Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 13:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Ah, so you finally managed to replace your Mom's car with a new one. Now I know where all that money, you collect in our 'meets' went. It financed your Mom's car. right?? No offence mate, but I simply couldn't resist this.

Congrats on the new steed in the stable.
Old 30th May 2008, 14:51   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Guruji, why can't it be called a new bhains in the gaushala?
Old 30th May 2008, 15:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Btw to all those who find the ac to be chilling please adjust the temperature knob instead of switching the ac on & off & keeping the speed low.
Old 30th May 2008, 16:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hey, I missed this. Congrats on the new addition to the garage
Thanks Sa1nik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Finally you clicked the i10 , but certainly a nice color choice as only two colors looks good on i10 i.e. Blue and white.

Congrates
Thanks Ashish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ishaan, have you noticed any drop in pick-up when the a/c is switched on ?
A slight drop is there yes as is expected of the puny engine Condor but it's not too bad say like the carb Zen that I had years ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
iraghava:
Congrats, Sir. Just discovered your thread, and she's Real Gorgeous. It's the first information I'm reading on the i10 and I must say it's welcome info: she was voted Car of the Year, became the car to beat for so many, all-in-all lots of hype (perceived at my end, no doubt).
Thank you Rajeev, Sir! She's nice & my mother (as expected) is very happy with her new car! It's already done 6.5k in the past 4 months of driving!

Quote:
Thanks. While I wish you (and your Mom) Happy Driving, Antarctic-Cool A/C and F Consumption you strugle to Measure, I'd love to hear an indepth review- obviously as your experience with her deepens.
Thank you. I'll post a detailed review after the 10k service, should be in done in 2 months time. Meanwhile my mother only has two gripes with the car, 1. The beige interior gets dirty too fast & 2. The car is wide so she has trouble parking it in tight spaces as she's not sure how wide it is & how far close to the kerb/wall she can park it! Apart from that it's all good!

Quote:
IMO she's pretty. Svelte haunches and docile- Hepburn-esque eyes melt one. And they seem to have chosen a Strategic Palette because the few i10s I've spied were in delicious ice-cream shades, quite rare, quite fetching.
Yes, there are some nice shades but the thing is very few of them go well with the beige interiors. And so I picked up the Navy Blue as that matched best with the beige. White was not available till then (was introduced 2 months later) as that would have been our choice mainly for ease of maintenance. Dark colours are notoriously difficult to maintain & as expected some scratches done by idiots when she's parked are beginning to appear. :(

Quote:
On-the-Gas: How is she to drive when pushed? How does she handle? The latter question perhaps partly answers itself because you did say you found the rubber inadequate. Since you've owned a Santro, how reliable are they? Expected engine life?
She's nice, peppy but runs out of breath around 100kmph mark, she'll go mugh higher but it'll be a test of patience. In city she's a breeze due to a peppy engine (doesn't like being revved beyond 4-4.5k rpm though, gets coarse & starts protesting) & a comfortable ride. However, I hate these cab forward designs as the A-pillar like so many other cars blocks your vision while turning & is a pain in this car too.

Handling I think I can put it as interesting at best! Not really something you'd drive in boy racer mode unless equipped with better, wider rubber. The tall boy design & high COG does it no favours here. The Swift & Getz are much better handlers in comparison.

As for reliability well we've owned two Santros on the trot, both did over 100k kms in 3-3.5 years & never gave us any trouble. Apart from regular servicing, tyres & the odd clutch job we never had any issues. Superb experience both times around. Engine life I would say would easily be around 150-200k kms if maintained well.

Quote:
Yours (for some vicarious pleasure- I haven't driven one, you see),
RG
Hahaha..you never fail to crack me up Rajeev! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I will not surpraise even if your list is bigger with Wagon R, Alto, Santro, Indica etc. Congrats on your best selection.

If your mother likes you can give dual tone seat covers, they look very nice for darker color cars like yours. It gives a very attractive looks. Use the body color on seats at curves etc - interior guys knows it better.
Well all those were out of contention since after owning 2 Matiz's & a Santro my mother was not looking at any of those cars. Among the others the i10 won & reasons I clearly listed in my first post!

As for the seat covers, looking to get something nice done soon as with the summer is full flow here I need to get the sunfilms done asap.

Quote:
Ah, so you finally managed to replace your Mom's car with a new one. Now I know where all that money, you collect in our 'meets' went. It financed your Mom's car. right?? No offence mate, but I simply couldn't resist this.

Kya Guruji, secret expose mat karo!! Thank you for the wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Beta Sumit, you try telling your Mum that she's not bought a new car but a bhains which can in the parked in the gaushala & when the ensuing thrashing stops you'll realise it was a bad move in the first place!!

Last edited by iraghava : 30th May 2008 at 16:47.
Old 30th May 2008, 17:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Thanks Sa1nik!

Thanks Ashish!

A slight drop is there yes as is expected of the puny engine Condor but it's not too bad say like the carb Zen that I had years ago!

Thank you Rajeev, Sir! She's nice & my mother (as expected) is very happy with her new car! It's already done 6.5k in the past 4 months of driving!

Thank you. I'll post a detailed review after the 10k service, should be in done in 2 months time. Meanwhile my mother only has two gripes with the car, 1. The beige interior gets dirty too fast & 2. The car is wide so she has trouble parking it in tight spaces as she's not sure how wide it is & how far close to the kerb/wall she can park it! Apart from that it's all good!

Yes, there are some nice shades but the thing is very few of them go well with the beige interiors. And so I picked up the Navy Blue as that matched best with the beige. White was not available till then (was introduced 2 months later) as that would have been our choice mainly for ease of maintenance. Dark colours are notoriously difficult to maintain & as expected some scratches done by idiots when she's parked are beginning to appear. :(

She's nice, peppy but runs out of breath around 100kmph mark, she'll go mugh higher but it'll be a test of patience. In city she's a breeze due to a peppy engine (doesn't like being revved beyond 4-4.5k rpm though, gets coarse & starts protesting) & a comfortable ride. However, I hate these cab forward designs as the A-pillar like so many other cars blocks your vision while turning & is a pain in this car too.

Handling I think I can put it as interesting at best! Not really something you'd drive in boy racer mode unless equipped with better, wider rubber. The tall boy design & high COG does it no favours here. The Swift & Getz are much better handlers in comparison.

As for reliability well we've owned two Santros on the trot, both did over 100k kms in 3-3.5 years & never gave us any trouble. Apart from regular servicing, tyres & the odd clutch job we never had any issues. Superb experience both times around. Engine life I would say would easily be around 150-200k kms if maintained well.

Hahaha..you never fail to crack me up Rajeev! Thank you!

Well all those were out of contention since after owning 2 Matiz's & a Santro my mother was not looking at any of those cars. Among the others the i10 won & reasons I clearly listed in my first post!

As for the seat covers, looking to get something nice done soon as with the summer is full flow here I need to get the sunfilms done asap.

Kya Guruji, secret expose mat karo!! Thank you for the wishes!

Beta Sumit, you try telling your Mum that she's not bought a new car but a bhains which can in the parked in the gaushala & when the ensuing thrashing stops you'll realise it was a bad move in the first place!!
iraghava:

Thanks. I need to apologize for dragging you down that long repetitive road about your user experience, but I missed your longer and more detailed report when I posted- I often do that. SIGH.

I'm amazed at the sheer quantum of driving your family manages. 100K in 3 years, 3 cars running must be some sort of record. It then rightly puts those niggling little things into mission critical perspective- don't listen to them philistines who yank your chain on them.

Happy motoring, Sir. The Kim-Chi boys aught to be proud of you.
Old 30th May 2008, 18:34   #66
BHPian

Hope Hyundai launches a Diesel i10 soon ?
Old 30th May 2008, 21:57   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
netchef : I need to apologize for dragging you down that long repetitive road about your user experience, .
@netchef, pls dont drag us down such a long quote, trying to find out which point in Ishaan's quoted post you are trying to reply to. Thanks !
Old 31st May 2008, 01:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I need to apologize for dragging you down that long repetitive road about your user experience, but I missed your longer and more detailed report when I posted- I often do that. SIGH.
Arrey Rajeev no need to apologise man, no issues at all. I anyway intend to do a detailed report on the car after the 10k mark.

Quote:
I'm amazed at the sheer quantum of driving your family manages. 100K in 3 years, 3 cars running must be some sort of record. It then rightly puts those niggling little things into mission critical perspective- don't listen to them philistines who yank your chain on them.
What'll really surprise you even more is that our family consists of only two people! Me & my Mum!! (Younger brother is abroad for studies). So the mileage becomes even more mind boggling!! And the correct mileage count is:

Santro 1: 105k kms.
Santro 2: 102k kms.
Honda : 175k kms & counting!
i10 : 6.5k kms & counting!

And Santro 1 & Honda have been almost entirely self driven by me!

Quote:
Oh they are more scared than proud whenever I meet them actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Hope Hyundai launches a Diesel i10 soon ?
Doesn't make a difference to me actually. Can't buy one for my Mum, she'll kill me with the NVH & also the pain in the *** modern diesels are while driving in city traffic conditions (Which constitutes 80% of her driving).
Old 31st May 2008, 12:15   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@netchef, pls dont drag us down such a long quote, trying to find out which point in Ishaan's quoted post you are trying to reply to. Thanks !
Point taken. Point taken (system says the Post was too short, but it's all I had and wanted to say).
Besides, like the gent pointed out, the need of the hour is brevity, brevity and more of the same (or should that be 'less'?).

Last edited by netchef : 31st May 2008 at 12:17. Reason: new thought
Old 31st May 2008, 12:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

Sounds so 'middle-class'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Old 31st May 2008, 12:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just tell mom to close her eyes and reverse. As soon as she hears a loud thud, followed by a 'kkrrrrunch', she will immediately get all the dimensions of the i 10 to the last millimeter..

The last para was howlarious Ishaan..

Quote:
Thanks Sa1nik!

Meanwhile my mother only has two gripes with the car, 1. The beige interior gets dirty too fast & 2. The car is wide so she has trouble parking it in tight spaces as she's not sure how wide it is & how far close to the kerb/wall she can park it! Apart from that it's all good!

Old 31st May 2008, 12:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

Now you know why the crude hit $135 a barrel..

Quote:
iraghava:

I'm amazed at the sheer quantum of driving your family manages. 100K in 3 years, 3 cars running must be some sort of record.

Old 31st May 2008, 12:32   #73
BHPian

Ishan, how about those round or rectangle shaped convex mirrors for the ORVM.

Your mum might find it easier to judge the distances on the sides between the car and any random obstacle.
Old 31st May 2008, 13:04   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds so 'middle-class'...
How would I put it in terms of "lower-middle-class",Guruji?
Old 31st May 2008, 13:09   #75
rks
BANNED

Quote:
No the Santro's had 4.5J.
The stock wheels on Santro are 4J (at least in my old Santro, not sure about Xing). Did you fit Matiz rims (4.5J) on your Santros? I think stock-size tubeless tyres on wider rims (4.5J or 5J) will be best for Santro/i10. The handling improves and I don't find much drop in ride comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks