Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2018, 00:19   #121
BANNED

re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Is the low end torque better now?
A lot better. The lag is gone to put it in simple terms. Improvement in driveability is a lot than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
How is the fit and finish of the spoiler?
Decent I must say. Not too flimsy either. I'll give it a 8/10 rating.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 13:19   #122
BANNED

UPDATE

ODOMETER: 25,000 kms
DURATION: 7 months

25,000 kms done
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-25000-kms-done.jpg

FE Data so far since Day 1
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-fe-data.jpg

FE Graph
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-fe-graph.jpg

Range on each full tank
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-range-graph.jpg

• Been 7 months with the Creta and life so far is pretty good and reliable. No niggles or issues in the 7 months ownership. Getting an average FE of 18.62 kmpl with the worst FE achieved was 14.12 kmpl and the best FE achieved was 20.85 kmpl.

• Even after 7 months of having it with me, I just love the looks of the car especially the front end thanks to those beautifully designed projectors accompanied by a large, clean hood that renders the car a good stance. With the addition of the rear spoiler, I feel the looks from the side have improved slight but still doesn't look as good as the S-Cross when seen from the side and rear.

• Interiors are holding up very well with no rattles except from the parcel tray. No squeaks from any interior part so far and it is pretty silent on the inside which is a bliss for me coming from the Swift. Can't imagine how much more silent the car will become if one does go for damping!!

• Comfort wise the car scores a 10/10, have had no back pain since then and have clocked a lot in this month especially where it is a cake walk for me. Seating posture, road visibility, commanding nature of the car and the compact size are all plus points in day-to-day driving be it city or highway. Ground clearance and overall ride height is a gain too which instills the confidence where going off the road if situation demands (Not the proper 4x4 style).

• Features wise, a decently equipped car except for the damn missing Cruise Control that I hate to the core. The main minus point that bothers me everyday. Hope there is some workaround for it in future.

How are the MODS fairing so far in these 7 months of ownership?

All the MODS done so far, are holding up well except for the ORVM folding relay that is malfunctioning sometimes as it refuses to fold when the car is locked. Need to open the door pad and check what needs to be fixed. Apart from this minor niggle, rest all is great.

2,000+ kms post Remap, my take on it
  • Punchy response when accelerator input is given irrespective of the RPM and gear the car is in. It just lurches forward.

• Much improved low-end response post the remap. Lag is near to nil now and happy with the in-gear acceleration too which help in city driving and lesser need for downshifts.

• FE is back in the range of what I used to get prior to remap so that's a plus for me again

• BHPian interc00led and Madhav14 have driven the car pre and post remap and they were all praises for the remap done.

• Surprisingly the engine is slightly more silent than stock condition (acknowledged by both BHPian interc00led and Madhav14).

Here are some pictures of the car

As promised, here are some better day-light images of the car post spoiler addition.

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180529_161216.jpg

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180531_072918.jpg

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180531_073123.jpg

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180531_072846.jpg

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180531_073205.jpg

Pending Activity

Engine Oil (5W30 will be used instead of 15W40) + Oil filter change that I'll be doing myself today and hereon will be following the 5,000 kms interval for oil change rather than every 10,000 kms.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st June 2018 at 13:48.
a4anurag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 18:38   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Great going. You are munching miles like anything. I am happily sipping the miles slowly here . Your worst mileage is what I enjoy here .
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
  • Interiors are holding up very well with no rattles except from the parcel tray. No squeaks from any interior part so far and it is pretty silent on the inside which is a bliss for me coming from the Swift. Can't imagine how much more silent the car will become if one does go for damping!!
Yes, the rear parcel shelf does bounce around. I hope you had seen my thread on getting rid of it. Works well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3845643
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 00:56   #124
BANNED

Have bought the Engine Oil + Oil Filter. Will be changing the oil tomorrow.

Mobil Delvac Super 1400 (15W40)
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180601_2137271280x720.jpg

Oil filter purchased from MOBIS
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180601_213627720x1280.jpg

Costs

Engine oil: ₹1,450
Engine oil filter: ₹425

Total: ₹1,875
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 01:33   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to know that your FE is back in your previous range.

Quote:

Engine Oil (5W30 will be used instead of 15W40) + Oil filter change that I'll be doing myself today and hereon will be following the 5,000 kms interval for oil change rather than every 10,000 kms.
Quote:
Have bought the Engine Oil + Oil Filter. Will be changing the oil tomorrow.
Mobil Delvac Super 1400 (15W40)
Did I miss something here?? You said you'll be switching to 5w30 from now, but instead ended up purchasing 15W40. Also, do enlighten me about the need to switch to thinner oil post remaps.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 4th June 2018 at 01:56.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 09:23   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Brembo rotors are heavier, thicker and higher quality in terms of feel and construction than the OE one.
I was checking this OE vs Brembo rotors pic by you, some interesting observations.
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180602_100829.jpg
1. As you said Brembo rotors should be heavier. Look at the spacing of vents, they are closer and narrower. Rotors being heavier is not a plus point, I believe. Hyundai OE discs are better (lighter).

2. Another disadvantage with close spacing and narrow vents is reduced cooling efficiency in Brembo rotors. Hyundai OE rotors are better again here.

3. If you observe both rotors closely, Hyundai OE looks much better with solid construction (see those vents).

Also you had posted 100-0 braking video on another thread which was very concerning (6-7 seconds for the car to stop after Brembo rotors). I would call this as downgrade, not upgrade.

Many of my friends have had bad experience with Brembo discs and pads bought from local dealers in India. We are not sure if Brembo products sold in India are fake or poor quality. We need to be careful .

Cheers!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th June 2018 at 09:26.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 10:09   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Brembo rotors by themselves won't improve braking performance. The pad and the rotor work together to stop the car and any improvement in braking is the result of them working together. Most rotors are made from cast iron with certain enhanced properties to absorb and dissipate heat and reduce wear.

An increased # of vents in the rotor are for better cooling a result of the increase in surface area. Also, heavier rotors i.e increase in mass also increases absorption of heat. These characteristics when taken together lead to better resistance to brake fade. They do NOT lead to better stopping power which depends on the properties of two friction surfaces.

All that said, Brembo does not make parts for the India manufactured Creta 1.6. The dealer here, United Motors I think, only offers compatible Brembo parts. This should be carefully noted. I would advise not installing parts that aren't specifically made for your car make and model.

As for the authorised dealers - I had emailed Brembo Italy in March last year enquiring about pads and rotors for my car. They responded back listing Laxmikant and Co in Goa being the only distributors for India. I am not sure if they have added other dealers/distributors during 2017.

Last edited by R2D2 : 4th June 2018 at 10:11.
R2D2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 10:16   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I would advise not installing parts that aren't specifically made for your car make and model.
Exactly! Brakes are something which should not be taken lightly.

Brembo has OE replacement pads and rotors for my S-Cross. But that's not actually an upgrade for me. For better braking or call it as an upgrade, I will go with performance brake pads or drilled / slotted rotors which are not yet available from Brembo.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 12:59   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Exactly! Brakes are something which should not be taken lightly.
Car owners can mess with or even ignore most systems in the car but just make sure your brakes are in top notch condition. OEM or aftermarket does not matter. No compromises here.

Quote:
Brembo has OE replacement pads and rotors for my S-Cross. But that's not actually an upgrade for me. For better braking or call it as an upgrade, I will go with performance brake pads or drilled / slotted rotors which are not yet available from Brembo.
Multi-pot performance calipers and slotted drilled rotors would cost a pile. That is if it they are available. Is it worth all that $$ for a Maruti soft roader? Not to mention the time and effort expended in performing trial and error methods to enhance these systems. I think you know what I'm saying if you look at your own experience.

IMHO it's better to buy a zippy car in a factory tune. You want more go? Get an Octavia vRS, Polo TSI, an Fiat Abarth Punto or one of their ilk. Their brakes, chassis, suspension are designed to handle the power and speed right from the factory. The best thing about these enthusiast EU cars is you get plenty of aftermarket performance parts from Europe and elsewhere. To me @Karan561's 328i E46 thread is a gold benchmark for modifications.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 17:41   #130
BANNED

FE Update:

Third tank completed post remap

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-screenshot_20180603225636.jpg

Engine Oil Update

Sincere thanks to DBHPian Nikhilb2008 for helping me with contact to source Motul X-Cess 8100 5W40. Shall be using this oil from 30,000 kms service onwards.

Brembo Brakes

Regarding the discussion going on the Brembo brakes whether it is a upgrade or a downgrade I don't want to comment on it and drag it further. I've covered 5,000+ kms on it and pretty happy with them and have bought a second set of pads already in advance.

The issues that I faced during the initial 20,000 kms with stock setup hasn't been observed with the Brembo's so I'll term it as an upgrade for me. No more posts from me on this subject here on. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th June 2018 at 17:47.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 17:08   #131
BANNED

Quote:
How are the MODS fairing so far in these 7 months of ownership?

All the MODS done so far, are holding up well except for the ORVM folding relay that is malfunctioning sometimes as it refuses to fold when the car is locked.
Contacted CarPlus (KMH Relay) through FB and sent them a video of the malfunctioning relay and they agreed to replace the unit. Have removed the relay from the car today and shall be sending it to Delhi so I get a replacement for it.

It carries a 1 year warranty and good it happened in the warranty period itself
Old 7th June 2018, 00:45   #132
BANNED

DISCLAIMER & WARNING

I am NOT responsible if there is any loss of life or damage to personal or private property after following this and deactivating the video warning and watching videos on the move. Please do it at your sole discretion.

Casually browsing posts by members in the Hyundai Creta group on FB, one guy (Thanks to Elvin Santos for the step-by-step video uploaded) had posted a way to IGNORE that warning while watching video on the move.

Warning received while watching videos on the move
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-warning-received.jpg
Source: Naveen.Raju's review

Curious, I thought of trying the same if it works in the Indian Creta too but other members in the group from India were reporting that the trick was not working. I still went ahead and tried the same on my Creta and it worked.

Long press the settings button to go to the page that displays the firmware and serial number etc of the HU
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-1.-hu.jpg

Tap the screen in the marked locations in the order as described in the image
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-2.-steps-reach-engineers-mode.jpg

'Enter Password' page will be visible
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-3.-enter-password-page.jpg

Type '0744' and Press OK to enter into 'Engineer Mode'
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-4.-enter-password-press-ok.jpg

Once in the Engineer Mode, scroll down to the second page
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-5.-engineer-mode.-tap-scroll-button-go-second-page.jpg

Once in Page 2, click on the check-box that reads "Ignore driving restriction!"
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-6.-second-page-tap-check-box-deactivate-warning.jpg

5 pages in the Engineer Mode
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-pages-engineer-mode.jpg

OS that the HU is running on - Microsoft Embedded Compact 7.
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-os-hu-running-.jpg

Model Configuration of the HU
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log - Update: 1,00,000 km up!-img_20180606_173216.jpg

PS: I have re-enabled the warning and back to as it came.

Note: Just posted here for benefit of all reason I see many are spending on some kind of connectors and harness that deactivates the same.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th June 2018 at 00:50.
a4anurag is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 09:15   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PS: I have re-enabled the warning and back to as it came.
An interesting hack indeed.

But IMO it would be best not to defeat a factory enabled safety feature in any car. It is good you re-enabled the warning.
R2D2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 17:00   #134
BHPian

T-BHP again gave me a great solution. When I was buying my previous car, Ford Figo, I was researching extensively on this forum (and nowhere else) and after weeks of reading, I went for a test drive with notes taken from the new car reviews, user reviews, ownership reports etc. Then when I TD'd all the cars I shortlisted, I went ahead and booked my Ford Figo. No doubt whatsoever. And it has served me well, and reviews and comments on T-BHP were true to point.
Now, I felt I needed to change my car. Did the reading for replacement car again on this forum. Read some sedans and SUV type cars extensively for months. Narrowed down to three cars, again based on reviews and ownership logs here, to Hyundai Creta, Maruti S Cross and Duster. Test drove all three once just to get a feel. Creta ticked all my check boxes so went ahead and booked. Now I am a proud owner of the Creta Sx+ Automatic petrol. About 3 weeks old.
I wanted to put this down here, just to renew and stamp my approval for the extent and the quality of reviews and write-ups in this forum. Kudos to all the amazing contributor to this great forum. Let's keep it up! Thank you to all the contributors!
gtonsing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 18:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log EDIT: Now Remapped

Quote:
MODIFICATION #21: Engine hood insulation

The ugly part under the hood is finally covered now thanks to AliExpress.
Before vs After
Attachment 1762219[/b][/center]
The Creta is already a very quiet and refined vehicle so this question might be redundant but have you noticed a real difference in NVH with the cladding in place?

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks