Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:56   #166
BHPian

Re: Chapter 4: Modifications | Performance - Loving your Lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Since I was too eager and running around all over the place, the rest of the members decided to let my car get the remap first.

One gentlemen said he saw something like an ECU . So we moved out the wipers, the plastic slits between the Bonnet and the Windshield to find this neatly tucked in.

Quote:
I went with the Generic tune Code 6 had on offer (145 HP / 380 Nm). Of course these numbers mean nothing to me, since I go by real time drivability and tested timings more than generic peak figures. Nevertheless, I am stating these numbers just to give you guys an idea of comparo when we put her on the Dyno soon.
Always a good start. Remember 380 is much more than the stock Jetta and I am sure it is worth the time and effort. This is the single most thing I now miss with my purchase. If I had bought the 1.6, I'd still have got her remapped. But under the current circumstances and my needs, I am happy with the map I have currently.

Quote:
But Sajan displayed, superb diligence, patience (I talk like a chatter box when I am anxious) in getting this chip fixed. With nervous hands and shaking limbs, we connected the ECU back, Connected the battery. I told my friend to start it as I was too shaky! The Start-Stop button, and his finger coming together in slow motion, in one swift click, he pressed, clack—tuk--chk--Brrrrrrrrrr, the engine roared. Whoa ! I left the breath !
I had a small hiccup post the remap. The car failed to start with the immobilizer codes going out of sync, but Sajan was as cool as a cucumber and fixed it immediately. He & Anoop are thorough professionals.

Quote:
I took her out for a short spin, the car surely felt more powerful, especially between 1600-3000 rpm. I liked the Third gear, which due to the improved low end response, almost acts like a Booster button. Slot in third and plunge your feet, oooff it is hard to describe acceleration, how does one explain acceleration?
So I guess you improved the low end torque delivery? It was awfully painful in stock map. But still, I think 1600 - 3000 is not enough. You will easily hit the 3000 RPM and if it's not generating much output beyond that, then it could be tricky during some overtaking attempts. Mine revs well upto 5000 RPM now.

Also did Sajan do a EGR soft delete?

Last edited by sudeepg : 22nd February 2016 at 19:58.
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:59   #167
Senior - BHPian

re: Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Boy you really have your way with words Mi10 and looks like you have skipped your heart (beat) and meandered around your mind to get this.
Hey, thanks a lot for the generous compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
But why a remap on a DDIS 320 with less than 2k on the ODO

Are you already "Bored" of that stonking performance on tap or is it like you did not want to experience anything else but a remap? Either ways, I think we may just be looking at or reading about the fastest S-Cross on the forum soon.
Why Remap a DDIS 320. I should admit that it is a genuinely good question. why, because, i am unable to give a convincing answer

Jokes apart,
I think it is more from a mind perspective. When you know that a remap can exploit further improvements of power and drive-ability, you simply cannot stay away from it, whatever the car is. Also, the risk-reward equation too plays its card. If i had a 320D instead of a DDIS320, i would have thought 5 times before taking up a remap - because of the associated costs in case things turn awry!

Secondly, i feel the car has lot more potential than the stock tuning - not necessarily in peak numbers, i am telling about the overall driving experience, the Turbo lag, the in gear acceleration, the top end performance and all that.

The BHP and Torque graph is what is more meaningful than stated peak numbers. Hope i am clear enough (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
The Facebook page of code 6 says,
SCross stage1 tunes are available now. 118/255 for the 1.3 and 150/395 for the 1.6.

Just wonder how much it will cost

girish
Yet to get my bills, i will share the costing post that.
Mi10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:32   #168
BHPian

Why doesn't Suzuki map it the way CODE6 does. Does it badly affect the efficiency or maybe the life of the engine?
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:02   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Why doesn't Suzuki map it the way CODE6 does. Does it badly affect the efficiency or maybe the life of the engine?
Manufacturers always provide lesser power than the safety limit of a engine considering warranty claims, irregular service intervals, emission norms etc. A remap helps in exploiting that reserve power.
Cheers
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 15:58   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am sure it is worth the time and effort
Quote:
Secondly, i feel the car has lot more potential than the stock tuning
Gentlemen - can you please share the RPM figures at 100 & 120 kmph post remap?

I have been thinking about a remap for my tank and primary reason for that is to make it a little more free revving after 2750 RPM. In the current state of tune, after 3K RPM the power delivery is almost zero. Not sure if a remap will help.

Also do share Sajan's number. Will talk to him and get more information.

Last edited by procrj : 23rd February 2016 at 15:59.
Old 23rd February 2016, 17:12   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

but Sajan was as cool as a cucumber and fixed it immediately. He & Anoop are thorough professionals.

So I guess you improved the low end torque delivery? It was awfully painful in stock map. But still, I think 1600 - 3000 is not enough. You will easily hit the 3000 RPM and if it's not generating much output beyond that, then it could be tricky during some overtaking attempts. Mine revs well upto 5000 RPM now.
Yes Both of them know their stuff pretty well.

The Low end Torque had driveability has improved quite a bit. However, the power after 3.5k is not up to my taste, hence that will be one of the action items to address in the next iteration.

One advantage of a 6 speed GB is that even at lower RPM's you can maintain a pretty fast cruising speed.

Quote:
Also did Sajan do a EGR soft delete?
EGR was off in the tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Like Naren had mentioned, Factory spec cars usually have good leeway with tolerance limits of the engine. Remap tries to narrow that gap.
A Remap is not a single word, it is basically Re-Map. Which means you are rerouting the existing way of things in the map. Hence you can Re-map a car for more power, more mileage, better drive ability, better acceleration or top end etc.. Depending on what type of remap you choose (and the way you drive) it may positively or negatively affect fuel efficiency.

The Life of the Engine will be at higher risk than Stock map. However this can be negated by proactive maintenance and service schedule. Also, Remapped cars lower tolerance to differences in Fuel quality, Air Quality etc..hence it is always advisable to have a keen eye on your engine after remap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

I have been thinking about a remap for my tank and primary reason for that is to make it a little more free revving after 2750 RPM. In the current state of tune, after 3K RPM the power delivery is almost zero. Not sure if a remap will help.
The RPM figures will be the same as Stock. RPM to speed ratio is governed primarily by the gearbox. Unless you change the ratio's of the gear box, the RPM and Speed relations do not undergo any change.

However what happens is all in the third dimension - Time.
Suppose if a stock car does 0-100 in 11 Seconds (3rd Gear / 4000 RPM), A Good remap can make the car do the same 0-100 in 9.5 seconds (3rd Gear / 4000 RPM). There will be no change in the RPM

A Remap will certainly help you case, since you can work around the Boost as well as make the Torque curves extend either sides of the spectrum

Quote:
Also do share Sajan's number. Will talk to him and get more information.
Will PM you. You can also search Facebook for Code 6 tuning for their number.
Mi10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 20:38   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Shared in my ownership report, post 86
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3882906
Old 24th February 2016, 10:32   #173
BHPian

Hats off to you for taking the plunge with a new car, that too one with having plenty of performance on offer even in it's stock form!
I'd be keeping a keen eye on the developments on your thread even though I'm very happy with my 1.6's stock performance.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 12:58   #174
Senior - BHPian

Interlude | Naming the S-Cross

Day 84 (Tue, 23rd Feb 2016)

When we all are given names, but still there exists a Nick-name. We Name our pets, we name our Houses, some even we name plants! A Name is such an important aspect in one's life, for it is the more basic aspect of creating an 'Identity'

Most Auto Enthusiasts take care of their cars like a Pet. They attach, a soul, connect emotions and create psychic interactions as well. Some of them name it too. I like to name all my cars. It is because although there will be 1000's of S cross or Rapid that is plying in the roads everyday, we would want to create a unique identity to our cars - Because our cars have a unique place in our mind.

The Penguin is one such car that created a unique identity for itself, so much that any one who speaks to me about car, never even utters the word Rapid.

With such a legacy to uphold, i was quite confused on what to name the S-Cross. I usually like Offbeat names - because all your Blue Shark, Golden Eagle, White Horse, Tiger Balm, Honda Unicorn are too main stream for me.

Half this and Half that is what the S Cross is all about. Mermaid, Minotaur, Centaur, Liger, Sabertooth all were good analogy for a 'Cross'. But i personally found them bit boring. There was not surprise or weirdness in these names.

After nearly 45 days of deliberation and dilemma, i decided to throw open a contest in my Whatsapp group list of Car enthusiasts. Of course, being a contest it had to have a prize. So i Prize i offered was 1 Drink (of their choice) + 1 Chicken Biryani + 1 Lays packet (5 rupeers one)

Received close to 40+ Names. Names ranged from S** Cross to Albatross. Everything from Living things to Mythical creatures to Deities were thrown in.

There one entry which i was able to immediately connect. The one which gives a fair hint of the character of my S Cross, yet remaining in the realms of subtlety.

The Entry: Scarecrow

Scarecrow was very appealing to me - Something harmless, something that just supposed to give crows and birds a scare. Carries the body of a man, but stuffed with hays and pot. Simple isn't it.

Small children are often scared of Scarecrows - There are many stories involving scarecrows as a supernatural / scare element. However this particular Scarecrow is for scaring the Adults and not the children

Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!-img_2811_005.jpg
Aren't you scared yet ?

Cheers
Mi10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 13:27   #175
BHPian

Man, you sure have a way with words, Mi10! Right from the start of this thread, to this last post, its like we're reading a novel, watching new chapters unfold , with the S-Cross..err..Scarecrow, the star!

The S-Cross 1.6 in stock tune itself has ballistic pace! With a remap , its unimaginable, what this crossover is capable of!
Looking forward to the full story on the remap in the March issue of The Scarecrow Chronicles!

P.S : The name Scarecrow reminds me of the batman villain.
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 14:02   #176
Senior - BHPian

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Co-incidence in full throttle !

Apparently, my previous ride - The Penguin is also a villain in Batman series (Comics)
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 14:10   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Entry: Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Looks like you are a Batman fan Mi10 - First the penguin & then the Scarecrow Great name! Why not add a tagline?
"and at the end of fear.....oblivion" Source - Arkham Asylum
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 14:15   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you are a Batman fan Mi10 - First the penguin & then the Scarecrow Great name! Why not add a tagline?
"and at the end of fear.....oblivion" Source - Arkham Asylum
I can't be a 'Batman' Fan if i am naming all my car's with the name of Batman's Villains'

But actually, it is purely co-incidental. The Penguin was named that way since the Rapid was flaunting a complete Black and White theme inside out.

And your Scarecrow story, you already know now
Old 24th February 2016, 15:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can't be a 'Batman' Fan if i am naming all my car's with the name of Batman's Villains'

But actually, it is purely co-incidental. The Penguin was named that way since the Rapid was flaunting a complete Black and White theme inside out.

And your Scarecrow story, you already know now
I would have suggested you the name "PANDA" nevertheless Scarecrow is good name,subtle and mysterious.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 19:04   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Co-incidence in full throttle !

Apparently, my previous ride - The Penguin is also a villain in Batman series (Comics)
Oh right, how did I forget the Penguin! What a coincidence!

Although the Penguin seemed too docile a bird for your beastly Rapid, I feel.

Quote:
Hehe for all we know, you could be Bruce Wayne in disguise , judging from the mods you pull off on your cars
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks