Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 18:38   #166
BHPian

sorry for a stupid question, but what is the full form of ICE?
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:03   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
In Car Entertainment ...........
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:20   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Not a stupid question, because even I did not know it in the beginning. I had to search google for it
Old 2nd November 2008, 20:38   #169
BHPian

i did search. but it had stuff like internal combustion engine and others which i knew could not be it.
Old 2nd November 2008, 21:21   #170
BHPian

VDi+ABS is not ZXi(feature wise)

Quote:
1 question though - isn't the Vdi with abs fully loaded with auto temp control and music system?
i am thinking of buying a black Vdi and had the impression it would have the above two things...
i dont think a VDi with ABS gets to be a fully loaded ZXi in features.
all you get is the ABS and rest features such as integrated music system,steering music controls,alloys,auto climate control etc are just specified to the ZXi.
but the dzire VDI does get integrated music system in addition(but not the rest of the features mentioned above)
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:05   #171
BHPian

raj i hope you are enjoying your new ride!!

the figures that you have mentioned above, are they of the magnum diesel?
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:27   #172
BHPian

hey raj, how is the ride going? Decided about the ICE?
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:19   #173
BHPian

Hey Raj, do plan for JBL components in the front, they are the best, in the rear you can go for some oval speakers on the parcel shelf tray. Or if you want the company provided slots utilised, you can fit coaxials on the rear door panels and avoid speakers on the rear parcel tray. Also try for a double din head unit it will look good on the dash too (since swift has a double din slot) .These are my personal preference with my experience in ICE till now. However final decision is yours. This is just my suggestion. You can add the sub and amplifier at a later stage however. You can feel the difference too then. Going stage by stage also feels good.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:35   #174
BHPian

@white_vdi: Yes, the one mentioned is Optra Magnum Diesel

Installed the ICE Today. Went to Motor Plaza in the afternoon and asked them for Pioneer 6050, GTO 947 and GTO 637. But they did not have GTO637 and hence took GT5-652 for the front doors as that was the only option they had.

The GTO 947(400W Max,100W RMS) has been installed on a wooden plank above the parcel compartment.
The GT5-652 has been fitted on the front doors. I felt that GT5-652 is not that good. Any idea on that product? I have not heard anything about it.Can it be compared to GTO -637?

The cost is as follows
Pioneer 6050 - 9250(with Warranty)
GTO 947 - 5300
GT5 562 - 2490

Total Cost(wooden plank, service charge, cables) - 18100

Will post the pictures soon.
Old 3rd November 2008, 23:54   #175
BHPian

hey raj thanx alot!!!!
i never knew we were driving the quickest diesel car around(under 11lacs). thanx again for making me feel great.

Last edited by white_vdi : 3rd November 2008 at 23:55.
Old 4th November 2008, 17:18   #176
BHPian

@ raj84,
have you any idea about how much the GTO937 costs?
Old 4th November 2008, 19:56   #177
BHPian

Great going Raj, I would love to see some pics of the install. JBL is a JBL after all, i dont think you wil have any prob with the sound quality. Later on you may add a subwoofer and amplifier, to improve the sound.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:31   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
hey raj thanx alot!!!!
i never knew we were driving the quickest diesel car around(under 11lacs). thanx again for making me feel great.
Yes, we can be proud. No car under the 11lakh price barrier comes close to the Swift VDI in terms of In Gear Acceleration(No idea about the new Honda City).Infact during my 4 month waiting period, my job was to check the magazine and compare the in gear acceleration of Swift VDI with many other cars.Even the Cedia doesnt come close to the Swift VDI. It is a true Beast and credit goes to Fiat for coming up with such a gem of an engine.

@ariendj: No Idea about GTO 937 and the cost. If I am not wrong, I think it is 3000-3500Rs(as I was looking for ICE during my waiting period)

@srikant: Will post the pics soon. Most probably by the end of the week, when I can take the pics in detail.

The GT5-652 is not great for the front doors. I cannot experience the sound coming from the front doors. Anyway when I go for an upgrade I can move it to the rear doors and find a good speaker for the front door
Old 5th November 2008, 13:02   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Pioneer 6050 - 9250(with Warranty)
GTO 947 - 5300
GT5 562 - 2490

Total Cost(wooden plank, service charge, cables) - 18100

Will post the pictures soon.
Hope the JBl speakers too are with bill and warranty card Raj. Here in Trichur they cost GTO-947- RS.4900 (without bill and warranty). Also GT5-650C costs 4000 (again without bill and warranty). I was checking out on them as i am planning an ICE upgrade on my Swift. Will start a new thread on that soon. Mean while am also on some research work.

Last edited by srikant : 5th November 2008 at 13:04.
Old 5th November 2008, 22:03   #180
BHPian

Updates

@srikant. Ya, the JBL speaker price is also with Warranty.

Updates on the Car

Now I have become a decent driver. Now I take the car to office daily, starting from the last Monday. Ofcourse I leave home early to avoid traffic. Yesterday I created two traffic jams, when I took reverse in the middle of the road.

The headlight is very poor and you cannot see the road ahead properly. I felt even the fog lamp wasnt that good as it did not make any difference to the illumination, with the headlights turned on. It may be effective in fog only.

The gearbox is still notchy and not slick and precise.The AC is very very effective that I have to turn it off within 3-5 minutes of switching it on.

The car moves on without accelerator in higher gears as well. This is a problem as I am not able to use Engine braking. For slowing down, I have to completely depress the clutch and then use the brake.Else the vehicle moves forward even though I have not pressed the accelerator.

Rattles?

I have not felt any rattles till now(touchwood). Once on the move the cabin is silent and no noise filters in, except for diesel clatter when down shifting

Tyres

The tyres are working fine. I am not able to know the advantage of XM1+, as I have not driven the car on any other tyre.

ABS

Never had the need to use ABS. It was never called into play. I was driving very carefully and relatively slow.

How am I driving?

I have not crossed 70kmph. 40-50 is the average speed and ocassionally 60kmph.
I dont shift to the fifth gear until I reach 60kmph.Is that fine?

Now started switching on the Stereo during driving. Earlier I did not as I wanted to listen to the engine sound for changing the gears properly as well as for clutch release sound

Seat Belts are now worn always.

More updates coming..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks