Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2020, 12:22   #106
BHPian

Re: The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Wow! The all LED setup looks really cool. I agree that this is the way it should come from factory.
Exactly, it's a missed opportunity with the Endeavour BS6 - the halogen fog lamps look like an eyesore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Your high beam LED and low beam LED conversion was done a while back isnt it? When we met in Delhi in June 2019 did it not have the LED in high and low beam?
That is correct
A.G. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 17:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Hey A.G, I am glad that you were able to add the tyre pressure values on your sync screen

I spent some time with FORscan and noted that there are no PIDs for tyre pressure values and tried to add the custom PIDs using Ford's predefined list.
Did this finally get sorted for you? I am in the same boat here.
Old 12th August 2021, 16:05   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Did this finally get sorted for you? I am in the same boat here.
Seems more of an adapter communication issue rather than anything else since Torque Pro is having the correct equations and I have tried my adapter with multiple phones over the years.
Old 12th August 2021, 16:15   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Seems more of an adapter communication issue rather than anything else since Torque Pro is having the correct equations and I have tried my adapter with multiple phones over the years.
Oh it shows on OBD and Forscan. Displaying it on the dash is the issue and I confirmed elsewhere that the hardware doesn’t support this for the model of Endeavour that I have.
Old 12th August 2021, 17:01   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Oh it shows on OBD and Forscan. Displaying it on the dash is the issue and I confirmed elsewhere that the hardware doesn’t support this for the model of Endeavour that I have.
If the TPMS data shows on the Android phone via the Torque app, getting it on the SYNC3 display is the easy part. Search for OBD2AA and you need to purchase it from XDA labs - just make sure to check if the phone is supported or not (I think only Xiaomi devices are not supported). Follow the steps outlined to start the Head Unit server and disabling Android Auto on phone and it should all work together.
Old 12th August 2021, 17:08   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the TPMS data shows on the Android phone via the Torque app, getting it on the SYNC3 display is the easy part. Search for OBD2AA and you need to purchase it from XDA labs - just make sure to check if the phone is supported or not (I think only Xiaomi devices are not supported). Follow the steps outlined to start the Head Unit server and disabling Android Auto on phone and it should all work together.
I only have an iPhone (and no scope of installing daemons on it or rooting / side loading it, given corporate apps) :(

Oh well. Worth a try anyway.
Old 17th August 2021, 17:19   #112
BHPian

Seventh Service Experience:

The seventh service was done in October 2020 with the lockdown ensuring close to 11 months for covering 10K Kms to reach 60K Kms mark. The service bill was Rs. 11,692/- which included close to 9 liters of Shell Fully Synthetic Oil, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Air Filter and some other minor aggregates with Alignment and Balancing.

Reaching before time to be first in que
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_1.jpg

Picture of Oil barrel
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_2.jpg

The only unusual issues were spanner slipping on lug nuts (replaced), rear brakes making creaking sound despite being almost new since they hardly covered 4k Kms (replaced but issue persisted) and the outer shield of a wiring loom getting slightly cut due to chaffing against the Engine plastic cover (corrective steps taken). One of the major issues of excessive Engine vibrations was not fixed at this time as it was found to be normal – in my opinion, the diagnosis itself was in wrong direction where the vibration was attributed being attributed to issue with Injector(s) creating an unnecessary doubt which lasted for next 5 months (more on this later).

Brake pads and lug nuts getting changed after drum brake shoe cleaning
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_3.jpg

New Brake Pads (didn’t solve the issue – avoid this part number)
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_4.jpg

Damaged protective shield of wiring loom
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_5.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_6.jpg

Post new insulation and padding
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_7.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_8.jpg

Waiting to be taken back home
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t48_9.jpg
A.G. is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:45   #113
BHPian

Resolving the pending issues from 7th service:

The vibrations at idling were really bothering. Coupled with the diagnosis of vibrations originating from faulty injector(s) elevated the issue to the next level. A purely technical issue went completely in the wrong direction from both Ford’s end and mine since I was fixated on having the injector(s) certified fit for use. Ford arranged a visit to home from nearest service center to record the injector parameters in cold and finally went to the extent of deputing a subject matter expert from plant to check the vehicle in person couple of weeks later – all in the midst break-up from Mahindra in January 2021 which is commendable.

On the basis of the recorded data, I had been informed that the injectors check out fine and there is no issue with them and the vibrations were also said to be normal in a 65k Kms driven vehicle by the expert. Long story short, with the injectors ruled out, in February of 2021 the staff at Harpreet Ford Sahibabad pointed out the root cause to be from the Engine mounts and their replacement completely addressed the issue.

Injector values being recorded
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_1.jpg

Waiting at the service center for diagnosis of issue
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_2.jpg

New Engine mounts addressing the vibration issue
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_3.jpg

Next up was the noise from the rear brakes – even with the new rear brake pads (Part number ending with 2200E) since the issue persisted, there was no clue what could be the solution. The general routine of cleaning the brakes was performed but this time even the front brakes were opened and checked. They had cracked at multiple places and some brake material had chipped off completely. Since warranty was not possible for the front ones, they were to be replaced out of pocket. Out came the surprise that Ford had drastically reduced the price of the Brake pads from earlier around Rs. 6000 for front ones to Rs. 2599 and the rear ones from Rs. 5500 to similar price. Both the front and rear brake pads were replaced with these new parts while offering exceptional braking, these brake pads have completely eliminated the issue of squealing sound form the brakes.

Damaged Front Brake pads
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_4.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_5.jpg

New Brake pads for Front (Part number H2MZ2V001C, Rear Brake pads Part number is H2MZ2V200C)
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_6.jpg

Just like BHPian ruzbehxyz, I had also been complaining about the Left side tilt since the front upper arm bush replacement. Finally that issue was also addressed with re-torquing of suspension as per process guided by Ford with alignment there-after. This brought down the difference in left and right ride height to with-in factory spec of 8mm. Further measurements with a person on driver seat resulted in measurements having negligible difference averaging out to 0.

Final measurements recorded and complied by myself
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_7.jpg

Points of measurement
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_8.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_9.jpg

I was thoroughly relieved that all the issues had been addressed since there was a get together planned in the end of February 2021 in Jaisalmer.

A teaser picture of from the ‘small’ meet-up of 25 Endeavour owners
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t49_10.jpg
A.G. is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 10:05   #114
BHPian

Installing the HKS Exhaust:

The first experience in HKS equipped Endeavour as a passenger was back in January 2019 and since then it was always in the mind. Finally took the plunge in December 2020 and got one for my Endeavour.

The 2 part exhaust
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_1.jpg

Kit containing nuts, bolts, washers, gasket, installation instruction and noise certificate
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_2.jpg

The carbon fiber-esque tip
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_3.jpg

With the handy pit available to go under the Vehicle, installation was fairly simple involving just swap of parts.

Comparison with Original Exhaust
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_4.jpg

Exhaust tip post installation
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_5.jpg

Overall the HKS exhaust made the note bit meatier with Turbo whistle as an added bonus but the real benefit was remap like behaviour - the acceleration gains were just amazing. For comparisons sake, a couple of non-scientific tests were done with stock Endeavour and the results were amazing.

From standstill

From 60kmph roll-on

The happiness was short lived and with the law specifically coming harsh on the aftermarket exhausts, had to remove the same despite having the certificate of noise compliance which came with the exhaust. It’s amusing to be selected for ‘random checking’ most of the times when visiting Delhi and in the eyes of law selling ‘banned’ items leading to so called modifications is right while installation of the same is wrong.

Another add-on is the Ford’s official cargo net which is very good at holding items inside.

Even this package comes with installation guide as well
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_6.jpg

Installed and put to use for holding the duster and umbrella
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_7.jpg

On a side note, it was a pleasant surprise to receive a memento from Ford with a note after being featured in one of their videos – these small touches really accentuate the Family wali feeling.
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_8.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_9.jpg
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_10.jpg

A couple of other mementos
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t50_11.jpg
A.G. is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 12:36   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in February of 2021 the staff at Harpreet Ford Sahibabad pointed out the root cause to be from the Engine mounts and their replacement completely addressed the issue.
Question - why were injectors suspected at all as vibration is usually wheel balancing, suspension, engine mounts etc that need to be checked and ruled out. I see that balancing, suspension re torque and engine mount replacement all had to be done to sort your issue out.

For me - when I moved a while back from 265 section MRFs to 285 section Michelin Primacy SUV, the pressure had been set to 35. Now I got it to 32 and the ride is much less bouncy and more comfortable.
Old 24th August 2021, 12:52   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Question - why were injectors suspected at all as vibration is usually wheel balancing, suspension, engine mounts etc that need to be checked and ruled out. I see that balancing, suspension re torque and engine mount replacement all had to be done to sort your issue out.
Vibrations at idle cannot be attributed to wheels and suspension. Only 2 things come into the picture - incorrect combustion (most commonly from a faulty injector) or faulty engine mounts. Since the fuel system checked out completely, only to eliminate the doubt the injectors were checked - that too since someone at Ford had commented that injector was having an issue. All it took was recording the data of all 5 injectors with their scantool and sending it for analysis which confirmed everything was in order. Post that the call on Engine mounts replacement was taken.

Quote:
For me - when I moved a while back from 265 section MRFs to 285 section Michelin Primacy SUV, the pressure had been set to 35. Now I got it to 32 and the ride is much less bouncy and more comfortable.
With larger tyre, you definitely need less pressure for a comfortable ride. Hope you have replaced the rim as well along with the upsized tyre. While the stock rim is able to take-up the 285 section tyre, you might start to see abnormal wear since the stock rim is not that wide - I had to replace the 285s after running for just around 45k kms due to an issue but the tread wear was pretty erratic and almost resembled that of over-inflated tyre despite having pressures not more than 30 PSI.
Old 24th August 2021, 13:42   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope you have replaced the rim as well along with the upsized tyre. While the stock rim is able to take-up the 285 section tyre, you might start to see abnormal wear since the stock rim is not that wide.
No it’s still on the stock rim but as I do alignment and balancing checks every 5k km at a store with Hunter equipment let us see what we shall see, anything at all will be caught early.
Old 26th August 2021, 17:12   #118
BHPian

Continued issues:

Random jerks – this has been the most annoying part of the experience. There is a 50-50 chance that while coming to a complete stop (say at a red light), the downshift jerk will be felt so hard compelling you to check the mirrors if you have been hit from behind by someone. Similarly during a sudden overtaking move on an undivided highway, there is 1 in 20 probability of having a jerky downshift where it feels like the revs just increase and then someone drops the clutch in race style. Recreating these issues at service center has been a challenge and those who acknowledge it verbally are unable to word it properly or find a solution for it

Door Visors cracking – had changed the first set thinking that the door visors might have had an external hit while cleaning or something else but even the replacement cracking up from the same point raised a red flag. The culprit seems to be the design and thickness itself which flutters at anything above 80 kmph – this repeated flutter is causing fatigue failure leading to cracking and then complete breakage.

Crack starting to appear
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t51_1.jpg

Crack completely breaking the door visor into 2 parts
The Built Tough Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium - Ownership Experience-ford-endeavour-t51_2.jpg
Old 26th August 2021, 17:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

The automatic transmission fluid needs to be changed only once every 250k km technically, but in severe conditions eg city driving, who knows? Changing it might help especially if it looks to have detiriorated.

Did you ask them to check the transmission and the clutch?

Quote:
Random jerks – this has been the most annoying part of the experience. There is a 50-50 chance that while coming to a complete stop (say at a red light), the downshift jerk will be felt so hard compelling you to check the mirrors if you have been hit from behind by someone. Similarly during a sudden overtaking move on an undivided highway, there is 1 in 20 probability of having a jerky downshift where it feels like the revs just increase and then someone drops the clutch in race style. Recreating these issues at service center has been a challenge and those who acknowledge it verbally are unable to word it properly or find a solution for it
Old 26th August 2021, 19:53   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Continued issues:

I have faced similar jerking issues which has happened many times:-
1) On a cold engine, when I accelerate very slow, there is a lethargic gearshift from 1st to 2nd. But from 2nd to 3rd, there is a jerk sometimes which is quite prominent.

2) While overtaking on single lane highways and when more torque is required, I floor the accerator sometimes and feel a jerk during upshifting from say 5th to 6th gear.

Never faced jerking during downshifting.

All in all, this is part of the infamous 6R80 gearbox which Ford till date has not been able to rectify 100%. Abroad the Ranger and Everest owners were fortunate to get a recall but in India, we always get step motherly treatment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks