Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 10:25   #121
BHPian

Re: The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The automatic transmission fluid needs to be changed only once every 250k km technically, but in severe conditions eg city driving, who knows? Changing it might help especially if it looks to have detiriorated.
The transmission oil was checked for quantity as well as quality and both check out fine. Out of turn oil change is on cards but most likely it won't solve the issue since Ford offered three other Endeavours for test drive (from as low as 10K on odo to all the way having 80K on odo) - the issue was there with different levels of severity in all of them. There is no answer to the question as to why it suddenly appeared in my Endeavour post the 50K service mark.
Quote:
Did you ask them to check the transmission and the clutch?
That would require removing and opening up the transmission - not too keen on disturbing the factory fit unless the issue is identified and a transmission replacement is being offered by Ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
2) While overtaking on single lane highways and when more torque is required, I floor the accerator sometimes and feel a jerk during upshifting from say 5th to 6th gear.
That's what I am experiencing as well.
Quote:
All in all, this is part of the infamous 6R80 gearbox which Ford till date has not been able to rectify 100%.
This is the most disappointing part that even after decades the issue persists. I wonder how the 10R80 is on this aspect.
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:28   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
I wonder how the 10R80 is on this aspect.
Even the 10R80 has its share of issues. There has been a recall in Thailand and Australia for the same. Don't know how this gearbox is faring in India. Not heard of any problems till now, probably because its still new.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 05:49   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is no answer to the question as to why it suddenly appeared in my Endeavour post the 50K service mark.
Have you started any other vehicle recently? Sometimes, we notice things when compare relative to something else

Quote:
the downshift jerk will be felt so hard compelling you to check the mirrors if you have been hit from behind by someone
Am sure you must have already checked but can this be from any other body part coming to lose? like the exhaust systems, you changed and refitted?

Quote:
during a sudden overtaking move on an undivided highway, there is 1 in 20 probability of having a jerky downshift where it feels like the revs just increase and then someone drops the clutch in race style.
I think this has always been there, even I can't describe and have mentioned elsewhere about these small jerks or uneven shifts.

Can you ask any fellow owner to try your vehicle and see if he also feels the same way, or drop in Gurgaon and can try mine?

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th August 2021 at 05:51.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 11:03   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Have you started any other vehicle recently? Sometimes, we notice things when compare relative to something else
Just alternating between the Endeavour and Hexa automatic.
Quote:
Am sure you must have already checked but can this be from any other body part coming to lose? like the exhaust systems, you changed and refitted?
When the ride height was corrected, the vehicle was at the workshop for ample time. I can confidently say that the all the nuts and bolts in the underbody were re-torqued to factory specifications. Since the jerk is prominently felt while coming to a stop when a downshift occurs, special attention was paid to checking the mounting bushes for transmission, front differential and play in drive shafts was also checked. But thank you for bringing-up the subject of exhaust - will have it re-checked since all is back to stock now.
Quote:
I think this has always been there, even I can't describe and have mentioned elsewhere about these small jerks or uneven shifts.
That's the biggest dampener in the otherwise fuss free drive experience - Ford should have ironed out these minor issues with the 6R80 in a decade. As mentioned previously, even I was surprised (or sort of relieved ) that I experienced this issue in 3 other Endeavours offered by 2 different Ford service centers with one having just around 10K on the odo but the only reason I am still in shock is why I didn't notice the same in mine in the initial 50k Kms.
Quote:
Can you ask any fellow owner to try your vehicle and see if he also feels the same way, or drop in Gurgaon and can try mine?
Will surely trouble you once I am in the vicinity.
Old 30th August 2021, 16:41   #125
BHPian

Installing the Remote Start kit:

Entering a pre-cooled cabin of the Endeavour on a hot summer day looked like a pipe dream until recently a friend was able to find a plug-n-play remote start kit. He was kind enough to source it from the US, program it and send it to me. Got the basic version of the kit which just had remote start capability via the original flip key remote as the rest of the features having alarm, dedicated display remote, etc. bumped up the cost quickly.

Neatly packaged
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t52_1.jpg

The contents with the relevant wiring harness to avoid any kind of wire splicing
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t52_2.jpg

Following the detailed instruction guide resulted in wiring harness installation taking hardly 5 minutes.

Installing the wires for a test run
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t52_3.jpg

Since the unit was pre-programmed no other steps were required and it saved the costs of buying the programmer as well. Skipping the programming part, the unit was installed and steps as mentioned in the instruction guide were performed to register the key with the Remote Start unit before putting the label I had been waiting for so long.

The label
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t52_4.jpg

Short clip of the Remote Start in action
A.G. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 17:01   #126
BHPian

Hi A.G your endeavor looks cool!, could you please share the details of the grill and the graphics on bonnet? I have same color endeavor, was wondering which grill would look better. also could you please share the front pictures. thanks in advance.
Old 6th September 2021, 17:15   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi A.G your endeavor looks cool!, could you please share the details of the grill and the graphics on bonnet? I have same color endeavor, was wondering which grill would look better. also could you please share the front pictures. thanks in advance.
Thank you. Currently I would advise to go for the replica of the Endeavour Sports grill - looks really clean. The Raptor style grill is also nice and there are multiple options which change from time to time (plain, amber marker lights, white marker lights, marker strips like mine and ones with illuminating F-O-R-D alphabets).

Graphics I had sourced from AliExpress.

The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-m1.jpg

The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-m2.jpg

The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-m3.jpg

The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-m4.jpg

The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-m5.jpg
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 18:52   #128
BHPian

Thanks A.G, very helpful. will check if I can get the black sports grill from Ford accessories department. not sure if it is available as after market accessory.
Old 7th September 2021, 09:10   #129
BHPian

The original Sports grill from Ford won't fit the pre-2019 facelift models like mine. 02 Aftermarket options available - plain Sports grill in glossy black and the other one with a frame to mount the Blue Oval Ford logo from the original grill. Any reputed accessories should be able to help you source it - should be available around 6-7k at max.
Old 7th September 2021, 14:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Installing the Remote Start kit:
Does this also provide GPS tracking and remote stop / engine immobilisation?
Old 7th September 2021, 15:31   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Does this also provide GPS tracking and remote stop / engine immobilisation?
Not sure about GPS tracking but Engine Off is possible via an add-on module which might not work in India since GSM service is locked to carrier. They do have a long-range remote with 2 way communication and other add-on modules for security and stuff.
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:28   #132
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please provide me the part number for K&N or BMC air / oil / AC filters for the Endeavour 3.2?

Also if BMC is there a dealer in or near Chennai, or who can ship to Chennai?
Old 18th September 2021, 11:53   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone please provide me the part number for K&N or BMC air / oil / AC filters for the Endeavour 3.2?
For BMC it is FB946/20 for the replacement of stock air filter
Old 31st October 2021, 20:19   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Continued issues:

Random jerks – this has been the most annoying part of the experience.
Quote:
I have faced similar jerking issues which has happened many times:-
Our endeavour 3.2 is also facing some random jerks at slow speeds and while upshifting. Hope it won't be a major problem.

Last edited by bblost : 31st October 2021 at 21:24. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 1st November 2021, 07:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Our endeavour 3.2 is also facing some random jerks at slow speeds and while upshifting. Hope it won't be a major problem.
Taking it to the service centre and first checking if it is just worn out transmission oil helps.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks