Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 23:09   #61
BHPian

Was very keen to see the endeavour (known as Everest everywhere else) and got a chance in Bangkok today. I didn't come away terribly impressed. The car has good presence however looks better in pictures than in the flesh. Also I felt the build quality was more like Japanese cars than American. I do hope they price it very competitively otherwise I am afraid Fortuner and Pajero will steal their thunder again!!
Old 9th September 2015, 02:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
In Thailand, the new Endeavour is available with only the diesel automatic variants priced between INR 23.2 - 29.2 lakhs! This, at a time when the 2015 Fortuner is priced between INR 22.26 - 29.68 lakhs in the same country
My heartfelt thanks to you S2!!!
I have read all reviews and watched every video available about the new Endeavour.
This is the WORLD'S BEST review.Period!.

If Ford decides to undercut the new fortuner's price then expect proportional reduction in equipment.
No wonder they are pitching the fully loaded varient against the Prado in Australia.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th September 2015 at 02:38.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 07:39   #63
BHPian

As someone mentioned in the thread, the (p)review is as good as the car. Thanks S2!! Auto-Mags will now have their task cut-out more than ever!

BTW, Doesn't this Ford looks like Toyota Sequoia(below). Every time I see Sequoia after this review, it reminds me of Everest.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-t.png
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 10:01   #64
BHPian

I'm being repetitive here. But it's worth it. S2 really set the bar with this one when it comes to previews. Seriously. Kudos man.
reihem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 11:49   #65
BANNED

What a car! What a "pre"view! Is it a mere preview, or the real review?

Ford Australia had mentioned that the new Endeavor (Everest) will compete against Prado and not against Fortuner. We need to wait for the prices.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 12:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I have read all reviews and watched every video available about the new Endeavour.
Those are very encouraging words. Thank you

Quote:
No wonder they are pitching the fully loaded varient against the Prado in Australia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Ford Australia had mentioned that the new Endeavor (Everest) will compete against Prado and not against Fortuner. We need to wait for the prices.
In a discussion with Ford's Chief Engineer, he did mention that they are going against the Fortuner at one end and the Prado at the other. We'll only have to wait and watch how Ford will price and position this car in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
BTW, Doesn't this Ford looks like Toyota Sequoia(below). Every time I see Sequoia after this review, it reminds me of Everest.
Attachment 1412187
Now that you mentioned it, sure it does strike some resemblance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I'm being repetitive here. But it's worth it. S2 really set the bar with this one when it comes to previews. Seriously. Kudos man.
Thanks for the appreciation.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 12:59   #67
BHPian

Quote:

If Ford decides to undercut the new fortuner's price then expect proportional reduction in equipment.
I did read that as well but Australia is a very different market from ours & in the S E Asia market & presumably for India as well it will be targeted against Fortuner rather than Prado. In India Prado has moved up & out of the price range contention completely. My sense is that this will be pitched against Fortuner & Pajero Sport in India when it comes - unlikely before the Auto Expo in Feb.
Old 9th September 2015, 16:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
I did read that as well but Australia is a very different market from ours & in the S E Asia market & presumably for India as well it will be targeted against Fortuner rather than Prado. In India Prado has moved up & out of the price range contention completely. My sense is that this will be pitched against Fortuner & Pajero Sport in India when it comes - unlikely before the Auto Expo in Feb.

It also shows how much the buggers at Toyota are overcharging in India. And we people also stupidly lap up all their products at 3 times the face value claiming reliability and durability. I want Ford to give a solid punch to Toyota's guts on the quality, reliability and price front.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 18:27   #69
BHPian

Based on Ford Ranger which is a pick up or UTE as they call it in Oz, it has solid underpinnings.

Ford is doing alright in Australia, especially with Ranger and it has quite a following here, but I doubt it will ever be a Prado. Also, Ford has priced it quite high in Australia, not sure what the price in India will be like.
For someone who needs a tough SUV with a go anywhere underpinnings, this will be a good choice.
bruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 19:08   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford and S2 have combined to present a devilish combination - an SUV that I absolutely do not need, but one that I so desperately want!

Thank you for the detailed walk-through. When I started reading the opening lines, I wondered what additional information I might get over what I'd previously seen on the internet. Boy, was I mistaken.

Coming to the SUV, I like the way Ford has loaded it to the gills with various knick-knacks and features. And topped it off with a handsome look - one that's butch and modern.

In my opinion, if Ford price this right, they'll have a runaway hit on their hands. If they price it wrong, they'll still have pretty good sales purely on its looks and features.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 15:26   #71
BHPian

I remember seeing a picture of this version of the Endeavour in some auto magazine, quite some time back, probably in 2014, and probably following the first reveal at the Bangkok motor-show. My feeling at the time, was wow, as it looked amazing. So its fair to say that I have been waiting for quite some time for the launch of the new Endeavour.

Ever since the release of the original Ford Endeavour back in 2009, I've quite liked it. In fact I even came close to picking up a used one in 2010. Just that my love for fast sedans superseded my want for a 4x4 capable off-roader; and I ended up getting a V6 Accord instead. Add to that, the interior of the Ford Endeavour was very plain, and left a lot to be desired. No where the premium feel of an Accord.

In Manila the new Endeavour is being heavily advertised, but I have no plans of buying an automobile now; that said I would be interested to visit a Ford dealership and check it out in person. Maybe even get a test-drive.

Looking at the pictures, the front looks amazing, the rear looks decent, but overall a great looking vehicle. The interiors look much better in this iteration.
Old 10th September 2015, 20:26   #72
BHPian

Nice! This is one good looking SUV. Let's hope they price this sensibly. Wouldn't mind replacing my XUV with this if priced right. It looks very spacious from inside and looks a bit small when compared to the earlier version. Engine options are interesting as well - especially 198 BHP is making me drool.
Old 11th September 2015, 08:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

With all those features, I believe the top end model will be close to 32-35 Lakhs on road. The base variants could be priced 27 Lakhs plus on road. Lets wait.
Old 12th September 2015, 00:59   #74
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review. I was looking loyally only at the Pajero Sport until now, but if I upgrade from my Storme, I'll surely be looking at the New Ford Endy too. I believe the new Pajero Sport might come in next year just above the current Pajero Sport with both being sold simultaneously. Maybe the new Pajero Sport badged as the new Montero in India? (Atleast, that's what TopGear India had to say) Anyway, the new Ford endy makes a very convincing argument for itself to take on the Toyota Fortuner, taking the fight right to its door. IMHO, the new Fortuner and Pajero Sport both suffer from a curves overdose. Maybe that's the new direction for global SUV design?, but the Ford hits the nail on its head in terms of looks. Again, looks are always a matter of opinion. For now, I will have my sights fixed on a new Ford endy 2.2 4X4 MT and the current gen Pajero Sport.
Old 13th September 2015, 08:22   #75
Senior - BHPian

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-ford-e...-season-695810

Looks like launch around Diwali, is that right as per info others have? With Fortuner aging and no other competition around this should be worth a look and possibly own.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks