Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 15:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chapter 1: Revamped Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
And it ain't XUV's fault - it is the S-Cross's fault (at pricing)
True. The S Cross in my City was pushing 17.55 lac on road. Even with the latest discounts from the company, it is still slightly over.

Not to be compared but Suzuki India killed the Kizashi in a similar way. A shade over 22 lac for a Suzuki! Yes; it was a cbu which would attract huge amounts of duties and whatever taxes associated. Then you had the one engine option which was a gas guzzling unit. A few bits and pieces taken from a Swift, even on their flagship model, was unacceptable. As a customer, one always looks around at options and the car was sitting right in Skoda's territory. In my opinion, the Skoda was a better built car and they had a engine that takes in cheaper fuel. Even the 5 lac discount did not help.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 15:23   #92
BHPian

Re: Interlude | A Stitch in time

Quote:
Day 43 (Wed, 14th Jan 2016)
I for sure knew it was to do something with either the tyres or alloys since the vibrations were only in the steering and not on Gear lever or pedals or anywhere else. I had a disturbed sleep owing to my anxiety.
Hi, Firsly congratulations on your new car, and Thank you for your Beautiful thread!
Did the vibration stop?, I should assume it did.

Last, Something I am almost scared to voice, did you try the car +140 km/h ?
I havnt said this out loud to myself yet, but it seems that I am getting the same steering vibration at about ~145 and above. Mine is the 1.6 Alpha and is on stock tyres and alloys, so I had attributed it to bad tyres, or wheel allignment issues, and didnt even bother to ask anyone about it, since I wanted to change the tyres anyway.

I have done ~ 3500 on the odo and no real bad bumps till date, plus I believe I have had this from day one..

Also, only the steering vibrates, the car ride is solid!

Wondering what to do and whether to ask the service guys at all? Will they fix it? Will I find something not right in the basic vehicle...? The car is sooo beautiful, I am scared that somebody will mess with it, specially the typical maruti staff, which was quite evident on the first service. No Nexa touch there..

Help Needed!!

Last edited by Pro-Idiot : 18th January 2016 at 15:36. Reason: did not mention odo reading..
Pro-Idiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 15:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
Hi, Firsly congratulations on your new car, and Thank you for your Beautiful thread!
Did the vibration stop?, I should assume it did.
Thank you!

Yes the Vibrations due to the incorrect PCD stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post

Last, Something I am almost scared to voice, did you try the car +140 km/h ?
I havnt said this out loud to myself yet, but it seems that I am getting the same steering vibration at about ~145 and above. Mine is the 1.6 Alpha and is on stock tyres and alloys, so I had attributed it to bad tyres, or wheel allignment issues, and didnt even bother to ask anyone about it, since I wanted to change the tyres anyway.

I have done ~ 3500 on the odo and no real bad bumps till date, plus I believe I have had this from day one..

Also, only the steering vibrates, the car ride is solid!

Wondering what to do and whether to ask the service guys at all? Will they fix it? Will I find something not right in the basic vehicle...? The car is sooo beautiful, I am scared that somebody will mess with it, specially the typical maruti staff, which was quite evident on the first service. No Nexa touch there..

Help Needed!!
I did some speed runs yesterday and yes there is some sort of vibrations that creep in high speed.

It is not a rattle, but it is a sort of a mild vibration that is felt only in Steering also, the entire car did sound a very noisy (however i think this is accentuated due to my tyres - Hankooks are noisy tyres)

So you are not alone. I will reconfirm after few more miles on my odo. I will do a deep dive on this issue when time permits.

Mod note: Post edited. Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th January 2016 at 16:08.
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 19:37   #94

re: Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!

Just Came across the news today evening on slashing the price of S-Cross DDiS 320 by 2.05 lakhs.

follow the link below:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-399702.aspx
Old 18th January 2016, 19:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi_wananchi View Post
Just Came across the news today evening on slashing the price of S-Cross DDiS 320 by 2.05 lakhs.

follow the link below:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-399702.aspx

Thanks, we are already having a detailed discussion below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-05-lakhs.html
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 20:17   #96
Senior - BHPian

Finally found an angle where the S Cross looks decent apart from the usual rear three quarter!

Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!-dsc_0495-copy2.jpg
Mi10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 20:32   #97
BHPian

Mi10: Great angle for the pic. Get a patent on this and enjoy royalty ;-) ...
Could you grab your prized possession at the better price?
SDee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 21:10   #98
BHPian

Wow! You managed to get something incredible from very dull frontal of this car.
Old 18th January 2016, 22:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I quickly understood that buying another hatch / sedan will not make sense, since both cars will face the same issue in case of flooding / water logging.
Just curious, did you ever consider a used BMW X1.
Would have come to around the same price.

Last edited by Hatari : 18th January 2016 at 22:48.
Old 19th January 2016, 13:36   #100
BHPian

Mi10: To solve steering vibrations at high speeds I suggest you use hub centric rings since you have alloy wheels on your car.

I too had the same issue but the hub centric rings solved it.

Here is a link that may help: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...oy-wheels.html

Quote:
Thank you!

Yes the Vibrations due to the incorrect PCD stopped.

I did some speed runs yesterday and yes there is some sort of vibrations that creep in high speed.

It is not a rattle, but it is a sort of a mild vibration that is felt only in Steering also, the entire car did sound a very noisy (however i think this is accentuated due to my tyres - Hankooks are noisy tyres)

So you are not alone. I will reconfirm after few more miles on my odo. I will do a deep dive on this issue when time permits.

Mod note: Post edited. Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.
Dolphin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 15:18   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Just curious, did you ever consider a used BMW X1.
Would have come to around the same price.
Unfortunately, my family is against pre-owned vehicles :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
Mi10: To solve steering vibrations at high speeds I suggest you use hub centric rings since you have alloy wheels on your car.
Thanks, today i did add the hub centric rings to my current Alloy. I will report back on this issue soon
Old 19th January 2016, 19:38   #102
Senior - BHPian

Incident | Scars of Innocence

Day 49 (Tue, 19th Jan 2016)

I dropped in the S Cross key in my Jean pocket. I was still in double mind, “Should I put in the hub Ring today or move that for tomorrow”. However, like most Auto related decisions, this one also took highest precedence.

In my last week’s visit for the Alloy change to Revenge, I did forget to get the hub ring / sleeve installed. Hence I travelled all the way to the shop to get it fitted.

There was too much traffic' – but nowadays, every major city boasts of too much traffic, that the phrase itself sounds so passe’

Nevertheless, a cautions, conscious and confident driver that I am, navigated through the Chennai city to reach the shop without any drama. The Shop was already holding couple of cars and hence, I parked my Cross just outside. Went in and asked for the rings. While on it, was also oozing lot of saliva on the alloys on display. Yes! You could ask me “You were already there last week, didn’t you see those alloys
Oh yes I did. We all had dinner last night, Do we shun away for today?

Anyhow, after few minutes, one car moved out, and I went back to get my car in. And, I see this .. :(

Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!-imag2640.jpg

Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!-imag2643.jpg

Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!-imag2642.jpg

For no fault of mine, i had to bear this! Lots of my friends and fellow enthusiasts told me about the Evil eye. The Maleficent, Obnoxious and the horrendous Evil eye. But, tell me guys, is my S cross so good looking to attract evil eyes? I really doubt.

People around me sympathized, but I don’t need sympathy! I just need a good ‘pain’ter!

Do you believe in Evil eyes ?
  • Yes, I staunchly believe
  • No, please! We are in 2016
  • I don’t know, and I don’t care, I just feel sad

You take on Scratches ?
  • Cant sleep till I get it repaired
  • Don’t waste time fretting about it
  • Repair / Don’t repair decision based on Scratch severity and current Liquidity
Old 19th January 2016, 21:34   #103
BHPian

I do believe in evil eye. When we bought a tata sumo about 20 years back the day we were to take delivery some rod fell on the bonnet and there was a major scratch .. We still took delivery with the scratch to ward off evil eye. This just could be a blessing in disguise. We got it fixed after 15 days.

Scratches . normally I would say get it fixed as soon as possible. But you can keep it for a couple of weeks if you believe in the above theory and then get it fixed. Let a few people tell you how unlucky you are to get a scratch on your new car
DevSoms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 21:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Re: Incident | Scars of Innocence

Quote:

Day 49 (Tue, 19th Jan 2016)

Anyhow, after few minutes, one car moved out, and I went back to get my car in. And, I see this .. :(
Hey Mi10, sympathies on this unwanted update on your stead.

Any idea how this happened in the first place? I mean is it possible that you did not notice this while taking your car out?

More importantly, I don't know if its the angle of the pic but its looks like the sheet metal has been cut through cleanly

Is it really that or am I imagining stuff here?

Last edited by Vik0728 : 19th January 2016 at 22:00.
Old 19th January 2016, 22:34   #105
BHPian

Wow...wow...wow...excellent review Mi10. Kudos for compiling your experience with your new stead in such detail. A review spanning over 41 days is no small task and it shows your enthusiasm as a motorist.

I'm really sorry about your flooded Penguin. I hope you and all your family made it safely through the floods. I too am in Chennai and experienced those horrid times, although the flooding was not that severe in my area.

Wishing many happy miles...!!!
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed