Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2016, 22:02   #121

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Hi Girish,
Your sweet story made me go to a Honda dealer this weekend to checkout the Jazz V CVT. I was impressed with the test drive & now am really in a dilemma - "to buy" or "not to buy". I own a 7.5 year old i10 sportz...i was planning to use it for another year or so. It has served me well so far & I have used it for about 90K kms, mostly in Mumbai & occasional Pune runs. My next buy was most likely an Elite i20 manual but you have now skewed the things. I have brought the Jazz brochure home & kept it in full visibility of all stakeholders (wife & daughters)....they have thrown few glances at it (looked but don't care types) but full scale debate looks imminent. Will give an update soon.
kiransg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 12:53   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiransg View Post
Hi Girish,
Your sweet story made me go to a Honda dealer this weekend to checkout the Jazz V CVT. I was impressed with the test drive & now am really in a dilemma - "to buy" or "not to buy". I own a 7.5 year old i10 sportz
Jazz is a much safer, better car than the i10. I used to own one and had a lot of problems with it. I would suggest if you are in the market for a new car to check out the Jazz V CVT and go for that car. The extra space and peace of mind will be well worth it.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 13:12   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Girish,
Your sweet story made me go to a Honda dealer this weekend to checkout the Jazz V CVT. I was impressed with the test drive & now am really in a dilemma - "to buy" or "not to buy". I own a 7.5 year old i10 sportz...i was planning to use it for another year or so. It has served me well so far & I have used it for about 90K kms, mostly in Mumbai & occasional Pune runs. My next buy was most likely an Elite i20 manual but you have now skewed the things. I have brought the Jazz brochure home & kept it in full visibility of all stakeholders (wife & daughters)....they have thrown few glances at it (looked but don't care types) but full scale debate looks imminent. Will give an update soon.
Dear kiransg,

Thank you for the nice words.

There is no such thing as an 'ideal' car!

If you notice - in my writeup, I have found positives in many models and negatives in Jazz. However, it was all a question of what I 'specifically' want and what my priorities are.

If you are willing to write down what you are looking for in a car, I might be able to guide you in deciding whether Jazz will fit the bill or not!

Just my 2 bits - buy an automatic - this is the right time. The rest depends on your priorities.

If you are not clear about what you want, then just jump in and take a Jazz V CVT!

If you feel the need or if you feel it will help, then feel free to call me on my mobile. I can PM my number to you.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 21:59   #124

Sir,
Based on the inspiration from you I also booked a Jazz V CVT. I too owned a 2005 City Zx (iDSI) and continue to own it - though my wife driving it for the past few years.

Planning to opt for floor mats, mud flaps, reverse camera and foot lights as
Honda Genuine accessories. Rest I will look outisde.

Sir: I have one question. How does the Honda Armrest compare to the Aliexpress
arm rest that members are using interms of quality and usability?

Test drove the following petrol automatic cars before zeroing on Jazz.
- Ecosport AT (discarded due to narrow front seats and bumpy back seat)
- Polo GT TSI (family did not like the back seat space)
- Duster AMT (family liked the backseat a lot; but I could not bear the gear jerks)
- Creta (too costly for my need and wife felt motion sickness in back seat)
- Baleno Zeta CVT (6 months waiting period quoted)

With this booking I will be looking for a new owner for my excellent and peppy
2012 A-star Zxi(o) done only 23k km. Sad to let it go; but with worn out knees due
to aging and with mild left shoulder arthetis I cannot drive the Manual car any more
especially with bad traffic on Bangalore outer ring road
Old 15th September 2016, 19:10   #125

Quote:
If you feel the need or if you feel it will help, then feel free to call me on my mobile. I can PM my number to you.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Sir, Pls PM me your contact#, thanks in advance. I plan to buy the car from Pune.
Old 15th September 2016, 19:41   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsatish View Post
Sir,
Based on the inspiration from you I also booked a Jazz V CVT. I too owned a 2005 City Zx (iDSI) and continue to own it - though my wife driving it for the past few years.

Planning to opt for floor mats, mud flaps, reverse camera and foot lights as
Honda Genuine accessories. Rest I will look outisde.

Sir: I have one question. How does the Honda Armrest compare to the Aliexpress
arm rest that members are using interms of quality and usability?

Test drove the following petrol automatic cars before zeroing on Jazz.
- Ecosport AT (discarded due to narrow front seats and bumpy back seat)
- Polo GT TSI (family did not like the back seat space)
- Duster AMT (family liked the backseat a lot; but I could not bear the gear jerks)
- Creta (too costly for my need and wife felt motion sickness in back seat)
- Baleno Zeta CVT (6 months waiting period quoted)

With this booking I will be looking for a new owner for my excellent and peppy
2012 A-star Zxi(o) done only 23k km. Sad to let it go; but with worn out knees due
to aging and with mild left shoulder arthetis I cannot drive the Manual car any more
especially with bad traffic on Bangalore outer ring road
Dear vsatish,

I am happy that I 'inspired' you!

I only got to see the images of the aliexpress armrest. So, comparison is hard. However, I found the original one to be very VFM - it better be at 16k!

Looks like you did quite a bit of 'homework' before your decision - which will definitely pay off when you use your Jazz for a long time.

I know how you must be feeling selling your A-Star. Just yesterday, I sold my 2011 WagonR to get a new Scorpio!

Personally, I am able to drive manual cars in traffic quite comfortably. However, compared to a few years back, I can definitely feel my 'stamina' reducing. So, now I recommend only automatic cars to one and all!

Quote:
Sir, Pls PM me your contact#, thanks in advance. I plan to buy the car from Pune.
Dear kiransg,

I will PM my contact number to you.

Edit: It appears that your account is not able to receive messages. Could you try sending a PM with your number? I will send my number to that.

Girish Mahajan

Last edited by GKMahajan : 15th September 2016 at 19:48.
Old 16th September 2016, 19:37   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Girish,
Dear Kiran,

As Mahanjan sir has rightly pointed out, Jazz will mostly miss out in some features when compared with the i20's and baleno's. Any car that you take for that matter.

You can go through my write up in the ownership report.

It wins hands down in space and fuel efficiency.This is my opinion.

I did a trip to Sringeri from Bangalore. This is 60 % 4 way highway with occasional speed breakers and 40 % ghats road with inclination.

Below is the testimony of the fuel efficiency that i extracted from my car. Please note that there were 5 adults and a 4 year old kid in my car with full luggage. Ac was on 100%. did not even open the windows in the ghats section.

My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-img_1948.jpg
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 23:52   #128
BHPian

I'm chasing Dakshin Honda guys for a TD of the CVT variant. Can Blore members please help with latest quote/offers/tips?
Old 15th October 2016, 13:27   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
I'm chasing Dakshin Honda guys for a TD of the CVT variant. Can Blore members please help with latest quote/offers/tips?
Their reply when I asked for CVT test drive was ultimate "sir, we do not have CVT you can test drive Jazz diesel manual instead"
Old 15th October 2016, 18:08   #130
BHPian

Quote:
I am not allowed to PM you (bcoz am a fresher!)...but I have made live the option to receive PMs.
Dear kiransg,
I am sorry - somehow -I missed this post. Let me try to PM you ....

Girish Mahajan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Their reply when I asked for CVT test drive was ultimate "sir, we do not have CVT you can test drive Jazz diesel manual instead"
Dear prashkul/Latheesh,

LOL!! I found that even though there are multiple Honda showrooms - only one of them keeps a CVT!

Also -- Please - pleeeease - do not compare the diesel MT with the petrol CVT!

However, to come to the point - you can do what I did - got a TD from Mumbai and did the purchase from Pune - what I mean is that - even if it is hard to get a TD - do not get discouraged - keep trying till you get it. The CVT is totally worth it! Then, buy it from the best dealer/showroom. Anyway, the dealer does not make the car!!

Girish Mahajan
Old 17th October 2016, 05:06   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
LOL...Just to share what happened further in my case...I got a couple of follow-up calls.
First was from some call center agent asking for feedback on the Sales experience. I suggested her to check with the 'consultant' before calling customer.
Second call was from the Dakshin Honda sales 'consultant' himself, asking for my decision!! When I reminded him that I'm still waiting for TD, he changes gears as smoothly as the CVT itself, and says he called precisely for an update on that. To this day, I'm still waiting for an appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
LOL!! I found that even though there are multiple Honda showrooms - only one of them keeps a CVT!

Also -- Please - pleeeease - do not compare the diesel MT with the petrol CVT!
Girish Mahajan
Exactly Girish. The CVT TD vehicle apparently splits it's duties between Lavelle Road showroom and Hosur road showroom. Haven't heard back since on when it can be made available for my TD. Anyways, I'll be calling up Magnum Honda on Kanakapura road next to try my luck there. I have owned petrol automatics for quite a few years elsewhere, although they were much bigger cars. On the other hand, I have only rented a diesel on couple of occasions (in India) and never owned one. I'm very clear on choice of petrol, and your (& other Jazz CVT) ownership reports are helpful for guidance.

Last edited by prashkul : 17th October 2016 at 05:22.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 12:39   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly Girish. The CVT TD vehicle apparently splits it's duties between Lavelle Road showroom and Hosur road showroom. Haven't heard back since on when it can be made available for my TD. Anyways, I'll be calling up Magnum Honda on Kanakapura road next to try my luck there. I have owned petrol automatics for quite a few years elsewhere, although they were much bigger cars. On the other hand, I have only rented a diesel on couple of occasions (in India) and never owned one. I'm very clear on choice of petrol, and your (& other Jazz CVT) ownership reports are helpful for guidance.
Dear prashkul,

Best of luck on your TD.

My two bits (again): do not give up on the TD. Honda dealers may not be interested in investing in a TD car - but you should be interested in a TD!! After one year of ownership - I can re-iterate : it is totally worth it!

Girish Mahajan
Old 18th October 2016, 10:07   #133

Hello Prashkul
I recently purchased Jazz V CVT from White field Honda. They have a CVT test drive vehicle all the time.

You may find my purchase decision @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post4059116

and my driving experience @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4075691
vsatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 14:48   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Dear prashkul,

Did you get your TD? I am extremely curious.

If you have got your TD, what is your feedback?

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 21st October 2016, 11:28   #135

Hi, I just took delivery of the Jazz V CVT. No discounts but I asked for the armrest to which they agreed (Solitaire Honda, Andheri). Now, on delivery (they came with the part a day later), I noticed the armrest is not the same as the one in the official accessories list/ Mr GK Mahajan's one from the photos. It looks like an after market piece. I am meeting them today but they seem to be adamant that this is what was going to be given to me. I expected the normal official accessory!?
Does the official accessory say Honda anywhere? Does any one have more images? Will see what they have to say today before escalating the issue.
P.s.- I did not pay for the accessory, It was kinda like a discount...but still.
I could have bought this off aliexpress / milind subway and gotten something else instead.
Is this worth making an issue of?
Attached Thumbnails
My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-arm-rest-1.jpg  

My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-arm-rest-2.jpg  

My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)-arm-rest-3.jpg  

Sandyboy101 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks