Team-BHP - The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/182826-brute-fort-my-2016-toyota-fortuner-4x4-m-t-now-upgraded-bf-goodrich-t-ko2-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4427397)
That's dirt cheap! I checked estimate for my Crysta manual, for 20K service I am seeing 66xx plus tax.

Are you getting the Alignment done too ? Because i didn't !

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4427783)
Are you getting the Alignment done too ? Because i didn't !

Looks like I had ticked alignment, the estimate shows 6815+ tax. Without alignment it is 6185+ Tax. Even this should get it to 7K after tax, which I believe is high when compared to your 4x4 truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4427876)
Looks like I had ticked alignment, the estimate shows 6815+ tax. Without alignment it is 6185+ Tax. Even this should get it to 7K after tax, which I believe is high when compared to your 4x4 truck.

Yes as the engine is same GD series (just smaller hence lesser oil for 2.4L Crysta Manual), rest the service procedures should be same, cost of the oil (same grade ?), Oil Filter (may be same) & AC Filter (may be same) too.

In addition to above the labour costs for Innova would be comparatively less v/s the what they would charge for Fortuners.

:thumbs up

Big Moment for the Fortuner as these Bad Boys arrive;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1531760809.165218.jpg

BF Goodrich T/A KO2 - ALL TERRAIN TYRES;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1531760823.890992.jpg

Manufactured in the 11th week of 2018 so a pretty fresh set.

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1531760964.292318.jpg

^ Cant wait to install them onto my truck :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4419637)
This is what happens. I am waiting for your comments when you will change them to AT's.

^ Hope this post answered your question :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4429632)

I had these on my Gypsy and these tyres are super tough.
Could you let me know how you managed to source them Karan?
Cheers,
Deepak

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 4429654)
I had these on my Gypsy and these tyres are super tough.
Could you let me know how you managed to source them Karan?
Cheers,
Deepak

Hi Deepak,

This was a private import so wont really be possible to share details this time like i did earlier;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...k-com-usa.html

Fitting the BF Goodrich T/A KO 2 at SuperTyres (Mulund, Mumbai);

The tyres all loaded in the Fortuner;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532250650.838260.jpg

^ Had to fold down the middle row to accommodate all 4 of these All Terrain tyres;

Work Starts at Super Tyres;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532250701.043158.jpg

New v/s Old, AT v/s HT, BF Goodrich v/s Bridgestone :D

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532250731.014084.jpg

^ Note: Both are same size i.e. 265/60 R18

What a sight;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532250797.584883.jpg

Balancing Done;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532250824.441920.jpg

Probably the 1st time an BF Goodrich going on to the New Fortuner in India :D

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532250931.707768.jpg

Rear;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532250891.856771.jpg

Ready to roll out;

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532251142.173223.jpg

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532251196.497377.jpg

^ Time to plan an OTR session now, but before that Mumbai Roads should get ready for a beating !

Hi Karan,

Congratulations on getting the KO2's. They are simply brilliant. I have a friend who also managed to get them thru the 'Private Import' route for his New Fortuner Automatic about 15 months and ago and swears by them.

A word of caution while driving on wet highways as the grip is compromised a bit and with the absence of full time 4wheel drive in the new fortuner, one must exercise greater caution during high speed driving in the monsoon. Especially when negotiating fast sweeping curves.

OTR they are simply brilliant

Best wishes

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAD (Post 4432552)
Hi Karan,

Congratulations on getting the KO2's. They are simply brilliant.

Thanks AAD !

Quote:

A word of caution while driving on wet highways as the grip is compromised a bit and with the absence of full time 4wheel drive in the new fortuner, one must exercise greater caution during high speed driving in the monsoon. Especially when negotiating fast sweeping curves.
Oh yes agree: I do miss the full time 4wd of my Old Fortuner. Even the HT tyres felt unsafe in rainy conditions on cement highways. Looking forward on how these perform (Probably better aquaplaning resistance on the AT, May be ).

Quote:

OTR they are simply brilliant
:thumbs up

Quote:

Best wishes
Thanks again !

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4429632)

Hey Karan, the tyres look simply awesome! Would love to see them on my Endeavour. I felt they look relatively more off road biased for an AT looking at the thread depth and pattern.

How is the ride quality on these tyres? Any perceivable change in your car's mileage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCORPION (Post 4432708)
Hey Karan, the tyres look simply awesome!

Thanks SCORPION :thumbs up

Quote:

I felt they look relatively more off road biased for an AT looking at the thread depth and pattern.
True, the tread is very aggressive for an AT tyre, in fact almost ends up looking like an Mud Terrain type.

Quote:

How is the ride quality on these tyres? Any perceivable change in your car's mileage?
Preliminary & surprisingly i feel these offer better ride quality than the OE Bridgestone Duelers. Do note BF Goodrich is a brand owned by Michelin and the overall tyre compound is genetically feeling like a Michelin but with an attitude of an All Terrain tyre, very magical !

Will post a full review after a few weeks :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4433542)
Preliminary & surprisingly i feel these offer better ride quality than the OE Bridgestone Duelers.

New tires are by default softer and feel better for the initial 1k km or so. Their true performance is best judged after that.

BTW, they look noisy, are they?

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4433801)
BTW, they look noisy, are they?

I have barely driven about 45kms post fitment, out of which most of the time it was raining heavily to notice a difference in noise hence its too early to comment on that. Shall keep everyone posted :thumbs up

The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2-imageuploadedbyteambhp1532707079.989295.jpg

Ready for the Weekend :thumbs up

This is one tire which just looks so delicious that I want to eat it. Appears as a perfect black forest cake with edge.

The photo where the Bridgestone HT and this AT are together, the AT simply dwarfs it, its taller, wider and oozes character. Waiting for Karan's inputs post a fast drive on good highways and on rural roads. OTR's..? They will shine anyways, so its given.