Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 23:40   #106
BHPian

re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Finally the day came for delivery of the car. I went for ZXi AT Auburn Red.

Hand over was a smooth one. They explained important features of driving, especially since it is AT and it requires a while to get used to it.

I have couple of questions.

1. I am seeing a message on the dashboard stating the Engine off during idling is not enabled. I have asked the SA to come and check this issue.
2. The average mileage is showing around 4.3kmpl.
l hope this is will improve.
Old 28th March 2019, 01:45   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Congratulations sir.

Quote:
1. I am seeing a message on the dashboard stating the Engine off during idling is not enabled. I have asked the SA to come and check this issue.
From the owner's manual:

Quote:
NOTE: The ENG A-STOP system will not operate and engine does not stop automatically under the following conditions:

Engine auto stop function will be ready once the vehicle runs at a speed exceeding 6km/h after restart of the engine.

The audio and other electrical component can be used during the automatic engine stop, but the air conditioner will switch to the fan mode.

If the vehicle is equipped with an auto air conditioner, the fan speed will be limited during the automatic engine stop (only in the auto control mode) to keep the cabin air-conditioned for a longer time.
Check pages "3-26 to 3-30" in the owner's manual. You'll understand why that message appears in the MID.

Quote:
It will improve as kilometers are clocked.

Also reset the FE on the MID every refill so you can values for that particular full tank. Set that in the settings.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 10:28   #108
BHPian

Quote:

l hope this is will improve.
Congratulations! Wish you a happy miles ahead!
Don't worry about the avg mileage. It will start improving as you start crunching miles. For me it started with 8.x kms Petrol Manual. With a long drive it went up to 19+ and now during city runs I see 12+. All these are from MID
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 00:10   #109
BHPian

If this is an ownership report, wonder what would the review be from you. This is exhaustive coverage at its best - and is greatly helping me make an informed decision. Just what the doc ordered. Thanks so much!! Currently struggling to decide between the Ertiga and the BRV so much so that I was thinking of cancelling the booking given the long waiting period. This is becoming like a cat-n-mouse game.

Request a4anurag and fellow BHPians for help on some points below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
OTR value includes the price for the 5 years/1,00,000 kms extended warranty too. I forgot what the exact price was for it though, I think it was around ₹16,500.
Is it advisable to take the extended warranty later - say at the time of the first service or so? Asking from a pricing perspective. I am quoted Rs 16900. While the dealer says the cost for the extended warranty would be higher later, have heard that the service center may entice you with offers subsequently.

Quote:
Notice the cut-out on the extreme left for reverse camera that's available only in the ZXi+/ZDi+ variants
Is this a usable cut-out, one which can be used in case a reverse camera is installed later. Someone I know got the new Ertiga had a hole drilled in the bumper to put the camera - between the two parking sensors.

Music/navigation:
Am keen to have this installed. The dealer has offered to put one by Sony (XAV3000). This with a basic reverse camera sets me back by 30k - with not just the hole drilled in the bumper, but also with a bluetooth mic protruding out from the top right side of the car. It also replaces the aux/usb combo with its own usb dongle hanging out. So:
1 - Would you have any suggestions in regard to something which can offer me Android Auto/Mirror Link + reverse camera with guidelines. Something similar to the one in the Creta. The Sony XAV5000 is all what I could find on Amazon India.
2 - My fear of voiding the warranty. I do understand that if there are no wires cut, the warranty is not disturbed. But I am really not sure on how to ensure this if I get this installed from outside. Appreciate some tips.

Rear parcel tray:
I doubt if there will be a solution here particularly when the third row is reclining. But having lived with a 500 litre boot sedan, we are used to leave stuff in the boot hidden away from sight. Long trips do not require me to remove all my luggage at a stopover in transit. The floor compartment in the Ertiga's boot is not enough. Is there something which can act like a rear parcel tray for the boot. Not the Thule roof box.

Run-in period
How much is this. What is the max speed I can go at during the run-in period?

Thanks for the help.
Old 1st April 2019, 13:14   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackr View Post
Run-in period

Thanks for the help.
The owner's manual specifies run-in period as 960kms. There is no other indicated limit on speed of drive or rpm. It only mentions to avoid sudden acceleration or braking during this period.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 14:15   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Is it advisable to take the extended warranty later - say at the time of the first service or so?
Not compulsory to buy it on the day of purchase. I think there is a month or two time limit to buy the extended warranty. Like "buy it before 60 days from purchase date." Such time frames are available, check with your dealer for it.

Quote:
Is this a usable cut-out, one which can be used in case a reverse camera is installed later. Someone I know got the new Ertiga had a hole drilled in the bumper to put the camera - between the two parking sensors.
I think it is a usable cutout. I haven't opened the boot lid cladding to check on it. Shall check and see if it is usable or not. I'll never drill a hole in the bumper whatever may be the case.

Quote:
Am keen to have this installed. The dealer has offered to put one by Sony (XAV3000). This with a basic reverse camera sets me back by 30k.
30K for the XAV 3000 is too much. Check the link below.

Quote:
1 - Would you have any suggestions in regard to something which can offer me Android Auto/Mirror Link + reverse camera with guidelines.
Check this out:
Sony XAV-AX3000 AV Receiver with Android Auto and Apple Car Play (Black)

Buy this HU and buy the OEM reverse camera from MGP. Should do the job IMO.

Quote:
2 - My fear of voiding the warranty. I do understand that if there are no wires cut, the warranty is not disturbed. But I am really not sure on how to ensure this if I get this installed from outside. Appreciate some tips.
The harness should be available for Maruti cars (read in MGA) for HU to be a plug and play harness.

Whatever's modifications are done, be with the car.

Quote:
Rear parcel tray:
Is there something which can act as a rear parcel tray for the boot. Not the Thule roof box.
Nothing that I can think of.

Quote:
Manual says 960 kms.

Don't drive hard, keep the speeds varying and don't maintain constant speeds. Avoid lugging too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st April 2019 at 14:25.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 13:09   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Run-in period
Speed doesn't matter. What matters is the rpm of the engine. We have a separate thread on 'How to Run-In your new car'. Please do check it.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 14:23   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Is it advisable to take the extended warranty later - say at the time of the first service or so? Asking from a pricing perspective. I am quoted Rs 16900. While the dealer says the cost for the extended warranty would be higher later, have heard that the service center may entice you with offers subsequently.

The time lines are listed on the below website, you could scroll down and click on the options Gold, Platinum or Royal Platinum for the details.

Surprisingly they have not listed Ertiga there, but generally timelines are same for all models.

It also lists the parts covered & other terms and conditions.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/channel...ended-warranty
freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 13:33   #114
BANNED

ODOMETER & SERVICE UPDATE: ~11,000 kms
TIME TAKEN: 8 months

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20190911_1203461600x900.jpg

Nothing much to report here. 3rd service done yesterday, cost was ₹2,100.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 17:59   #115
BHPian

After second service at 4000kms, mileage still hovering around 11, including daily traffic free distance of around 15kms(@80kmph), rest in medium city traffic.
Is there still hope of improvement in mileage?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20190911_1309392.jpg  

Old 11th September 2019, 18:57   #116
BANNED

Quote:
After second service at 4000kms, mileage still hovering around 11..

Yes. Should increase as kilometres pile up. One needs to be gentle with the throttle pedal to extract good FE.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:59   #117
BHPian

Re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Quote:
Nothing much to report here. 3rd service done yesterday, cost was ₹2,100.
Hi Anurag,

Am considering XL6 AT and have gone through this thread. It covers all the aspects of the AT thoroughly. Thanks for the wondsrful thread. Rated 5 stars.

Need your suggestions on how will the XL6 AT/Ertiga AT perform with full load, say min 4 persons and luggage on highways as this will mostly be used on highways for a couple of years.

Also, what mileage can be expected on a highway with luggage.

You may refer to my requirements here..

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4665557 (Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4665624 (Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 2nd October 2019 at 11:06.
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:28   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Need your suggestions on how will the XL6 AT/Ertiga AT perform with a full load, say min 4 persons and luggage on highways as this will mostly be used on highways for a couple of years.
In city usage with 6 passengers, there was no issue at all. The engine is pretty frugal and responds well. Regarding highway performance, this car hasn't been loaded with more than three so I cannot comment on it.

I see no issues w.r.t reliability or performance-related with this engine + transmission combo. Yes, the transmission is set up keeping FE in mind and is very sensitive to throttle modulations (one has to be delicate to extract good FE). Any greater tap on the accelerator pedal, it downshifts very fast. 99% of the times, the car is driven in 'D' and 'if' any emergency overtaking is needed, just push the pedal further and it drops a gear or two in no time.

One thing I wished was better NVH levels that I shall be addressing by damping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Also, what mileage can be expected on a highway with luggage.
As this car is mainly for 'city' only usage, we haven't checked what FE it gives on highways at full load. In city traffic with 100% A/C it gives between 11-12.3 kmpl with a feathered throttle modulation. Get aggressive, FE drops below 10 kmpl.

However, this car done 1 round trip to Bangalore and 1 round trip to Bangalore with 3 occupants returning an average FE of 15kmpl.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 04:02   #119
BHPian

Hi Anurag,

I purchased the XAV-AX3000 HU and got it installed from a neighbourhood accessory shop, the only challenge now is the steering wheel controls do not work and the service advisor mentions I need a separate adapter. I have the same vehicle -Ertiga ZXI AT. Any tips?

Regards,
Ashwin
Old 7th December 2019, 09:33   #120
BHPian

Quote:
After second service at 4000kms, mileage still hovering around 11, including daily traffic free distance of around 15kms(@80kmph), rest in medium city traffic.
Are we rocking or what? This is combined driving in lesser and congested traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20191207_0738162.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks