Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chapter 4: Modifications | Aesthetics - Eyes of Aggression

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Yes indeed, and in your case the eyes are pretty striking too. By the way your scarecrow has really nice shoes as well. In case you are wondering, I was the one driving the black TUV in front of you this evening just as you were passing through the Radial road from Pallavaram to OMR. I guess you passed me just as we were crossing the Shell Petrol Bunk. I rolled down to wave, but you zipped past before that.
And as a fellow BHPian may I request you to remove the seat plastic wraps, I have read some unconfirmed reports that these seat wraps emit toxic fumes when parked under the sun for long due to the high temperatures inside the car and this poses health hazard.

Happy driving! Cheers!
Oh Yes! I remember the Black TUV T8 i guess! I did notice it since it was gleaming even in that poor lit road!

Sorry about not noticing, was keen to get home to catch the Pak innings (T20 WC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
And as a fellow BHPian may I request you to remove the seat plastic wraps, I have read some unconfirmed reports that these seat wraps emit toxic fumes when parked under the sun for long due to the high temperatures inside the car and this poses health hazard.

Thanks for this. I will remove this very soon, Seat covers is pending for a long time! Hopefully will get this done in another 3-4 days

Guess, the Scarecrow is turning heads (Something that the Penguin did - so consistently). Apart from Random PM's i get on Sighting of the Scarecrow, i was stopped on couple of occasions on the road by T-BHP'ians for a quick catch up.
Gowtham (Duke 390) and Anand (Ertiga) Nice meeting you guys
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 10:30   #212
BHPian

re: Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!

Hello Mi10- If Scarecrows are meant to scare your machine isn't doing a good job. It is attracting a lot of attention on the contrary.

As I have read in your thread, you have upsized to 17" and 225/50 R17 tyres. I am also planning to get the same configuration (Lenzo Venom 17" and Michelin tyres). Can you help me with the below?
1. Does the tyre foul the wheel well at any time?
2. Do you know the offset of your alloys?
3. Did you get a hub ring fitted?
4. It seems that the tyres juts out of the wheel well. Does it cause road noise at 3 digit speed?
5. Would you know the alloy width?
Old 29th March 2016, 12:01   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
. Can you help me with the below?
1. Does the tyre foul the wheel well at any time?
2. Do you know the offset of your alloys?
3. Did you get a hub ring fitted?
4. It seems that the tyres juts out of the wheel well. Does it cause road noise at 3 digit speed?
5. Would you know the alloy width?
1. No it doesn't. Tried with Full load too!
2 & 5. PCD: 114.3 x 5, 7J, ET=42
3. Yes, Hub ring was fitted. Else you will experience Adualtions in high speed
4. Road noise is caused by nature of Tyre compound than tyre jutting out. Also the S Cross is pretty average when it comes to Noise insulation! If you priority is less road noise, opt for silent tyres like Michelin and Conti . The Hankooks are a noisy lot. There is good amount of noise post 3 digit speeds. Most unidirectional / Dry Performance Tyres will be noisy.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:33   #214
BHPian

Mi10
Your Car looks really cool.

BTW, the car number plates font is really nice,
Its not the typical IND HSRP plates font.

How much did it cost, & where is it available
Old 3rd April 2016, 11:03   #215
BHPian

Since last evening i have been contemplating getting rid of my 5 year old Safari and getting a 1.6 scross. This thread is helping me apleny! never driven one..but i guess its a rocket and will fit my needs.
I like wheels with a prominent lip and the tyres to jut out a bit. Would you recommend any 17 inch alloys that fit this bill please? Also what are hub rings?
Old 4th April 2016, 12:08   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Mi10
Your Car looks really cool.

BTW, the car number plates font is really nice,
Its not the typical IND HSRP plates font.

How much did it cost, & where is it available
Thanks. One of my Friends helped me source it. These are locally called as German number plates.
Paid around 800 for a pair. Not sure where he sourced from, but i am guessing it should be available in most accessory shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Since last evening i have been contemplating getting rid of my 5 year old Safari and getting a 1.6 scross. This thread is helping me apleny! never driven one..but i guess its a rocket and will fit my needs.
I like wheels with a prominent lip and the tyres to jut out a bit. Would you recommend any 17 inch alloys that fit this bill please? Also what are hub rings?
The S Cross 1.6 is surely to fit your bill. Maynot be a Rocket, but surely something that can fly low

Even the 16" Rims and 225 section tyres would make a nice stance for this car. 17" Just gives that big car impression. If you can source 17" Creta or Honda CRV / Accord wheels go with it. from After market stand point, Momo, Lenso seem to be ok for the price.

Cheers
Old 4th April 2016, 13:29   #217
BHPian

Have been following your thread religiously.
Have a query.
breezydrive, in a post in the official s-cross review (post no. 3825), has said about the steering becoming vague after 130 kmph in 320ddis. Is that the case?
Old 17th April 2016, 08:20   #218

I have been driving the 1.6 for about 3 weeks now, crossed 1200 km mark yesterday. The car is very very impressive and powerful to drive, if you drive by the rules of a diesel car. If you drive it like a petrol car, turbo lag will be evident.

I have upgrade the tyre and wheel to a Lenso 16" alloy and Conti MC5. The combination looks very pleasant and extremely silent. But it also gives a balloony effect at high speed. So I would state @ high speeds, the steering does look a little vague and it does not feel like a heavy vehicle (eg: Punto)
Old 23rd April 2016, 20:42   #219
BHPian

Re: Interlude | A Stitch in time

Attachment 1460329
The Matt Anthracite is has a Deep Grey hue which does compliment lighter shades

End of the day, I chose safety over looks; and i am more relived now.[/quote]

Hey, very interesting and gripping review even though I have not mentioned earlier. Love the stance of the car with the new rubber. It has given it an impressive overall look compared to the stock. Sad about your earlier ride.
Before the car arrives I would like to get queries addressed so that I can have the changes done on the first day or maybe second day itself (Still under parental review of the purchase )
My query is: Could you let me know the downside of having the 225/50 R17 upgrade versus stock? Will it cause any hindrance to the wheel arch if the car is at full capacity? Also, would the tyres touch the inner well while turning?
Also, does the tyre change cause any problems with the service, FE (for sure but what would be the difference approx) Newbie
I preferred the XM2 on my Swift, however, could you advise about them on the S-Cross? Why 225/50/R17 and not 215/55R17? And what were the costs and buyback?
Mostly city travelling (Mumbai) with the occasional long drive. Do suggest what would be better.

I also want to pick the same set of alloys from Sai Mag but not sure of ordering online.
If anyone could direct me to a shop in Mumbai for tyres, alloys and ICE upgrades (suggestions on ICE,tyre,alloy upgrades are welcome)
I'm always very hesitant of the usual shops around the locality and would want these done by trusted people (you guys are the experts, kindly advice)
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 11:15   #220
BHPian

Re: Interlude | A Stitch in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post

I also want to pick the same set of alloys from Sai Mag but not sure of ordering online.
If anyone could direct me to a shop in Mumbai for tyres, alloys and ICE upgrades (suggestions on ICE,tyre,alloy upgrades are welcome)
I'm always very hesitant of the usual shops around the locality and would want these done by trusted people (you guys are the experts, kindly advice)
Only saifee tyres from santacruz west keeps Momo and Hrs alloys.I have changed my alloys to momo black Knights from saifee tyres.i had mailed Sai mag wheels for their Mumbai contact and they directed me to saifee tyres.I have changed tyres to Michelin's primacy 3st from Bombay tyres located at Milan subway as they offered me better buyback for Jk tyres compared to Saifee.
Attached Thumbnails
Crossbreed® | Mi10's Maruti S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 320 - Remapped! Update: Sold!-img20160213wa0001.jpg  

sahiltodankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 11:22   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Only saifee tyres from santacruz west keeps Momo and Hrs alloys.I have changed my alloys to momo black Knights from saifee tyres.i had mailed Sai mag wheels for their Mumbai contact and they directed me to saifee tyres.I have changed tyres to Michelin's primacy 3st from Bombay tyres located at Milan subway as they offered me better buyback for Jk tyres compared to Saifee.

Thanks a ton! I could do the same, not too far away I suppose. How much was the buy back for the stock JK? My guy here says 3k per alloy and 3k per tyre. Could you please give me the break up of charges?

Oh and those are some sweet looking alloys which compliment the car really well. Nice

Last edited by Eddy : 24th April 2016 at 13:54. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 24th April 2016, 13:14   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton! I could do the same, not too far away I suppose. How much was the buy back for the stock JK? My guy here says 3k per alloy and 3k per tyre. Could you please give me the break up of charges?
Quote:
Momo Dark knights 16' alloys 4*8250= 33k (Saifee Tyres)
Michelin primacy 3st 205/16 4*7500= 30k. (Bombay tyres)

OEM alloys sold for 10k and stock JK tyres for 16k

Total upgrade cost= 63k-26k = 37k

Now My Scross turns lots of heads on road
Old 24th April 2016, 13:21   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Momo Dark knights 16' alloys 4*8250= 33k (Saifee Tyres)
Michelin primacy 3st 205/16 4*7500= 30k. (Bombay tyres)

OEM alloys sold for 10k and stock JK tyres for 16k

Total upgrade cost= 63k-26k = 37k

Now My Scross turns lots of heads on road
Agree it turns a lot of heads and gets the attention it should be getting
Set of 4 or 5? Should have cleared that myself earlier

Local retailer quoted 3k per alloy 3k per tyre
That gives me 30k. But he says he has no MOMO or HRS
Asking me to take Lenso or Onxy, which I don't think I'd settle for until I really have my budgets exhausted.
Also looking to upsize to 225/50/R17.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:05   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Day 94 (Fri, 4th March 2016)

• OEM Hella E55 Projector
  • Custom Painted Shroud
  • 55W Ballasts
  • CnD2S 4300k Bulbs

[/u]
Hi Mi10

I have the 320 ddis alpha with the stock headlamp setup with the HID lights. However, I find the lights to be inadequate, especially when on highways there are alot of cars with full beams from the opposite side; typical Maruti

Are your lamps the stock setup or are they better/ more powerful than the stocks. I am seriously thinking of upgrading the lamps; any suggestions?

Plus I also want to get the fog lamps changed from yellow to white lamps; any suggestions for those as well?

Thanks
SC

Last edited by speed crusader : 2nd May 2016 at 12:09.
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:14   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
I have the 320 ddis alpha with the stock headlamp setup with the HID lights. However, I find the lights to be inadequate, especially when on highways there are alot of cars with full beams from the opposite side; typical Maruti

Are your lamps the stock setup or are they better/ more powerful than the stocks. I am seriously thinking of upgrading the lamps; any suggestions?

Plus I also want to get the fog lamps changed from yellow to white lamps; any suggestions for those as well?
Have you tried adjusting or leveling the throw and spread? Ought to be possible if you pop the hood and check near the headlamp housing. I found the S-Cross' alpha variant to have impressive lighting capability so a simple adjustment might make everything better. Please also remember to leave a cut on the right-side so as not to blind other people. Upgrading your lights just because others have poorly installed/adjusted highbeams, won't solve anything you probably need to just make sure your windscreen is spotless both inside and out.

Lastly, why do you find the need to change the fog lights to white lamps? They don't exist to supplement lighting up of the road during normal low light conditions. Like the name suggests, they are Fog lights; only meant to be used when one needs to see the edges of the car when navigating through low-visibility conditions at slow speeds. Heavy rain, snow or fog are the only conditions where fog lamps are to be used and yellow light is perfect for illumination in such conditions. Using fog lights in perfectly normal weather is just going to prove annoying to other motorists.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 2nd May 2016 at 14:16.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks