Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2017, 22:20   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Today being a Sunday, Mom requested me to take her to market. Besides the regular vegetables she wanted to stock wheat and rice for the year. Went to the whole seller and loaded 5 bags of wheat each weighing 30 KGS and 4 bags of rice each weighing 10 KGS. So total weight of 190 kilos in the boot. There was still sufficient space left in the small boot of TUV to load more. I think an equal quantity could have been easily loaded. Here is a pic of the boot.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-tuv-boot-loaded.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 2nd April 2017 at 22:31.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:24   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you Mahajan Sir. Due to work load and one or the other health issues in the family even I am not getting much chances to venture out. This trip just happened without much planning. My friends insisted that its been a very long time that we ventured out. One enthu soul planned the venue and booking, I planned the logistics and it just happened. I am not sure if I will be able to put up a travelogue together, but if you have any specific queries, just call me.

The list of places around Nasik is endless. Just Google it and you will get a long list. However the prominent ones are Trimbakeshwar, Pandav and Jain caves etc.
I would be interested in the wine festival or equivalent.
Let us see - I might organize and drag you along!!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:02   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I would be interested in the wine festival or equivalent.
Let us see - I might organize and drag you along!!

Girish Mahajan
Sure Sir, I am always game for it. The place that we visited was called "Wine Information centre" started by Vinsura Wines. For gathering wine info and wine tasting this place is good. However the lodging arrangements for overnight stay are not that good. They provide temporary tents (one each for a pair) and they have a common facility for washrooms, which we gents can manage but will not be good for the ladies. Food quality is also just about OK.

Have heard that Sula Wines have better arrangements, but it is too costly to the tune of Rs 25K per night for a Villa of 6 beds. Over weekends the rates may go beyond Rs 40K.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 18:48   #289
Senior - BHPian

I had planned to do the tyre rotation and wheel alignment along with the 20K service. However working weekends and ill health made me postpone this plan. Today finally got a chance to visit tyre shop, Darshan Tyres, empire Estate, Chinchwad. Got the following things done at the shop
  • Spare tyre unmounted from the steel rim and mounted on the front left alloy wheel.
  • The front LHS tyre was unmounted from the alloy and mounted on the steel rim, that went back on rear door as spare wheel.
  • Remaining three tyres also rotated (Front RHS put as rear LHS, rear LHS put as rear RHS & rear RHS put as front RHS)
  • Alignment checked
  • Wheel balancing was not required as there was no wobbling (vibrations at steering wheel)
Job done in 1.5 hours. Alignment costed Rs 300/- and the two tyres un-mounting and mounting back on the rims costed another Rs 200/-. Now even after tyre rotation all the four wheels are alloys and the tyre on steel rim remains as spare. Some pictures taken while at the shop.

Edit: I now realized that I have not been charged anything for tyre rotation. The Rs 200/- charged for two tyres' mounting un-mounting must be inclusive of tyre rotation charges

The Mahindra logo removed by screw driver. Lock nut holding the spare wheel cover in place is visible.
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7402.jpg

Two mechanics removing the spare wheel cover
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7404.jpg

One of the mechanics loosening the spare wheel bolts (Note only three buts are used to hold the spare wheel on bracket)
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7405.jpg

Spare wheel un-mounted - Holding bracket can be seen here
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7407.jpg

Front LHS wheel removed. Brake disc, rotor & suspension visible
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7409.jpg

Rear LHS wheel removed. Brake drum, rotor & suspension visible
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7410.jpg

Orange tank climbing the alignment machine ramp
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7411.jpg

Orange tank in front of the alignment machine
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7413.jpg

The wheel alignment report
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7414.jpg

The wheel alignment invoice (does not mention tyre rotation and mounting un-mounting, which costed another Rs 200/-)Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7415.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 15th April 2017 at 18:53.
Old 10th May 2017, 08:58   #290
Senior - BHPian

Over the last week end (6th May to 9th May) completed a 727 km trip to Malegaon and Mhasdi as I had to attend my cousin's wedding in Malegaon and offer prayers to our Kuladevi Dhandai Mata at Mhasdi. We were 5 adults and 2 kids with luggage for four days. Obviously all the luggage could not be accommodated inside my Orange Tank's boot. Hence made good use of the MicroTek roof carrier for the first time. One mid size trolley bag, one small suitcase and three duffle bags (5 bags in total) were tied to the roof rack with 4 stretchable bungee cords (having hooks at both ends). It was a simple affair, just take the cords over the luggage and entangle the hooks in the carrier rods. We went through some really bad roads, but the luggage remained intact, thanks to these cords. Just a day before the journey I had bought it from D-Mart for Rs 45/- a piece. I would highly recommend these cords for securing overhead luggage. Some snaps.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7551.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7552.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7550.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7558.jpg

I went through the Pune-Nasik highway (NH60). People who are aware of the erstwhile highway (old NH50), would know the Chandanapuri ghat. The couple of hair pin bends and the blind corners would give you goose bumps while driving through it. Not any more now, all that has gone for good and what has been carved out is a long winding road, bisecting the mountains. No more any scary hair pin bends. Here are a few pics

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7559.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7562.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn7564.jpg

While going from Malegaon to Mhasdi we crossed the Dang Jungle. We passed through some very bad roads, but the Orange Tank held up well. Through out the trip the Orange tank performed flawlessly. Wish I can take up many more such trips
AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 18:08   #291
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I forgot to mention one thing. Throughout the trip I used the magnetic sun shades to the fullest extent possible. These were the real saviors from the scorching heat of the sun. Outside temperature was hovering around 42 degrees, but inside the car the AC at a blower speed of 1 & 2 kept us quite comfortable. Also the zippers on the front two shades ensured that paying the toll tax at the toll booths was a breeze. Just open the zip, roll down the windows, pay the toll, zip it back and proceed.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 01:15   #292
BANNED

Hello AutoIndian, I have been following your thread before I became a part of Team-bhp. There has been no update for sometime now. Hope your tank has been performing its duty. Do update.
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:39   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visky View Post
Hello AutoIndian, I have been following your thread before I became a part of Team-bhp. There has been no update for sometime now. Hope your tank has been performing its duty. Do update.
Hey there visky (nice handle by the way), even I was oblivious of the fact that I have not updated my thread for the last 7 weeks , thanks for reminding me .

Nothing much to write about. The Orange tank is doing its duties as usual, odo is at 24.5K, ticking slowly than expected. For the last two months my tank has not crossed the city limits. After May 1st week there have been no absolutely no long trips. I had planned at least a couple during the monsoon, but some other commitments are keeping me busy over the week ends. The tank is returning a mileage of about 14 kmpl, be it city or highways (which I think is pretty decent for a vehicle of this size/ weight).

I haven't even cleaned the tank for the last two weeks due to the dirt, muck getting collected on my daily office commutes in this rainy season. Yesterday on Sunday I just cleaned the windshield (front & rear), all the window glasses, mirrors, headlamps, tail lamps, cleared the spray nozzles, topped up the coolant reservoir, checked the other fluid levels.

In short the tank is doing its duties without any major issues. (touchwood)
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 22:45   #294
Senior - BHPian

Did a tankful tonight. Car had run 679 kms since the last tankful and it gulped 48.57 litres of diesel @ Rs 57.60/- (to a litre) giving a fuel efficiency of 13.98 kmpl and a running cost of Rs 4.12/km. All the running has been home-office-home (in peak hour traffic) and some weekend errands.
Old 16th July 2017, 22:39   #295
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday while returning from office the odo crossed the 25K mark. This has come in 20 months time period. Didn't feel so excited so as to capture that moment in my camera. My Orange tank is not munching miles at the pace that I had expected. Nowadays it's running is limited to only home-office-home commutes and weekend errands. Getting the tank outside city limits has become a distant dream.
Old 24th July 2017, 10:56   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Yesterday while returning from office the odo crossed the 25K mark. This has come in 20 months time period. Didn't feel so excited so as to capture that moment in my camera. My Orange tank is not munching miles at the pace that I had expected. Nowadays it's running is limited to only home-office-home commutes and weekend errands. Getting the tank outside city limits has become a distant dream.
Dear AutoIndian,

Distance is relative! So - congrats for crossing the 25k milestone. 25/20 = 1250 km / month.

I have today completed 15000 km on my Scorpio in 10 months. So I have done about 1500 km / month. I am happy!!

Sadly, my review is still in edit mode!

More later....

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 16:40   #297
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday crossed the 26K mark on the odo. So looks like I will have to get ready for the 30K service by end of Oct or early Nov. Again no outstation trips means the odo is ticking lazily. Today I got a service reminder call from my service center. In informed them that I will take an appointment when I am nearing 30K kms, there is still 3-4 months time. I asked them if there is any service bullettin for any recalls (especially the MLD). The lady at the other end mentioned that she will ask the service advisor and get back to me. When she did call me back in a couple of minutes she mentioned that there is no such recall.
Old 18th August 2017, 19:59   #298
Senior - BHPian

Saw your tank at Commerzone, building no 6 today. Was parked diagonally opposite to my white Scross. Lo behold just came to know, we work in the same company. We should meet sometime.
Attached Thumbnails
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-tuv.jpg  

rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 22:45   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Saw your tank at Commerzone, building no 6 today. Was parked diagonally opposite to my white Scross. Lo behold just came to know, we work in the same company. We should meet sometime.
Wonderful find buddy. Yes you are right, my Orange Tank is seen parked here in Building#8 at Commerzone. But may be Monday onwards I will start parking it in Building#6 as just today I have moved in that building. I will PM you my phone number and we can catch up on Monday.
Old 29th August 2017, 14:22   #300
Senior - BHPian

Did a quick dash to Dombivli over the week end. My father-in-law was not keeping well and had to shift him to a hospital in Dombivli for further treatment. Arranged 4-5 pillows in the middle seat to provide him enough cushioning. Satrted at 11:45 am and reached destination by 03:00 pm. Had to drive very carefully over the pot-hole ridden road on NH4 conneting Nigdi to Somatne Phata. After that took the expressway till Panvel/JNPT exit. Then took the Taloja MIDC to reach Dombivli. It was raining cats & dogs in the Khandala ghat and just before Panvel. Could barely drive at a speed of 60-70 kmph on straight stretches of the e-way due to very poor visibility (hardly 20-25 feet visibility)/ Fortunately reached the destination without causing much trouble ot my Father-in-law. Return journey started on Sunday early morning @ 05:45 am. Reached my home in Chinchwad @ 08:00 am. Fortunately not much traffic at the toll booths. After reaching home dropped my brother-in-law at his home. After dropping him, when I started the car I began hearing "kat" "kat" "kat" sound from the left side of the car. I got down to visually inspect the tyres. Front tyre could not observe anthing. However on the rear tyre I observed this "culprit" firmly embedded in the tyre tread. It was pierced almost 1/2" inside the tyre .
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20170828_094226.jpg
Fearing for the worse, with prayers on my lips, I pulled it out very gradually. Once completely out I took my ear closer to the tyre to hear for hissing air, no sound. I then sprayed water from my colin bottle on the punctured area. Fortunately no air bubbles. Cautiously I drove back to my home. I pulled in my foot pump and put it in my tank as a precaution, just in case the tyre looses air in the course of the day, I can inflate it with this pump to at least reach the puncture wallah without any issues. While leaving the office I observed that the tyre was not deflated. I am not yet celebrating . Will keep observing the tyre pressure till week end. This culprit was embedded deep inside and I fear it must be just 2-3 mm away from the inner wall. So I am not going to take any chances.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks