Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2018, 00:32   #1
BANNED

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Old Ertiga OUT and new Ertiga IN but with a new heart this time!!

So here’s the review of our New Ertiga ZXi AT and this is the first Review on Team-BHP too for the New generation Ertiga.

Odometer at the time of writing this review was around 500 kms where 90% was done in city traffic and the rest 10% on the ORR.

What I Like
  • New and refreshed looks;
  • Increase in dimensions yielding better space inside;
  • City driveability thanks to the AT and a decent petrol engine;
  • Airy cabin thanks to that L.A.R.G.E glass area;
  • Complete VFM in its segment;
  • Overall comfort and ergonomics.
  • Flexible seating options (60:40 and 50:50 seats);
  • Flat bottom steering wheel and the New instrumentation console.

What I don’t like
  • The design chosen for the alloy wheels;
  • Steel wheel provided as the spare forcing users to follow 4 wheel rotation rather than 5;
  • Beige everywhere, I mean where human contact happens like carpet, door pads;
  • Lack of reverse camera;
  • Age old HU;
  • 4-speed AT that too in 2018!;
  • Poor fuel efficiency
  • "ORVM + Power window controls" on driver’s side door pad.

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-dsc_0909.jpg

Link to the ownership thread of the older Ertiga ZDi. Giving it as a reference even though it was hardly updated. The older one had clocked ~80,000 kms at the time of exchange and never has it let us down. Regular services is all that was required to keep running normally with no extra care and attention.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st January 2019 at 03:15.
a4anurag is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 00:36   #2
BANNED

Review Index

Review Index:

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th December 2018 at 21:55.
a4anurag is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 00:55   #3
BANNED

Booking, PDI & Delivery

Booking, PDI & Delivery

As it was already decided that our Ertiga ZDi would get replaced by the new generation Ertiga, life was peaceful. No need to run around TD'ing cars, shortlisting them, talking to SA's to finalise and negotiate etc. Due to lower usage, it was a no-brainer that the petrol engine is what will be chosen but the only headache was which transmission option to opt for. The petrol engine would be on offer with a 5 speed MT and a 4 speed AT (Torque Converter). As soon as the booking were open, our SA called and asked if we wanted to book it for a sum of ₹11,000 with no cancellation charges if the booking is cancelled in future. For the sake of it, we paid the amount and filled the booking docket.

For the colour choices, white was found to be the best hence zeroed down on that colour. As this would be driven in the 'city only', driving comfort and ease was of topmost priority which meant we needed to check how the automatic transmission felt in city traffic. Being in regular touch with the SA, it was sad that no AT vehicles were dispatched from the factory even as "display vehicles". Read through a few reviews and decided to get the top most available AT variant.

With the month of December starting, we weren't keen on getting a 2018 manufactured car so first thing we did was to inform our SA and ask him to hold the booking and to place an order sometime in so we could lay hands on a 2019 manufactured car. On the 14th December, our SA informed us that there could be a price hike in the range of ₹35,000 – ₹45,000 from 1st January so if required and we wished to, they could deliver the car before year end saving us from that price hike. After a day’s thinking, we agreed and gave them the go-ahead to deliver whenever they receive the shipment.

Tyre pressures found at PDI
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-tyre-pressure-delivery-time.jpg

Manufacturing code for the Bridgestone Ecopia tyres
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-bridgestone-ecopia-ep150-dot-code.jpg

VIN decoded
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-vin-decoded.jpg

Simultaneously informed the guys at Maruti True Value so they could initiate the evaluation process for the older car and give us their best quote for exchange.

Pricing Details:

Ex-Showroom: ₹ 9,95,000
Life Tax (@ 12%): ₹ 1,19,410
Insurance: ₹ 45,441
Registration Charges: ₹ 2,300
Accessories: ₹ 12,800
OTR @ 12% LT: ₹ 11,84,023
Exchange Value (For old Ertiga): ₹ 6,00,000

Net Paid post exchange: ₹ 5,80,000

OTR value includes the price for the 5 years/1,00,000 kms extended warranty too. I forgot what the exact price was for it though, I think it was around ₹16,500.

On the 21st December, we got the message from our SA saying the car is ready for delivery. Was a straightforward delivery as we wanted it to be simple with no cake cutting etc. We had requested for premium seat covers and floor mats as accessories to be installed prior to the delivery that was duly done. Seat covers are good but the floor mats don’t cover the carpet fully.

Box of chocolates given at the time of delivery
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20181223_124120.jpg

Key FOB
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-key-fob.jpg

At the temple!
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20181221_192604.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2019 at 07:20. Reason: minor typo
a4anurag is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 01:42   #4
BANNED

Exterior

Exterior

From the older generation that we had, this new design is subtle in certain areas and eye-catching in certain areas. The design team has done an excellent job in packing the exteriors proportionately without the addition of creases all over the car. The front and the rear of the car are where the maximum number of changes can be spotted when comparing to the older generations and one tends to give a second look when passing by. Just like the Ciaz, the new generation Ertiga gets projector equipped headlamps that are standard across the range giving the car a premium look compared to the older one that had reflector-type headlamps. The bumper too is completely redesigned where the lower part of the bumper in black plastic where the central top part of the bumper (where the number plate is mounted) is in body colour. When viewed from distance the black cladding design looks like a "handlebar moustache" of a man . The fog lamps are placed at the extreme ends surrounded by the black plastic cladding. The upper grille which is studded with chrome is the attention grabber when seen from the front. Loaded to the max with chrome, the slats are at regular intervals. The Suzuki ‘S’ badge is in the centre of the grille in chrome but gets almost masked thanks to the overload of chrome in the background. Coming back to the headlights, the grille and the way they are put on the car, take cues majorly from two cars, one is the BMW 3-series in the way the headlight and chrome grille merge into one another and the second cue is the overall design language w.r.t the headlamps where it takes some inspiration from the ones on the Innova Crysta. The design of the hood is flat and raised rather than the sloping one of the older generation. The hood on the newer generation gets two thick creases on the outer edges that end at the grille and the central part of the hood has two thin vertical lines giving a minor power bulge kind-of look.

The overall stance of the car when seen from the side is similar to the outgoing generation but the raised hood feels as if the car stands taller than earlier one. The front two doors still retain their original shape as the wheelbase remains unchanged but there are two sharp creases on them. On the top, is the shoulder line running from the front fender till the tail lamp and another crease at the bottom part of the two doors. The increase in length as advertised can be spotted in the increase in the 3rd row + boot area. Everything in terms of length is same from A-pillar to the C-pillar with the major change happening at the gap between the C-pillar and D-pillar. The rear quarter glass is now larger than the outgoing model which in turn has increased the airiness especially for the 3rd-row passengers, plus they get a better view of the outside world. The designers have done it in such a way that the rear quarter glass meets the rear windshield giving it a “floating-roof” feel. Door handles that were earlier body coloured even in 'Z' variants are now in chrome for the 'Z/Z+' variants whereas the 'V' variants get them in body colour and the 'L' variants sport it in black. Door lock/unlock buttons provided on both the driver’s side and passenger’s side door handles which is a great feature that is missing in my Creta that gets it only on the driver's side handle!

Coming to the rear of the car, the tail lights are what grab all of the attention which resembles the ones on the 2018 Honda CRV’s in a subtle manner. The sad part is, most of it is dummy plastic and only the lower right outer part is functional. A chrome strip runs across the boot lid between the tail lights and beneath this is where the registration plate is mounted. Boot opener and a lock/unlock sensor is present in the centre. To the left of this is a plastic piece that covers the hole where the rear camera is mounted in the ZXi+/ZDi+ variants. The rear bumper is redesigned too with a matching "handlebar-moustache" like design as seen on the front bumper albeit this being in body colour. Thank God no extra chrome has been used on the rear part of the car keeping it plain and simple. Four parking sensors have been provided in the ZXi AT variant and two 'standard' slim reflectors on either end of the bumper. In the older generation Ertiga, the bumper used to protrude out a bit protecting the boot lid in case of a minor hit but in the newer one, it is flat and in-line with the boot lid. I’m sure many will add bull bars to the rear bumper for protection from two-wheelers and auto rickshaws. One can now spot the rear tow hook from a distance clearly which spoils the otherwise clean looks, I wish it was integrated better (read hidden from view). This generation misses out on the rear fog lamp that was available in the earlier ones located at the lower part of the bumper in the centre. Another change that I could spot is how the rear wiper has been mounted compared to the older generation Ertiga. It was earlier on the boot lid above the chrome garnish whereas in this generation it is mounted on the rear windshield itself, wiping the glass completely in a semi-circle form. The HMSL (High Mount Stop Lamp) and the rear windshield washer nozzle spoils the look completely and I hate it. The earlier generation had five bulbs plus the nozzle integrated into a single piece that has not been split and placed separately beside one another. The HMSL is now smaller (4 LED’s) too and looks very odd.

No variant badging this time as compared to the older generation where the left side of the registration plate had ‘Maruti Suzuki’ badge and the right side had the ‘Ertiga’ + ‘Variant’ badge one below the other and cars that came equipped with ABS had the sticker on the right hand lower corner of the rear windshield. When the Ertiga had received a minor facelift, the chrome garnish above the registration plate had the ‘Ertiga’ engraved in it. For the new generation Ertiga, they have chosen to be minimal which lends a clean look to the rear. Emblems are placed on the lower end of the boot lid where the left side has the ‘Ertiga’ pasted whereas the right side gets ‘Smart Hybrid’ emblem. No transmission or variant badges anywhere on the car. Also, the older car got a badge on front fenders depicting what engine is underneath the hood i.e. ‘VVT’ for petrol and ‘DDiS’ for diesel, in this generation that badge too has been skipped for the petrol variant but somehow they have given the same in cars with diesel engine.

Front view
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-1.-front-view.jpg

Front 3 quarter view
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-2.-front-3-quarter-view.jpg

Side view
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3.-side-view.jpg

Rear view
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-4.-rear-view.jpg

Rear 3 quarter view
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-5.-rear-3-quarter-view.jpg

New and completely redesigned front bumper with black cladding...
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-6.-redesigned-new-front-bumper-black-cladding-inserts.jpg

...that resembles "Handlebar" style moustaches as seen in the image below
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-7.-handlebar-moustache-resemblance.jpg

Round fog lamps provided at the either ends of the bumper and the tow hook attachment point is given on the left side of the chassis.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-8.-front-fog-lamp-tow-hook.jpg

Chrome studded front grille which is the attention grabber. More the chrome premium it is! :(
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-9.-chrome-studded-front-grille.jpg

Sleek looking headlights, I like the design. Low beam uses the halogen projectors while high beam is the regular reflector type with halogen bulb in it. Indicators are placed on the inner side of the headlight assembly. Parking/pilot lamps are regular halogen bulbs housed in the high beam barrel
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-10.-hl.jpg

Conventional type windshield wipers and two spray nozzles where each nozzle spews out 3 jets of water, not very powerful though and wipers feel a tad smaller for this windshield size. They don't cover the windshield area completely. Driver's side wiper is 22" in length and the passenger side wiper is 16".
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-11.-windshield-wipers-nozzles.jpg

Alloy Wheel (5.5J x R15). Bad design chosen IMO and will be a pain to keep them clean! The first generation one had the best alloy wheel design.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-12.-alloy-wheel.jpg

New Ertiga comes shod with Bridgestone Ecopia EP 150. Spec is same as before 185/65 R15.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-13.-bridgestone-ecopia-ep150.jpg

Aero flaps are placed ahead of the rear wheels
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-14.-aero-flap-ahead-rear-tyre.jpg

Just like the new front bumper, the rear too is redesigned and feels a bit sportier than the plain one of the earlier model.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-15.-rear-bumper-new-design.jpg

4 parking sensors provided on the bumper. Only aid for the driver that helps during reverse. No camera in this variant
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-16.-rear-parking-sensors.jpg

Reflector design is the same as the outgoing model that is placed on lower ends of the bumper. What's different this time is, the part that surrounds the reflector
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-17.-reflectors.jpg

New swanky tail light
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-18.-tail-light.jpg

The design seems to be heavily inspired by the 2018 Honda CR-V albeit a few changes. See the following image for comparison and better understanding
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-19.-tail-light-inspired-honda-crv.jpg

Front overhang
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-20.-front-overhang.jpg

Rear overhang
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-21.-rear-overhang.jpg

The rear bumper hardly protrudes out from the boot lid. Rear bumpers are becoming more of a cosmetic part in a car rather than being functional. Expect a lot of dents on the boot lid if there is any minor accident. Notice how the lower part of the tail lamp extends into the rear quarter panel
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-22.-bumper-hardly-protrudes-out.-large-tail-lamp.jpg

New ORVM with premium LED indicators mounted on the sail panel
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-23.-orvm-led-turn-indicator.jpg

ORVM borrowed from the S-Cross
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-24.-orvm.jpg

'Ertiga' emblem on the left of the boot lid
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-25.-ertiga-emblem.jpg

'Smart Hybrid' emblem on the right of the boot lid
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-26.-shvs-emblem.jpg

Door handles in chrome
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-27.-door-handles-chrome.jpg

Door Lock/Unlock buttons provided on both the driver's side and the passenger's side. Excellent decision Maruti
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-28.-door-lockunlock-buttons-both-handles.jpg

Handle to open the boot lid and also the button to lock/unlock the boot individually. Also seen are two bulbs that light up the registration plate. Notice the cut-out on the extreme left for reverse camera that's available only in the ZXi+/ZDi+ variants
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-29.-boot-lid-opening-plus-request-sensor-plus-registration-plate-lights.jpg

The boot is held up by two struts
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-30.-boot-held-up-two-struts.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st January 2019 at 04:33.
a4anurag is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 01:56   #5
BANNED

Exterior (Images) - Continued

Continuing from the previous post.

Same L.A.R.G.E. rear door where the glass rolls down 99% of the distance
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-31.-large-rear-door.jpg

High Mount Stop Lamp and the rear windshield washer nozzle mounted beside in black. Looks bad and wish the integration was like the outgoing model where the washer nozzle was in the HMSL itself
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-32.-hmsl-wash-nozzle.jpg

Rear wiper now is mounted on the rear windshield itself rather than the boot lid as earlier. The rear wiper arm is 10" in length.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-33.-rear-wiper.jpg

The same old long antenna placed in the front of the roof
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-34.-same-old-antenna-front.jpg

Strong shoulder line from fender to the taillight and another crease on the lower part of the doors that raises upwards as it reaches the rear wheel arch
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-35.-shoulder-line-crease-bottom-part-doors.jpg

Larger glass area than before
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-36.-large-glass-area.jpg

New rear quarter glass for the third-row passengers
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-37.-new-large-sized-rear-quarter-glass.jpg

Markings on the rear door glass
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-38.-markings-rear-door-glass.jpg

Markings on the rear quarter glass
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-39.-markings-rear-quarter-glass.jpg

A thin rubber sheet placed in between where the two glass panels meet
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-40.-rubber-sheet-between-boot-lid-glass.jpg

Ribbed roof for structural strength
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-41.-roof-reinforncements.jpg

Tyre pressures chart on the driver's side B-pillar
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-42.-tyre-pressure-chart.jpg

Fuel filler cap. No indication of what it gulps in i.e. Petrol or Diesel. New owners either get a sticker on the lid or go out and stand while refuelling
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-43.-fuel-filler-cap.jpg

Rear tow peeps out of the rear bumper. Looks odd and should have been integrated better
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-44.-rear-tow-hook.jpg

Exhaust pipe and end can. Hidden properly even when seen from a distance
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-45.-exhaust-pipe-endcan.jpg

Rear Suspension (Torsion beam with coil spring)
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-46.-rear-suspension.jpg

Spare wheel (Steel wheel)
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-47.-spare-wheel-steel.jpg

Front wheel well liner
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-48.-front-wheel-liner.jpg

Rear wheel well liner
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-49.-rear-wheel-liner.jpg

Uneven gap that is larger at the top part and decreases as it reaches the headlight area
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-50.-gap-betwen-hood-fender-lining.jpg

Gap is even but I wish it was slightly tighter in terms of shut lines between the fender and the door
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-51.-gap-between-fender-lining-door.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st January 2019 at 04:41.
Old 29th December 2018, 02:07   #6
BANNED

Interior

Interior

Just like the exteriors where the maximum changes noticeable are at the front and the rear end, same is with the interiors too. At the front end of the cabin, it is the dashboard + steering wheel that is completely new whereas, at the rear, it is the 3rd row that shines with an increase in space along with the larger boot that signifies and summarizes the critical changes from the outgoing Ertiga.

Open the doors and one is welcomed by the sea of beige that is used everywhere from the roof liner to the seats, on the door pads and even on the floor carpet. Someone at Maruti must surely be obsessed with beige that they couldn’t realise that it gets soiled easily and maintaining it is a pain in our environment. Yes, beige interiors compared to black ones bring in an airy feel and a less-claustrophobic environment but the level of beige usage is a bit too much for my liking. They should have avoided in areas especially where human touch is the high for example floor carpets, armrests on door pads, gear lever and seats.

After a long time, Maruti Suzuki has finally got rid of that age-old yet classy dashboard design that was carried from the 2nd generation Swift along with the most commonly seen steering wheel in their portfolio. I'm happy that both these items have been put to rest. A new dashboard has gained entry into the Ertiga along with a flat-bottom steering wheel from the latest generation Swift/Dzire. The dashboard is multi-layered and all layers have their respective colour too. The top layer is in a grey shade that extends all the way till the base of the windshield followed by the second layer in black colour that houses the A/C vents, the HU and the instrument cluster picked up from the Baleno. Now coming to the third layer, Maruti has made use of wooden finish for a upmarket look that houses the hazard switch and the LED for security system and last but not the least the fourth layer in beige that houses the glove box, ACC, engine start/stop button and a cluster of buttons for traction control, headlamp leveller and Auto start/stop.

Getting into details let’s start with the flat bottom steering wheel which is a delight to hold even though it is not leather-wrapped, it does the job rather well. The horn pad is round in shape with a large Suzuki 'S' logo in the centre surrounded by a chrome ring underneath this is the driver’s side airbag. The steering mounted controls for audio can be found on the left side of the horn pad whereas the right side is empty. Buttons for Bluetooth and calling are provided on the left side lower part of the wheel below the horn pad. Feedback from the buttons is on the positive side with a muted operation. Wish Maruti had provided cruise control in the 'Z' variants just like Ciaz. The horn pad and the lower part of the steering wheel have a few rough edges that take away the premium feel. From the day the Ertiga was launched till this new generation, climate control was never offered in any of the variants and now finally Maruti has woken up and provided the same from the ‘Z’ variants. Easy to use and buttons are properly clearly labelled with adequate fonts that aid readability even in direct sunlight. The two sensors for appropriate functioning of the climate control i.e. cabin temperature sensor and solar sensor are present near the driver’s side left knee and on the top right of the dashboard respectively. The glove box is of the same size as the outgoing model and it still lacks the illumination and a cooling feature, a missed opportunity there! Stalks for headlight and wipers are slightly different in terms of design and have a muted operational feel to them compared to the earlier ones. Maruti has neither given auto headlamps nor auto wipers here. The other minor change is the switch to operate the front fog light which now sits on the headlight stalk itself rather than in the cluster of buttons near the driver's side right knee.

The HU in this car is nothing much to write about and IMHO it is the saddest part that I just hate. It uses the same mounting frame as the 7” smart-play system but is not really touchscreen type, Maruti refers to this as 'Electrostatic type'. It uses dotted style display where controls for volume adjustment are to the left of the HU and right part controls the 'next track/folder'. The top and bottom part have a horizontal yellow line running from end to end that looks neat in otherwise a dull screen. The bottom part has 6 buttons that let's one toggle between Radio, Bluetooth, AUX and system settings. Yet to figure on how to pair my mobile with that HU so have left it at that for now. Backlight for the display and buttons are in white that gets adjusted automatically when brightness is changed in the instrumentation console.

Instrument Console is another talking point of the interiors that have been picked up from the Baleno. I think Ertiga is the only ‘non-NEXA’ car to sport this console and dare I say it is fantastic (more on this later).

The other change one can spot is the front A/C vents on the dashboard where two outer vents can be shut off using the dial provided. The design is such that it feels that the vents run across the entire width of the dashboard but in reality they don't. The vents on the central console are on either side of the HU where the one of the right-hand side of the HU is smaller in terms of size as it is sandwiched between the HU mounting frame and the instrument console. For the second & third row passengers, the A/C vents are placed overhead on the roof liner with blower speed adjustment. This will throw out cool air only if the main climate control unit has the A/C running. Cooling efficiency was never an issue even when both front and rear A/C were being used in summer with passengers in all rows so nothing extra to write here.

Dashboard view - Driver's side
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-1.-dashboard-drivers-side-view.jpg

Dashboard view - Passenger side
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-2.-dashboard-passenger-side-view.jpg

Complete view of the Dashboard from the second row
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3.-dashboard.jpg

Runs deep till the base of the windscreen. Top part is pretty flat
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-4.-flat-huge-top-part-dashboard.jpg

Zooming in on the wood panel used, sober texture chosen
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-5.-zooming-wood-panel-texture.jpg

Storage bin near the lower right side of the dashboard, can hold some loose change and toll receipts may be
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-6.-storage-bin-near-steeing-wheel.jpg

New Flat-bottom steering wheel, sporty, great to use . Wish it was slightly meatier
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-7.-flat-bottom-steering-wheel.jpg

Stalks - For headlight and Wiper control
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-8.-stalks-light-wiper.jpg

Steering wheel controls for audio and Bluetooth on the left of the steering wheel. The backlight for the buttons is in amber
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-9.-steering-wheel-controls-backlight.jpg

Classy Instrumentation console with the large Suzuki 'S' logo appearing everytime the ignition is switched ON. All needles rest at the 6'O clock position
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-10.-instrumentation-console.jpg

Useless HU and that dotted display pattern of the bygone era
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-11.-age-old-hu.jpg

12V Power socket on the left side whereas AUX & USB is on the right with their respective flappy plastic covers
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-12.-12v-socket-usb-aux.jpg

Tweeters placed on the sail panel. The position of the tweeters has been changed from the top part of the dashboard to the sail panel on the door.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-13.-tweeter.jpg

Audio can also be controlled using the supplied remote.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-14.-remote-hu.jpg

Central console. Notice that it isn't in symmetry with the gear lever panels (read HU and the gear lever don't line up). Reminds me of the way it is in the Mercedes GLC, though it is symmetrical in the GLC
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-15.-central-console.jpg

The area around the handbrake
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-16.-handbrake-area.jpg

Front armrest with sliding feature
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-17.-front-armrest-sliding-feature.jpg

A small storage bin provided under the front armrest. Used a pen as a reference for storage size available
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-18.-front-armrest-storage-bin.jpg

Hazard switch placed under the HU and to the right, is the LED for the security system that blinks every 2 seconds when armed
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-19.-hazard-switch-security-led-light.jpg

Medium sized glove box. No illumination and no cooling is provided
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-20.-glove-box.jpg

Fuse box located behind the glove box underneath the security system module
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-21.-fuse-box-passenger-compartment-behind-glove-box.jpg

Automatic Climate Control and its amber backlight
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-22.-acc-backlight.jpg

The cabin air filter can be accessed by removing the glove box
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-23.-cabin-air-filter.jpg

Passenger side A/C vents
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-24.-ac-vents-plus-multi-layered-dashboard.jpg

The two vents on the extreme ends of the dashboard that can be closed via the dial provided
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-25.-vents-volume-control.jpg

The solar sensor located on the top right part of the dash where it meets the windscreen
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-26.-solar-sensor-acc.jpg

Blower controls for the second row A/C vents
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-27.-2nd-row-ac-controls.jpg

Driver's side A/C vent gets sandwiched between the HU frame and the instrument cluster
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-28.-drivers-side-small-ac-vent.jpg

Cooled front cup holder. Airflow can be closed via the dial provided ahead
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-29.-cooled-cup-holder.jpg

Notice how the HU is mounted and sticking out slightly. Owners looking to swap for better quality aftermarket HU's will need to wait for a wholesale till frames are designed
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-30.-hu-jutting-out-dashboard.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st January 2019 at 13:58. Reason: typo edited
a4anurag is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 03:03   #7
BANNED

Interior Part 2 with More images

Front door pad in beige with wooden panel inserted to break the monotony. Also seen is the bottle and magazine holder beside the front speaker. Notice that the front quarter panel glass that was present earlier has been omitted now and the tweeter occupies that place
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-31.-front-door.jpg

Driver's controls for windows & ORVM. Enough Said!
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-32.-driver-controls-window-orvm.jpg

Front seats
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-33.-front-seats.jpg

The longer handle adjusts the seat height whereas the shorter one is for the recline angle. To slide the seat back and forth, a metal bar is given at the base of the seat in the front
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-34.-seat-adjuster-arms.jpg

Clean and covered passenger side footwell.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-35.-passeneger-side-footwell-clean-covered.jpg

Seat back pockets on both the front seats
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-35.-seat-back-pockets.jpg

Engine start/stop is placed on the right of the steering wheel plus buttons to activate/deactivate the Auto start/stop and Traction Control (ESP).
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-36.-engine-start-plus-tc-button-its-backlight.jpg

Front cabin light (Off <> Door <> ON)
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-37.-front-cabin-light.jpg

Manual IRVM with Day/night lever at the base
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-38.-manual-dn-irvm.jpg

Clear view from the IRVM
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-39.-view-rear-irvm.jpg

Passeneger side airbag
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-40.-passenger-srs-airbag.jpg

Two average quality sun visors. No light provided on any of the visors.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-41.-sunvisors.jpg

The area around the driver's footwell. Although neat, it is not covered like how it is on the passenger side
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-42.-area-near-drivers-footwell.jpg

Pedals shared with other Maruti cars
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-43.-pedals.jpg

The floor carpet is in beige. Also seen is the 'so-called' dead pedal
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-44.-beige-carpet-used.jpg

OBD 2 port and hood opening handle. It is located quite inside the dashboard base. It was accessible easily earlier but one needs to bend to gain access
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-45.-obd-2-port-hood-opening-handle.jpg

Height adjustable front seat belts
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-46.-height-adjustable-front-seat-belt.jpg

The gear lever for the 4 speed TC
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-47.-gear-lever.jpg

Shift pattern ("P-R-N-D-2-L"). Backlight used here is amber like the rest of the area
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-48.-shift-pattren-backlight.jpg

Switch to activate/deactivate the Overdrive Mode
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-49.-od-onoff-switch-gear-lever.jpg

View from the driver's left shoulder. Thick D-pillar hampers the view. A reverse camera should have been standard in the 'Z' variants at least.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-50.-thick-d-pillar-hampers-rear-view..jpg

LARGE rear door. Feels similar in weight and dimensions as the outgoing model. 1L bottle holder and magazine holder at the lower part of the door pad.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-51.-rear-door.jpg

Height adjustable neck restraint
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-52.-height-adjustable-rear-neck-restraint.jpg

Rear seats with 60:40 split and armrest in the centre of the seat.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-53.-rear-seats.jpg

Lift this tab to recline and slide the seat ahead to gain access into the third row
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-54.-lift-tab-slide-rear-seat-3rd-row-access.jpg

Seat reclined and pushed ahead showing entry passage for the third-row passengers
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-55.-rear-seat-folded-3rd-row-access.jpg

12V socket and a small storage area. A mobile can be kept while charging it. Nothing else will stay in there as it isn't covered at the way it should
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-56.-12v-socket-storage-bin.jpg

Child lock on the rear doors. Slide it to the right to activate the child lock
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-57.-child-lock.jpg

Denso manufactured Li-Ion battery under the passenger's seat that is used by the 'Smart Hybrid' system
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-58.-liion-battery-under-passenger-seat.jpg

Rear cabin light placed just above the second row. This change in position helps illuminate the second and third-row properly and equally. In the earlier models it was located just behind the third-row on the edge of the roof liner
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-59.-rear-cabin-light.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st January 2019 at 05:35.
a4anurag is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 03:05   #8
BANNED

Interior Part 3 with More images

Anchors for the seat belts is now hidden under the floor carpet. Neat!
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-60.-seat-belt-anchor-tucked-under-carpet.jpg

Minimum & Maximum recline angle for the third-row
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-61.-3rd-row-recline-angles-min-max.jpg

A dedicated 12V socket, cup/bottle holder and armrest for the passengers seated in the third-row
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-62.-3rd-row-armrest-cup-holder-12v-socket.jpg

The larger and redesigned rear quarter panel that makes it airy for the third-row passengers
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-63.-3rd-row-larger-glass-area-seat-belt.jpg

Boot cover for the storage beneath is now larger and split 50:50.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-64.-larger-boot-cover-underneath-storage.jpg

Storage space provided
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-65.-boot-storage-area-now-larger.jpg

The space after folding the third-row
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-66.-3rd-row-folded.jpg

A plastic cap for the screw that is used for lowering/lifting the frame that holds the spare wheel
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-67.-cover-screw-holds-spare-wheel-dropping-lifting-mechanism.jpg

A dedicated housing for the jack, wheel spanner and tow hook located on the right side of the boot. All of them fit tight and padding also present to avoid rattles in future
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-68.-jack-tools-plus-padding-prevent-rattles.jpg

Small plastic flap covering the area between the dashboard and steering wheel.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-69.-plastic-tab-cover-between-dashboard-steering-wheel.jpg

A gap in the top part of the dashboard where it meets the door. Looks odd and the door pad should have been designed to close this gap just like how it matches the lower part of the dashboard
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-70.-dash-meeting-door-area.jpg

Minor rough edges on the horn pad are felt while using the buttons on the steering wheel
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-71.-rough-edges-steering-wheel.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th December 2018 at 17:59.
a4anurag is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 03:17   #9
BANNED

Engine & Gearbox

Engine & Gearbox

When one pops up the hood, one can see a lot of empty space around the front of the engine (read towards the radiator) and near the area near the headlights. The engine is mounted a bit lower at an upright angle as compared to the older K14B engine that was angled forward. This K15B engine doesn’t get any cover and looks pretty odd due to all that cabling/wires running around. The air intake is placed near the right side headlamp near the grille that draws cooler air through the plumbing onto the engine head where the air filter is placed. Two clamps hold the air filter housing and to gain access to the filter, one needs to lift the cover outwards revealing the orange coloured filter. On the right side of the bay towards the firewall is the ABS unit. Ahead of it is the Exide Conservo battery that is also used by the hybrid system. The ECU is supplied by Bosch which is mounted on the firewall at an angle that is easily accessible. The fuse box in the engine compartment is placed near the left suspension mounting area. What I didn’t like in the engine bay is the location of the coolant reservoir bottle; it has been squeezed in between the radiator and the frame. In general, that area is crowded with battery nearby and few connectors where one should be careful during coolant top-ups. I wish Maruti has chosen a better location especially when there is space available the windshield washer tank. The left of the radiator sees a vacant space thanks to no intercooler in this model so the grille and cladding have been blanked. The gap between the exhaust manifold and the radiator is around 7-8” IIRC and a metal plate has been provided to protect the radiator from the heat generated by the exhaust system. To the left of the exhaust manifold is the A/C compressor manufactured in India by Calsonic Kansei Group. The hood has two stickers with information on the two batteries used in the car i.e. Lead Acid in the engine bay and a Lithium Ion in the passenger compartment underneath the passenger seat. The car uses a low-profile mini ATM fuse for most of the circuits and a couple spare can be found on the lid of the fuse box along with the fuse puller.

Coming to the heart of the matter, the engine, this is the second car IMO to get this engine and transmission combination after the Ciaz. This is the new K15B 4 cylinder DOHC engine that displaces 1,462cc producing a peak power of 103 BHP @ 6000 RPM and a peak torque of 138Nm @ 4400 RPM. Witnessing a jump in power and torque by 12BHP and 8Nm respectively compared to the older K14B engine that developed 91BHP @ 6000 RPM and 130 Nm @ 4000 RPM. Cranking the motor and it starts silently with no vibrations/shakes. One can hardly notice the idling if all windows are closed and A/C is ON, a trait of a petrol engine. Power delivery is smooth and clean all the way from 1,500 RPM to 4,500 RPM. I haven’t gone above that though so can’t comment on the top end. The engine gets vocal when driven hard where upshifts happen late in the RPM range, it does give a feel that the engine is strained and doesn’t like to be driven hard. City driveability is commendable as it is smooth and responsive when throttle inputs are delicate and gradual.

The transmission in this car is a 4-speed torque converter supplied by Aisin. Nothing much to talk about it though but I am happy that Maruti chose a ‘better’ automatic transmission for the Ertiga rather than giving the useless and jerky 5 speed AMT found in various cars from its stable. Upshift generally happen between 1,800 – 2,000 RPM but if driven aggressively, upshifts happen above 3,500 RPM. I haven’t really noticed any flat spots while driving around the city but sometimes the RPM freezes (read hangs) a bit for a second or so before dropping when a gear change happens. When the car is on an open highway, the 4-speed transmission is what I feel acts as a limiting factor. It doesn’t let the driver enjoy all of those 103 horses available at the push of the accelerator pedal. This where I feel the 5 speed MT setup will shine in this car. I am not saying something is wrong with the transmission or it is useless, just that at this age (2018!!), the 4-speed unit feels out of place.

When the brake pedal is released while the car is standstill, it moves ahead smoothly and crawls at ~5 kmph without any throttle input. Gear changes are smooth and one can know that the transmission has changed gear. It is not violent or rough or jerky when gear changes happen, but the change is felt in the cabin in a smoother way. The gearbox gets an O/D Mode (Overdrive) button on the right side of the lever when pressed (O/D Off) the gearbox restricts itself to the first three gears and will NOT upshift to the 4th gear. Pretty useful when overtaking a truck/bus/trailer on state highways or narrow roads. A yellow icon (O/D Off) appears on the console informing the driver and to revert back, press the button again, the icon disappears and transmission upshifts immediately into 4th. No paddle shifters or manual mode is provided here. It is a plain “P R N D 2 L” shifting format where ‘2’ and ‘L’ are to be used on inclines/ghat roads. For daily driving ‘D’ mode is more than enough. In the ‘2’ mode, the transmission will stay between 1st and 2nd gear whereas ‘L’ mode will restrict itself to the 1st gear.

Here’s the list of RPM's when the transmission is in 4th gear at different speeds:
  • 60kmph @ 1,500 RPM
  • 70kmph @ 1,800 RPM
  • 80kmph @ 2,000 RPM
  • 90kmph @ 2,200 RPM
  • 100kmph @ 2,500 RPM
  • 110kmph @ 2,700 RPM
  • 120kmph @ 3,000 RPM

I haven’t gone above 120 kmph so can’t comment on it and how it feels in that part of the revv range. All I can say is from 100 kmph, the engine gets vocal and NVH levels go for a toss. For what we all know Maruti Suzuki is for, the “Kitna Deti Hai?!” mindset, the engine and transmission have been tuned for FE and nothing else. Driver’s looking for fun with this Ertiga, don’t buy it, look elsewhere. Answering the “Kitna Deti Hai?!” question, the worst FE achieved till date is 8.4 kmpl and best was 17.6 kmpl while I took it to work for 5 days over the ORR where I maintained speeds between 60 kmph to 100 kmph. City only efficiency achieved so far with a very light foot is between 10.2 – 11.8 kmpl. Hope it stabilizes and betters out as engine beds-in and gets serviced.

The Ertiga gets the Smart Hybrid system which uses two batteries in the car. It gets the auto start/stop system which helps maximize fuel efficiency by eliminating the unnecessary idling at traffic signal etc. As soon as the car comes to a standstill, say at a traffic signal or in bumper-to-bumper traffic, the engine switches off the moment the car reaches 0 kmph. Start/stop will work only when the driver keeps the brake pedal pressed and the gear lever in ‘D’ mode. The moment the pedal is released or say if one shifts to 'N', the engine comes to life immediately. There is a button on the right side of the dashboard to disable this auto start/stop feature if one wants but the car doesn't remember this and resets itself once the ignition is switched OFF so every time one will have to manually deactivate this feature. It also features the regenerative braking which gets activated while coasting in gear and while braking from speeds above 50 kmph where the power is used to recharge the battery especially the Lithium-ion one. This Li-Ion battery is used more by the auto start/stop feature so if the battery is low on charge, the auto start/stop feature doesn’t work. The manual also says during hard acceleration, the ISG will help the engine by giving that extra boost. I have no idea how that works though.

Coming to some specs and technicalities, this K15B is designed to run on SAE 0W-16 engine oil with an oil capacity of 3.1 litres. The change interval is 1 year/10,000 kms whichever is earlier. What a vague grade chosen by the engineers at Maruti for this engine. Fuel tank capacity is 45 litres and coolant needed including the quantity in the reservoir is 4.6L. The AT fluid in this car has a life of 11 years/1,60,000 kms whichever is earlier and the quantity needed is 5.0L and the grade used is “Suzuki AT Oil AW-1”, Suzuki Proprietary I presume. Spark plugs used in this K15B engine are NGK KR6A-10.

Large bay but the engine feels small here. A turbo and intercooler can be easily added
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-engine-bay.jpg

Insulation under the hood. Helps in terms of NVH as long as the RPM is below 3,000
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-hood-insulation.jpg

Decent level of insulation on the firewall too but nothing great
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-insulation-firewall.jpg

No protections for the underbody. One can see the road beneath
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-ground-seen-beneath.jpg

ABS Unit
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-abs-unit-behind-battery.jpg

A/C Compressor manufactured by Calsonic Kansei Group
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-ac-compressor.jpg

Exide Conservo Lead-acid battery
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-exide-conservo-pb-acid-battery.jpg

Two stickers informing the owner about the two batteries used in this car and their respective locations for easy reference when required.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-battery-related-warning.jpg

Fuse box in the engine compartment located to the right of the battery. Notice the fuse puller plus the type of fuse used here - Low profile mini ATM.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-fuse-box-engine-bay-low-profile-mini-atm-fuse.jpg

ECU is by Bosch
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-bosch-ecu.jpg

Aisin supplied 4-speed Torque converter gearbox
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-aisin-supplied-gearbox.jpg

The engine air intake plumbing and filter placed above the engine
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-air-intake-air-filter.jpg

Radiator and a metal plate is given to protect it from the heat generated by the exhaust
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-metal-plate-protect-radiator-plastics-heat-silencer.jpg

The area beside the radiator is empty which is where the intercooler is mounted in the diesel variants
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-area-beside-radiator-empty-due-lack-intercooler.jpg

Thin and long coolant reservoir sandwiched between the radiator and the frame of the chassis
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-coolant-reservoir.jpg

At every cold start, the RPM will hold at 1,500 RPM and after a while, it falls down to 800-850 RPM
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-cold-start-rpm.jpg

RPM @ 60 kmph in top gear
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rpm-60-kmph.jpg

RPM @ 70 kmph in top gear
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rpm-70-kmph.jpg

RPM @ 80 kmph in top gear
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rpm-80-kmph.jpg

RPM @ 90 kmph in top gear
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rpm-90-kmph.jpg

RPM @ 100 kmph in top gear
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rpm-100-kmph.jpg

RPM @ 110 kmph in top gear
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rpm-110-kmph.jpg

RPM @ 120 kmph in top gear
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rpm-120-kmph.jpg

PS: All the above images were taken using mobile holder mounted on the steering wheel. So don't pounce on me thinking I've hand-held the mobile while driving around.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th December 2018 at 19:47.
Old 29th December 2018, 03:35   #10
BANNED

Ride and Handling; Comfort & Ergonomics and Features

Ride and Handling; Comfort & Ergonomics and Features

Ride and Handling

Smooth and comfortable is what I can conclude in 5 days and 500 kms of driving. During the short drive that I took after PDI done by the dealership and before I could do my PDI, the ride was harsh so checked the air pressure and found it at 55 psi in all four tyres. Reduced it to 31 psi in all 4 tyres after which it was supple and much smoother in the city filtering out all small bumps and undulations. The car comes set with McPherson strut with coil spring suspension at the front and Torsion beam with coil spring type at the rear. Nothing has changed here which was the same as the outgoing model so overall ride remains similar to the outgoing model. Even the tyre specification is the same as the earlier one at 185/65 R15.

Body roll is noticeable when taking corners fast and one has to let go the throttle so the car doesn’t lose composure. The roll is pronounced above 55 kmph but below that, it is stable enough. The body roll is not like how one feels being driven in a Xylo or Scorpio (no offence to respective owner's), it is well controlled. The suspension setup is tuned for city driving limits and as a people mover so hard cornering etc is best not done. The steering weighs well at all speeds and especially at city speeds the assist is spot-on helping manoeuvre the car easily around in the bylanes of the city. At parking speeds, it is a delight to use and I haven’t found any kind of dead spots in the centre or for that matter any kind of over-assistance anywhere. The ‘Return-to-centre’ happens in a smooth manner and comes back fully to the centre. Nowhere in the city and/or during my short stint with the Ertiga on pothole-filled roads has it bottomed out with 5 passengers even though the ground clearance is lesser by 5mm now at 180mm. Vertical movement is well controlled and also nose-dive is less while braking.

At highway speeds, the car is stable and maintains its composure well and the steering weighs up beautifully giving complete confidence whoever is behind the wheel. I also haven’t noticed any swaying due to crosswinds on the ORR.

Comfort & Ergonomics

Comfort was never an issue with the Ertiga since Day 1 hence it was decided that it would be bought again as it was liked by all at home. Seats are slightly larger I feel than the older generation and harder in terms of cushioning. This could be due to the 'premium' seat covers that we’ve added. Under thigh support is decent and the same goes for the lower back support too in both the first and second rows of seating. The height adjustable driver’s seat makes it a breeze for drivers of any height to find their comfortable position easily. Seating flexibility is great with 60:40 split for the second row whereas the 3rd row gets a 50:50 split. All three rows get height adjustable headrests and dedicated seat belts too. Ingress/Egress with respect to the third row has improved a lot as the length has increased yielding more room for foot movement inside.

The wheelbase being same as the outgoing car rated at 2740mm, space available in the first two rows of seating hasn’t changed much. Boot space has gone up from 135 litres to 209 litres (all rows up). The boot has a covered compartment underneath to store away stuff that one doesn’t want the world to know that it is kept in the car like a laptop bag etc. The jack, tow hook and tools needed to change the wheel is tucked on the right side of the boot in a compartment designed to fit them snuggly along with padding provided to avoid rattles. Airiness in the cabin is great thanks to large glass area and beige interiors used making life inside easy for all passengers even the third-row ones who now get a larger quarter glass giving out a better view of the world outside. Adults in the third row can be seated for short journeys in the city but for those highway runs, children are best suited there. Recline angles are pretty good in both the second and third row making travelling around in ease and comfort. Wish Maruti had focussed a bit more on improving the NVH standards of the car as it was always at the back of the mind thinking some window must be open slightly letting in noises from outside. Wind noise is heard above 100 kmph and tyre noise filters in from 80 kmph. Don't know what rackets these Bridgestone Ecopia would create as they age and harden. Had this been my daily drive, I would have used damping sheets on all the four doors, boot and spare wheel so it decreases the noise infiltration into the cabin.

All controls, knobs, buttons fall in hand easily without any stretching required be it for the driver or the passengers. Glove box too can be reached easily from the driver’s seat. Wish Maruti provided a proper deal pedal especially in the auto variant as the left leg has no job to do so it can rest well. What is provided is a black rubber pad over a minor bump that doesn’t feel that great as the one provided in my Creta.

Features

The new generation Ertiga gets a total of 10 variants for both petrol and diesel variants. Here's how the variants stack up in the New generation Ertiga:

Petrol MT: LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+
Petrol AT: VXi AT and ZXi AT
Diesel: LDi, VDi, ZDi and ZDi+

A big thanks to the product team at Maruti for providing a ‘Z’ variant with the automatic transmission that was missing in the older generation Ertiga. AT was provided only in VXi that lot lost a lot of critical features.

Safety related:
The new generation Ertiga gets Dual airbags, ABS, EBD with brake assist, ISOFIX (2nd-row seats), seat belt pre-tensioners & seatbelt reminder for both driver and passenger along with speed alerts that give out a beep intermittently at 80 kmph and continuous beeps at 120kmph. Overall safety wise, the features mentioned above are standard across the range which is commendable and the ZXi AT variant gets two extra features i.e. Traction Control (ESP) and Hill-hold feature. Other features that are available in the 'Z' variants over the 'V' variants are front fog lamps, front seat belt height adjustment, rear defogger and rear wash/wipe. Rear wash/wipe is a feature that is a must in all variants which makes its importance felt in the rainy season, in turn, increasing visibility area for the driver.

Audio related:
This is where the ZXi AT disappoints me the most thanks to the useless HU given in this variant that feels from the ’80s. It is not a touchscreen type but the controls are ‘electrostatic type’ (that’s how Maruti addresses it) with a dotted display and white backlight. Music is played through 4 speakers located on each of the doors and two tweeters mounted on the sail panel. Connectivity options provided are USB, AUX and Bluetooth with controls for music and calling on the steering wheel. The ZXi+/ZDi+ variants get 7” touchscreen smart play unit that features Android Auto, Apple Car Play, inbuilt navigation and voice command system. This system costs somewhere near ~₹65,000 and the dealership is ready to retrofit the same before delivery if one is ready to pay the premium. Steep I’d say for an OEM setup.

Creature comfort related:
The ZXi AT gets passive keyless entry system so the front door handles get lock/unlock buttons (on both front doors) so the key FOB can rest in your pocket and needn’t be taken out to lock/unlock the doors. This also means that the car gets an Engine Start/Stop button located on the right side of the steering wheel so no twisting the key here. The other biggest advantage of getting the ‘Z’ variant in the AT is the inclusion of automatic climate control that was missing in the earlier variants. Set the desired temperature and hit the ‘auto’ button and let the computer work it out for you while you travel in comfort. All 3 rows get 12V sockets in the ‘Z’ variants whereas in the ‘V’ variants the sockets are provided only for the first and second row. Another minor addition over the previous model is ‘cooled’ front cup holders that get a dial too to control the airflow.

Comfort wise for the first row passengers, Maruti has provided an armrest that has a sliding top which would help short drivers rest their elbows in comfort on the go. The armrest has a small storage bin too. Electrical adjustment and folding of the ORVM are carried from the previous refresh which was available only in the ZXi/ZDi variants but that’s not the car now as it gets from the ‘V’ variants. The ORVM folding option was missing in the first generation Ertiga even in the 'Z' variants.

The other talking point is the instrumentation console, especially the one in petrol variants. It was an excellent decision that they decided to choose the one from the Baleno. This one feels quite premium and hosts a lot of data in it too. What the petrol variants get over the diesel's cluster are two small analogue gauges for fuel and coolant temperature in addition to a 4.2” colour TFT screen acting as the MID. Two large pods where the left dial reads out engine speed marked maximum till 8,000 RPM with redline beginning from 6,500 RPM whereas the right dial displays the vehicle speed marked till 220 kmph. Four needles rest at 6 O’clock position. The fuel gauge is housed on the right inside the speedometer dial whereas the coolant temperature gauge is located inside the engine speed dial. Thank God that the fuel and coolant temperature gauge hasn’t been skipped out or gone digital, happy that it is in analogue form. Clear and legible fonts used with backlight in white. The console has a 4.2” MID that reads out a myriad of information like clock, two trip meters, odometer, gear position indicator and outside temperature. Also one can find a total of 10 screens in the MID that display the following data apart from the above mentioned:
  1. Instantaneous fuel consumption / Average fuel consumption / driving range
  2. Instantaneous fuel consumption / Average fuel consumption / 5-minute average fuel consumption
  3. Average speed / 5-minute average speed / Driving time
  4. Total idling stop time / Total idling fuel saved (if equipped)
  5. Clock and date
  6. Motion
  7. Torque and power
  8. Accelerator and brake
  9. Energy flow (if equipped)
  10. A Blank screen

To toggle through the various screens as well as the trip meters, two stalks protrude out from the console at the base on either side. Left stalk controls the trip meter and the right one is for scrolling through the ten screens of the MID and to access the various settings provided. Also if one rotates the right stalk when lights are ON, the brightness can be changed as desired. It is okay in terms of operation but is flimsy to handle.

Instrumentation Console, great choice by Maruti!
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-untitled-1.jpg

Two round dials displaying engine speed and vehicle speed with analogue gauges for coolant temperature and fuel
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-dual-pods-two-stalks-jutting-out-either-ends.jpg

10 screens of the 4.2" colour TFT screen. Created a .gif out of the various screens available in the MID.
Name:  freegifmaker.me_2dU9G.gif
Views: 53937
Size:  1.53 MB

Two pages for the settings in the MID that can be accessed by holding the right side stalk for 3 seconds in ignition mode
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-1.-mid-setting-pages.jpg

Sub-setting for units for FE, Language, Sensors, Temperature, Alarm, Antitheft, Units for distance and when should the FE be reset
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-2.-pages.jpg

Settings for the clock
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3.-clock-setting.jpg

Settings for the door lock/unlock. When 'speed syncro' is selected, the doors lock once speeds reach 15 kmph
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-4.-door-lockunlock.jpg

Settings for activating/deactivating the lane change indicator
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-5.-lights-lane-change.jpg

'Successful' is displayed when a setting is changed in the MID
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-6.-when-setting-changed.jpg

Another .gif showing the gear position indication on the MID i.e. "P-R-N-D-2-L"
Name:  freegifmaker.me_2dU9P.gif
Views: 52881
Size:  1.04 MB

MID individually displays which door is open. Same is there for the boot lid too. Notice the icon on the left side of the revv counter. The indications remain ON till all doors are closed properly. The driver is alerted by a beep if any of the doors are open and the car moves.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-all-doors-plus-boot-open-indication-mid.jpg

The engine is off but the gear lever is not in 'P' position before starting the engine, the MID instructs to shift the gear lever into 'P' and press the brake pedal before cranking.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-car-stopped-engine-switched-off-not-park-mode.jpg

A drive summary is presented everytime the engine is switched OFF. Also, the second indicates the imaginal 'G-forces' that were acting on the car's body while in motion.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-data-after-engine-shutdown.jpg

Engine and ignition OFF, doors open but lights are still ON, the MID throws this warning along with a continuous beep alerting the driver to switch OFF the lights
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-ignition-off-lights-warning-mid.jpg

Reverse parking sensors display on the MID
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-parking-sensors-display-mid.jpg

When auto stop feature is enabled and comes into action, a green icon appears on the top left of the console
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-when-auto-stop-engaged.jpg

If the auto start/stop feature is manually disabled via the button on the right of the dashboard, a yellow icon appears displaying 'A-OFF'. Similarly, the icon for Traction Control (ESP) is seen on the top right part of the console if and when it is manually disabled (NOT recommended)
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-start-stop-off-tc-off.jpg

Amber coloured icon for Overdrive (O/D) Off mode appears if it is done by pressing the button on the right of the gear lever. This means that the Overdrive mode is disabled and the gearbox will NOT shift to the 4th gear.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-od-off-indication.jpg

Worst and Best FE achieved till date. Currently, the average FE is at 11.1 kmpl
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-worst-best-fe-achieved.jpg

Indication on the MID if the gear lever is NOT in 'P' position after the engine is switched off. Also for the car to completely switch OFF, the gear lever must be 'P' position else it remains in the 'ACC' mode.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20181229_190408__01.jpg

Warning message keeps flashing continuously if the key FOB is not inside the car or is undetected.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-screenshot_20181229192224__01.jpg

Warning on the MID displayed if the Auto start/stop feature is not available, say due to low charge in the lithium-ion battery etc.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-dsc_1132.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st December 2018 at 00:11.
a4anurag is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 03:52   #11
BANNED

Lighting Output & Details

Lighting output shots

The headlights in this car are equipped with projectors for the low beam and reflectors for the high beam. No HID/LED provided. The manufacturer for the headlight is India Japan Lighting (IJL).

Here are the specifications of the various lights used in the car:

Low Beam: H11LL rated at 55W manufactured in China by Philips

High Beam: HB3 9005 rated at 60W manufactured in the USA by Sylvania

Front Indicators: WY21W rated at 21W

Rear Indicators: PY21W rated at 21W

Parking Light & Registration plate light: T10 rated at 5W

Fog Lamps: H16 rated at 19W manufactured by Osram in Germany

Cabin Light: Festoon rated at 10W

Stop & Tail Light: LED's

Reverse Light: T15/W16W rated at 16W

Sticker with QR Code by the Headlight manufacturer - IJL. Also seen is the pattern of the headlight reflector (RHD)
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-hl-manufacturer-ijl.jpg

Beautiful headlight with projectors that uplifts the looks
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-10.-hl.jpg

The rear side of the Headlight.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-low-high-beam-bulbs.jpg

Three bulbs. L to R: Low Beam; High Beam and Foglight
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-all-3-bulbs-low-beam-high-beam-fog-light.jpg

Lighting related specifications from the owner's manual
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-screenshot_20181218021402.jpg

Headlamp: All lights ON (It is actually yellow in colour, not sure why the mobile picked it in white shade). Colour temperature is somewhere around ~3500K
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-headlight-all-working.jpg

Projectors for the low beam are not that great in terms of spread and luminosity even when rated at 55W thanks to this limiting factor as seen below, the lens, it is Fresnel type, killing the output completely
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-fresnel-lens-used.jpg

Parking lights ON
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-parking-lights-.jpg

Round fog lamps
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-8.-front-fog-lamp-tow-hook.jpg

Fog lamps ON illuminating the area ahead of the car brilliantly.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-fogs-lights-.jpg

Tail light - beautiful design but most of it is a dummy.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-18.-tail-light.jpg

All lights glowing. All regular bulbs used except for the Tail/Brake lights that are LED's (4 in number)
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-tail-light-all-working.jpg

Here's how the lighting is in the real world:

Only fog lamps ON
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-1.-fogs-only.jpg

Low beam only
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-2.-low-beam-only.jpg

High beam only
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3.-high-beam-only.jpg

Low beam + Fogs
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-4.-low-beam-fogs.jpg

High beam + Fogs
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-5.-high-beam-fogs.jpg

Cut-off pattern from those low beam projectors
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-6.-cut-off-pattern.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th December 2018 at 23:37.
a4anurag is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 04:04   #12
BANNED

Pictorial Comparison with the older generation Ertiga

Pictorial Comparison with the older generation Ertiga

Thanks to BHPian interc00led for convincing his cousin for lending us his Ertiga for an hour or so till we could click some images to compare the changes that have been done. The blue Ertiga in the pictures is a two-year-old ZXi that's sparingly used (5,500 kms run in total).

Front end: Completely different and unrecognisable when seen head-on. The downward sloping hood has been taken away for a taller and flatter hood line. Striking changes are the lower part of the bumper, upper grille and the headlight.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-front-view-old-vs-new.jpg.jpg

Overall height remaining similar, not much has changed on the sides. Also seen are new ORVM picked up from the S-Cross that are mounted ahead of windows rather than on the door panel as on the S-Cross.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20181225_143814.jpg

Hood being taller & flatter than the older car, the new generation feels as if it rides taller even though the overall height of the new one has gone up just by 5mm.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-front-3-quarters-view-old-vs-new.jpg.jpg

Side View: All changes in design are seen after the rear axle thanks to the 100mm increase in the overall length
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-side-view-old-vs-new.jpg

Rear View: The older design was much cleaner to look at (read sober) and boot lid was flat with hardly any creases but the new one has quite of a lot of creases and shapes. See the difference in terms of looks that a change in tail light design can do!
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rear-view-old-vs-new.jpg.jpg

New tail light, redesigned bumper and larger rear quarter glass summarize the changes happened
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20181225_145007.jpg

Rear 3 quarters view
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-rear-3-quarters-view-old-vs-new.jpg

Alloy wheel designs from the three generations of the Ertiga. First generation one still looks the best out of the lot. Damn the new generation design.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3-gen-alloys.jpg

Front Fog lamps - Design changes that have happened over the three versions of the Ertiga.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3-gen-fogs.jpg

Rear quarter glass - Larger now
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3-row-glass.jpg

Gone are those large reflector only headlights that have now been replaced by a sleek looking projector+reflector combination. Indicators have been reposition from top of the headlight to the inner side of the headlight.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-hl.jpg

Large swanky tail light which looks great compared to small simple one of the earlier generations
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-tail-light.jpg

'Ertiga' emblem from the three versions. Positions were different too in all three versions.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-ertiga-emblem.jpg

Engine Bay. Notice the position of the coolant reservoir in the K14B that was a sensible location compared to the one on the K15B.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-engine-bay.jpg

Dashboard
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3-gen-dashboard.jpg

Steering wheel design
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-steering-wheel.jpg

Buttons on the right of the dashboard for headlamp leveller, parking sensors etc.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3-gen-buttons.jpg

Instrument Console. The older one was simple but the new one is classy to look and equipped with a lot of information
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-instarument-console.jpg

Head unit
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-hu.jpg

A/C Controls. Earlier ones were manually operated but now the 'Z' one gets ACC.
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-ac.jpg

The area around the handbrake
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-handbrake.jpg

Seat height and recline adjusters
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-seat-adjustment.jpg

Boot space with 3rd row up
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-boot-space-old-vs-new.jpg

Storage space in the boot, lot large now
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-boot-storage-bin-old-vs-new.jpg

Space with the third row folded
Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-3rd-folded-old-vs-new.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st December 2018 at 00:09.
a4anurag is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 21:45   #13
BANNED

Videos

Here are a few videos that I have shot:

Gradual acceleration from 0 to 100 kmph, one can see how the car upshifts when driven normally. Shall do a 0-100kmph test in the way it should actually be done after the 1st service and oil change

The new speed warnings at 80 kmph and 120 kmph can be heard in the below video.

Engine auto start/stop working

Overdrive Mode (O/D) functioning. Notice how the RPM shoots up as soon as O/D mode is switched OFF dropping the gear from 4th to 3rd. When the button is pressed again, RPM drops instantly and gearbox selects the 4th gear

Working of the Smart Hybrid

Here's how the new instrumentation console during engine startup and shut down.

Last but not least, signing off with two images with my Creta.

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20181230_155334.jpg

Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT-img_20181230_155406.jpg

Thanks for reading guys. Hope you all liked it.

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st December 2018 at 13:07.
a4anurag is offline   (93) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 11:05   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 14:16   #15

re: Review: My 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZXi AT

Its like reading the official review from Team-BHP. You have covered almost all the related topics which one looks in new car. First of all Congratulations to you for this fantastic review. Hope you have millions of miles with your new ride.
i had opportunity to ride old Ertiga quite a few times. So whats your opinion about when you drive the car above 100 kms/hour, is it still gives you the same noisy feeling. Some time in old ertiga i felt about its under power nature, hope now in new one they have rectified the same.
I still feel that it is the best family car in this segment.

Enjoy the ride with your family and your this thread will surely act as base for purchase decision for New Customers of New Ertiga.
KartJ is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks