Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 04:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

@raj84 - You make me go back a year, when I was going through almost similar emotions while waiting for my Vdi - ABS. Then it was as rare as gold, too bad that the situation hasn't changed much after a year.

I think ABS vehicles still form only a miniscule percentage of Maruti's annual sales, maybe that is why they are not too bothered about the situation.
Old 19th August 2008, 06:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Guess you need to wait for a long period and the 25K which they have asked you is for the premium amount which you need to pay extra to get your vehicle early.

25K is the extra money you will be paying.

man 25K as only premium over the vehicle's cost? i can get a dzire vdi delivered in 2 days with that kind of amount and with 15k the vdi abs swift would be delivered! that like

that way way way above the limit!.

raj84 you can use all this time to brush up the driving skills better just to keep you occupied and make you really confident when you get the car!

DO NOT pay even 1 paise premium you will be really happy to spend all that on the accessories,alloys,tyres and ICE!, even if you have to wait its gonna pay off later on.

mind you this beast really needs tyre upgrade the stock are pathetic!!!

just my thoughts.
Old 19th August 2008, 06:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

@raj, we can understand the enthu you and your family will have in getting this car. And you already began to pay a small EMI (in form of parking space rent) for your car.
Hope you get is at eh earliest.
Yes, maruti needs to wake up and do something about this. 6 month wait is not a joke when we have several new car launches happening now in that 6 months period.
Old 19th August 2008, 12:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the 25k is a premium amount. I am planning to book the Zxi in Chennai, which apparently has a 2 month waiting period. So the dealer has asked me to pay 20k for booking the vehicle. And this has nothing to do with speedy delivery.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
mind you this beast really needs tyre upgrade the stock are pathetic!!!

just my thoughts.
The first thing I would be doing after getting my car, is to change the tyres to 185-70/R14 Michelin XM1+ . Read many good reviews about XM1+ in Team-BHP. Hence decided on that.

Since the car comes with ABS I would not go beyond 185. Dont want to take risk with ABS. Aura alloys, remote locking, ICE are all in the wish list. Just that the car has not yet come

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan;
@raj84 - You make me go back a year, when I was going through almost similar emotions while waiting for my Vdi - ABS.
Kuttappan I had read your post, on your waiting for your Swift VDI and how you had lost your sleep. Now I am in your situation and hope I will be happy soon just as you are now.

One thing that the dealer is not telling clearly - How many Swift VDI with ABS do they get in a month? Does Maruti send cars only as per the bookings currently with the dealer, or does the dealer get some random colours of swift. ie will the dealer be able to tell Maruti that he wants 3 Red VDI with ABS and 7 VDI with ABS etc. Or does Maruti send some colours randomly.
Old 19th August 2008, 16:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
The first thing I would be doing after getting my car, is to change the tyres to 185-70/R14 Michelin XM1+ . Read many good reviews about XM1+ in Team-BHP. Hence decided on that.

Since the car comes with ABS I would not go beyond 185. Dont want to take risk with ABS. Aura alloys, remote locking, ICE are all in the wish list. Just that the car has not yet come
I was not aware that upgrade of Tyre from 185 to 195 or 205 affects the ABS in anyway, Is that so? Can anyone throw some light on this?

A guy in Kotak bank told me i can get Vdi with Abs in 7 days flat(any color i want) as they had a tie up with dealer but i need to pay a premium of 25k to dealer for this. So i guess the premium rate is fixed all over India!
Old 27th August 2008, 21:40   #22
BHPian

Update on delivery date

Got an update from the Manager of the dealership. He said the car would be ready before September 25th. Dont know to what extent it is true.

Also after the launch of the Indica Vista, the novelty factor of the Swift has reduced. There is a much fresh and new car in the market.But still the style of the Swift has me tilted towards it.

I have one query. Is it possible to have the same wheel cap on a 185-70/R14 tyre. I plan to upgrade to Michelin XM1+ as soon as the car is out of the showroom. But Alloys will be added after a month or so. Hence would like to know if the same wheel caps can be fitted on the new Michelins till I upgrade to alloys.

Since the Indica Vista top model comes will ICE including 6 speakers,that too at nearly 30000 less than the Swift, we can hope to see the Swift VDi coming with ICE(just like the DZire VDi) soon.But even if Maruti start producing it from today, that car will reach a customer only after 8 months or more, due to their everlasting Waiting period
Old 27th August 2008, 21:52   #23
Team-BHP Support

Are you considering canceling the booking for the Vista? At least threaten the darned dealer, if you have not already
Old 27th August 2008, 22:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Eddy. You need to atleast threaten the dealer going with Vista if your vehicle is not delivered. The power plant in Vista and Swift is common. You will get lots of space inside+ICE etc.
Old 28th August 2008, 20:15   #25
BHPian

I threatened the Agent that I will be going for the new Indica one month back. As I did not get proper updates from him, I directly contacted the Manager. I contacted him through another person whom he knew well. Hence the Manager was really supportive(that is what I felt. Who knows what he would turn into on September 25th ).

If I make a threat of moving to Indica, the Manager may not make the delivery faster. He may not be affected at all. After all there are many people who are ready to buy Swift with ready cash. He can easily give my car to those people if I cancel the booking.After all, I have made a booking with just Rs 3000 and that is nothing for him. Hence I am afraid to threaten him at this point of time when he has made a promise.Will be constantly checking with him on the status.
Old 28th August 2008, 21:09   #26
TOR
BHPian

well raj, sorry to hear your plight, if the manager has promised september 25th ask him to give that in writing.Dont threaten, be cordial to the maximum and make him understand your situation(uncertain waiting et al).
About the wheel caps, there is no problem at all as the caps are fitted on the rims and not on the tyres
Old 16th September 2008, 20:08   #27
BHPian

Update

Called the Manager today, and he has confirmed that the car has been loaded onto the truck and the truck is on its way.It will take more than 10days to reach Trivandrum. So Manager has said that, by 20th September the car should be in Trivandrum

Now is there a twist to the story? On 20th September when I call again, will they say "Sir a Red VDi has come but that is not with ABS.Do you want it? "...Is that the trick? God only knows..Will wait till September 20th and let you all know the status
Old 16th September 2008, 21:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Called the Manager today, and he has confirmed that the car has been loaded onto the truck and the truck is on its way.It will take more than 10days to reach Trivandrum. So Manager has said that, by 20th September the car should be in Trivandrum

Now is there a twist to the story? On 20th September when I call again, will they say "Sir a Red VDi has come but that is not with ABS.Do you want it? "...Is that the trick? God only knows..Will wait till September 20th and let you all know the status
My Cousins friend is working as an Asst Manager in Maruti (kerala) and he told us few days back that Swift Vdi abs production has been halted due to some technical probs been faced by Maruti right now and thats why the waiting period has gone 6 months beyond.
Maybe this is the reason yours is getting delayed too.
Old 16th September 2008, 22:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you have a look into the Indica Vista? Both the power plants are same. Moreover, Vista provides more space. But it does not have ABS. You can always cancel the bookings of VDI and then opt for this if you like.

OR maybe you can wait and see till 20/09 and your vehicle might have got really loaded. ;-)

Last edited by snaronikar : 16th September 2008 at 22:12.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:25   #30
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th September 2008 at 14:59.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks