven a car with a sunroof the last few years, along with small kids, I can mention that it is a source of joy both to kids and to their mum (apparently women like it a lot, esp. when it is raining !). The

The main issue with a sunroof, other than the safety issues you mention which may be true for soft-tops and convertibles too, is that it rarely gets used. Neither the climate nor the dusty roads allow the sunroof, or even its glamorous cousin the panoramic sunroof, to be used much.

BTW, I got a call from the Ford dealership yesterday who said the launch is expected to be in December. Fingers crossed.
atthewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:29   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthewheel View Post
BTW, I got a call from the Ford dealership yesterday who said the launch is expected to be in December. Fingers crossed.
Please keep us posted. Wish to book at the earliest.
Old 23rd November 2015, 00:00   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Please keep us posted. Wish to book at the earliest.
Yes, very interested in all the features of the Ford, except for the front grill. (I prefer the US 2016 Explorer) Also not tio keen on the active noise-cancellation - prefer to drive fully aware of any potential external noises.

Quote:
Having driven a car with a sunroof the last few years, along with small kids, I can mention that it is a source of joy both to kids and to their mum (apparently women like it a lot, esp. when it is raining !).
Interesting, is this really true??
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:03   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Having driven a car with a sunroof the last few years, along with small kids, I can mention that it is a source of joy both to kids and to their mum (apparently women like it a lot, esp. when it is raining !).................

Rightly said. Its a hit with kids and the ladies. And mind you, they want large sunroofs. The CRV salesman was shunted off for the CRV having a small sunroof.

And please keep us informed about what your dealership has to say about the launch. Which dealership was this?
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:02   #171
Senior - BHPian

Sunroof's ate not the topic of discussion of this thread and so this is somewhat OT but since we're on the subject ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticnomad View Post
Besides what you mentioned, isn't sun-roof a problem area in following cases?

(1) Frontal hit accidents where something could fly-out/in if the same is open?

(2) How secure is it during a roll-over type accident -- glass (however toughened it may be) compared to sheet metal, specially when the same is open.

(3) Another unauthorized entry point to vehicle?
Disagree with you on all points above.

Extremely unlikely that a stray item would fly out the roof; and if the front impact is so high as to cause such a situation, it should be least of the concerns.

Sun-roof or not, everyone should be buckled up so we don't expect passengers to fall out the roof of an upturned vehicle and hit the road. With respect to structural rigidity to the body, that remains the same as location of key structural components remain unchanged.

So? Is there any data that suggests that vehicles with sun-roofs are more likely to be broken into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Has anyone noticed the many kids sticking out of their parent's Bimmer's sunroofs on weekends these days? Quite dangerous, although we used to do this in my father's Fiat 500s back in the day in Mumbai, but soon tired of it after 1 or 2 times...
That's dangerous and unsafe, not to mention illegal. Not reason enough for manufacturers to drop it from the options list. As per that logic, we have also seen people sitting out of the side wind of vehicles in India, so what do we do in that case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthewheel
Having driven a car with a sunroof the last few years, along with small kids, I can mention that it is a source of joy both to kids and to their mum (apparently women like it a lot, esp. when it is raining !). The The main issue with a sunroof, other than the safety issues you mention which may be true for soft-tops and convertibles too, is that it rarely gets used. Neither the climate nor the dusty roads allow the sunroof, or even its glamorous cousin the panoramic sunroof, to be used much.
I am a fan of the panoramic sunroof - in Delhi, the weather easily allows it to be kept open at least 4-5 months in a year. In fact, I always keep the curtain open (unless it is REALLY sunny) and have actually started feeling claustrophobic when I keep it shut.

Quote:
Back to the topic, REALLY hope so. Eagerly awaiting details on this.

Last edited by manveet : 23rd November 2015 at 19:06.
manveet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:39   #172
BHPian

Came across this review today:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/397550/f...de-comparison/

Although they didn't test the Titanium version, it still trumps the Fortuner according to them.

Mods apologies if it has been posted here earlier.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd November 2015 at 22:25.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 14:02   #173
BHPian

Surat dealer confirmed launch of new Ford Endeavour at the end of December.
neo_trace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 18:49   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
So when does the booking start?
Old 24th November 2015, 22:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wow! I hope so thats true, Common ford just price it right and ill gladly replace my new age xuv with it, Reviews everywhere about the car are really positive.
Old 24th November 2015, 22:35   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer told me that they will contact me after 20th December regarding booking amount. Funny thing is, dealer was surprised that i am the only person who asked them for 2016 Ford endeavour and booking in advance . No one ever inquired them before regarding new Endeavour .

Fingers crossed that i might get the first delivery in surat.
I am going for silver 3.2 auto 4wd titanium plus top of the line.
Currently i own 2013 BMW 520d ,2012 audi Q3 and 2012 Toyota fortuner 4wd (just crossed 100000 kms and that's the excuse to replace it with all new Endy)

Last edited by neo_trace : 24th November 2015 at 22:38.
neo_trace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 21:13   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer told me that they will contact me after 20th December regarding booking amount. that's the excuse to replace it with all new Endy)
Hi,

How much OTR price are you expecting for this particular model? And what price do you think would make sense?

Thanks.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:48   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi,

How much OTR price are you expecting for this particular model? And what price do you think would make sense?

Thanks.
I am expecting nearly 32 lac to 34 lacs in gujarat for top of the line Titanium model with moonroof and those 20 inch alloys
More then that and ford might loose the game.
neo_trace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 00:33   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Update from one of the team-bhp member (ford dealer) on a different thread

" Mid December is the launching and deliveries will start from first week of January."

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-15.html
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 08:36   #180
BHPian

With the delay in the launch of new toyota fortuner (which is not expected to come before 2017), Ford might also get the competitive advantage.

Ford has always impressed with its tough build quality. This might be the game changer for ford.

Eagerly waiting for ford endy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks