Team-BHP - The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/182826-brute-fort-my-2016-toyota-fortuner-4x4-m-t-now-upgraded-bf-goodrich-t-ko2-16.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 5135829)
Update: 60,000 km Service

Odometer Reading: 60687 kms

This Service took place on 18th Aug. 2021 @ Millennium Toyota, Thane.

The car got the routine Oil (Synthetic), Air, AC Filter Change, Brakes Cleaning/Sanitisation, Washing, 4 Tyre Rotation & other inspections were undertaken.

Total Cost was INR 12,812/- (Incl. Taxes & Labour).

Higher overall cost is because of Synthetic oil? I am guessing you have already swapped brake pads, how much more life does existing pads have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 5135901)
Higher overall cost is because of Synthetic oil?

YES :)

Quote:

I am guessing you have already swapped brake pads, how much more life does existing pads have?
Yes.

The front brake pads were changed at the 35k kms service & the rear were changed at the 40k service :thumbs up

At around 61k kms noticed the clutch slipping, particularly in the higher gears (4th, 5th & 6th) & soon after another 200 kms or so this started occurring in the lower gears as well (2nd & 3rd) hence sent the car back to Millennium Toyota for a suspected clutch wear/change opinion/diagnosis.

Upon inspection it was found that the clutch had worn out and it needed a replacement, along with that there was another bush which was damaged.

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-photo20210907171055.jpg

I gave a go ahead for the job as most of the parts (total 11 parts) were in stock (Except the bush, which arrived later that evening) & I received the car the next day.

My Fortuner's clutch now feels extremely light and the acceleration has increased noticeably (both in gear and off the line).

Total Cost Including Parts Labour & Taxes was INR 27,853/- :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 5156908)
At around 61k kms noticed the clutch slipping

Is that the usual lifespan for Fortuner's clutch? Sounds a tad early to me. Of course, it depends on a bunch of factors, including extent of city driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 5156953)
Is that the usual lifespan for Fortuner's clutch? Sounds a tad early to me. Of course, it depends on a bunch of factors, including extent of city driving.

I think the regular off-road sessions might have contributed towards early wear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 5156953)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 5157425)
I think the regular off-road sessions might have contributed towards early wear.

Well, I know my driving style + 420NM Diesel Manual makes Fortuner the most powerful (torque wise) manual currently on sale in India. Hence, I did not really crib about warranty / premature wear etc. Though I would have loved the clutch to last longer but it had started showing signs of wear with it slipping so went ahead with the replacement. However, I have initiated an inquiry to find out if this gen 6 M/T Fortuner uses the same clutch kit (I Doubt as that was a 5 M/T) as per the last gen (which was around 70 NM less powerful), will find out and report.

Some Random Pics clicked over the past few days/weeks;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_3527.jpeg

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-img_3526.jpeg

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-e67ff5de252f41a084d2e021347b4d70.jpg

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-e393abf00c774faf802b9b71c1ef6494.jpg

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-ed77a79d2f4249aca40bc70164eba269.jpg

:thumbs up

Just went through your beautiful and informative thread. Awesome ownership and even more delicious pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 5157800)
Well, I know my driving style + 420NM Diesel Manual makes Fortuner the most powerful (torque wise) manual currently on sale in India. Hence, I did not really crib about warranty / premature wear etc. Though I would have loved the clutch to last longer but it had started showing signs of wear with it slipping so went ahead with the replacement. However, I have initiated an inquiry to find out if this gen 6 M/T Fortuner uses the same clutch kit (I Doubt as that was a 5 M/T) as per the last gen (which was around 70 NM less powerful), will find out and report.

Any update on the above?
The latest 2021 model comes with rear diff lock. Have you tried it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prakritij (Post 5208230)
Just went through your beautiful and informative thread.

Thanks Prakritij for your kind appreciation towards my content/thread.
Quote:

Awesome ownership and even more delicious pics.
:)
Quote:

Any update on the above?
Not yet as the concerned Service Advisor left the Workshop (Millennium Toyota). The car is due for a service in the coming days will find out through some other personnel.
Quote:

The latest 2021 model comes with rear diff lock. Have you tried it?
I haven't driven the updated/facelift Fortuner.

Update: 65,000 kms Service.

This was a minor service and the car had a 66,114 kms odometer reading when it was sent for this scheduled service at Millennium Toyota, Thane.
This service consisted of mostly check ups, top ups and cleaning hence the final bill was only INR 1628/- (Including GST).

Service Update;

Odometer Reading: 70,157 kms.

Late Last month the 70k kms service was performed at Millennium Toyota, Thane.

Engine Oil (Fully Synthetic) & Oil Filter were changed. Rest the brakes were inspected and cleaned, propeller shaft greasing was also done. Washing & Cleaning was also performed but was advised that the car needs a detailing.

Final amount was INR 8268/- (Inclusive of GST).

Have been using these newly introduced Schaeffler wiper blades since last month. Looks sleek and the swipe is also satisfying to watch. Shall keep you updated on the performance & longevity;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-375fb41ad7464f1cb03ef56546541121.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 5372292)
Have been using these newly introduced Schaeffler wiper blades since last month. Looks sleek and the swipe is also satisfying to watch. Shall keep you updated on the performance & longevity;

Karan, where did you find them? Amazon? Can you share the link/number? I am looking to replace the OE wipers and do not want the standard Toyota ASC stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyutaghosh (Post 5372503)
Karan, where did you find them? Amazon? Can you share the link/number? I am looking to replace the OE wipers and do not want the standard Toyota ASC stuff.

Hi achyutaghosh,
I got these from local aftermarket shop as this brand is currently only available at authorised or local retail stores & not online.

Service Update;

Last month the Car completed 75k kms milestone and was sent to its scheduled service at Millennium Toyota with an odometer reading of 75332 kms.

The usual check ups, top ups, brake cleaning, washing, vacuuming etc. happened smoothly & the final bill amount was INR 1829/- (Including GST) :thumbs up