Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 07:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Tata cars come out like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get!
That was a good one.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin View Post
i am talking about the service department and not marketing or the ERC.
Probably because they have to get off their fat backsides and actually do something....!!!
Old 12th October 2007, 09:12   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

If Tata is having QC issues with head gaskets on production vehicles, the best option is to wait till they sort it out. I'm sticking to my decision to wait 12 months from this launch before I most certainly will pick up the Safari/successor.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

its sensible, time to work on the alternatives guys!!!

"OK TATA, Phir Milenge"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
If Tata is having QC issues with head gaskets on production vehicles, the best option is to wait till they sort it out. I'm sticking to my decision to wait 12 months from this launch before I most certainly will pick up the Safari/successor.
PS: I am waiting for rajeev to confirm, he has got sources at senior levels.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:12   #50
BHPian

I am trying to get in touch with these guys but as usual they don't pick up the phones :(

Will try to get as much information as i can and post it here.

However i have my doubts that they will tell anything if there is a problem with the engine. All they will tell me is " wait for some time sir. DOnt take the car now. We will let you know".

But lets see, will chk

regards
Old 12th October 2007, 10:19   #51
BHPian

Ok Got a call now. What they say is the "Head Gasket" getting blown happens once in 10,000 vehicles and its just a chance that it happened in the initial lot itself.

He says that he absolutely cannot confirm anything as he has not started delivery and thus has no feedbacs whatsoever. His TD vehicle has completed 500Kms till now and its running absolutely fine.

The only reason for no delivery is the pending ST approval from RTOs and thats the only reason and not that they are fixing anything in the stock that they have.

I would say that lets wait for at least initial 2 stocks to get over from dealer and take the car from thierd delivery which would be like vehicles manufactured in Nov-07 or later
Old 12th October 2007, 10:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanks rajeev, this clears up things to some extent, I appreciate your contribution and insight to the 2.2l threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Ok Got a call now. What they say is the "Head Gasket" getting blown happens once in 10,000 vehicles and its just a chance that it happened in the initial lot itself.

He says that he absolutely cannot confirm anything as he has not started delivery and thus has no feedbacs whatsoever. His TD vehicle has completed 500Kms till now and its running absolutely fine.

The only reason for no delivery is the pending ST approval from RTOs and thats the only reason and not that they are fixing anything in the stock that they have.

I would say that lets wait for at least initial 2 stocks to get over from dealer and take the car from thierd delivery which would be like vehicles manufactured in Nov-07 or later
Old 12th October 2007, 10:42   #53
BHPian

in Bangalore none of the dealer's seems to any issues with their vehicles, all their TD trucks seems to be running without any issues, I check with the service head and AGM at one of the dealership. however, I do not wish to take risks at this stage, hence thinking of taking back the advance payment :-), any thoughts from experts? or should I go for 3.0? please comment
Old 12th October 2007, 11:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

For curosity sake, arent the head gasket and injectors covered under warranty ???

Jk, was it a registered vehicle or just with the factory fitted "TEMP" sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
someone parked a brand new 2.2l next to my car today! Should find the owner tomorrow
Old 12th October 2007, 11:55   #55
BHPian

Just now I got sms fromm Nawab motors Noida that 2.2l LX has arrived withh them, i will get conformation on the colors available in LX.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmash View Post
in Bangalore none of the dealer's seems to any issues with their vehicles, all their TD trucks seems to be running without any issues, I check with the service head and AGM at one of the dealership. however, I do not wish to take risks at this stage, hence thinking of taking back the advance payment :-), any thoughts from experts? or should I go for 3.0? please comment

Per SUV's post, there are 4 cars with blown gaskets with bangalore Dealers. of course, unless you have contacts with teh dealers, tehy will not admit these things to you.

as regards going in for the 3.0, that is a call you have to take. the 2.2 is definitely a step ahead of the 3.0 in some respects, as has been proven from all the test drives around, but it will take some time 6-9 months for this engine to settle down. remember, the 2,2 is a new engine developed by tata and not a spin off from an existing engine. If you are Ok to wait that long, then fine, otherwise IMHO, teh 3.0 is a good bet right now- I for one bought the 3.0 knowing the 2.2 was being launched the next day.

Also, to all people doubting reports of blown gaskets in the 2.2, what is the basis of your doubt. members from different cities have reported this issue, so I dont see how the veracity of this can be doubted.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

No one is doubting the reports of blown out gasket, we are just trying to understand the problem better.

a) If its a manufacturing/design defect, all 2.2l engines will get stranded and not 1 or 2. TATA will have to recall each one of them and repair it at their own cost. Imagine the ones sold outside of India, its a huge cost for the dealerships there + lost faith.

b) If its a batch/QC problem then they will have to reject/return the whole batch of spare causing the problem and new procurement/replacements will be put into stringent QC checks before the production lines and only repair the ones coming up with this problem under warranty clauses.

It seems more of "b)" to me, as per the information provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Per SUV's post, there are 4 cars with blown gaskets with bangalore Dealers. of course, unless you have contacts with teh dealers, tehy will not admit these things to you.

Also, to all people doubting reports of blown gaskets in the 2.2, what is the basis of your doubt. members from different cities have reported this issue, so I dont see how the veracity of this can be doubted.

Last edited by dadu : 12th October 2007 at 13:16.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:43   #58
BHPian

u ll find what is the problem with safari 2.2
tata safari test vehicles still being spotted
India: Tata Safari test vehicles still being spotted
Old 13th October 2007, 03:53   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

=

see this video to know the offroad capablity of the safari.

=

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th October 2007 at 03:57.
Old 13th October 2007, 08:41   #60
Team-BHP Support

These videos have been circulating around every Safari thread, I don't think anybody is worried about their off-road capability.

The real mystery is around the reluctantance of Tata dealers all around the country to actually make a sale or give a delivery date. I can't remember the last time this happened. I am not buying the RTO story, TATA has been making truck/buses/cars for long enough to know how to prep the RTOs for a new car release.

When was the last time we heard so many new TD vehicles all around the country having serious problems?

When was the last time so many Team-BHP members came out with such conflicting TD reports? It often sounded like they were talking about different vehicles.

After waiting so long for the 2.2L release, I am really feeling cheated. The silence from the dealers ain't helping either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks