Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 00:05   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys!!
any news about the new Gurkha (SWB) 4x4!! Do they accept bookings now??
I believe they do take bookings now. The delivery is next month end, that's how it has been since May. The delivery is always next month end, the clock resets every month.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:43   #137
Senior - BHPian

I checked with them today and they said they are not taking any bookings as of now (because of uncertain availability).. He told me that they are expecting the vehicle about 90 days from now but they are not sure...

One more thing I heard from Khivraaj today is its going to be about 9L OTR !!! the Ex-Showroom price may be around 7-7.5, 90K lifetime tax + 30-40K registration and all... if this is true, its no more an economical solution for an adveture sport vehicle...

Can anyone who already booked the vehicle comment here about the approximate price of the vehicle they have been given??
again, it seems its going to be TD 2650 FTI Euro-II only.

Would it be wise to wait for Gurkha with OM611!! I guess they are going to start selling other traveller ranges with this engine soon..

Last edited by Ketan : 24th October 2007 at 16:50.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:15   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One more thing I heard from Khivraaj today is its going to be about 9L OTR !!! the Ex-Showroom price may be around 7-7.5, 90K lifetime tax + 30-40K registration and all... if this is true, its no more an economical solution for an adveture sport vehicle...
That's a lakh extra than before. Is there some improvement in seats/luxury elements to justify that increase? Now they are competing with lower trims of Scorpio and Safari.

Quote:
Would it be wise to wait for Gurkha with OM611!! I guess they are going to start selling other traveller ranges with this engine soon..
Going by the behavior of Force Motors, it would be wise not to wait at all, look elsewhere. I wouldn't trust them until I see Gurkhas parked at the showrooms.
Old 24th October 2007, 17:41   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Going by the behavior of Force Motors, it would be wise not to wait at all, look elsewhere. I wouldn't trust them until I see Gurkhas parked at the showrooms.
I second that! From experience(bitter) of having had invested my hard earned money towards a product iam yet to see.
Old 7th November 2007, 15:27   #140
BHPian

Samurai,

What news on the Gama. I was going thru this thread (after a long time surgfin Team-bhp)..

Members from our Jeep Club (Jeep Thrills) have ordered for about 6 pieces I think. 2 Gurkha's are on their way to Bangalore, as I type this mail. Delivery will be hopefully by Monday.

I am replying to the thread, cause I want you to think of an awesome colour scheme. Just google for Land Rover Camel Trophy .. U can rig up your machine in the same colour / accesories (if reqd.) .. It will look awesome. Come to think of it, I saw a couple of School Vehicles which were Gama's and they were in Yellow Colour.. Man it was looking good.

Vivek
Old 7th November 2007, 23:52   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
Samurai,

What news on the Gama. I was going thru this thread (after a long time surgfin Team-bhp)..
Gama was a NO GO long back, they wouldn't deliver Gama 4x4 with A/C and BSIII engine. That was a deal breaker.

Quote:
Members from our Jeep Club (Jeep Thrills) have ordered for about 6 pieces I think. 2 Gurkha's are on their way to Bangalore, as I type this mail. Delivery will be hopefully by Monday.
I thought the Jeep Thrills guys were strictly M&M, but 6 Gurkhas sound great. Regarding delivery, I'll believe it when it happens.

Quote:
I am replying to the thread, cause I want you to think of an awesome colour scheme. Just google for Land Rover Camel Trophy .. U can rig up your machine in the same colour / accesories (if reqd.) .. It will look awesome.
How about the colour in the following link? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-team-bhp.html
Old 8th November 2007, 11:08   #142
Senior - BHPian

wow!! thats a news!!
@ Vivek!! are these guys getting their vehicles with OM611?? or TD 2650??

do you have any idea about the current bookings + OTR price for this vechicle?
thanks.
Old 8th November 2007, 16:14   #143
BHPian

Samurai,

One Hard Top and one Soft Top will be arriving at Bangalore anytime within this month end.

If I am not mistaken U would be Bhandari ....

Then if you are, your friend Raghavendra should be collecting the HT and delivering it to U sometime post that (thats what I was told)

The Soft Top goes to a guy in Bangalore who is again known..

Jeep Thrills is primarily a group dedicated to Jeep Enthusiasts. However we do encourage all other 4 x 4 vehicle's to participate in our off-road sessions etc.

Ketan
Cost of Gurkha (Bangalore)

Cost of Hard Top + AC is 7.2L Ex Showroom
Cost of Soft Top is 6.75L Ex Showroom

The engine is TD2650 .... Details and the latest broucher can be seen on
Picasa Web Albums - Vivek - Trax Gurkha

Vivek
Old 8th November 2007, 20:02   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Samurai,

One Hard Top and one Soft Top will be arriving at Bangalore anytime within this month end.

No, that would be my much younger first cousin. I just bought a Grand Vitara after waiting long for Gurkha.
Old 8th November 2007, 20:20   #145
BHPian

Is this with diff lock? The specs dont seem to say that?

Price increase seems high considering specs. Mine I was forced to take BSII, no-ac no power steering because I wanted 4WD. But it was only 5L ex-showroom. It is Gamma not Gurkha, so more space.

BSIII engine + Diff Lock (?) + A/c + Power steering (?) + Snorkel (-) Body size = 2.2 L may be not too bad?

It would be interesting to see after market cost of PS and AC assuming BSIII is not required or perhaps even a nuisance for off-roading or non-city use.

Quote:
Samurai,

Then if you are, your friend Raghavendra should be collecting the HT and delivering it to U sometime post that (thats what I was told)

The Soft Top goes to a guy in Bangalore who is again known..

Jeep Thrills is primarily a group dedicated to Jeep Enthusiasts. However we do encourage all other 4 x 4 vehicle's to participate in our off-road sessions etc.

Ketan
Cost of Gurkha (Bangalore)

Cost of Hard Top + AC is 7.2L Ex Showroom
Cost of Soft Top is 6.75L Ex Showroom

The engine is TD2650 .... Details and the latest broucher can be seen on
Picasa Web Albums - Vivek - Trax Gurkha

Vivek
Old 8th November 2007, 22:58   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxter View Post
Is this with diff lock? The specs dont seem to say that? Price increase seems high considering specs.
Yes, the Gurkha comes with 4x4 with diff locks, PS, AC, snorkel, extra water proofing and BSIII engine. That explains the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxter View Post
Mine I was forced to take BSII, no-ac no power steering because I wanted 4WD. But it was only 5L ex-showroom. It is Gamma not Gurkha, so more space.
I was offered the same choice, but I wasn't buying a SUV without AC,PS, and diff locks. So I waited long for Gurkha and then gave up.
Old 9th November 2007, 06:33   #147
BHPian

I missed that, the specs do say it has D/L.

BTW re PS, I dont really feel the need, except very tight reversals etc. The turning radius is quite large which is a bigger factor in terms of maneuverability than PS, IMHO.

Anyone knows where to get a snorkel? I have seen quite a few mounted in Pajero's in Srilanka along with a nice military type external fuel can. That looks one awesome beast!
Old 9th November 2007, 12:21   #148
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vivek,

Do you know what is the color of the metal top!! is it a combination of some other color with this black beauty or its all black!!!

Again, I want to know where did these guys book the vehicle from! was that Khivraj Motors who booked the vehicle for them?

@Traxter,
Turning radius of 5.8 (not sure if its same for your Judo as welll) is kind of okay for an SUV with 2750 WB. I guess other SUVs have got similar or larger turning radius.

Last edited by Ketan : 9th November 2007 at 12:25.
Old 9th November 2007, 12:34   #149
BHPian

Ketan,

They booked the same at Khivraj (near Mission Road) Bangalore.

Samurai,

So Bhandari is your younger Bro.. Small world eh!!!.. Hopefully you guys will join us for an off-road session sometime soon..

January is when the Jeep Thrills Annual Event for Bangalore happens .Lets see.

Vivek
Old 14th November 2007, 12:25   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So, did the delivery happen on Monday, I heard it was dealyed by a week.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks