Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 12:06   #451
Senior - BHPian

@amit.... omg! another one! this one looks bad! Give MASS a visit and see what they have to say about damages and then take a decision.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:32   #452
Senior - BHPian

The local garage has taken the car. Here is what they say:

- Car needs a new bumper. I know that but asked them to try and restore the current one. There is a slight dent under the passenger side headlight. Rest are scratches.

- New grille and Suzuki logo. Thinking of buying them from the local shop.

- The bonnet is okay. It's the fenders that have been pushed back. Both fenders will have to be pushed back into place which will require a minor portion to be painted again. The driver's side fender is brand new!

Will be visiting them at about 2.30 pm to take a look. I have asked them not to proceed till I come and give them the go ahead. Right now, there are no damages visible to the engine bay or the chassis. The speeds were too slow to cause any damage to the structure and engine parts but once the bumper is off we can take a look at any serious damage. I have given them clear instructions not to proceed if they spot any damage to the engine componants and / or chassis.
Old 29th April 2009, 12:58   #453
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

Is it just or everyone else! Poor you man!

One after another. When you get your car back, go and do the lemon & chille hanging exercise first! Seems like the evil eye of the entire block's (of the place you stay) is on your ride!

Drive safe!
Old 29th April 2009, 13:43   #454
Senior - BHPian

Ouch man, that is rotten luck. I know how it feels. Hopefully, it's just a phase and will pass. Bumper replacement + painting will cost you a pretty penny. If I were you, I'd make sure the radiator and associated piping is okay. You really don't want a coolant system failure when driving.

Good luck.
Old 29th April 2009, 13:58   #455
BHPian

Bad luck Amit, this is happening in quick succession and each incident would be a big hit on your heart :(
I hope car regains its glory pretty soon without pinching your wallet too much..

One of my friend's car had a series of accidents and his mother put Godly inscriptions in his as well as my car to ward off any evil spirits..
Old 29th April 2009, 14:44   #456
BHPian

Oops! 3 in a row! hope the car is repaired back to its original state!

Check if the fender just before the radiator is hit or not. If this is bent, any such impacts in the future may bend it enough to damage the radiators!
Old 29th April 2009, 15:01   #457
BHPian

like MASS local garages too will try to remould the bumper, which won't look like original. perform a small pooja for your car when it gets repaired.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:49   #458
Senior - BHPian

Just back from the garage. As expected, there are no damages to engine componants or chassis. Also, drove the car to work today morning and mechanically, it was flawless. Car is expected back on Saturday evening.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:03   #459
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that the damage is not much.

Quote:
Also, drove the car to work today morning and mechanically, it was flawless.
Finally
Old 29th April 2009, 16:16   #460
BHPian

@Amit,

Man, 3 hits in a row, suggest you perform a pooja for your car

Take care of her & Drive Safe.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:23   #461
BHPian

Sorry to see this happening. Once is painful, thrice in a row is unimaginable pain. Get her in shape and don't think too much about it. On a lighter note, guess you should author "Amit's SX4:A Series of Unfortunate shunts"
Old 29th April 2009, 16:30   #462
BHPian

Yes Amit. you are right about the cost but claiming the insurance will get you new spared as in new bumper etc however getting it locally done will repair this, Gauge the damage & see if you feel it is nothing on the inside (material) then you can go for local garage.

Also this is the 3rd time. either get a Pooja done for you & your car or something which you belive in.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:04   #463
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The local garage has taken the car. Here is what they say:

- Car needs a new bumper. I know that but asked them to try and restore the current one. There is a slight dent under the passenger side headlight. Rest are scratches.

- New grille and Suzuki logo. Thinking of buying them from the local shop.

- The bonnet is okay. It's the fenders that have been pushed back. Both fenders will have to be pushed back into place which will require a minor portion to be painted again. The driver's side fender is brand new!

Will be visiting them at about 2.30 pm to take a look. I have asked them not to proceed till I come and give them the go ahead. Right now, there are no damages visible to the engine bay or the chassis. The speeds were too slow to cause any damage to the structure and engine parts but once the bumper is off we can take a look at any serious damage. I have given them clear instructions not to proceed if they spot any damage to the engine componants and / or chassis.

Please ask them to check the AC compressor/radiator. I had a very small accident, nothing on the bumper, but could not open the bonnet. It turned out the compressor had been touched. Fortunately nothing had happened. Still its worth getting that checked, so that you avoid multiple insurance claims.

VBV
Old 18th July 2009, 15:13   #464
Senior - BHPian

The car has started jerking from start off again!

Even after I shift into second gear the car jerks and moves. I am just fed up of this piece of crap from Maruti.
Old 18th July 2009, 16:41   #465
BHPian

Timing-belt gone bust or what?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks