Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2020, 12:31   #61
BHPian

Re: Scratching the sports car itch - My BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
Congrats on the M2, Reesnat! A special car and a superb review!

I can recognise the street from your pictures as I live just a few streets away. I visit the bistro nearby once in a while and I'm pretty sure I've seen your car in the area and admired it. Never thought I'd end up seeing it here on Team-BHP . The Hockenheim Silver sure looks stunning in person! Congratulations once again.
Thank you, neighbour! please feel free to stop me next time we cross paths, and say hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
This is usually vague and depends on many conditions. A 0.1 second difference is not a lot and I think that's a really good time in real-world conditions. Maybe under the ideal conditions, it might do 0-100 lm/h run in less than 4.2 seconds?
The spare heavily compromises the boot space and its a strict 2-seater for long drives. Sad to see that but how often do M2 owners take it out on long drives with 4 onboard?
Thanks for your comment.

I checked out the launch control out of curiosity more than anything else, no intentions of dragging it. But, yes it’s possible under good conditions it will do 4.2 and under.

The spare wheel and tyre definitely takes up the boot, but I’m glad it’s there. It gives me confidence to take the car on longer trips and have a proper spare if needed. I’ve only done city trips with 4 on board and it’s been perfectly serviceable. For longer trips, yes it can be tight in the rear seats. It’s a trade off right If you want more backspace, it becomes bigger and loses the small car handling/charm. That’s what the M3 is for, actually.

Last edited by Reesnat : 3rd May 2020 at 12:35.
Reesnat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 14:22   #62

Congratulations!
The car looks fabulous in this color! You have got an amazing set of machines
deepakpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 17:31   #63
BHPian

Wow, Thats an amazing buy buddy. Fantastic written review, those alloys and I love the Blue color in M2 but even this color looks good
Puneet0051 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 17:47   #64

Congratulations on getting one of the best M cars currently on sale! I love the way it looks and can only imagine how fabolous it would be behind the wheel.

Wishing you safe and happy miles! Keep reporting.
pradyumnakalagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 19:28   #65
BHPian

That is some serious fun stuff, you've got there! The disks are mouth watering along with that low profile tires looks confidence inspiring for sure. Very intimidating package (including the price!) indeed. Most of Ms I have seen are either Black or Blue and this is refreshing. I like the seats which looks pitch black without any other flashy colors. Drive safe mate.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 23:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on this purchase! The M2 was one the few sports sedans that I really loved from the BMW stables. Don't get me wrong, I love BMWs but from the brief of the orignial executive sedan that was the 3 series every generation has been growing progressively bigger and the M versions more distanced from their volume brethren.

The M2 retains that dimension connect coming in a small but powerful package. I am sure you would be having a whale of a time!

How are the service intervals like? Is it fixed mileage or running based when the car indicates that it is ready to go in for a service?

The lack of technical handover befitting the M brand is no surprise. I think you should also take care to ensure that the service centre understands the special nature an treats it accordingly as well not as a regular BMW. A lot of times these folks are not upto date about cars aimed at the enthusiast. Reading through a bunch of handovers of luxury cars on T-BHP, the Lexus handover and the pickup experience was that one that to me really felt worthy for a luxury brand. I think these marquees have to improve a lot in this respect.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 00:37   #67
BHPian

A VRS as a family car and an M2C for fun. A dream for many petrol-heads out there. Many Many congratulations on the purchase of M2C which many are striving hard to reach there one day. Any plans to take her out to the neighbourhood MMRT track sometime post lockdown where you’ll actually get to test the mettle? Even an experience at the BIC would do worthwhile. From there you can maybe look at modifying it the way you want it. Do take special care with fuel quality. Even our superbikes get choked with bad fuel.
Congratulations again and wish you safe and happy Miles ahead.

Cheers
Amey

Last edited by Amey Kulkarni : 4th May 2020 at 00:51.
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 10:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakpk View Post
Congratulations!
The car looks fabulous in this color! You have got an amazing set of machines
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Wow, Thats an amazing buy buddy. Fantastic written review, those alloys and I love the Blue color in M2 but even this color looks good
Thank you, yes the Blue is one of my favs too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyumnakalagi View Post
Congratulations on getting one of the best M cars currently on sale! I love the way it looks and can only imagine how fabolous it would be behind the wheel.

Wishing you safe and happy miles! Keep reporting.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
That is some serious fun stuff, you've got there! The disks are mouth watering along with that low profile tires looks confidence inspiring for sure. Very intimidating package (including the price!) indeed. Most of Ms I have seen are either Black or Blue and this is refreshing. I like the seats which looks pitch black without any other flashy colors. Drive safe mate.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Congrats on this purchase! The M2 was one the few sports sedans that I really loved from the BMW stables. Don't get me wrong, I love BMWs but from the brief of the orignial executive sedan that was the 3 series every generation has been growing progressively bigger and the M versions more distanced from their volume brethren.

The M2 retains that dimension connect coming in a small but powerful package. I am sure you would be having a whale of a time!

How are the service intervals like? Is it fixed mileage or running based when the car indicates that it is ready to go in for a service?

The lack of technical handover befitting the M brand is no surprise. I think you should also take care to ensure that the service centre understands the special nature an treats it accordingly as well not as a regular BMW. A lot of times these folks are not upto date about cars aimed at the enthusiast. Reading through a bunch of handovers of luxury cars on T-BHP, the Lexus handover and the pickup experience was that one that to me really felt worthy for a luxury brand. I think these marquees have to improve a lot in this respect.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Thanks! The service intervals are condition-based and the car dictates that and you're right, I have to closely monitor how the service center handle the car, I don't believe it gets the added care that befits it.

Interesting to hear about the Lexus delivery experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
A VRS as a family car and an M2C for fun. A dream for many petrol-heads out there. Many Many congratulations on the purchase of M2C which many are striving hard to reach there one day. Any plans to take her out to the neighbourhood MMRT track sometime post lockdown where you’ll actually get to test the mettle? Even an experience at the BIC would do worthwhile. From there you can maybe look at modifying it the way you want it. Do take special care with fuel quality. Even our superbikes get choked with bad fuel.
Congratulations again and wish you safe and happy Miles ahead.

Cheers
Amey
Thanks! Yes taking it to MMRT is definitely on ASAP
Reesnat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 10:53   #69
BHPian

This is truly an amazing car. I too, was going through cars looking to upgrade a while back and had my sights set on a pre-worshipped M3 with 9K on the clock when good old Corona put barkes on my plans. CF bits will bring out the best, but for now enjoy the car stock. It's new and will give you no trouble at all. Drive safe and make her proud.
Moontan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 11:20   #70
BHPian

Congratulations on a most desirable car. Looks fabulous. Please post some driving footage on a curvy stretch when u get a chance.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 11:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Three direct injection turbo petrols under one roof! You truly are a petrolhead.

The thing with Asian cars these days is there aren't as many that are performance oriented. Almost none. Once iconic Japanese cars you see in Fast N Furious are no longer made. The few that exist are not even sold in India. I doubt if there will be a market for it, even if they did. For similar money, you'd rather buy German. That said, there are some new launches such as Kia's Stinger and Hyundai's i30N. The latter is a serious threat to a VW Golf R and Honda's Civic Type R. Off course, not to be compared to the M's and AMG's. Lexus still have their GS F. The last of the naturally aspirated champs and you finally have the dated and not so relevant Nissan GT R. With the Germans, its almost raining performance editions of every model in the line up. Mercedes have a proper fast AMG right from the A Class to the S.

I was not too surprised about your observations on the Skoda vRs. It isn't a track tool. Was never designed to be. Where it shines is flat out on the highway. Between a budget Mercedes or Audi, for the enthusiast, I'd still pick the Skoda for sheer driving pleasure.

I believe some amount of weight is important for a performance cars. I don't see any other way of putting down power effectively, even with all the electronic aids in place. You need traction to put down power effectively.

Was surprised by your views on the Audi S5. I thought it was seriously fast and fun. Feels very agile owing to the all wheel drive system. Being critical, I would say the only fault is the usual numb Audi steering wheel. Otherwise; it is a riot. Once again; it is not in the league of M's and RS series but cuts it really close on engine performance.

Sheer driving pleasure? Naaa. With an M, you have the Ultimate Driving Machine. Congratulations.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 4th May 2020 at 11:35.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:29   #72
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful looking car. Feel good just looking at the car, I can imagine what you might feel when driving it Somehow the looks are better in smaller Beemers while the bigger ones keep getting uglier.

I think for driving pleasure, the size of the car matters a lot. As cars become bigger, the pleasure drops and they need to develop new cars at the lower size end to keep it up. 20 years ago when Lexus IS was developed and it outdid the 3 series, its chief engineer said the same about 3 series !
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:55   #73
BHPian

Thanks for sharing, It was an interesting read. I have fantasized about owning a sports car and your report gave me a closer look at the factors that go into consideration when buying a sports car in India. Especially, the ground clearance, maintenance, rear seat which is super useful when taking your family on ice cream runs, The high octane fuel requirement and the added fun-factor of rear wheel drive machines compared to all wheeled ones.

Fabulous color choice-Hockenheim silver. Enviable garage with the red Polo and blue VRS. Glad you had the time to write this report. That mean angry-looking face of BMW clearly makes me drool.

Enjoy your machine and keep updating. Cheers.

If budget was not a concern what would be the top 5 machines that you would like to own and why?

Last edited by Godzilla : 4th May 2020 at 13:00.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 16:46   #74
sgm
BHPian

What a collection in your garage, buddy.
All of them heartthrobs of enthusiasts, and to top it all, a gorgeous looking and entertaining M2C
Congratulations, thanks a lot for sharing and an excellent write up.
sgm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 18:29   #75
BHPian

Hi Reesnat,

Congratulations for an awesome buy!!

Just a quick question, did you ever consider compare the M2 with Mustang? I think they are the only ones on the right side of the 1Cr mark.

Great buy, enjoy some zippy miles now
Ashwin Morey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks