Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 12:10   #121
BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Hi everyone,

Our Black TUV was delivered last week (15-Dec-2015). Attached is the pic of vehicle. Have just fitted the music system nothing else has been added. If there are any probable T4/T4+ owners, then fyi, only a 1-din music system is recommended as the vehicle has proper slot cut out only for 1-din system, I had a 2-din system and hence had to chop off a part of the dash beyond the provided slot as 2-din dummy fascias are not yet available in the market for TUV. As for the speakers, 6-inch speakers fit very well in the door speaker provisions and do use wooden speaker rings to avoid jarring.

I have driven the vehicle for about 400 km so far, mostly office commute and one longish drive to Mahabalipuram. Initial impression is that the vehicle is honestly good in terms of heavy traffic drivability & high way cruising at 80-100 kmph speeds. The handling is predictable, body roll/dive control & steering control is better than new Scorpio & Safari (have driven both before) & braking is progressive without a snappy bite (I am used to this sort of a braking after coming from a K-10 WagonR). As for the niggles, I could find most of the niggles reported by Autoindian and Captain Rex such as minor vibration sound from the driver side window which vanishes once the window is lowered by a few mm. The front door's top edge shape as noted by CaptainRex, my father who is 5'11" got struck by the door while opening the door in the dark and I feel a whiff of air sweeping near my forehead when the doors close and open most of the times.
In addition, the plastic cladding beneath the engine sump and gearbox (refer to the Official review pics) is missing in my vehicle. The SC has no idea about it and I am in constant touch with Mahindra support (Mahindra With You Hamesha) since the very next day I took the delivery. I keep getting calls from various people from Mahindra support and Dealer but yet to get a proper resolution. No body seems to be sure, worst part was I get a call from Accessories dept. asking if I was referring to 3M Under body coating!
Hope this gets resolved soon.

Cheers!!
Attached Thumbnails
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img20151215wa0000.jpg  

sathyasuri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 12:57   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri
Hi everyone,

Our Black TUV was delivered last week (15-Dec-2015). Attached is the pic of vehicle. Have just fitted the music system nothing else has been added. If there are any probable T4/T4+ owners,
Cheers!!
Hi Sathyasuri,
Congrats on getting your personal tank! :clap
Did you try highway drives? Is the 2nd row seat foldable at all in T4? The website says that this feature is only available in T8 model. I find that amusing!
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 13:48   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Our Black TUV was delivered last week
Congrats sathyasuri - Enjoy the ride and drive safe. Surprised that the hard plastic protection is missing. Also the front grill looks matte black. Is that the case or is it light playing tricks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Is the 2nd row seat foldable at all in T4?
Its not. Had checked out a T4 & T6 and in both of these, the rear backrest could not folded down. Don't see any logic for this and I am not sure what impact this would have on the total cost of manufacturing the vehicle.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 14:12   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Congrats sathyasuri - Enjoy the ride and drive safe. Surprised that the hard plastic protection is missing. Also the front grill looks matte black. Is that the case or is it light playing tricks?...
Thanks Procrj.Yes, the front grill is matte black, while the bumpers are body coloured in T4+ (not so in T4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Hi Sathyasuri,
Congrats on getting your personal tank! :clap
Did you try highway drives? Is the 2nd row seat foldable at all in T4? The website says that this feature is only available in T8 model. I find that amusing!
Thanks Naren. Highway drives... did a longish non-stop ~100 km drive last sunday on the ECR (coastal road between Chennai & Pondicherry), my observations in my post are mainly based on that drive. And about the 2nd row seats, as Procrj said, it is not foldable in T4 & T6 variants for some reason.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 15:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Our Black TUV was delivered last week (15-Dec-2015). Attached is the pic of vehicle.
Many congratulations sathyasuri on getting your Black TUV T4+. What was the onroad price? Also please give the break-up. A brand new car and just one picture, does not do justice to this mean machine. So take loads of pictures and feel free to post them on my thread.

Quote:
I have driven the vehicle for about 400 km so far, mostly office commute and one longish drive to Mahabalipuram. Initial impression is that the vehicle is honestly good in terms of heavy traffic drivability & high way cruising at 80-100 kmph speeds. The handling is predictable, body roll/dive control & steering control is better than new Scorpio & Safari (have driven both before) & braking is progressive without a snappy bite (I am used to this sort of a braking after coming from a K-10 WagonR)
Your observations are spot on. 80-100 kmph is the sweet spot for this engine, feels less strained and very minimal noise intrusion inside the cabin. I would however have liked more bite to the brakes. When the car is fully loaded this bite would help stop in a desired distance in emergency situations.

Quote:
As for the niggles, I could find most of the niggles reported by Autoindian and Captain Rex such as minor vibration sound from the driver side window which vanishes once the window is lowered by a few mm.
The is the only irritating niggle that I find in the car. Though there is a workaround, I will make all attempts to get this fixed during first servicing.

Quote:
The front door's top edge shape as noted by CaptainRex, my father who is 5'11" got struck by the door while opening the door in the dark and I feel a whiff of air sweeping near my forehead when the doors close and open most of the times.
My goodness, make your father and others aware about the slanting door. We as owners get used to it pretty fast but other people who occasionally use that co-driver seat run more risk of causing injury to themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Its not. Had checked out a T4 & T6 and in both of these, the rear backrest could not folded down. Don't see any logic for this and I am not sure what impact this would have on the total cost of manufacturing the vehicle.
That is the way Mahindra places all their lower variants. As the top end models have maximum margins, they want each customer to go for top end only, thus they eliminate some must have features like rear wiper, front fog lamps, folding seats etc in lower variants.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 23:07   #126
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the 2000 km milestone today while returning from office to home, this has come after 1.5 months of ownership. Could not take a picture of the odo as there was too much traffic. Car has seen only home-office-home runs. Hoping to venture out on short trips in the coming days as I have planned some vacations. Tomorrow will do another tankful and calculate the mileage (expected to be low this time).
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 11:02   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations sathyasuri on getting your Black TUV T4+. What was the onroad price? Also please give the break-up. A brand new car and just one picture, does not do justice to this mean machine. So take loads of pictures and feel free to post them on my thread.
Thanks Autoindian, on-road price was 8.46L (Ex. Showroom - 7.49L, road tax & reg 77 K, comprehensive insurance with 35% NCB - 20K). Yes, sure will post more pics.

Quote:
This is the only irritating niggle that I find in the car. Though there is a workaround, I will make all attempts to get this fixed during first servicing.
Please do let us know about the fix done at the workshop for the window vibration.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 17:20   #128
Senior - BHPian

Just now did a tankful from the Shell bunk in KSB pump chowk. The tank gulped in 49.86 litres of diesel (manual top up after auto cut off to round the total @ Rs2600/-). Car had covered a distance of 681 kms from the last tankful, giving a mileage of 13.65kmpl. All driving has been within city with 100% AC, not bad I would say.

On another note, here is one more learning, which I updated in the TUV official review thread some time ago.

What did I learn about my TUV today #6 26-Dec-2015.

While cleaning the car dust with a duster today, I also thought of topping up the windshield water. Hence opened the cap of the filler pipe. To my surprise I saw a fine wire mesh at the mouth of the filler pipe. Nice touch. This will prevent any solid impurities from entering into the water reservoir and finding its way to the wiper washer pump. Thus jamming of the pump and the water jet spray nozzles can be prevented.

Edit: I have not seen this arrangement in my previous two cars, Indica and Innova. If any one of you have seen this kind of wire mesh in any other cars please share it here.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20151226_142152.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20151226_142204.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20151226_142243.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 17:39   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

This is there in the Linea AFAIK as I have filled up water many times.

I don't recall this in the Ertiga. However, many other cars will certainly have this arrangement today.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 17:53   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
giving a mileage of 13.65kmpl. All driving has been within city with 100% AC, not bad I would say
I can live with that mileage in city conditions you need to take the tank out and stretch its legs!
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 19:41   #131
Senior - BHPian

My XUV5OO also has this. This is really a good move by Mahindra to have it in all its cars.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 19:51   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not seen this arrangement in my previous two cars
Nice catch and good work by Mahindra - I haven't seen in any of BMW's or Toyota that we have owned .
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 21:39   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Nice catch and good work by Mahindra - I haven't seen in any of BMW's or Toyota that we have owned .
Really? This water filter is present in the F30 320D but yes it is missing in Innova. This is present in a Polo nowadays, cant imaging BMW skimping on it.
Fiesta, Vento etc have these nowadays, should help stop solid particles from entering the system.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 20:49   #134
Senior - BHPian

Tomorrow is the first trip in my TUV lined up, though a short one. Planning to visit one of my acquaintances on Sinhagad road tomorrow morning. Pick them up (Uncle and Aunt) and head to Sinhagad Fort. So it will be 6 adults and 2 kids. Planning to reach the fort top, do some sight seeing and have lunch. If time permits, we will divert towards the Kondanapur side of the fort and head to Khed Shivapur to touch NH4. From there we plan to visit Shree Venkateshwara temple (Keth Kavale). If there is still some time left, then we may plan to even cover the famous Dattatreya temple of Narayanpur and then head back to the Sinhagad road residence.

Has anyone recently been to the Sinhagad fort recently? How is the road from Donje village to the top of mountain? What are the toll charges? Also how is the road condition from Sinhagad to Kondanapur? Any inputs for this trip would be much appreciated.
Old 7th January 2016, 11:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

Friends, just an update about the travelogue on my recent trip (sinhagad fort-balaji temple-narayanpur-shivthar ghal). Our moderator GTO took the efforts of moving all my trip posts into a separate thread in the Travelogues section. Many thanks to him for taking the pains. I have been too lazy to do that. Sharing the travelogue link over here for ready reference.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...thar-ghal.html

Right now my odo is at 2650km (350km short for the first service) @ 3K km. I am planning to get the first service done on next Saturday i.e. 16th Jan. However given my daily office commute of 40kms, I will put on another 260 kms by that day. So to plug in the km shortfall I may plan another trip on coming Saturday, obviously it would be a short one. Could be either to the fort Raigad (via Tamhini ghat and Nizampur) or could be to Nighoj via Shirur (Pune-Nagar road), which has the famous calcium rock formations.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 7th January 2016 at 11:28.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks