Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 14:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Just tell mom to close her eyes and reverse. As soon as she hears a loud thud, followed by a 'kkrrrrunch', she will immediately get all the dimensions of the i 10 to the last millimeter..
Well she's going to do that one of these obviously! I'm just waiting for it to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Now you know why the crude hit $135 a barrel..
What?? Moi causing the fuel price hike?? Hey Ram Guruji, ghor anyayay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Ishan, how about those round or rectangle shaped convex mirrors for the ORVM.

Your mum might find it easier to judge the distances on the sides between the car and any random obstacle.
Problem is Anuj that she doesn't use the ORVM's as driving with them in city (Moradabad) is difficult for her. Two-wheeler riders in this town have particular affinity for these mirrors & try their best to damage them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
How would I put it in terms of "lower-middle-class",Guruji?
Simple, say "Baapu aapka nayaa Gadha le aaya hoon, bahar neem ke per ke neeche baandh diya hai!"
Old 1st June 2008, 10:22   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
She's nice, peppy but runs out of breath around 100kmph mark, she'll go mugh higher but it'll be a test of patience. In city she's a breeze due to a peppy engine (doesn't like being revved beyond 4-4.5k rpm though, gets coarse & starts protesting) & a comfortable ride. However, I hate these cab forward designs as the A-pillar like so many other cars blocks your vision while turning & is a pain in this car too.
I have driven the CAR with 4 (Healthy) people and fully loaded boot.
The Car is a breeze till 110-115KMPH mark. After that u really need to have patience and press the GAS completely down to pull it higher.
Reaching 125-130 is also rather not that difficult but after that........ the car seems to be asking for something more.

All this with the AC on. Yes, one more thing, the cross winds tend to increase the drag at the higher speeds.

but what I love the most is the AC. once the interior in the CAR has become cool, just put the AC on 1st position and beleive me, even if the temp outside is 40, you will definitely feel the chill.
Old 8th June 2008, 00:02   #78
Senior - BHPian

@iraghava:
Great purchase and clocked kms pretty quicly!

However, I would like to know more.

1) How is the front visibility of this car. I found that Wagon R is excellent. How is this as compared to WagonR.

2) Although a new vehicle, are the spare prices on the higher side ?

3) Is this car able to maintain reasonable speed at highways ( if you have tried ).

4) How was the car's A/C in May ?

I am asking this because my uncle is looking for replacing their M800, 85K kms with wagon R and their Wagon R with new Indica.
After going through Protest against Tata motors, Indica was off list.
The 800 is in bad shape so its now really urgent for them to go for a new car.

The wagon R will now make way for swift diesel but unable to decide about 800. The car would be driven by my aunt. Thats why the front visibility factor is very important. Also utilized for 140-15kms highway runs.
If its good, I will be telling them not to invest in Wagon R but do so in I10.

This worries me:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...undai-i10.html

Last edited by aaggoswami : 8th June 2008 at 00:06.
Old 8th June 2008, 22:22   #79
BHPian

I would like to give my views on the queries.
1. Visibility - Its good for people with height of 5'6" and above except for the A pillar and the reflection on the Dash Borad.
2. No comments. On a general note, original spares are a bit costly than Santro but cheaper than that of Getz. Same apply for Service charges, extended warraties and so on.
3. I have reached 130Kmph with A/C on and with 4 people and full boot. Also I have consistently driven at 110-120KMPH. No trouble so far though the car will take its own sweet time to reach speeds above 100-110.
4. If the car is initially kept under Sun, it is going to take around 20-25 minutes at full blow to make the interiors cool, and after that u will start feeling the chill. You wont even think of changing the blower speed to level 2.

Regarding your worries -
Problems are part and parcel of any car is what I beleive.

But But But....Try both the cars yourself and then decide. You are the best judge since its you who is gonna drive.
Old 9th June 2008, 01:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

To add to Achopra's comments:

1. Visibility is OK, A-pillar is a pain but overall pretty decent.

2. No idea, haven't needed anything yet.

3. 110-120 km/h is easy, for anything beyond you have to be patient.

4. A/C is outstanding in every respect especially for the segment.

And that caliper problem seems to be a one-off as most cars on the forum & a few off the forum that I know about have not displayed any major faults.
Old 9th June 2008, 09:43   #81
BANNED

I have already started liking your mom
Old 9th June 2008, 18:30   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
I would like to give my views on the queries...
Quote:
To add to Achopra's comments:
Thanks both of you. So I safely assume that i10 is good for city driving. Highway though they sometimes do 120 ( of course indicated ) in their M800, they usually wont cross 100.

Thanks to both of you! I am on call to tell them to test drive!
Old 28th June 2008, 11:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

10k service about to come up, it seems that yesterday while my Mum was on a trip to Haridwar some old man in a WagonR banged the front fender & driver's side door & left dents/scratches on both panels. The lazy *** driver was sitting in the car & by the time he got out, the old man had gone away. It seems the fender is also bent out of shape & so is fouling with the door when opening/closing it.

Knowing my mother's immense level of irritation if she's made to drive with a blemished car, I think it's safe to say that the dent will have to be fixed at the time of the 2nd service.
Old 28th June 2008, 12:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
10k service about to come up, it seems that yesterday while my Mum was on a trip to Haridwar some old man in a WagonR banged the front fender & driver's side door & left dents/scratches on both panels. The lazy *** driver was sitting in the car & by the time he got out, the old man had gone away. It seems the fender is also bent out of shape & so is fouling with the door when opening/closing it.
Sad to hear that.

Anyways bring it. Will take care of it.
Old 13th July 2008, 16:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

Well she's back after the 10k service & the denting painting job. Big thanks to a certain BHPian for his help!

Some pictures:
My mother's new car, i10! (Now 20k kms service done)-img_9160-large.jpg

My mother's new car, i10! (Now 20k kms service done)-img_9161-large.jpg

A thoughtful touch I discovered recently, a simple slot for the rear seatbelt to be secured in so it doesn't rattle! What a simple but brilliant idea!
My mother's new car, i10! (Now 20k kms service done)-img_9163-large.jpg

My mother's new car, i10! (Now 20k kms service done)-img_9164-large.jpg

My mother's new car, i10! (Now 20k kms service done)-img_9166-large.jpg

Service charges break up:

Mud Flap Kit (Requested by me) 360/-
Oil Filter 70/-
Wheel Balancing Weights 30/-
Engine Oil 480/-

Total Amount (Inclusive of Taxes) 1123/-.
Old 13th July 2008, 16:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

That seat belt part is interesting. Neat thought Hyundai!

Hows the beige interior at 10k?

Last edited by jkdas : 13th July 2008 at 16:38.
Old 13th July 2008, 16:45   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hows the beige interior at 10k?
It's pretty ok till now. The only part that seems to have picked up some stains is the front passenger seat where my mother kept something that was leaking a bit of oil. Other than that not too bad.

But seat covers & tints are due soon anyway. She definitely needs the seat covers.
Old 13th July 2008, 16:54   #88
Senior - BHPian

The seat belt hook slot is a good feature compared to the clips used in Getz and Santro.

Nice car. My favourite colour for i10 is black, for Santro white.

Nice number Ishan!!
Old 14th July 2008, 11:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Well she's back after the 10k service & the denting painting job. Big thanks to a certain BHPian for his help!

Some pictures:
iraghava: Lovely colour, Sir. She looks swank, real swank.
The seat belt dock is simple yet effective. Makes one wonder why other manufacturers don't set up an R&D cell to chase down the small touches. By now they surely know they make all the difference.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:13   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice number Ishan!!
Thanks PW! Funny you should mention about the number though! My Mother's previous car's numbers have been something like this: 4411, 1234, 5050, 0010! So this one is a pretty normal number for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
iraghava: Lovely colour, Sir. She looks swank, real swank.
The seat belt dock is simple yet effective. Makes one wonder why other manufacturers don't set up an R&D cell to chase down the small touches. By now they surely know they make all the difference.
Thank you sir! I guess it's just that some manufacturers come up with these ingenious solutions while others are fine with the way things are.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks