Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:57   #136
BHPian

Re: The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Our endeavour 3.2 is also facing some random jerks at slow speeds and while upshifting. Hope it won't be a major problem.
What's the mileage covered on the odo? Along with transmission oil, have the transfer case oil condition checked as well.
Old 3rd November 2021, 07:38   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
What's the mileage covered on the odo? Along with transmission oil, have the transfer case oil condition checked as well.
Mileage is just 40,000 km. Transmission oil was checked and found to be okay.
Old 16th September 2022, 17:16   #138
BHPian

Eighth and Ninth Service Experience:

Quite late in sharing the same but trying to bring it upto speed.

The eighth service of 70,000 Kms was done in June 2021. The service bill was Rs. 10,514/- with the usual inclusions of close to 9 liters of Shell Fully Synthetic Oil, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Cabin Air Filter and some other minor aggregates with Alignment and Balancing. Since this was the first service where I had not went along and had just reached in evening to pick the Endeavour, right after making the payment I enquired about whether they had transmission oil replacement aggregates. They checked and confirmed the entire set was available and I took the call to go ahead with the oil replacement and dropped the vehicle back since there have been numerous articles and videos recommending early oil change for 6R80 for better life and improved shift quality (latter being more important for me).

Once the oil was drained, it was clear that the quality of oil examined via the dip stick is pretty deceiving.

Deep red colour still visible on the dip stick
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_1.jpg

Actual condition of oil which had turned to almost brown
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_2.jpg

With the Filter and magnets removed
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_3.jpg

While the Pan itself is stamped with the note related to reusable gasket, it was replaced as well not taking any chances
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_5.jpg

Without the proper tool, the oil extraction would have been a messy affair and filling new oil would have been a big chore. After cleaning the pan, it was time fit the new parts and fill fresh oil. Once most of the oil had been filled to the point that it started coming out of the fill / dipstick hole, the engine was started and oil was topped-up. Post this the adaptive learning tables were cleared and vehicle was driven to bring the oil to working temperature after which the oil quantity was again checked and topped-up. I would say it was a worthy investment of around 11k.

There was a long pending issue of noise from the sunroof caused during rains / after a water wash.

Link to video:

The noise was finally addressed by replacing the sunroof drain end plugs which had widened most probably due to cleaning with pressurized air. This resulted in the boiling water like noise caused by water draining down while air rushing back up to the sunroof at highway speeds.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_7.jpg

Parting shot from the service center before finally taking the delivery
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_8.jpg

With usual running, it was time again for next service by Christmas of 2021 which a group of fellow Endeavour owners had gone to celebrate in Bharatpur. For me the trip turned out to be a nightmare as the electronic latch stopped working meaning the only way to access the luggage in the boot was via the middle row. It could have been fairly simpler had it not been the Ford’s Cargo Cover which took a lot of patience and gymnastic moves to unhook in the closed boot without damaging it.

A picture of all the Endeavours occupying the parking
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_9.jpg

The Ninth service of 80,000 Kms was due also while returning from this trip and luckily the dealership was able to arrange the latch overnight from Ford Parts Distribution Center. The tricky part was removing the panels of the boot to access the latch – all this with the boot being closed. Luckily no trim was scuffed or damaged in the process and in under an hour the latch was replaced.

Picture taken right after the boot was opened
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_12.jpg

Condition of the fuel filter
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_11.jpg

Getting a thorough wash
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t53_13.jpg

The usual service with fuel filter replacement amounted to Rs. 8,756/-.

On a separate note, refereeing to the previous post where I had mentioned about the noise from brakes, sharing a video of the noise experienced which was solved with by avoiding the brake pads with part number ending with 2200E.

Link to video:
A.G. is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:42   #139
BHPian

Tenth Service Experience:

The tenth service of 90,000 Kms was done in May 2022. The service bill was Rs. 20,192/- and for the first time Shell Oil was not available, instead Mobil Super 3000 X1 was used. Apart from the usual inclusions of Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Air Filter and some other minor aggregates with Alignment and Balancing, the increased price was due to bent Brake Caliper Pins which had damaged the Brake pads as well. Also, due to the debris which had accumulated between the radiator and condenser, both were removed and cleaned along with the fan and intercooler. Since it was already 90K Kms on the odo, the coolant was completely replenished with new for peace of mind.

Picture of the oil barrel
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_1.jpg

Service in progress
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_2.jpg

After initial round of cleaning, still some debris is stuck
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_3.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_4.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_5.jpg

Caliper pins (one is slightly bent)
Name:  Ford Endeavour T54_6.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  173.0 KB

I am still clueless how without any external impact the caliper pin got bent on one side which resulted in excessive wear of a single brake pad as opposed to even wear of both sides.

Second from bottom is almost gone while the one on bottom is almost new. The pair on top had worn out evenly
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_7.jpg

New Brake caliper pins installed
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_8.jpg

A big shout out to the team at Harpreet Ford Sahibabad for actually being able to pinpoint the issue of uneven brake pad wear and for arranging a ‘slow moving’ part (the caliper pins) from another dealer overnight.

A couple of pictures on the way back from service
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_9.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t54_10.jpg
A.G. is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 16:10   #140

Hi,

In the Eighth Service, what Transmission Fluid was used to change? Was it a Ford product or aftermarket brand?
Old 6th October 2022, 18:18   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVINA4WD View Post
Hi,

In the Eighth Service, what Transmission Fluid was used to change? Was it a Ford product or aftermarket brand?
Ford mercon LV. There are fluids that are in the market and support this spec but they’re more expensive than the ford one so stick with it, it is well formulated anyway
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 18:27   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[
A big shout out to the team at Harpreet Ford Sahibabad for actually being able to pinpoint the issue of uneven brake pad wear and for arranging a ‘slow moving’ part (the caliper pins) from another dealer overnight.
Looks like you have developed good relations with the dealership. Ours is around 1,20 K mark. Can you name some persons to whom I should contact for Transmission oil and Coolant change?
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 16:25   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVINA4WD View Post
Mercon LV made by Motorcraft for Ford. Part number is XT10QLVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can you name some persons to whom I should contact for Transmission oil and Coolant change?
At Harpreet Ford Sahibabad, Mr. Naidu is the head of operations and the master technician (T-Champ) is Mr. Kiran (avoid Thursday for him to be present and participate / oversee the entire process). Best is to plan for 2 days - this would allow the gearbox oil to drip overnight for maximum recovery of old oil.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 23:59   #144
BHPian

Hi, is your truck for sale at laksmi motors? I am sure its the same endeavour. But would like to be double sure, a friend was there, and i recognized your truck. If its yours, any reasons for the sale?
Old 9th January 2023, 09:53   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi, is your truck for sale at laksmi motors? I am sure its the same endeavour. But would like to be double sure, a friend was there, and i recognized your truck. If its yours, any reasons for the sale?
The truck is on sale but it's still safely parked at a friend's place in Delhi. After Olx and Cars24 evaluations, I am seeing a lot of ads for it both online and offline through multiple dealers.

Reason for sale is the long pending itch to upgrade - I have already sold my Hexa and Endeavour was my daily driver till I got the XUV7OO. Once the Endeavour is sold, I will be getting a German
Old 14th March 2023, 09:25   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I enquired about whether they had transmission oil replacement aggregates. They checked and confirmed the entire set was available and I took the call to go ahead with the oil replacement and dropped the vehicle back since there have been numerous articles and videos recommending early oil change for 6R80 for better life and improved shift quality (latter being more important for me)
Can you share a copy of the invoice with part numbers? Our car is at Chandigarh and I want to be sure of they have the right parts.

Also, will this video be good as a reference to do the oil change- I searched for 6R80 transmission oil change. It seems guys at Chandigarh have limited experience.

Edit -

Found this part from your earlier post

Quote:
Mercon LV made by Motorcraft for Ford. Part number is XT10QLVC.
Google leads to a different part then what's with dealership

Is it same and ok to use?
Attached Thumbnails
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-1.jpeg  

The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-2.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th March 2023 at 10:24.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 11:53   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share a copy of the invoice with part numbers?
Attached is the relevant portion. Items 4, 5 and 10
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-trans-oil-1.jpg

Quote:
Google leads to a different part then what's with dealership

Is it same and ok to use?
Part looks same. Sharing the pictures of all the required items.

Oil
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-trans-oil-2.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-trans-oil-3.jpg

Gasket (although reusable but better to change)
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-trans-oil-4.jpg

Screen (Oil Filter)
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-trans-oil-5.jpg
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks