Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2023, 11:16   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2023 Garage Update | M2C vs M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesnat View Post

So what’s the conclusion? I see many comments about how the M340i is 95% of the performance at half the price of an M3 or something to that effect, purely based on 0-100 numbers, I can’t help but chuckle a bit every-time I read one of those. There is so much more to these cars, than just straight line speeds, if you don’t get that, you aren’t the target audience for them. There is no free lunch in life (surprise!). Expecting the M340i to do it all and replace dedicated sports cars is a fallacy. It’s a great car thats a fantastic blend of performance and daily usability, and in that regard it’s probably one of the best ever. But, the M2C delivers a whole lot more of that cliched ‘drivers car’ emotion that we crave, which is so much more than just going fast in a straight line.
I have to concur, I just took my M3 to the Buddh Circuit for an event this past weekend. And while the 40i's are shockingly good in a straight line which lead to some embarassing moments on the drag strip. I have to mention on the track day there were no where in the picture.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 09:11   #182
BHPian

Considering letting go of the car

After a lot of consideration, I've decided to put my M2C up for sale. Why? It makes business sense for me to do so now.

It's been an incredible 3 years with this car, loved every single minute of driving it, it's the most I've loved any car, and one that will always remain a classic in my books. In the future, we will look back at the M2C as one of the icons of the sports car scene in India. No other car in India, past, current (or maybe even future) will ever offer this much bang for your buck as a pure driver focussed sports car - RWD, tons of power, tons of driving character and a playful but very capable chassis.

As much as I've loved and learnt from this car, time for me to consider other experiences. Car is absolutely immaculate without a single scratch on it, taken care of and driven only by me, and is currently under extended warranty and BSI+ service package. So for anyone interested in this beauty, feel free to get in touch.

As to what I am planning to upgrade to, etc, I have some options I'm considering but upgrading from a car like the M2C is very, very difficult unless you are prepared to spend a LOT more money, which I cannot commit to right now. So better to keep this conversation for another time
Reesnat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:29   #183
BHPian

Goodbye F87 M2C

Scratching the sports car itch - My BMW M2 Competition-b6984c3cfc514465bd1af039f4ad98ef.jpeg

Final update on my F87 M2C - it’s sold and on its way to a fellow enthusiast in Mumbai and will share the garage with some wonderful cars.

Was really sad to see it go, so many wonderful memories with the car, it’s been a real joy and truly blessed that I got to experience and own it. A future classic for sure!

As for me - planning is on for a replacement
Reesnat is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:37   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scratching the sports car itch - My BMW M2 Competition

^ that’s a great farewell picture we are sad to lose out on your M2C ownership updates, all the best with your next chapter.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 16:08   #185

Re: Goodbye F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesnat View Post
Attachment 2436286

Final update on my F87 M2C - it’s sold and on its way to a fellow enthusiast in Mumbai and will share the garage with some wonderful cars.

Was really sad to see it go, so many wonderful memories with the car, it’s been a real joy and truly blessed that I got to experience and own it. A future classic for sure!

As for me - planning is on for a replacement

To new beginnings @Reesnat.

I'm sure you'll find the right set of wheels to beat your 1.55/1.56's at MMRT

And thanks so much for a taxi ride in that M2C at MMRT - was so much fun to sit in and get a first hand experience of the little beast in its element on track.
Speedrider75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 20:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

Hi Reesnat, I have thoroughly enjoyed your thread, re-read it a couple of times but did not comment as I had nothing of significant value to add, or queries that needed inputs.

But will definitely reach out to you now as I enter the BMW ecosystem shortly and have a lot to learn and execute - can't drive stock cars. :|

Booked the G87 M2, goes into production in July and delivery expected in October. Thanks in advance to you and everyone else, for the insights you'll be sharing with me, and needless to say, with this purchase I look forward to my active engagement with the TBHP community, once again.

Last edited by manveet : 27th June 2023 at 20:26.
Old 27th August 2023, 19:12   #187

Hi Reesnat -

Your articulation on the M2 has been very informative. Thanks for that.

A query : I am planning to bring home the BMW M340i, Shadow Edition.

I was wanting to swap to tubeless. But, the dealer is saying that BMW could void the warranty. Is this true in the sense that we still take a punt and swap ?

Also, appreciate if you could please share costs on the ‘swap’. How much were you compensated for the buyback and the costs for the new P4PS tubeless.

Many Thanks.
Old 29th August 2023, 08:41   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Hi Reesnat, I have thoroughly enjoyed your thread, re-read it a couple of times but did not comment as I had nothing of significant value to add, or queries that needed inputs.

But will definitely reach out to you now as I enter the BMW ecosystem shortly and have a lot to learn and execute - can't drive stock cars. :|

Booked the G87 M2, goes into production in July and delivery expected in October. Thanks in advance to you and everyone else, for the insights you'll be sharing with me, and needless to say, with this purchase I look forward to my active engagement with the TBHP community, once again.
Thanks! Congratulations and all the best with your purchase! I'm planning to get one as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeEight View Post
Hi Reesnat -

Your articulation on the M2 has been very informative. Thanks for that.

A query : I am planning to bring home the BMW M340i, Shadow Edition.

I was wanting to swap to tubeless. But, the dealer is saying that BMW could void the warranty. Is this true in the sense that we still take a punt and swap ?

Also, appreciate if you could please share costs on the ‘swap’. How much were you compensated for the buyback and the costs for the new P4PS tubeless.

Many Thanks.
Thanks and Congratulations to you on the M340i!

Dealers as usual will offer close to nothing for the stock tyres. I had sold them in the aftermarket as new to a dealer for some 45k or so for the set.

* Marked (BMW Spec) PS4S is an approved standard fitment across the world for the M340i, if sourced through BMW India I don't see how it could void warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks