Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2007, 00:36   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey Omar,
Not sure of Bombay traffic, but in Hyd my Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi give me a mileage of 10 to 12 with 100% AC. These days, traffic is pretty bad due to constuction of new flyovers.
Just wanted to educate the forum on this.

Thats a HUGE gap between 10 and 12....I am sure, there would a mileage which will be close either of this two figures. Means, I have a Fiat Adventure and I get consistently between 9-9.5 with 100% a/c in Mumbai. So, what will be your average?
Old 15th June 2007, 07:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Im really thinking of doing that dude, cuz its a HUGE goof up, im gonna ask for a new car! Can anyone help me with an email address or contact here??
If its any consolation Uttam, your car isn't the only one. I've checked out both the TD and display vehicles at all the three dealers here in Bangalore, and none i saw had the leather gear knob and steering grip. The brochure clearly mentioned that these were standard trims on the 1.6, and when i asked the dealer about this - he was pretty confounded as well. Looks like these two items are missing in a majority of the first batch dispatched from the factory.

Just curious though, are these items available after market?
Old 15th June 2007, 09:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
Just curious though, are these items available after market?
Precious few parts are available for the Palio in the open market. Fiat genuine spares are not issued over the counter at dealerships either, afaik.

I suggest attempting to figure out if Fiat has discontinued these sops on their 1.6, and if so, attempt to buy them through the dealer, if available.
Old 16th June 2007, 15:33   #79
BHPian

This must be taken up strongly with Fiat India as well as Fiat Italy

This must be taken up very strongly with FIAT....
Old 24th June 2007, 19:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

hey uttam did you get your steering and gear knob changed >?
Old 25th June 2007, 08:45   #81
BHPian

Hi - i was told by one dealer sales person that what is seen on the the 1.6 stile is indeed the the leather steering which is company fitted. He pressed the black portion on the steering and showed that it is leather but tight fitted.
Now i am not so sure about this but is there a possibility of this being a correct explanation?
However, for the gear..,i did see a leather thing wrapped below the gear on a 1.6 TD.

Uttam - have you compared notes with any other owners?

Last edited by sithon : 25th June 2007 at 08:58. Reason: Some more data
Old 25th June 2007, 10:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

hey sithon the difference between the leather and non leather steerings is quite obvious.. you can feel the stitching at least in case of the leather wheel which is not the case for non leather wheels
Old 25th June 2007, 10:56   #83
BHPian

hey guys,

So after a lot of fighting with fiat / tata and help from people on the forum here as well at fiatclubindia, i'm finally getting the leather steering and gearknob. Just keeping my fingers crossed till i do get it. It'll be fitted when i give in the car for it's first service sometime this week.

Sithon, the difference between the two is noticible in terms of looks and grip. The non-leather one is rough with a snakeskin rubber finish, the leather one if smooth and slightly soft to touch.

Fiat tried to pull a lot of nonsense on me about the steering and gearknob - told me it had been discontinued etc - a lot of nonsense basically. Anyway, i got email from them on saturday telling me that they had "decided" give give it to me! LOL! If anyone from fiat's reading this - Thank you guys for 'deciding' to give me what i paid for. :P
Old 25th June 2007, 16:08   #84
BHPian

Great!

Consistency wins....congrats

Thanks
Old 25th June 2007, 16:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Fiat tried to pull a lot of nonsense on me about the steering and gearknob - told me it had been discontinued etc - a lot of nonsense basically. Anyway, i got email from them on saturday telling me that they had "decided" give give it to me! LOL! If anyone from fiat's reading this - Thank you guys for 'deciding' to give me what i paid for. :P

utter rubbish,fiat is going to the dogs :( was expecting that they be apologetic and replace it immediately . anyways glad you are getting what you were promised
Old 25th June 2007, 16:17   #86
BHPian

Definitely not worldwide though!

Hi! Bottles,

I don't know whether FIAT is going to DOGs in India or not, but definitely not elsewhere in the globe.

You have check the right website to find out before making a generalised statement.

Regards
Old 25th June 2007, 16:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

yup ur right on that omar.. personally was a very happy and satisfied fiat customer for last 3 years but lately seeing somethings that dont really impress me (wrt to fiat india)
Old 25th June 2007, 16:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

The Marketing Head and Service Head of Fiat India should be sacked immediatly, they are clueless and aimless as ever!

When the features are listed in the Brochure and Website as well, how the hell they can fool a customer by saying that it is discontinued! Load of crap!

Last edited by finneyp : 25th June 2007 at 16:51.
Old 27th June 2007, 00:59   #89
BHPian

Got it!!!

I took my car for the first service today and got the leather steering and gearknob fitted, and what a world of a difference in grib and feel! Awesome!

Im glad this problem got sorted out, but it wasn't easy getting it done. So guys out there who intend to buy a car, please make sure you're getting what you pay for, or else - just dont take delivery!

Got another tankful done - this time i got 9.6 with city driving.

Oh yeah, i also took her to 5000 rpm (just for a second tho) - the feel of speed and power between 4000 and 5000 rpm is just exhilirating!! I hit 65 in second gear... then of course quickly changed to 3rd and 4th and 5th

Any idea when i can make this (driving at high revvs) a regular feature?? i.e. after how many kms?
Old 27th June 2007, 09:11   #90
BHPian

Congrates uttamc for getting it done.

Someone should shootout mail to Fiat official about this thing. Even though they missed it in this car why it takes time to resolve ? We should take it seriously and we need to talk to Fiat for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks