Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2016, 22:35   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Good to see you are happy with service and performance. BTW whats Maxi care products of 533 in invoice?
Thank you ezee. I was very nervous after leaving the car at workshop and returning home, but after taking the delivery post service I am really very happy and touchwood, I haven't faced any major issues till date. Hope it continues like this for years together.

Even I was wondering about the "Maxi care products" part of the invoice. Now I realize after the car wash, 2-3 people apply various types of 3M sprays on door hinges, battery terminals, tyre polishing etc. It could be probably this that has been charged in the invoice.
Old 30th July 2016, 22:47   #242
BHPian

Yes i was doubtful about that only because these are the known tricks how service center dupe us in the name of these sprays and additives.

This is absolutely not acceptable in the name of free service, that they can't even apply grease and polish free of charge.

Very bad.... mention this in feedback asked by Mahindra
Old 31st July 2016, 15:34   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i was doubtful about that only because these are the known tricks how service center dupe us in the name of these sprays and additives.

This is absolutely not acceptable in the name of free service, that they can't even apply grease and polish free of charge.

Very bad.... mention this in feedback asked by Mahindra
Mate I understand where you are coming from. However I won't go that far in calling it trick or duping customer. The whole vacuuming, washing, greasing, applying spray etc exercise takes easily over one hour. Though a major part of this is the labor, there are consumables involved in it like the washing liquid, grease, anti-rust coating on battery terminals, tyre polish etc. This is branded 3M stuff & would come under the consumable item s and the customer will have to pay for it as only the labor part is free in the first three free services. That said I do agree that it won't cost even half if what I paid if done a DIY exercise. I don't mind paying that bit extra if the work is done to my satisfaction, which was indeed the case., Feedback, yes I will provide that if I am given an opportunity.

On a side note, today I had some time at my disposal and cleaned the car myself, keeping back all the things in place that I had taken out for giving the car to service centre. After that did a thorough polishing session for 2 hours and post which I made my Oragne Tank pose for a photo shoot near my house. Enjoy some pics.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5893.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5889.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5895.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5890.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5892.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn5888.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:30   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to see you are happy with service and performance. BTW whats Maxi care products of 533 in invoice?
Today morning I received a call from the customer care exec of the service center asking me for my feedback on service. I told her that service was satisfactory but needed clarification on the MAXICARE PRODUCTS part of the invoice where I was charged Rs 533/-. The lady told me that she will inform the service advisor and and ask him to call me back with the clarification. In the afternoon I received call from my service advisor and he asked me if there were any issues with the service. I told him about the MAXICARE PRODUCTS. As expected he told me that post washing grease is applied to various hinges, anti-rust spray on battery terminals and other polishes/sprays. These are 3M products and are being charged under MAXICARE PRODUCTS heading. He also informed me that my extended warranty certificate would arrive in a day or two & I will be informed once it arrives. I asked him about the lowered idling rpm and the reason was the EMS sofware flashing. He said that due to customer feedback some changes were made in the software and that resulted in lowering the idling rpm. Now if that results in improved mileage by at least 1 kmpl, I really don't mind it.

Edit: Post service I have driven the tank for 160+ kms and the engine knocking has not resurfaced yet (touchwood), hope it stays that way. Seems the EMS software flashing has served its purpose.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 3rd August 2016 at 22:37.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:43   #245
Senior - BHPian

Today morning got the first puncture in my Orange Tank (@ 10.5K kms) . It happened like this. Yesterday while leaving office (@ 08:45pm), as soon as I got on the road (with my front windows rolled down for fresh air), I started hearing "kat-kat-kat" sound. I got an inkling that something was wrong on the left hand side of the car as sound was coming from that side. After finding a safe spot on the road, I stopped there, put the hazard lights ON. Got down from the car and inspected the front left tyre in the torch light of my mobile. Immediately spotted this nasty little culprit, a screw with a washer had pierced the tyre, bang in between the two treads. With my swiss knife handy, it was easy to pull it out by plucking it at the washer. But as soon as it started coming out I could hear hissing sound of air, clearly indicating that the inner wall of the tyre had been ruptured. I didn't want to do a tyre change in the middle of the road and thought that if I would let it remain in its position I can at least reach my home and search for a tyre puncture shop there. So with a speed of 60-70 kmph I reached home safely. Unfortunately both the tyre shops near my house were closed (it being 09:45pm). I left the car as is in my apartment parking and decided to take it to the tyre shop in morning.

So today morning before taking it to the tyre shop I first checked the air pressure and there was hardly any drop, it was around 34 psi. The shop fellow prepared the wick, pulled out the screw with a plier and plugged the puncture, in 5 mins flat. Paid him Rs 80/- and he mentioned that it was a wise decision on my part not to remove the screw . I asked him if this could be an act of sabotage, to which he plainly refused. Since the screw had a big head, complimented by a washed it could easily stood upright with its head down or even if it was lying flat the tyre would have first touched the washed, which would have made the screw stand up and then pierced the tyre. When I reached the office, I asked the parking attendant if this screw had come loose somewhere from the automated parking platforms. He too negated the possibility as all the joints had nuts & bolts and not screws. So the act of sabotage was ruled out & I have reasons to believe the tyre shop guy and parking attendant.

Anyway, since I have to do the tyre rotation after purchasing an alloy wheel, I will put this punctured tyre as a spare wheel.

The culprit is spotted
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160809_094130.jpg

The screw removed and wick ready to be inserted
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160809_094241.jpg

Culprit on my hand standing erect
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160809_094258.jpg

Culprit on my hand lying flat
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160809_094306.jpg
Old 28th August 2016, 21:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

On Friday while I was returning home from office the odo reached the magical figure of "11,111". Wish I could stop by the roadside to take some good pictures. However it was peak traffic and I could stop on the road. So took some snaps while the car was in motion, so kindly bear with me for the poor picture quality
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-img_20160826_185532.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 28th August 2016 at 21:54.
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 08:11   #247
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I did a tankful to beat the anticipated 1st Sep price hike and indeed I was very lucky. The diesel prices were hiked by Rs 2.70 to a litre, so I could be rich by Rs 109.22. My Orange tank gulped 40.45 litres of diesel and it had run 566 kms from last tankful, thus giving a fuel efficiency of 13.99 kmpl. All the driving has been home-office-home with some weekend errands (i.e. 100% within city) and 100% AC usage. Not that bad for a 1.6 tonner .

I have now got a good hang of how to drive the tank in the city making optimum usage of its low end grunt. I hardly ever cross 2.5K rpm in city in any of the gears. Also I upshift at the earliest possible opportunity. While in traffic I hardly give any accelerator input as car can easily coast in 2nd, 3rd & 4th gear.

Driving a compact SUV in city traffic has never been so easy.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 1st September 2016 at 08:12.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 08:37   #248
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i.e. 7th Sep 2016, my Orange Tank completed 10 months of its existence with me. The odo is ticking very lazily, its just @ 11.5K kms. Only couple of outstation trips so far. My prediction of 80:20 (city:highway) use has come true and the tank has been wandering in the city itself for most of the times.

Will publish a comprehensive report two months down the line when it will be celebrating its first anniversary.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 8th September 2016 at 08:39.
Old 8th September 2016, 12:46   #249
Senior - BHPian

Yday I noted that AC/ ACE ECO / CIRCULATION lights remain 'ON' in my car, even after switching off the ignition. However they go off if done manually.
Pls let me know if this is normal or there is some issue with them.
Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn4723.jpg
Pic courtesy Post 15 of this thread :-)

Regards-Sonu
Old 8th September 2016, 13:25   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Yday I noted that AC/ ACE ECO / CIRCULATION lights remain 'ON' in my car, even after switching off the ignition. However they go off if done manually.
Pls let me know if this is normal or there is some issue with them.
This is a normal behaviour and same in my car as well. when you switch the ignition and remove the key, you get a message on the head unit screen that the battery power will remain "ON" for one hour even after ignition key is removed. That could be the reason why the AC/ ACE ECO / CIRCULATION lights remain 'ON'. So nothing to worry.
Old 20th September 2016, 10:59   #251
Senior - BHPian

Today I did a tankful while coming to office at my regular Shell bunk. My orange Tank gulped in 45.5 litres of diesel and had covered 606 kms since last tankful, giving a fuel efficiency figure of 13.32 kmpl. This is marginally on the lower side, primarily because during office commutes I am always stuck in a jam on the Harris Bridge for 15-20 minutes. Moreover for the last 2-3 weekends my tank did umpteen short drives of 3-4 kms each. The highest number being on last Sunday. It did 7 seven short distance trips totaling to 34kms. Short trips like these do take a toll on mileage. God knows when my tank will get a chance to stretch its legs.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 20th September 2016 at 11:00.
Old 9th October 2016, 20:16   #252
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I did a tankful, not from my regular Shell bunk this time, but HP bunk. My orange Tank gulped in 45.72 litres of diesel and had covered 681 kms since last tankful, giving a fuel efficiency figure of 14.9 kmpl. Actually after the auto cut-off the attendant poured in around half a litre of diesel to get the round figure of Rs 2600/-. The tank could have taken around 1.5 to 2 litres more and FE could have been around 14.5. Nevertheless last weekend I had a 90km round trip to Malavali on old NH4 and this could have probably helped improve the FE figure.

Two days from now, my Orange Tank will be celebrating its first Dassera, hence today afternoon spent two hours wax polishing the tank and bringing back the wet glossy look. Also looking for various insurance options as my existing insurance will be expiring on 5th Nov. The best quote I got was from TATA AIG (through PolicyBazaar.com) is for 14K (Zero Dep), IDV being 7.68 lacs & 50% NCB. I am planning to get the 50% NCB Certficate for my Indica, which I can use for this insurance.
Old 11th October 2016, 11:27   #253
Senior - BHPian

My Orange Tank is celebrating its first Dassera today. So today morning did the ritual of cleaning the tank, offered it a garland and did the pooja. My kid was in a good mood to pose in front of the tank. Here are some pics.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6073.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6067.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6070.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6069.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 17:41   #254
Senior - BHPian

It's been a while since I posted on my ownership thread. Nothing major to report. Only thing worth mentioning is that my Orange Tank is nearing its first anniversary. Yes, on 07-Nov-2016 it will be completing one year with me. Will pen down my experience for the last one year in another post, odo is ticking very slowly, just crossed the 13K mark. For the time being for its anniversary celebrations I bought the TBHP stickers and today adorned my tank with these stickers. Here are some snaps.

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6101.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6102.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6103.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6104.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6105.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6106.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6107.jpg

Orange Tank to conquer the road - Mahindra TUV3OO owner's perspective-dscn6109.jpg

Another thing that I would like to share is that I renewed my insurance, shifted from ICICI Lombard to TATA AIG. Total premium has come to Rs 18,230/- Did it online from TATA AIG website. This zero dep insurance premium has come for an IDV of Rs 7.65 lacs and an NCB of 25%. With 50% NCB the premium was coming to around 14.1K. I am planning to get the NCB from my old car transferred. Once I get the NCB certificate and produce it in the TATA AIG office, I can claim a refund of the difference amount between 50% NCB & 25% NCB (i.e. I will be issued a cheque of Rs 4.1K).

Yesterday I did a tankful to beat the anticipated 1st Nov price hike. My Orange tank gulped 45.55 litres of diesel and it had run 626 kms from last tankful, thus giving a fuel efficiency of 13.74 kmpl. All the driving has been between home-office-home.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th October 2016 at 17:43.
Old 29th October 2016, 17:57   #255
BHPian

I had installed the same carrier but it had a support bracket which was clamped to top portion of door area.
Currently the carrier had been removed as no long drive on mind :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks