Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 10:47   #301
BHPian

Re: Driven: Volkswagen Passat

Pretty Sure when I bought the car. It was 4years. Maybe it wasn’t the case when you bought it in Oct ‘18. And yes, my EW is 4+2
kslives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 00:00   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslives View Post
Also, just FYI.. The standard warranty on the passat was increased from 2 years standard to 4 years. I'm assuming you bought the car in early 2019, that's when I had bought it so you don't need to worry about warranty till 2023 (i have opted for extended warranty for 2 years as well).
My 2 years 3 months old Passat Highline Connect came with the standard 4 years warranty. Is there a possibility now to opt for the extended 2 years warranty, i.e 4 + 2 years warranty overall? Any idea how much will this cost?
Old 24th April 2021, 21:00   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_behera View Post
My 2 years 3 months old Passat Highline Connect came with the standard 4 years warranty. Is there a possibility now to opt for the extended 2 years warranty, i.e 4 + 2 years warranty overall? Any idea how much will this cost?

Yes you can still get an extended warranty. VW is going all out to earn brownie points in India. It's best to call your dealer and check. The info might also be available on their website. I think I had purchased it for 86k for 2 years extended warranty but the price goes higher as the car gets older. Since I bought it without the 1st 90 days of my car purchase, I got the lowest price.
Old 24th April 2021, 21:02   #304
BHPian

Here you go: https://www.volkswagen.co.in/idhub/c...duct-price.pdf
Old 25th April 2021, 08:10   #305
BHPian

Yes it's available.
I recently purchased the +2 yrs warranty after two years of ownership. It was 1.17 lac plus gst less 6k discount.
srgntpepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 10:02   #306

Hi! I'm looking to getting a pre owned example from 2018/19 and am specifically looking for a post update connect model with the larger infotainment screen and cooled seats. Please PM me if there are any leads!!

Preferences are low kms and the color white because the passat looks so regal in it!!

Please let me know what are some known issues with this gen of the passat, if any and the price I should expect to pick it up at.
I'm looking to upgrade from a 70k kms run Jetta and am open to other options as the learned members of teambhp may suggest!

Mod note: if this is the wrong thread, please repost and help me out..
99octane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 05:44   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99octane View Post
Hi! I'm looking to getting a pre owned example from 2018/19 and am specifically looking for a post update connect model with the larger infotainment screen and cooled seats. Please PM me if there are any leads!!

Preferences are low kms and the color white because the passat looks so regal in it!!

Please let me know what are some known issues with this gen of the passat, if any and the price I should expect to pick it up at.
I'm looking to upgrade from a 70k kms run Jetta and am open to other options as the learned members of teambhp may suggest!

Mod note: if this is the wrong thread, please repost and help me out..
I just got myself a July 2018 registered Passat B8 Highline and boy it is a feature loaded car.

However I'm not sure if its the car's usual suspension characteristic or wear, I get a slightly wallowy, boaty ride feeling. Any pointers will help!
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 11:09   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
However I'm not sure if its the car's usual suspension characteristic or wear, I get a slightly wallowy, boaty ride feeling. Any pointers will help!
Did you try putting the DCC suspension in Normal or Sport mode? Does that make any difference? Also according to the mode, load, tyre pressures need to be modulated too. Check everything and revert!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 11:25   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Did you try putting the DCC suspension in Normal or Sport mode? Does that make any difference? Also according to the mode, load, tyre pressures need to be modulated too. Check everything and revert!
Tried it and then took it to the ASC. And as suspected the issue was with the struts. Front left was leaking and the front right had minimal action. So obviously they need to be changed along with the child rubber parts. However as with most VW exotic parts, the part has been ordered will arrive in 30-45 days from Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I shudder to think of the replacement costs for the adaptive suspension after a few years, or in case of a mishap.
The cost of full overhaul of the front suspension minus lower arm is roughly about 65K including labour. The cost of the pair front struts is about 35K. I feel for a car this size, its not bad.

However, this is where you might want to shudder. The cost of "each" rear strut is 35K. Double of front strut cost. I wonder what is the logic as typically the front suspension does the heavy lifting. Literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslives View Post
Resolution/end result - after writing all these emails etc.. the VW Gurgaon workshop has agreed to fit a new part @ 25% of the cost. They were originally offering a 30% discount after my email to VW but I did not accept their offer. Just to save time and beat around the bush, I only proposed to pay 25% of the cost which still amounts to some 11k.
I have the same issue with the rear sunblind in my car. New one is 47K. It pinches a lot to pay that price especially when a small plastic child part is broken.

Looks like I have to use my penmanship now!
MileCruncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 12:02   #310
BHPian

Just drop an email to the current India MD. You’ll get his mail easily and trust me, it’ll work. If I would have pushed harder, I wouldn’t have even had to pay 11k.. could have been much lesser or maybe even at no cost. They are trying really hard to gain market share and since the Passat is their premium most sedan.. you should be able to pull it off! ����
Old 6th May 2022, 21:26   #311
BHPian

Dear all,
need an advice on buying a used passat. There are two examples both with close to 40000 kms driven. Tight condition, one with one owner and other with second owner. asking is 25 and 22 respectively. service records are clean. What am i looking at when opting for either of them?
Old 8th May 2022, 11:20   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Dear all,
need an advice on buying a used passat. There are two examples both with close to 40000 kms driven. Tight condition, one with one owner and other with second owner. asking is 25 and 22 respectively. service records are clean. What am i looking at when opting for either of them?
Do get the cars thoroughly checked at VW, most of these cars have issues with the flywheel at certain age in operation, that can be addressed, also check all electronics for fail safe, the sunroof needs to be checked particularly.
Rest the engine and everything is usually good. Do have a long test drive and bargain hard. Prices are a bit higher. I am assuming both are highline.

Cheers
Old 9th May 2022, 14:57   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,
Prices are definitely higher. You need to see which years are these. Also check if warranty is still available or not.
Old 9th May 2022, 15:02   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Prices are definitely higher. You need to see which years are these. Also check if warranty is still available or not.
Both cars are test driven during weekend. Brought down the price to 19 lacs for second owner car and 23 for first owner car. I am still not comfortable to spend 19 lacs and become third owner of the car. but the gap of 4 lacs for almost identical condition cars is also too much. By the way, both are connect edition highline. Both have complete service record and zero dep insurance. No warranty.
Old 9th May 2022, 15:33   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both cars are test driven during weekend. Brought down the price to 19 lacs for second owner car and 23 for first owner car. I am still not comfortable to spend 19 lacs and become third owner of the car. but the gap of 4 lacs for almost identical condition cars is also too much. By the way, both are connect edition highline. Both have complete service record and zero dep insurance. No warranty.

No warranty means both the cars before May 2018. 23 Lakhs is still high for more than 4 year old car. Please note unlike Superb, Passat is not a fast mover in the used car market so remember buying a Passat means you will keep the car for atleast 3-5 Years to extract full value.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks