Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
How many of us maintain respectable speeds on Demo cars? We never drive or do something harsh to our own car. I know people who abuses demo car coz its not theirs! Pity/shame on them. What did he get education for?

Do check another Grande. It just rumors about Tata's build quality.

And yes, its a shame that the dealer could only provide you with a badly maintained car.

I don't think tata's build quality problems are just roumors. I agree they are Hyped up to a bigg extent, but u've gotta admit, the fit and finish of tata cars , though steadily improving, is nowhere near acceptable standards. I went to the showroom last week and was disgusted to say the least with the quality of many parts in all their cars. And a door handle breaking off in a brand new TD car just proves the point. We push TD cars on drives, but that's no reason for a handle to fall off trapping the occupant!!!. Its what, less than a month old!! At this rate, i wonder what would be left of it after a year. SUV's usually tend to be abused right??
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Congratulations!
I hope you are taking time out to read all these congratulatory messages.

BTW, are the second row seats adjustable for providing more leg room to the passengers?

No, not for leg room, but can be reclined.
Old 4th April 2008, 00:31   #33
BHPian

congratulations on your 'grande' entry!!!

may she give you much pleasure, some peace and very little trouble!!

cheers and stay safe!
Old 4th April 2008, 00:59   #34
BHPian

Congrats mate! What a nice car to own! Kindly post some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I don't think tata's build quality problems are just roumors. I agree they are Hyped up to a bigg extent, but u've gotta admit, the fit and finish of tata cars , though steadily improving, is nowhere near acceptable standards. I went to the showroom last week and was disgusted to say the least with the quality of many parts in all their cars. And a door handle breaking off in a brand new TD car just proves the point. We push TD cars on drives, but that's no reason for a handle to fall off trapping the occupant!!!. Its what, less than a month old!! At this rate, i wonder what would be left of it after a year. SUV's usually tend to be abused right??
I agree with jkdas. JayD, pardon my ignorance : which brand represents the acceptable standards within that price range? I found that quality of steel used in doors and the plastics used in the interiors of Maruti cars are quite cheap and of poor quality. Though their finishing is better than Tata cars.
Old 4th April 2008, 06:48   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, what are we discussing here - Lijodavis' New Sumo Grande, or Tata's New Sumo Grande ? If we want to dissect the Tata New Sumo Grande, we have a separate thread where we have been at it for quite a while now.

Let's listen to Lijo's experiences here.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:29   #36
BHPian

Photos Exterior

Exterior Photos of Sumo Grande. I don't know the quality of photos but its all done in a hurry.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05142.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05143.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05145.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05118.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05086.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05089.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05090.jpg  

Old 4th April 2008, 10:31   #37
BHPian

Congrats

Please do post your initial impressions and the photos.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:31   #38
BHPian

Looks good Congratulations.

I had an impression that the Grande is too boxy but these photos prove me wrong.

Is this the top-of-the-line model?
Old 4th April 2008, 10:37   #39
BHPian

Interior Photos -Grande

Interior photos of sumo grande.If any one wants specific angles please reply, i will try to post.Photos are compressed to reduce the size.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05101.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05100.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05098.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05097.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05111.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05110.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05108.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05103.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05102.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05114.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05113.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05112.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05141.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05138.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05136.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05134.jpg  

Old 4th April 2008, 10:41   #40
BHPian

Well finished interiors though the steering looks odd. Plastics do look cheap but I am not sure.

Can you take a picture of the IPOD cable? Does it terminate in the glove box?
Old 4th April 2008, 10:44   #41
BHPian

Comparison Photos

Comparison photos of Grande with my Skoda L&K and Swift Zxi.I don't know its the right place to post these photos.If not please move or delete.
From this u will get a idea of size ,height and length.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05128.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05122.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05125.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05129.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05132.jpg  

My New Sumo Grande (EDIT: And Now with the Inside and Outside Pics of the car)-dsc05124.jpg  

lijodavis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2008, 10:44   #42
BHPian

A small question - may be OT...

How did you become a BHPian with only 8 Posts Or is it that T-BHP is biased towards Grande owners
Old 4th April 2008, 10:48   #43
BHPian

OT: You've got lovely and scenic homes in God's Own Country
Old 4th April 2008, 10:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congrtas on your new ride dude! Looks good. But just 1qn, isn't the GX the top end version?? And still no alloys??
Old 4th April 2008, 10:50   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Interiors look good. They've tried to utilize space - like the map pockets on the rear door too, and small things like contours for a bottle in the door, in the map pocket. Good to see features like motorized ORVM adjustments

One question : How's the middle seat, incl the fold function. How's the quality of this ? I had seen this just once on the Victa, and wasnt very convinced about this function.

Most Viewed