Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 22:35   #106
BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Recently I was travelling on eastern expressway in friend's Innova which is registered at Nasik RTO (MH.15). Traffic cops stopped us, checked all the documents which were up to date. Then he blamed fonts of number plates, stating that plate has varying font size i.e 4 digit number has different font size, we paid Rs. 100 as a fine and left.

Following is the picture of the Innova, observe the number plate and in 2nd picture few duplicate IND plates, though the one on left hand side is genuine IND plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20151119_175350453_hdr.jpg  

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20151120_103159017.jpg  

Last edited by Aniruddha_Ch : 7th December 2015 at 22:36. Reason: Spacing
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 09:40   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
Thanks Eddy, GKMahajan and AutoIndian. I had absolutely no clue about HSRPs until last week. I learnt about it only when the number plate dealer mentioned that it was mandatory. However, after installing the number plates today, I realized that they are duplicate ones. But all other vehicles getting the number plates fixed today had the same hologram and IND printed on them. Also, in the last two days I've observed many other vehicles in my city having the same type of number plates too.

I know that I am definitely going to land in trouble when I travel out of state.I should have done a proper study before installing the number plates. I wasn't aware of it. Will have to figure out a way to cover the hologram/IND or change the number plates to new ones. Thanks a lot again for clearing my doubt.
Dear Titanium,

I think the plates fitted by you are not 'illegal'. So, most probably, you will not have any issues going out of state.

However, I can suggest that you check with some friends in the state that you plan to visit, just before leaving your state. My stupid 2 cents!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 09:55   #108
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, i.e. 7th Dec completed exactly one month with my Orange tank. It was on 7th Nov I brought it home. It has run 1450 kms during this one month (100% within the city). Unfortunately didn't get a chance to venture out on the highway for long drive. I Would like to summarize, the likes, dislikes, issues of the tank as below.

• Huge road presence. This is a head turner for sure, a second look is guaranteed
  • Amazing ride quality, pot holes, speed breakers, road/ bridge joints are dismissed like they never existed
  • Good Ground clearance, bottom scraping (what is that?)
  • Extraordinary cabin space within 4 metre restrictions
  • Very good OEM lamps (head lamps and fog lamps combo), no need for upgrade
  • The static bending lamps is my favourite feature of this car and it works like a charm
  • Tail lamps, rear fog lamps and the brake lamps are also very powerful. Keeps away the tailgaters
  • Humongous fuel tank of 60 litres. Combine this with a mileage of 15 kmpl+. Easily gives a touring range of 900kms+
Dislikes:
  • Very minor buzz/rattle coming from driver side door. When the window glass is completely rolled up, it gives a buzzing sound. Taking the glass 2-3mm down eliminates it.
  • Not sure if it is the brake grinding noise of something else, but after braking when I accelerate I get to hear this grinding noise, could it be the vacuum modulator sound?
  • There is lot of black brake dust getting deposited on the front alloys. Though this is common across all the cars, I am worried by the sheer amount of brake dust. Hope once the brakes bed in properly this should get reduced
  • If the car is runnnig and I press the handbrake (not lift it), but press it down there is some grating noise
  • The rear windshield should have been bigger. The spare wheel cover obstructs the view from the already smaller windshield and one has to be extra careful with tailgating two wheelers or low slung cars like old Zen or Esteem types
Overall a very satisfying one month of ownership and hope it continues to be so in the long run.

Enjoy the picture of the Orange tank

AutoIndian is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 10:07   #109
BHPian

Congrats @Autoindian.Fantastic thread. Expect nothing less from you after having leached off your excellent Indica ownership thread. I drive a linea now but this Tank is already in my list for an additional vehicle just cause of your endorsement

I'll probably trail you by 10-15 k kms. Just like I trailed your Indica with my Indigo.
drsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 10:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Congrats @Autoindian.Fantastic thread. Expect nothing less from you after having leached off your excellent Indica ownership thread. I drive a linea now but this Tank is already in my list for an additional vehicle just cause of your endorsement

I'll probably trail you by 10-15 k kms. Just like I trailed your Indica with my Indigo.
Thank you drsingh for your wishes and compliments. I very well recollect interactions with you on my Indica thread. Once upon a time the Linea with a 1.6 L Multijet heart was one of my dream machines, but Fiat never took that bold step. Only now they have brought out the Abarth T-Jet, which again would cater to a very niche segment. Anyways all this can be left for discussion on a different thread.

You are most welcome to trail me even here and will look forward to your comments/ feedback.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 11:52   #111
BHPian

Yesterday I spotted a TUV300 in Pune city with many accessories like black claddings and chromes. It looked nice barring the chrome elements. Any plans to add them in your tank..?
Old 8th December 2015, 13:14   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Titanium,
I think the plates fitted by you are not 'illegal'. So, most probably, you will not have any issues going out of state. However, I can suggest that you check with some friends in the state that you plan to visit, just before leaving your state. My stupid 2 cents!
Girish Mahajan
That sounds great ! Thank again Girish. I'll definitely check with my friends before traveling out of city/state.
Old 8th December 2015, 13:48   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Yesterday I spotted a TUV300 in Pune city with many accessories like black claddings and chromes. It looked nice barring the chrome elements. Any plans to add them in your tank..?
Hi MaxTorque, right now no plans for any kind of accessories. I wanted the bare minimum, hence have put the 3M Nomad mats, that's it. Want to put the mud flaps as well. Fortunately M&M had provided all the basic accessories so I will use the car in stock condition, may be one year down the line I can think of accessorizing it further
Old 13th December 2015, 22:23   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The way in which the tank gobbles up the road irregularities, be it pot holes, speed bumps, road joints etc. There is nothing but a very mild thud heard inside and passengers are undisturbed. It would be very hard to tell the quality of the road if you are sitting inside the TUV with your eyes closed. You will feel every road to be super smooth.
Hi AutoIndian, Congrats on your TUV, it looks smashing in molten orange !

How would you compare the ride quality and handling of the TUV vs your earlier Innova on a scale of 1 to 10 at low and high speeds ?

Wishing you and your family many happy drives in your new ride
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 22:59   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi AutoIndian, Congrats on your TUV, it looks smashing in molten orange !

How would you compare the ride quality and handling of the TUV vs your earlier Innova on a scale of 1 to 10 at low and high speeds ?

Wishing you and your family many happy drives in your new ride
Thank you for your wishes Mooza. I haven't done long distance driving in my TUV yet. So the comparison would be in view of my limited experience of 1600 kms (1 month) in my TUV and that of 18K kms ( 1 year) in my Innova.

Ride Quality:
If Innova scores 8 on a scale of 10, then the TUV would be 9 or even higher than that. The primary reason for this as per me is the wider section of tyres (215mm vs 205mm of Innova) and the aspect ratio of 75 vs 65 that of Innova. What does that mean? TUV tyres have a sidewall thickness of 161mm vs 133mm that for Innova. This gives the TUV a more cushy ride. Most of the shocks are absorbed by the tyres themselves and the balance taken care by the suspension. You don't have to slow down for bridge joints and other road irregularities. The tyre and road noise is also less in the TUV compared to the Innova.

Handling
Haven't really had the opportunity to test the handling of TUV. however since the CG of the TUV is higher than that of the Innova I am expecting that the TUV would be a shade lower than Innova when it comes to handling. The Innova never disappointed me, be it the ghat roads or highways, the steering and handling was very predictive and confidence inspiring. The TUV will be put to test during long highway runs. The brakes in Innova were sharper and sure footed compared to TUV. Wish the TUV brakes had more bite in them.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 21:01   #116
BHPian

AutoIndian,
Any further updates on your TUV ownership? Were you able to take the tank for highway drives? Are you planning a long trip soon? Eager to hear about your experience with the tank on the highway.

Last edited by narenteam : 15th December 2015 at 21:02.
Old 15th December 2015, 22:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
AutoIndian,
Any further updates on your TUV ownership? Were you able to take the tank for highway drives? Are you planning a long trip soon? Eager to hear about your experience with the tank on the highway.
Hi narenteam, actually my hands, legs and the whole body is itching to take my Orange tank on long highway drives, however too tied up in office work. Last week only I joined a new assignment/ project, which is in a critical phase, so putting in almost 12-14 hours a day in office work. On week ends some or the other work crops up. After Christmas I have some planned vacations. Hope I am able to take the tank out of city limits at least in the last week of Dec 2015.
Old 17th December 2015, 12:03   #118
BHPian

Quote:
=AutoIndian;3870820 Last week only I joined a new assignment/ project, which is in a critical phase, so putting in almost 12-14 hours a day in office work. On week ends some or the other work crops up. After Christmas I have some planned vacations. Hope I am able to take the tank out of city limits at least in the last week of Dec 2015.
Not a good news for us. I was waiting for your daily updates and things you learnt from your TUV like you used to write. Hope your workload is reduced soon and your focus is back to updating the thread.

Have you installed any seat covers ? I am planning to go for the ones available with the dealer.
Old 17th December 2015, 13:37   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I am planning to go for the ones available with the dealer.
I did check this out but was not impressed with the quality and cost is on the higher end. Do check with Captain rex as he had got covers from the dealer. In some cases the dealer has tie ups with local seat cover makers and you end up paying a premium for a product that is not premium.
Old 19th December 2015, 22:00   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Not a good news for us. I was waiting for your daily updates and things you learnt from your TUV like you used to write. Hope your workload is reduced soon and your focus is back to updating the thread.
Don't worry mate, workload or not I will keep updating this thread. Only grouse is that I am not able to take the TUV out of city limits, however averaging 40-50kms a day for in-city driving.

Quote:
Have you installed any seat covers ? I am planning to go for the ones available with the dealer.
No seat covers yet. If I am lucky to manage then next week end planning to visit the shop who did the seat covers for my Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I did check this out but was not impressed with the quality and cost is on the higher end. Do check with Captain rex as he had got covers from the dealer. In some cases the dealer has tie ups with local seat cover makers and you end up paying a premium for a product that is not premium.
with procrj. In Mumbai I am sure you will find many seat cover manufacturers. You can directly go to them and inquire. The shop in Pune, Shri Ashtavinayak Enterprises that I am referring has a factory of his own and manufactures seat covers by the brand named "Wings". He is the preferred seat cover supplier for many car accessories shops in and around Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks