Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2016, 17:02   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii auto Indian have been a reader /follower of your tank ownership and your love for her shows. I love the details you put into each post, keep it up.I recently got home my cheetah and have been putting up many accessories. The one I have left out was the carrier.Seeing your tank I'm quite liking it compared to the Mahindra roof carrier. I would like to know how if at all it affects the aerodynamics and reasons if any for choosing it over the original Mahindra.
Wishing you happy munching miles in your tank.
Hello vinitbhavi, thank you for your wishes and compliments. Also many congratulations to your for bringing home your cheetah. I always believe that you can get far better and cheaper car accessories outside the showrooms. Hence I never go for any accessories from car showroom. Visit any nearby marketplace having car accessories shops and you can find plethora of options. For the one that I have fitted on my TUV I got inputs from fellow bhpian and TUV owner (Sandev). Just fitting the carrier won't make any noticeable aerodynamic difference. However if you load luggage on that, then it may induce some air drag. However I think the additional load/luggage carrying capacity that the roof carrier creates and also frees up the much needed cabin space is worth the whatever little aerodynamic effect it creates on the car.

Edit: Further details on the post by Sandev in TUV thread on the roof carrier ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3861062

Last edited by AutoIndian : 22nd May 2016 at 17:06.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:52   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello vinitbhavi, thank you for your wishes and compliments. Also many congratulations to your for bringing home your cheetah. I always believe that you can get far better and cheaper car accessories outside the showrooms. Hence I never go for any accessories from car showroom. Visit any nearby marketplace having car accessories shops and you can find plethora of options. For the one that I have fitted on my TUV I got inputs from fellow bhpian and TUV owner (Sandev). Just fitting the carrier won't make any noticeable aerodynamic difference. However if you load luggage on that, then it may induce some air drag. However I think the additional load/luggage carrying capacity that the roof carrier creates and also frees up the much needed cabin space is worth the whatever little aerodynamic effect it creates on the car.

Edit: Further details on the post by Sandev in TUV thread on the roof carrier ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3861062
Thanks for the valuable information however my only reason to go in for mahindra accessories was to ensure the warranty is not affected in any way possible. As in the tank the boot space with the seats up in the cheetah is abysmal to say the least. I really did like the mmtek carbon carrier and may go in for it in a few days. The website mentions two authorised outlets in Mumbai and will post back once I get the job done. The magnetic shades from mahindra have been purchased but are still out of stock even after 15 days. The heat this month of may does get a lot into the cabin and waiting for them earnestly.
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:02   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Thanks for the valuable information however my only reason to go in for mahindra accessories was to ensure the warranty is not affected in any way possible. As in the tank the boot space with the seats up in the cheetah is abysmal to say the least. I really did like the mmtek carbon carrier and may go in for it in a few days. The website mentions two authorised outlets in Mumbai and will post back once I get the job done.
In no case fitting a roof carrier from outside would void the warranty. Under the guise of voiding the manufacturer's warranty the dealers earn a big fat margin on car accessories. But don't come under their influence. Tell them that if they can match the market price, then you can buy it from them.

Quote:
The magnetic shades from mahindra have been purchased but are still out of stock even after 15 days. The heat this month of may does get a lot into the cabin and waiting for them earnestly.
That is another reason to buy from outside. Since the purchase of my TUV in Nov 2015, I have been following with the dealer for the mud flaps almost for 6 months, but each time "out of stock" was very conveniently thrown at me. Also a set of 4 mud flaps was costing 800/- + whereas the same set I purchased and got fitted for Rs 650/-. Also a set of 4 magnetic sun shades was costing Rs 2200/- at the dealer. I got a set of 6 sunshades for half of that price. With such availability and price difference, I would not even enquire about any accessory at the dealer leave aside buying one.
Old 22nd May 2016, 23:29   #199
BHPian

Quote:
In no case fitting a roof carrier from outside would void the warranty. Under the guise of voiding the manufacturer's warranty the dealers earn a big fat margin on car accessories. But don't come under their influence.

That is another reason to buy from outside. Since the purchase of my TUV in Nov 2015, I have been following with the dealer for the mud flaps almost for 6 months, but each time "out of stock" was very conveniently thrown at me. Also a set of 4 mud flaps was costing 800/- + whereas the same set I purchased and got fitted for Rs 650/-. Also a set of 4 magnetic sun shades was costing Rs 2200/- at the dealer. With such availability and price difference, I would not even enquire about any accessory at the dealer leave aside buying one.
Hii your point noted. I know exactly what you mean and the dealership guys are making good money to an extent. In fact during the time of delivery when I asked him to cancel the items not supplied he said he has already punched it in the system, long process to reverse and same will be available soon. Being the time of delivery in all the excitement one does not pay too much attention to small details. Furthermore also wanted to check out if you know of any specific permits required for carriers if not registered as Tourist Vehicles.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:43   #200
BHPian

Quote:
with a worried face he mentioned that the clutch pedal of his Vista is acting funny. After changing the gears it does not return to its original position.
Your roof carrier looks cool. I guess this is best that fits TUV300 or may be the colour combination of black and red makes it!

What happened to the Vista clutch? There is no mention of you visiting the service!
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:14   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Your roof carrier looks cool. I guess this is best that fits TUV300 or may be the colour combination of black and red makes it!
Thank you LoneRidder for your compliments & with you 101%. Credit goes to Mahindra for providing the robust black roof rails and ofcourse to M-Tek for making such a matching combination of roof carrier. Today afternoon its utility will be tested as I have to drop my parents and three other relatives to Pune railway station for their trip to Jagannath Puri - Gangasagar. I am sure all the luggage won't fit in cabin even with the third row seats folded & I will have to make good use of the roof carrier. Will try to capture some pics.

Quote:
What happened to the Vista clutch? There is no mention of you visiting the service!
My bad , I had completely forgotten that. Good that you reminded me. After seeing your mail I immediately called my cousin. Update from him is like this. His Vista's Clutch Master cylinder was changed last time, now he had to change the slave cylinder as well. He also mentioned that his clutch pedal had become hard off late. Hence his clutch plate, pressure plate is also going to be changed, 10-11K estimate has been given. Car given to Pandit Auto on Sunday morning, might get delivered today evening. Pandit's Chinchwad service centre will be eventually closed due to union problems. Going forward in PCMC there will be only one Pandit Auto service centre and that will be at Wakad.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:18   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today afternoon its utility will be tested as I have to drop my parents and three other relatives to Pune railway station for their trip to Jagannath Puri - Gangasagar. I am sure all the luggage won't fit in cabin even with the third row seats folded & I will have to make good use of the roof carrier. Will try to capture some pics.
Unfortunately I could not test the roof carrier today, when I went to drop 5 people (with their 8 day luggage) to Pune Railway station. Reason being the miniscule looking 386 litre boot space of the TUV swallowed 2 trolley bags, 4 duffle bags, one hand bag and 2 sacs and still leaving enough space for a couple of more bags. 4 mediumly built people squeezed on the second row seat due to which I could utilize the 3rd row seats altogether for luggage. Had I asked one of them to occupy the third row seat, then definitely I would have used the roof carrier. Since it was just 20 kms distance to cover 2nd row passengers obliged to get cosy

Bootful of luggage, roof carrier remain unused
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-luggage-boot.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:56   #203
BHPian

Wow that's a whole load of stuff in the boot. Can imagine how spacious the tank must be. It's a pity though would have loved to see how the mtek would have handled all that baggage.
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:09   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go. Roof carrier seen from various angles
For people in the south, an interesting manufacturer of roof carrier. Check out his website (roufrails dot com) for some nice designs of carriers. Any one have installed his product?
Old 31st May 2016, 12:05   #205
Senior - BHPian

Today morning while cleaning my Orange tank, I observed there was a M6 bolt head protruding from the treads in the rear left tyre. It was embedded in the treads at a slight angle. With the key I pulled its head out & finally I was able to get the complete bolt out of the tyre. I guess this one inch long bolt must have been 7-8 mm inside the tyre, another 8 mm between the treads and balance portion out of the tyre.

After pulling out the bolt completely I poured some soap water on the area where this bolt was embedded. Fortunately did not observe any bubbles, indicating no rupture of inner wall. Going to observe over the next couple of days if there is any drop in pressure indicating rupture if inner wall.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160531_120902.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160531_112609.jpg

Yesterday night while returning from office, I was waiting at the red light at Khadki and one bugger in an i10 tried to squeeze between my car and another one, resulting his right mirror scratching on the left side of my tank from fuel lid to left rear door handle. Fortunately it isn't noticeable, hence didn't take any picture.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 31st May 2016 at 12:20.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 22:04   #206
Senior - BHPian

Did a one day return trip to Dombivli (Mumbai) today to drop my wife and kids at their mausi's place. 270 kms round trip. Started at 8am and took the old NH4. Tanked up with Normal Diesel from IOC bunk, near first toll station, Old Mum-Pune highway, manual top-up after auto cutoff. Tank had done 712 kms and gulped in 51.6 litres of diesel, giving a mileage of 13.8 kmpl. Wonder when I will be able to break the 15 kmpl mark. After tankful the DTE showed a range of 877 kms. As I started the onward journey DTE started to climb gradually and as I started descending the ghat, it reached to a peak figure of 995 kms, which would mean an FE figure of 16.6 kmpl.

On my insistence wifey clicked some pics in the ghat, while I was at wheel. Sharing a few of them over here.

The descend of the old ghat road starts
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_101740.jpg

Duke's nose popping on the left side of windshield
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_101804.jpg

Section where hillock is cut to form the bridge
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_101817.jpg

Cattle enjoying the stroll on old ghat road
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_101823.jpg

Major jam on Pune side of expressway
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_102030.jpg

Monsoon preparation, Netting work to prevent landslides
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_102405.jpg

Entrance to the tunnel

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_102410.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 01:09   #207

Hey, thats one heck of a review. No wonder your review was applauded by GTO himself. Being a newbee, am trying to figure out a way to PM you and seek some advice before I book my TUV 100 T8 Manual. If you can drop a PM or mail me, it would be grt. Speedy Racer (another BHPian was helpfull too)

Once again, congrats on a great detailed review that helps many potential buyers. And yeah, the pics are too good and make the tank look awesome. No need to buy a new camera.

Anil
anil.manthripra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 09:22   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil.manthripra View Post
Hey, thats one heck of a review. No wonder your review was applauded by GTO himself. Being a newbee, am trying to figure out a way to PM you and seek some advice before I book my TUV 100 T8 Manual. If you can drop a PM or mail me, it would be grt. Speedy Racer (another BHPian was helpfull too)

Once again, congrats on a great detailed review that helps many potential buyers. And yeah, the pics are too good and make the tank look awesome. No need to buy a new camera.

Anil
Hey Anil, thank you for your compliments. Yes, I agree, GTO helped a lot to shape up my ownership review to the stage what it is today. You can put forth your queries in this thread itself instead of private message, so that others can also benefit. Also you can put your queries on the official TUV review thread, many other owners can answer your queries.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 13:46   #209
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I went to Pimpri market to purchase some furnishings for my new flat. The ceiling fans and the other small fittings got easily accomodated in the boot. However for the curtains I had purchased 5 pipes, 8 feet (2 nos), 10 feet (2 nos) & 12 feet (1 nos). Obviously could not fit them in the cabin. The roof carrier of my TUV came to my rescue. The bundle of 5 pipes was tied to the roof carrier. Here are some pics of the pipes on carrier.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160611_124332.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160611_124310.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160611_124509.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 23:21   #210
Senior - BHPian

Guys did a tankful today. The tank gulped in 50.98 litres of diesel and had run 720 kms, since the last tankful, giving me a fuel efficiency of 14.12 kmpl. About 250 kms of the above distance was on highway and rest home-office-home and other city commutes (100% AC usage).

I am yet to breach the 15 kmpl mark, which can be possible only if I do consistent highway running.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 15th June 2016 at 23:23.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks