Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 11:01   #121

Just a point about all the worries that people said about Trax quality/feedback:
"Virtually road from Manali/Rohtang to Sarchu is extinct"
"there are 5-6 Tempo Travellers going to Leh every night. Book your seat on them."

This gent just returned from Leh. Roads there are bad even when I went.

Leh has virtually no decent *** for any car. Ditto for Manali (except Maruti !). If the tour operators are running Tempo Travellers there, that speaks volumes about its reliability and solidity. A vehicle that ONLY runs on those atrocious roads has got to be solid. So don't worry of its quality!

And i think the engines of GAMA and Traveller are exactly the same.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:51   #122
BHPian

The engine are reliable so are other parts but what about riding comfort ? Posting this as i travelled in a trax challenger recently, it was horrible ride.
Old 30th June 2007, 13:43   #123
Senior - BHPian

Why discuss this vehicle when they will not deliver 4X4 versions ?
Old 10th July 2007, 15:39   #124
BHPian

Trignometry anyone !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
i think he probably went off on a secant and bought himself a Mahindra!
Good one,....!! Wondering howmany people actually got this aah78 !!!!
Old 10th July 2007, 17:16   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Good one,....!! Wondering howmany people actually got this aah78 !!!!
I got the gist of it, but not entirely. I last studied trignometry in the 80s.
Old 14th July 2007, 23:31   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
after reading some threads i spoke to force dealer. He told me that under new scheme the vehicle has a warranty of 300,000 kms/ 3yrs whichever is early and also 12 free services. The service interval is 12000 kms .

They claimed a mlg of 13 under city conditions and 16 in highway.
I heard from the Chennai Force dealer that a mileage of 14 kmpl (without AC, ofcourse) is guranteed in city driving conditions.
Old 15th July 2007, 23:13   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
Diff Locks are standard on all Trax 4x4 versions (at least on the rear axle).
They are much better suited for off-roading than any Safari or Scorpio. Imagine damaging the faux 'body armour' plastic cladding or those wraparound head/tail lamps on these vehicles while scraping trees...its going to hurt the car and the pocket.

This is only applicable to 4x2 versions >>
Force is offering some of its Trax range with an optional rigid axle at the front instead of the independent setup. Do find out if the independent suspension has longevity issues under heavy/rough use.
This is an important issue to consider, since one of the feedbacks I got about the 4X4 Judo is that there were problems with the front independent suspension drive axles. That is probably one reason why the 4X4 version did not become popular and is not being offered to the general public now. Any one has some feedback on this issue ?
Old 15th July 2007, 23:34   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I got the gist of it, but not entirely. I last studied trignometry in the 80s.
Hey, Samurai, any updates on the Gama ? I have been following this trail for quite some time now as a guest, ( and then decided to register at Team-BHP ) since I am an ardent admirer of the Trax 4X4 . I had enquired at the Chennai Force dealer, and was disappointed when they told me that the 4WD version is not offered by the company anymore. So I am interested in knowing if you have any updates.
Old 4th September 2007, 00:49   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Oh yeah, you read it right. This is the first test drive report of Force Motor's Trax Gama on Team-BHP. I may not be the best person to do it, but you will have to settle for me for now. That also means, this one will be looong.
Hi, glad to know about your test drive for the Gama. Did you see any Judo or Gurkha vehicles on display at the showroom? What is the address of Mangalore Force? If you place an order for Gama or Judo , how mch time does it take for delivery of vehicle to customer approximately?

Mod's Note: Do not quote a 1000 line post to write two sentences in reply. Use only the referenced part or in case of a generic post the starting few lines suffice. Post edited
Old 4th September 2007, 07:02   #130
BHPian

Another good option according to me would be the TATA Spacio Gold Plus, it's got a tourque 3 liter engine, come with AC and PS, it's cheap and I have heard that delears are offering a 25k discount on the same, so it should cost you about 5.25k-5.4k onroad, depending which part of the country your in, with AC and PS. Please try out this option and let me know your comments. I have myself been thinking about this option for some time now, and hopeing to get on road tested when I can, but I think this should fit all your need's.

Last edited by musicmanaman : 4th September 2007 at 07:03.
Old 4th September 2007, 07:46   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdoms View Post
Hi, glad to know about your test drive for the Gama. Did you see any Judo or Gurkha vehicles on display at the showroom? What is the address of Mangalore Force? If you place an order for Gama or Judo , how mch time does it take for delivery of vehicle to customer approximately?
The Force showroom is at Kottara Chowki, very close to the bypass junction. Judo is history, Gurkha is only delivered (sic) upon order, so you will never find it on display. Delivery time... my cousin ordered in Decemner 2006 with two lakhs down payment, he is still waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Another good option according to me would be the TATA Spacio Gold Plus, it's got a tourque 3 liter engine, come with AC and PS, it's cheap and I have heard that delears are offering a 25k discount on the same, so it should cost you about 5.25k-5.4k onroad, depending which part of the country your in, with AC and PS.
Tata Motors is yet to update the web site about this one, is it really out there?
Old 4th September 2007, 12:17   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Motors is yet to update the web site about this one, is it really out there?
Yes it's out there, may not be on the site, also go through the What Car magzine (a sister mag of Autocar) very informative, where it states 25k discount available on the same.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

Tata also has the turbo version of the 3.0L engine in the spacio, do not have the idea bout the price but there was an ad in the papers couple of months back when it was introduced.
Old 10th September 2007, 22:33   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Another good option according to me would be the TATA Spacio Gold Plus, it's got a tourque 3 liter engine, come with AC and PS, it's cheap and I have heard that delears are offering a 25k discount on the same, so it should cost you about 5.25k-5.4k onroad, depending which part of the country your in, with AC and PS. ....
I saw a version of the Spacio, with "DI Turbo" badge : guess that means the Turbo version of the 3.0 litre engine. This engine has been around for long on the Tata 407 mini truck. Wonder why they first introduced in the 407 and waited so long to put it in the Spacio. I would have thought they should put the Turbo first in the car rather than the truck .

Forgot to mention..............the DI Turbo version of the Spacio seemed to be quite less noisy than the normal Spacio.
Old 20th October 2007, 03:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

Guys!!
any news about the new Gurkha (SWB) 4x4!! Do they accept bookings now??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks