Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2007, 14:47   #106
BHPian

Did they give any pricing for the Gamma 4WD/BSII/No Diff Lock/No AC/No PS as well as the loaded Gurkha?

Does not the Gurkha LWB become Gamma automatically? What can be the diff?!

I suppose SWB is 2400 and LWB is 2700..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Got an update from the local dealer.

The Bad News
Gama BSIII with PS, AC and 4WD is not available, they don't even have an order code for it. You can get BSIII with PS and AC, but not 4WD. You also get BSII with 4WD, but not AC & PS. Also, the Gama 4WD doesn't come with differential locks.

The Good News
Now the Gurkha is back in commerical production, it is available in both SWB and LWB chassis, both are called Gurkha now. The first ones of the assembly are supposed to roll out within 15-30 days. This is a fully loaded one with AC,PS,BS-III and diff locks. He told me to wait for my cousin's Gurkha delivery (delivered at same dealership) and then check it out.
Old 20th April 2007, 14:57   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Did they give any pricing for the Gamma 4WD/BSII/No Diff Lock/No AC/No PS as well as the loaded Gurkha?
I wasn't interested in a non-AC or non-4WD Gama, so Jis Gali Mein Jana Nahin...

But the loaded Gurkha, I know the price already, it is 7.2L on road in Karnataka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Does not the Gurkha LWB become Gamma automatically? What can be the diff?!

I suppose SWB is 2400 and LWB is 2700..
Nope, Gama doesn't come with same set of options. Gama is aimed at UV market, and Gurkha is aimed at adventure sports crowd. They want to differentiate using different brand names. The LWB is 2750.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
Wow! You really are convinced about the Gama/Gurkha, aren't you. Good to see such a single minded approach. All the best!
I am not fully convinced, not before a personal test drive.
Old 22nd April 2007, 15:43   #108
BHPian

OT: Snorkel Air Intake.

The main objective of the snorkel air intake is to feed the engine relatively clean, dust-free air. Deep fording requires a high degree of waterproofing along with a high air intake. A lot of dust is kicked up while off-roading that a traditional under-bonnet intake will inhale, choking the air filter sooner than a high mounted air intake. This is reason most of the trucks have their air intake on the cabin roof, especially those operating in the mining and construction sectors.

So the fording capabilities of a Gurkha & Gama 4x4 should be the same.
Old 22nd May 2007, 20:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Samurai did your cosine get the GURKHA. photos please and details.....
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:29   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
did your cosine get the GURKHA.
i think he probably went off on a secant and bought himself a Mahindra!
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:46   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
This is reason most of the trucks have their air intake on the cabin roof, especially those operating in the mining and construction sectors.
Trucks have their Air Filters up in the air for two reasons:

1. The trucks that have such snorkels usually have the engine BEHIND the cabin, or just under the driver's seat and behind.

2. It reduces intake noise in the cabin.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:07   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
i think he probably went off on a secant and bought himself a Mahindra!
He can't unless Mahindra sells in UK, he left for UK last month. He didn't cancel the booking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Samurai did your cosine get the GURKHA. photos please and details.....
I'll check with sine and tangent.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd May 2007 at 23:08.
Old 23rd May 2007, 01:10   #113
BHPian

Will new trax come out with om611 CRDI ?
Old 12th June 2007, 16:24   #114
BHPian

Hi friends,

Today I came close to TRAX GAMA LHD...it was built on 2750 WB and was loaded with snorkel type intake... 4wd..transfer case...AC...Power steering.. this was for Iraq army... it had a 5cyl pre BS1 engine fitted... with power of 100HP. Force people seemed very happy with the engine as this couldn't be introduced in India for emission reasons. The whole body would be armoured in Iraq.
Old 12th June 2007, 18:22   #115
BHPian

[quote=ggkg;414334]Samurai, go for it!. In black or military green with good seats, it is not as bad looking!

I agree completely agree Check this out in a two paint scheme.

Scorpio is as tacky and wierd as a transvestite, unless you like the Filipino Jeepney.

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME !!
Old 15th June 2007, 20:58   #116
BHPian

Torqactiv > That is a FRP top it comes in white colour like our mahindra roplas frp top

swathyd> I am sure the Judo/Gamma/Gurkha will be offered in CRDI but it is a question of when. I am guessing that the OM611 Tempo Traveller is still an year away. SO you can expect the OM611 Gamma/Judo/Gurkha 1+ years from now
Old 17th June 2007, 07:12   #117
BHPian

I think Force is holding back purely for marketing reasons, not technical. I was told by a guy (dealer employee) who visited their factory that he saw dust-proof a/c assembly areas in a special factory for latest mercedes engines, produced for export to MB europe. If they can do it they can do the old 611
Old 21st June 2007, 17:10   #118
BHPian

Samaurai,.. The trax Judo / Gurkha has been on my mind lately.

I just finished a 6 hour drive from Delhi to Jim Corbett Tiger reserve, and I counted about 12 Gamma Cruisers on the way (Mostly rural taxies) of which 50% + were the newer versions (You can tell by the new Plastic moulded black grill).

However the most shocking part was that on closer inspection (as close as you can get at moderate passing speeds) most had huge rusting issues. This was evident with liberal Red Oxide shade primer application at all pannel joints. Now it is not possible that all were wrecked and awaited painting. So,..Iam not sure when I here statements like the rusting issue had been addressed on these vehicles!!!????

This was defintely rust,..and that too in a car made at this day and age.
Old 21st June 2007, 19:31   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
I just finished a 6 hour drive from Delhi to Jim Corbett Tiger reserve, and I counted about 12 Gamma Cruisers on the way (Mostly rural taxies) of which 50% + were the newer versions (You can tell by the new Plastic moulded black grill).
Cruisers are 3050mm wheel base UVs, different from Gama. But they share most other parts including engine.

Frankly, I don't know much about it. Going forward I'll start looking for signs of rust whenever I see a Force vehicle. So far I haven't noticed it.
Old 21st June 2007, 21:16   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see these vehicles here everyday (I travel on the Delhi-Moradabad every week) and one thing about them are the skewed up proportions which are a result of the extended body which can be clearly seen at the rear as you can see the exposed joint where extra sheet metal was welded in.

Quote:
However the most shocking part was that on closer inspection (as close as you can get at moderate passing speeds) most had huge rusting issues. This was evident with liberal Red Oxide shade primer application at all pannel joints. Now it is not possible that all were wrecked and awaited painting. So,..Iam not sure when I here statements like the rusting issue had been addressed on these vehicles!!!????

This was defintely rust,..and that too in a car made at this day and age.
The rust could also be due to frequest bumps & crashes these vehicles get into and then local repairs are performed on them. Seeing the way they are driven I am not surprised that most of them have primer applied on them in various places.

If you guys want I could take a few pictures for you all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks