Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section.

Mind-blowing report, many thanks for sharing! This will greatly help thousands of potential TUV300 owners in knowing whether the SUV is right for them or not.

Congrats on the tank & wish you thousands of kms of enjoyable driving. One thing for sure, this Mahindra has character .
Hey GTO, thank you so much for taking my review live, I am getting goose bumps and feeling like on 7th heaven. Was waiting for this moment with bated breath. I have made an honest attempt to pen down my review. However the short duration of 2 weeks and just 650 kms under the belt won't cover all the pros and cons of the car. Moreover the absence of registration number is holding me from taking my tank on long highway drives. However next month, once I get the number plates installed in my car, I will unleash my tank and then there will be no looking back . Will keep adding my experiences to my review. I will put my whole hearted efforts in making this thread will be a "one-stop-shop" for all potential and existing TUV300 owners. Many thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Congrats Once again AutoIndian.

Your review should be posted by Mahindra on their website for prospective customers. It covers everything the good, the not so good and above everything the detailed inputs of every aspect of a car that one can ask for.

Big Thank you and happy Mile crunching.
Thank you for your wishes Arindam. I am feeling elated to see your comments. They have made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Finally. I have been following you from our Ertiga discussion days.

Happy for you and wish you a niggle free ownership.

I am yet to decide on my next buy. TUV, Ertiga or the S-Cross. In this order.
I know TaurusAl, you have been following me on various threads. I too was doing the same thing when I was hunting for my new car. Please list down your requirements and preferences and prioritize them. It won't be difficult then to make the right choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Lovely incredible involving report! A detailed and well captured through photographs. This would serve as a ready reckoner for many potential buyers.
Wishing you the best with your tank!
Thanks mate, LoneRidder. I have put in my heart into it. Wish I had a better camera, I could have added many more. One thing which is still pending is to take the night shots, showing the different light combinations. Have tried various settings on my mobile and point-and-shoot camera, however could not get the perfect combination and the shots are coming a bit blurred. Will get hold of a good DSLR and capture those night shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStinger View Post
Excellent review Autoindian. Here's wishing you a happy and a troublefree ownership with the TANK! One quick question here and maybe other TANK owners in this forum can throw some light on this. Is the TUV available in custom colors other than the stock ones offered by M&M ? I would like mine in chocolate brown ,similar to the shades offered by Ecosport & S-Cross. If this isn't possible then an olive green shade would be my second choice. Cheers
Thank you for your wishes BlackStinger. Only the green shade is possible in custom colour, the chocolate brown shade is not available on TUV. Wish it would have been there. The Duster, Ecosport and S-Cross look awesome in that shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Congratulations on the new car. Very well written review report. Many thanks for sharing this.
Wishing you many many miles with the tank.
Thank you for your wishes basilmabraham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Fantastic review!
Does the TUV have a AC filter? If yes, do insist & ensure that the ASC folks clean it at every service, even if it's not mentioned in the manual. This will contribute a lot to the effectiveness of the AC.
Many congratulations and wish you a million miles of safe and happy driving!
Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram, the TUV does come with the cabin AC filter. Many thanks for your advice regarding AC filter cleaning. Will keep that point in mind at every service. Quoting below page 146 from Owner's Manual
Quote:
10.9 HVAC Air Filter (Cabin Air Filter)
Your vehicle’s HVAC system is equipped with an air filter at the blower inlet just behind the glove box. Before getting sucked-in by the blower, air passes through this filter element. Dirt and other foreign particles get trapped inside the filter. Clean air is then circulated through the HVAC unit and into the cabin.
The HVAC filter gets clogged after long use. The clogged filter will reduce the air flow rate, thereby the air-conditioning and heating efficiencies will be drastically reduced. Even the windshield/windows may begin to mist/fog-up easily. To maintain optimum HVAC system performance, clean the filter element as per recommended maintenance schedule. However while operating in highly dusty or polluting conditions, the filter may require early replacement. If the air flow seems to have considerably reduced, get the filter cleaned immediately. To access the filter, open the glove box, remove the rubber pins on both sides of the glove box lid. Un-clip the filter retaining clip and remove the filter straight out. Clean the air filter or replace (if damaged) and follow the reverse procedure for putting the filter back. Never operate the HVAC system with the filter removed. This may result in premature failure of system components.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd November 2015 at 15:06.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:35   #32
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations for this TANK.

Comprehensive is the word for this well written, well captured and very well detailed review

Wishing you and your TANK a very happy miles munching ahead.
J_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:06   #33
BHPian

Awesome report buddy... I have spent the last couple of hours reading your Innova thread and now this one. All I can say is that all's well that ends well and wishing you good luck with your new acquisition. Look forward to reading your regular updates!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:24   #34
BHPian

What a comprehensive report on your TANK. Can be easily classified under Official reviews for TUV300. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread. Many congratulations on your new purchase. Safe Driving ahead
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:38   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

So finally the report is up! Excellent I must say and a well deserved 5 Stars from my side. Perhaps the most detailed report for the TUV covering all aspects and comparos which most likely will benefit a lot of buyers with their decision making process.

Wish you all good luck and miles and miles of driving fun!!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrikon_454 View Post
Hearty Congratulations AutoIndian. Ins and Outs of the car mentioned in a very detailed manner. Will serve as a great tool for prospective buyers. Wishing you safe miles with this beauty. Cheers!
Thank you for your wishes satrikon, appreciate your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
Hearty Congratulations for this TANK.
Comprehensive is the word for this well written, well captured and very well detailed review

Wishing you and your TANK a very happy miles munching ahead.
Thanks J_Man. The Orange tank is just taking toddler steps now. Once it gets the registration numbers, it will start its sprint and begin munching miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Awesome report buddy... I have spent the last couple of hours reading your Innova thread and now this one. All I can say is that all's well that ends well and wishing you good luck with your new acquisition. Look forward to reading your regular updates!
Thank you avdhesh15. My Black Workhorse (Innova) was very close to the heart. Although its journey with me was only for a year, it has left behind many happy moments. I literally had a lump in my throat on the day I handed it back to the previous owner. How I wish, it's accident history was not revealed to me, I would have happily lived with it for ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
What a comprehensive report on your TANK. Can be easily classified under Official reviews for TUV300. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread. Many congratulations on your new purchase. Safe Driving ahead
Thank you srivatsahg. Our official reviews are class apart. Even if I can achieve 1% of that, I will consider myself very privileged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So finally the report is up! Excellent I must say and a well deserved 5 Stars from my side. Perhaps the most detailed report for the TUV covering all aspects and comparos which most likely will benefit a lot of buyers with their decision making process.

Wish you all good luck and miles and miles of driving fun!!
Hey Parag, thank you for your wishes mate. Your Ertiga thread was one of the inspirations for me to consider the Ertiga SHVS. Besides your thread I had thoroughly scanned other Ertiga threads like those of AGP, Ajay, Kalinga, Nurni, Rajain, Anurag and many others. I was almost certain that Ertiga would make its way in my garage. I had taken extensive test drives and was impressed with the all round package it had to offer. However the uncertainty over the SHVS launch and then no commitment from the dealers about its delivery really put me off. Just consider this I was without a car, when I handed over my Innova and not knowing when my next car will come was really disheartening. Fortunately the TUV came in the scheme of my things and it clicked all the right boxes. Most importantly I got a commitment of delivery before Diwali, hence cut a booking cheque, then and there itself. I still remember you warning me against the TUV as it would feel breathless at triple digit speeds. You mentioned that the TUV had a very flat or rather lower than mediocre performance around 100 KMPH and would get worse above that. I appreciated you sharing your concerns and warning me about the TUV's drawbacks. Had I been doing long, interstate trips like you often do, I would have immediately backed off from the TUV. However my requirements were a bit different. 80% would be city driving. For the balance 20%, it would be native place, hill stations, religious places etc, which would have ghat roads, broken or no roads. The TUV was a perfect fit for such kind of terrain. For long highway hauls, the Ertiga or even the XUV would make better sense anyday than the TUV. Nevertheless knowing the drawbacks of TUV helped me in making the right choice and I really thank you for that.
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:23   #37

Great report AutoIndian. I just devour whatever you write. Waiting with bated breath for my baby. My dealer (in Tirupathi) said that he would deliver on 30th and so do an RTGS of the full amount now. You think that needs to be done? This dealer is 130 kms away from my town and it is the first time I'm interacting with him. Would it be in order - like you did - to ring up customer care and find out if they've dispatched any AMT to Tirupati? Would like a bit of advise on all this. Have a great time driving your tank, buddy. Happy driving!
injun269 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:31   #38
BHPian

What an effort! Superb review of the Tank. Man, you seriously love your cars, don't you!

In detail reviews with pics & interlaced with emotions makes your review of TUV300 the best!

Happy and safe mile crunching!
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
What an effort! Superb review of the Tank. Man, you seriously love your cars, don't you!

In detail reviews with pics & interlaced with emotions makes your review of TUV300 the best!

Happy and safe mile crunching!
Thank you for your comments and wishes balajisv. I do love my cars (probably beyond myself), not just mine but all other cars. Each car has a story and a life of its own. My betterhalf always me for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by injun269 View Post
Great report AutoIndian. I just devour whatever you write. Waiting with bated breath for my baby. My dealer (in Tirupathi) said that he would deliver on 30th and so do an RTGS of the full amount now. You think that needs to be done? This dealer is 130 kms away from my town and it is the first time I'm interacting with him. Would it be in order - like you did - to ring up customer care and find out if they've dispatched any AMT to Tirupati? Would like a bit of advise on all this. Have a great time driving your tank, buddy. Happy driving!
Many congratulations to you once again on booking the TUV. Since your car is just a week away from delivery, you can make 80-90% payment (whatever is convenient to you). Reserve the 10% for PDI and clearly tell the dealer that you would release that only after you have done the PDI and completely satisfied with the car. If any issues found in the car release 5% and keep another 5% balance to be released only after the issues that you have reported during the PDI have been fixed. This worked for me very well and even the dealer folks appreciated all the pain that I was taking for the PDI. I did the PDI twice, once at dealer stockyard and other one at the dealer showroom. Yes, you can always call the customer care, they are there only for us, the customers. You can also drop a mail to customercare@mahindra.com to check the status of your car.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd November 2015 at 20:04.
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:59   #40
BHPian

Hi AutoIndian, This is one of the finest and precise reviews. You have taken great effort and spent a lot of time in compiling, this is very much seen in each and every sentence that you have conveyed. I highly appreciate your time and efforts and thanks a lot. I believe the time you spent in writing the review is worth because the pictures spoke thousand words, and I am sure that you also have enjoyed spending time with it.

Congratulations on your new tank! I wish you and your family many happy miles ahead. In fact, Mahindra has latest technology in mechanical and electronics. Yes, its not only a tank, it an armored tank.

Cheers!
Best regards,
Yogesh
yogeshnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:19   #41
BHPian

AutoIndian,

Excellent writeup on your experience with the tank :clap
It really takes a lot of passion to create such a post.
Looking forward to frequent updates on this thread.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:36   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely review AutoIndian. Congratulations and wish you all the best. Having followed your purchase dilemma and discussions (I think in the Ertiga thread), personally was initially surprised at your sudden switch to the TUV. But looks like it was an excellent decision and the TUV perfectly meets all your needs and requirements.

Congrats again.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Hi AutoIndian, This is one of the finest and precise reviews. You have taken great effort and spent a lot of time in compiling, this is very much seen in each and every sentence that you have conveyed. I highly appreciate your time and efforts and thanks a lot. I believe the time you spent in writing the review is worth because the pictures spoke thousand words, and I am sure that you also have enjoyed spending time with it.

Congratulations on your new tank! I wish you and your family many happy miles ahead. In fact, Mahindra has latest technology in mechanical and electronics. Yes, its not only a tank, it an armored tank.

Cheers!
Best regards,
Yogesh
You are spot on Yogesh . "A picture is worth thousand words", hence I tried to limit the prose and focus more on pictures. I am yet to take many pictures, will do so in due course. Your words are so very encouraging and giving me a boost to raise the bar. I wanted a car, which had all the basic mechanicals sorted out, bare minimum electronics and a robust build. Mahindra has very diligently packaged these in the TUV and at a very attractive sticker price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
AutoIndian,

Excellent writeup on your experience with the tank :clap
It really takes a lot of passion to create such a post.
Looking forward to frequent updates on this thread.
Thank you narenteam. Yes, I am very passionate about cars and that is the reason why I am here in TBHP. Updates to this thread, definitely there will be plenty. That is the least that you can expect from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Lovely review AutoIndian. Congratulations and wish you all the best. Having followed your purchase dilemma and discussions (I think in the Ertiga thread), personally was initially surprised at your sudden switch to the TUV. But looks like it was an excellent decision and the TUV perfectly meets all your needs and requirements.

Congrats again.
Thanks Rajeevraj for your wishes. Not just you, but everyone who knew me was taken aback by my decision to go for the TUV (including myself). The TUV was nowhere in picture, it came out of the blue. Yes, the TUV met all my requirements and bettered the Ertiga in all aspects. Normally I would never take a gamble with a newly launched product (especially by an Indian manufacturer). I would waited at least for 6 months so that the initial niggles or teething/troubles to be wriggled out. However I was without a car, when I had to handover back my Innova. I was very desperate to get a car at the earliest. Given the good track record of Mahindra After Sales Service, and knowing fully well that I would be one of those guinea pigs I took the plunge. Lets see if my gamble works out in my favour or otherwise.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd November 2015 at 20:45.
Old 23rd November 2015, 21:11   #44

Nice report, thanks and Congratulations!!
The Apollo Apterras, to me, look a bit too beefed up for the TUV, making the alloys look puny? Of course they must be comfortable.

PS: Are these pics taken in the TELCO area in Pimpri?
Ironhood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 21:34   #45
BHPian

Droolworthy review sir, Many thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on the tank! You're review should be used as the official review for the M&M website! Very detailed and very expressive using photographs!

Wishing you a happy and trouble-free ownership with the TANK!

-Adhi
The Dude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed