Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2016, 17:34   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
I had installed the same carrier but it had a support bracket which was clamped to top portion of door area.
Currently the carrier had been removed as no long drive on mind :(
Can you post a picture of your carrier and its clamping bracket?. Mine is the M-Tek make Super sports Carbon model and as you can see it is clamped to the roof rails using a screw with a knob. I wonder if your's is the same model why it is clamped to the top portion of the door area. That is not advisable, because each time you close the door the rubber beading on the door will foul with the clamping bracket, which will eventually cut the rubber beading.
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:15   #257
Senior - BHPian

My Orange Tank's anniversary celebrations (yes it is completing one year with me on 7th Nov 2016) has not started on a good note. Yesterday I faced this major issue of coolant leakage and the coolant reservoir getting dried out completely. Please go through my posts related to this issue and its resolution on the TUV Official review thread --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4085765
Old 4th November 2016, 11:26   #258
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I checked the coolant level in the reservoir and touchwood, it is stable after 40 kms driving. Also checked the radiator hose pipe going to the engine, near the joint by touching it, but there was no trace of coolant. So looks like the joint has formed a good seal. But it is still a big question how long this seal would remain in good condition and prevent any further leakages. Also checked the underbody, now no traces/coolant droplets on the sump guard. Hope the problem is fixed permanently
Old 7th November 2016, 00:33   #259
Senior - BHPian

Orange Tank's first anniversary

07-Nov-2015: This was the day when the Orange Tank came into our life and today i.e. 07-Nov-2016, exactly one year later we are celebrating it's first anniversary. Hence I thought I would sum up my experience with my TUV for the last one year on this occasion.

To begin with here are some statistics of the car for the last one year.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-statistics.jpg

As of date the odometer reading stands at 13.4K (far low than I had initially expected). I was looking for at least 24K on the odo in a years time. Main reason for this has been my reduced daily commute (from 60km per day to 40km per day) and very few long trips (8 in a year to be precise), almost none in the last 5 months

Some memoirs of the various trips below.

Trip#1: 29-Dec-2015 --> Sinhagad Fort-Balaji -Narayanpur
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn4827.jpg

Trip#2: 30-Dec-2015 --> Nira-Devghar Dam & Shivtharghal
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn4988.jpg

TUV hunting for the road ahead in Varandha Ghat

Trip#3: 09-Jan-2016 --> Calcium Rock Formations @ Nighoj-Shirur
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-01tuv-first-one-offer-prayers.jpg

Trip#4: 03-Apr-2016 --> Theur Ashtavinayak & Bhuleshwar
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5426.jpg

Trip#5: 20-Apr-2016 --> Pali-Mahad-Ashtavinayak
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160420_161955.jpg

Trip#6: 21-May-2016 --> Barshi
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5590.jpg

Trip#7: 05-Jun-2016 --> Dombivli
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_101924.jpg

Trip#8: 18-Jun-2016 --> Lonavala
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160618_123132.jpg

TUV has been a mixed bag all this while. There were some instances when I felt this was the reason why I had bough the TUV, whereas at times I felt very low due to some issues. Some of those moments when I felt proud of my TUV are captured below.

The miniscule looking boot gulped in 8 bags (small & big) and 6 adults seated on front two row of seats

4 long pipes (longest being 12 feet in length) could easily be carried by tying to the roof carrier

5 digit figure on the odometer for the first time

M&M has taken care of Indian traffic conditions while designing the ORVM as it can swing in either direction

I just don't want to harp on the positives of the TUV. There have been some bad moments as well. Initial teething troubles are a given in any newly launched vehicle. We tend to ignore those as those are duly taken care by the service centre. However two issues faced with the car till date are worth mentioning:
Minor Issue: Driver side window rattling noise
Major Issue: Coolant Leakage

The not so good moments

Window winder assembly replaced under warrnty

The door panel had to be opened up for replacement of winder

Empty coolant reservoir after the coolant had leaked

Coolant droplets dripping from the underbody cover

The coolant leakage issue happened just this week and I was very fortunate that I could spot it just in the nick of time. The workshop also played a significant role in fixing it promptly. 4.5 litres of coolant was replaced under warranty & I didn't have to pay a single rupee.

I simply pray and wish that there are only minor niggles and no major issues in my Orange Tank. It continues to serve me with ultimate comfort, reliability and low cost of ownership.
Attached Thumbnails
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-01tuv-first-one-offer-prayers.jpg  

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5589.jpg  

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160605_102410.jpg  

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160618_123148.jpg  

AutoIndian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 16:30   #260
Senior - BHPian

Friends did a one day return trip with family on fort Raigad yesterday. It was a round trip of approx 350 kms, half of which was through ghat and jungle roads. It was very eventful and TUV performed flawlessly.

The complete trip travelogue can be found here ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post4095759
Old 3rd December 2016, 22:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend (Sunday of 27th Nov 2016), I got a chance to visit a stepwell near Satara, Bara Motechi Vihir along with my family. Since it was near Satara, we decided to visit the Kas Lake as well as the Shivsagar Lake (Koyna backwaters) near Bamnoli in the same trip. Thoroughly enjoyed this trip of 343 kms (especially the ghat road to Kas Pathar and Bamnoli). The Orange tank performed flawlessly (touchwood)

Attached below is the link to the complete travelogue:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-bamnoli.html
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 15:54   #262
Senior - BHPian

This week end no trip was planned. So spent the Saturday washing the car and then doing the wax polishing. I have been following this monthly ritual of polishing the car and this has helped retain the showroom gloss and wetness of the car's color.

I applied the wax polish to the black plastic parts around the mirror and the window frame, the "C" pillar etc. This brought back the shine and the parts were looking fresh. However the black honey comb grill at the front was looking very dull. I first sprayed some water and cleaned with a brush but that didn't help.

Look how dirty and dull the lower grill is looking. I wiped two sections with a cloth (marked with red oval below), that brought back some gloss
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_110421.jpg

The vertical grill was no different and it was equally dirty if not worse
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_110438.jpg

Mere wiping with wet cloth was not going to help. Dad proposed why don't I use the black shoe polish. Not a bad idea. I tried it on the vertical grill first with a cloth and look below what a drastic difference it made.
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_142259.jpg

The old vest cloth and the cherry blossom polish in action on the lower grill.
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_115352.jpg

See the difference between the polished area on the left and unpolished on on the right.
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_115336.jpg

However doing this with my index finger was painful and then an old used tooth brush came to my rescue. The new set of tools
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_121419.jpg

The new shining lower grill
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_142308.jpg

Both grills brought back to showroom condition with black polish, used tooth brush and 3 hours of sweat.
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161204_142246.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 16:59   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
black shoe polish
Will this not attract more dirt & grime making it harder to clean? I have been spraying no rinse wash and cleaning this as often as possible but its not easy. Need to figure out an alternate solution to keep this section clean.
Old 4th December 2016, 22:43   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Will this not attract more dirt & grime making it harder to clean? I have been spraying no rinse wash and cleaning this as often as possible but its not easy. Need to figure out an alternate solution to keep this section clean.
I have applied very little polish in each cell and hopefully it must have dried by now. At least now it is looking all black. Lets see how it fares in the coming days. But now it definitely looks a lot better and gives a fresher look to the front of the car.
Old 6th December 2016, 12:05   #265
Senior - BHPian

Today morning as soon as I entered my office parking, the odo crossed the 15K km milestone. Captured these two pics of the odo.

This has come exactly in 13 months of ownership, pretty low as I had predicted that I would be clocking at least 2K a month. But henceforth will try to take out the tank at the earliest possible opportunity

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161206_115254.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20161206_115315.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 12:26   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ravinder, I checked the grille yesterday (after one week of applying polish) and fortunately it has not attracted any dust and grime. It is still looking shiny black. Only care I have to take is that if I wash the car with water, then water droplets tend to accumulate on the grill and when the water dries up it leaves back stain marks which makes the grill dull. So I have to ensure that such water droplets don't get accumulated on the grill and I have to wipe it clean and dry.
Old 19th December 2016, 11:08   #267
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday did a one day trip to Kanifnath near Saswad. Went to my wife's sisters home in Hadapsar. We had packed our tiffins and we started at 12:30 pm. From Saswad road, at Khadikhan chowk, we took right towards Katraj (on Katraj - Fursungi bypass). Initial part of this road is good, but due to concretization work going on, the road simply does not exit at some places. After about 11 kms, we took left diversion towards Bopdev ghat. This ghat is small comparatively, however has two very sharp hair pin bends, but nothing that my Orange tank could not manage with 6 adults and 2 kids.

Below information courtest this website: --> http://www.around-pune.com/2013/03/k...ar-saswad.html

According to the local peoples, it was Saint Kanifnath who discovered this cave, which is now turned into a temple and hence dedicated to him. A unique temple, its main shrine is a closed room with a narrow entrance of 9 inch by 11 inch. Opened only to men, without shirt one has to squeeze and crawl through this narrow entrance to reach the shrines of Gorakshnath, Jalindranath and Macchindranath.

The closed room has little space for only ten people to stand comfortably at one time. As one is never suppose to show his legs towards the shrine, a person is expected to enter with the head going in first and coming out is also a skillfull task as the legs need to get out first. If you have claustrophobia (fear of enclosed places) you may want to refrain from going inside, as apart from the small entrance there is no other opening to the room.

First time visitors may get apprehensive about getting stuck but miraculously, even bulky men can easily enter, provided they has faith. As per the tradition and customs at the temple, only men are allowed to enter the main shrine that too with a bare chest.
Apart from the main shrine, there are small temples of Datta, Vitthal and Kaal Bhairav in the vicinity of the Kanifnath temple.

I tried my best but could not squeeze through the 12" X 9" hole. Took the darshan from outside only. After coming down the hill we had a good lunch from the tiffins that we were carrying. Here are some pics.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6509.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6476.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6483.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6488.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6492.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6494.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6495.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6497.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6501.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6506.jpg
Old 24th December 2016, 17:41   #268
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I did a tankful from the HP bunk (auto cut off and some Rs 10/- extra diesel to round it off). My orange Tank gulped in 49.23 litres of diesel and had covered 724 kms since last tankful, giving a fuel efficiency figure of 14.71 kmpl. Barring a 125 km highway trip most of the running has been home-office-home.

The last 4 tankfuls have averaged out at 14.89 kmpl, in which I had done two 350 kms highway trips. Looks like the tank likes to stretch its legs.

Tomorrow morning going on a 4 day Konkan trip. Planning to cover Guhagar, Velneshwar, Hedavi, Ganapati Pule, Aarey-Waarey. Lets see how much I can cover in 4 days and how much stamina my family has to cover all these places. We are 6 of us, parents, wife, myself and 2 kids with 4 days luggage. Hope my Orange tank won't disappoint me
Old 24th December 2016, 19:07   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
fuel efficiency figure of 14.71 kmpl
That's very health FE. Is this with engine in Eco mode? If this is without eco, then a big to your driving. Have a great trip deepak.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 22:03   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's very health FE. Is this with engine in Eco mode? If this is without eco, then a big to your driving. Have a great trip deepak.
Thank you Ravinder for your much needed wishes. Only once in my 13.5 months of TUV ownership did I ever use the ECO mode and that too was just for 2 mins. After experiencing the lethargic performance of the tank in ECO mode I sweared never to use it. Our right foot is the best "ECO" mode .

I always use the torque of the mHawk, which is ample at low revs. Moreover my return trip from home to office has nowadays is between 10-11pm, at which time there is thin traffic. This must have helped the FE cause.

Nevertheless this is just of academic interest (and to pacify my ego ). As GTO always says there is more to life, beyond FE and hence the TUV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks