Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th April 2020, 00:20   #46
BHPian

Default Re: My pre-worshipped Volkswagen Polo GT TSI with lots of DIYs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hey TheLizardKing,

Could you please give an update on the Bilstein B6s? It’s been a while since you installed them, how much have you driven since? How’re they holding up? My Vento has done ~26,000km and while my stock dampers are holding up well, I’m not satisfied with the ride and “thud” noises on Mumbai’s roads.
Hi. Sorry for replying so late. The Bilsteins are a little on the stiffer side for my liking, frankly. Most of my driving is inside the city, and I don't have to tell you how bad the condition of Mumbai roads is. But I have no regrets, because on the rare occasions where I get to enjoy the suspension, it is a magical experience. Quick lane changes do nothing to disturb the car's composure, and I've forgotten the feeling of the front of the car dipping under braking and rising under acceleration. The "thud" noises do not really go away though. I suggest you experience them firsthand in another car (preferably a Vento) before taking the plunge. They're pretty expensive, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen_yc View Post
Hey TheLizardKing, Amazing thread buddy!
The efforts and enthusiasm are clearly visible through your posts.
I have a Carbon Steel Polo GT TSI 2016 as well, I live in Powai, I'd love to check your car out sometime in flesh, hit me up.
Hope you have many more Happy Miles with your car !
Hey thanks so much. Hope we will run into each other at one of the meets. I'd be happy for you to check my car out. Always a pleasure to show her off to fellow enthusiasts.
Old 1st May 2020, 15:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Hi. Sorry for replying so late. The Bilsteins are a little on the stiffer side for my liking, frankly. Most of my driving is inside the city, and I don't have to tell you how bad the condition of Mumbai roads is. But I have no regrets, because on the rare occasions where I get to enjoy the suspension, it is a magical experience. Quick lane changes do nothing to disturb the car's composure, and I've forgotten the feeling of the front of the car dipping under braking and rising under acceleration. The "thud" noises do not really go away though. I suggest you experience them firsthand in another car (preferably a Vento) before taking the plunge. They're pretty expensive, after all.
You're right, I'll try experiencing them in a Vento before taking the plunge. Moderator Suhaas told me that you also have cobra springs with the B6 dampers, could you tell me what your experience has been like with this setup?
Does the car sit any lower than stock and how's the ride quality changed since you switched to cobras?
Old 4th May 2020, 00:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
You're right, I'll try experiencing them in a Vento before taking the plunge. Moderator Suhaas told me that you also have cobra springs with the B6 dampers, could you tell me what your experience has been like with this setup?
Does the car sit any lower than stock and how's the ride quality changed since you switched to cobras?
My pre-worshipped Volkswagen Polo GT TSI with lots of DIYs-20200105_091931collage.jpg

Hi. Yes of course the car sits lower! That is the whole point of putting in lowering springs, isn't it? I haven't driven the new setup enough to give you any useful feedback, I'm afraid. The Bilsteins themselves are so stiff that I can't tell if the ride has gotten stiffer with the Cobras. I definitely love the lowered stance. But on the flip side, the rear mudflaps invariably touch the top of tall speed breakers when there are passengers in the rear seat.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed