Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 15:16   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yeah, I know. It simply doesn't make sense to own a sedan this place if one can afford a SUV. That's how I started on the Gurkha journey and ended with GV.

Yup, that's him. No, delivery has not happened. Actually he has waited much longer than 7 months, it is more like 10-11 months.
In lighter vein -
If one can wait for 11 months for an SUV, doesn't that indicate that he actually doesn't need an SUV
Old 14th November 2007, 15:26   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
In lighter vein -
If one can wait for 11 months for an SUV, doesn't that indicate that he actually doesn't need an SUV
It helps that he is in UK since May. No, he wants the Gurkha for exclusive off-roading trips, not for daily commute like me. Ok, let's not go OT, moving this to the right thread.
Old 15th November 2007, 00:06   #153
BHPian

Guts, how much does the Judo cost? (the model with ac, power steering)
Is it available off the shelf in Chennai?

thanks!!
Old 15th November 2007, 10:46   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the Gurkha comes with 4x4 with diff locks, PS, AC, snorkel, extra water proofing and BSIII engine. That explains the price.

I was offered the same choice, but I wasn't buying a SUV without AC,PS, and diff locks. So I waited long for Gurkha and then gave up.
Samurai ji, considering that they have re-started production of Gurkhas to satisfy old commitments and order backlog...would this be a right time to book the Gurkha and expect quick delivery ??

What is your opinion in this matter ?
Old 15th November 2007, 11:12   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Samurai ji, considering that they have re-started production of Gurkhas to satisfy old commitments and order backlog...would this be a right time to book the Gurkha and expect quick delivery ??

What is your opinion in this matter ?
First let's get some delivery reports, and some photographs of the new Gurkha. If my cousin's Gurkha gets delivered on a convenient day, I will test drive it and post the snaps. At least that way we all will know what they were up to all these days. I am hoping Gurkha has caught with modern times and may be offering better seats and fit & finish. But my fingers are crossed for now.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:36   #156
Team-BHP Support

Maybe you get the next generation Oly DSLR by the time the delivery happens!
Old 15th November 2007, 11:47   #157
Senior - BHPian

Gurkha has arrived!!

Samurai sir, I think your cousin is a happy man today just got a call from mangalore dealer(Forec) that the vehicle has arrived and will be delived sooon.
Had left my number with them hoping to see it last week but it has arrived this week:(

btw the force dealer was very impressed with the vehice, he said "Thumba Chanda vuntu marayre!"(It looks very nice). i think its about 8 lakhs on road.

Waiting for your TD report and pictures...
Old 15th November 2007, 11:51   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Gurkha has arrived!!

Samurai sir, I think your cousin is a happy man today just got a call from mangalore dealer(Forec) that the vehicle has arrived and will be delived sooon.
But.... middle of the week, this is going to be difficult. Let's see what I can do.

The Gurkhas have been delivered in Bangalore already.

Last edited by Samurai : 15th November 2007 at 12:06.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:33   #159
Senior - BHPian

Great News!!
Yes, I see the beige interior mentioned in the last specs Vivek had posted.. so it should be better equipped than earlier this time..
Old 15th November 2007, 13:40   #160
BHPian

I think Bolero will be better as compared to the price and specs..New bolero will be far better than TRAX..
Old 15th November 2007, 13:57   #161
BHPian

Quote:

The Gurkhas have been delivered in Bangalore already.

Samurai san, Looking forward to the "Test Drive of the Gurkha on Horrible Roads"
Old 15th November 2007, 14:05   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankure View Post
I think Bolero will be better as compared to the price and specs..New bolero will be far better than TRAX..
Does this mean you have already seen the new Gurkha, appreciate some inputs then, I won't get to see it until weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Samurai san, Looking forward to the "Test Drive of the Gurkha on Horrible Roads"
That won't happen, it is not a TD vehicle, can't freak out on it. I might check the ride comfort on some bad roads, but that's about it.
Old 15th November 2007, 14:13   #163
Senior - BHPian

I'm already in the weekend mood.. will be visiting Khivaraaj this evening and get the detailed specs...
Does anyone know if they are going to give any sorta discount on this! I know its close to impossible, but still want to know as I'm moving ahead with this option, dont want to miss any opportunities if there are..
Also, on the phone I asked him whether he is going to take another 9-10 months if I book now!! He laughed and told me its normally 3 months but I will find out and let you know it may be arranged within a month but need to check.. so waiting for his call and an overview by next monday From Mr. San.
Old 15th November 2007, 15:20   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That won't happen, it is not a TD vehicle, can't freak out on it. I might check the ride comfort on some bad roads, but that's about it.
Just drive it from Kundapura to Sakleshpura or Udupi till Honnavara, you will know its worth
Old 16th November 2007, 12:05   #165
Senior - BHPian

I cant wait for the pictures to be posted. Even if its a weekday Samurai can you not manage it on a weekday but since tomorrow is saturday please please can we have the pics by tomorrow evening and if your pictures of the Trek in Sikkim are an indication I am eagerly looking forward to this new pic post of yours.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks