Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 14:48   #241
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour India: Variants, specs & more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Safety features like disc brakes on all wheels, dual airbags, ABS + EBD, ESP, TC, hill launch assist, emergency assistance and Ford MyKey are standard across all variants. The 2.2-litre Titanium also gets side + curtain airbags and a burglar alarm. The 3.2-litre Titanium is equipped with a driver knee airbag too.
Ford seem to be loading their cars with safety. Given the Figo and now Endeavour, it great to finally see the safer cars on the market. If they price this one well, given its a good looking car, i am sure this will sell and in numbers.

Ford has its opportunity to drive home the market for the large SUVs given its going to enter earlier than the Toyota and Mitsubishi. Hope they focus on their dealer network and the after sales.
Car-tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 15:21   #242
BHPian

>>> The 3.2-litre Titanium variant gets an electric panoramic sun roof

Why they are not offering the same in 2.2-litre Titanium variant? Ideally, the variants shouldn't differ in specs when engine size changes.
Old 24th December 2015, 15:26   #243
BHPian

I wish I had a truckload of money. Would've bought the 4x4 MT in red. Gob smackingly bold and butch looks and equally capable off road credentials as per the official preview has got me hooked onto the endeavour. Wish ford prices it sensibly and gets great sales success. Would love to see more of this stout piece of machinery on road more than the fortuner which has become a far too common sight on road.

Regards,
Subhra
Old 24th December 2015, 17:57   #244
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant job, most of the features have been carried over and the huge panoramic sunroof is also there in the 3.2 variant. I am so glad to see that Ford has not skimped on safety like Fortuner/Trailblazer and comes with a host of electronics, all wheel disc and 6-7 airbags.

Bring it on Ford, set the pricing right as you are doing and i see no reason why this should not be a success.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:11   #245
BHPian

Thanks a lot S2 for this news, I have been following the Endeavour thread since the news of its launch came onshore. I have even postponed my car buying just for this one and looking at the features on offer it does not disappoint. Having used a Superb for 4 years really spoils you for features and comfort.

Last edited by GTO : 25th December 2015 at 10:40. Reason: Typo
jayeshdamle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 18:46   #246
BHPian

Great news S2! I was eagerly waiting for this particular SUV and I am sure the 3.2L Titanium is the perfect all rounder. Ford has surprised us literally by providing almost all the features from their international Everest except for the lane assist and adaptive cruise control which are based on radar system.

I am guessing, the 3.2L fully loaded Titanium may cost around 29 to 30Lakh ex showroom considering the features it comes with, and most of them are a segment first in our market. What do you guys think about the pricing?

Last edited by Venku2015 : 24th December 2015 at 18:48.
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 19:45   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Safety features like disc brakes on all wheels, dual airbags, ABS + EBD, ESP, TC, hill launch assist, emergency assistance and Ford MyKey are standard across all variants. The 2.2-litre Titanium also gets side + curtain airbags and a burglar alarm. The 3.2-litre Titanium is equipped with a driver knee airbag too.
Good to see that Ford is giving a lot of importance to safety and providing the same across variants. We need safer cars on our roads (not that it implies we can drive as we wish, driving sensibilities need to remain still).

Am not in the market for an SUV but if I were, this one would surely be a contender. Given that they are coming in first as compared to the Fortuner, they have the first movers advantage and a lot would now hinge on how they price the variants.

A very good package overall.

Cheers,
S
sukhoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 19:52   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Good to see that Ford is giving a lot of importance to safety and providing the same across variants. We need safer cars on our roads (not that it implies we can drive as we wish, driving sensibilities need to remain still).

Am not in the market for an SUV but if I were, this one would surely be a contender. Given that they are coming in first as compared to the Fortuner, they have the first movers advantage and a lot would now hinge on how they price the variants.

A very good package overall.

Cheers,
S
I am not happy that the Trend variants are selling with dual airbags . I would been happy if Ford equipped all models with 6 airbags .

I expected them to do that considering their so called focus on safety. Common Ford , 4 extra airbags would cost 50K maximum and that is peanuts if you consider the starting parice of 20 Lakhs.

So, a 7 lakh Figo gets 6 airbags while a 20+ lakhs Endeavour Trend not getting it is ridiculous.

Their move is justified only if they are targetting an extremely aggressive price of 15-16 lakhs which I think is realistically not possible considering the present exchange rates and the premium positioning of the Endeavour against the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado instead of the Fortuner in markets like Australia and South Africa.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 19:57   #249
Senior - BHPian

Waited a lot for this launch, but a few interactions with Harpreet Ford did not inspire a lot of confidence. Heard the Titanium would be launched at about 35L. Plus the diesel ban in NCR. Also with my Q7 already being high maintenances I wanted something with bullet proof reliability.

Just picked up a 2013 pre worshipped fortuner.
Old 24th December 2015, 23:20   #250
BHPian

Very good news !!! Thanks S2 !!!

Price remains to be the most important factor now as Ford has taken care of almost all the other aspects like fantastic engine range, butch looks and presence, features, AT, AWD etc.

Cant understand the omission of the keyless entry/go. Equally confused about the same being removed from XUV AT. :(
Old 24th December 2015, 23:25   #251
Senior - BHPian

Is India getting the Park assist for everest? Just saw a video on youtube regarding it, Seems pretty neat!

Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 00:35   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Is India getting the Park assist for everest?
Yes, Ford is launching the semi auto parallel park assist for India too.

Once the perfect parking spot is found (which I assume the vehicle helps in finding one), you just give the throttle and apply brakes as per the instructions provided on the MID. The SUV steers for itself, which is a boon considering how long the Endeavour is. More details can be found here: http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/endea...odule-features

Only thing I feel missing is a petrol engine in the lineup considering the recent Ban on 2000cc+ diesel vehicles! The international Everest gets a 2.0L Twin-scroll four-cylinder Ecoboost which makes around 184KW/245BHP.

Last edited by Venku2015 : 25th December 2015 at 00:50. Reason: Addition of one more point.
Venku2015 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 00:40   #253
BHPian

Really looking forward to test driving this as soon as possible. It has got the looks and features, which in my opinion are better than upcoming Fortuner and Pajero Sport.

The only thing coming in my way of purchasing this right away is the Ford service and durability. Never owned a Ford before, will this SUV be as reliable as Fortuner and will the Ford service match Toyota's pricing and quality standards?

Really like the looks of it. The only thing missing from the 3.2 Titanium is the 20" wheels, which are standard in other countries. Don't want to wait another 6-12 months for the new Fortuner. Any opinion guys?
Old 25th December 2015, 11:02   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post

So, a 7 lakh Figo gets 6 airbags while a 20+ lakhs Endeavour Trend not getting it is ridiculous.

Their move is justified only if they are targetting an extremely aggressive price of 15-16 lakhs which I think is realistically not possible considering the present exchange rates and the premium positioning of the Endeavour
15 - 16 lakhs is still more than double the price of a "7 lakh Figo with 6 airbags" isn't it?

The Endeavor when it was launched a decade back was priced at 12L if my memory is correct. So no way of a price of <20L. No expectation, no hope not even a dream.

Last edited by Yeldo : 25th December 2015 at 11:04.
Old 25th December 2015, 11:18   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

This just looks mouthwatering. I am sure the 3.2 Titanium variant would cross 35L OTR which becomes very dicey territory due to the high end European cars presence there.

Also I tend to agree that they should have made the features standard on both the Titanium variants and only differed between them on basis on engine. But If this allows to price it competitively then I am willing to accept it.

Only sad part is that they would not find any buyers in NCR region which is one of the biggest markets, atleast for the next 3 months.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks