Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:37   #61
BHPian

junymathew:
The car looks too cool. Its way better than the old Indica.
Dont forget to post some interior pics.
Old 2nd October 2008, 20:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Juny, the pics are pretty nice and the car looks good in this color as well. But i must say the red color brings the best look on the Vista after seeing C-A-D's pics. These are nice pics as well so dont worry about the quality being bad! Hope you get to enjoy more of your car once you are back in Kerala.
Old 3rd October 2008, 10:01   #63
tez
BHPian

Juny, what about the problem you had mentioned about regarding suspension. Please share the problem and hopefully it was small and fixed by now.
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:30   #64

Quote:
Juny, what about the problem you had mentioned about regarding suspension. Please share the problem and hopefully it was small and fixed by now.
Yea bro the suspension niggles are completely solved by now after the first service. Last week my dad had given the vehicle for its first service and after that they have solved that problem.

I have told about the scratches on top right. Seeing the close up photos of the portion i cant identify any color difference or anything and the scratches have completely vanished. They did a pretty good job of repainting.

They also did a complete underbody coating for free. The irritating thing is that they have still not fitted the mud flaps, the floor mats and the steering grip. They say it has not yet arrived for the vista. As and when they arrive they promised to come to my house and fix them.

Now that it has covered more than 1000Kms will there be any problems if i rev it up a bit. I might be home next week and wana spend some good time with her.

Also about the Keyless entry. It seems they still do not have ones which will not make the warrantly void. So we are waiting for that as well.
Old 4th October 2008, 23:39   #65
BANNED

Quote:
they still do not have ones which will not make the warrantly void. So we are waiting for that as well
That is a heap of pothin chanakam. Get the mud flaps, steering grips and keyless entry fitted from some accessory shop.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:54   #66
RST

Can the Vista owners here let us know about the actual mileage they are getting?
Also are there any problem encountered due to reduced ground clearance with increased wheelbase?

Spotted very few vistas till date here in NCR, do any body has the idea why the deliveries are so slow?
Old 16th October 2008, 14:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST View Post
Can the Vista owners here let us know about the actual mileage they are getting?
FE discussions are being conducted here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-f-e-test.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST View Post
Also are there any problem encountered due to reduced ground clearance with increased wheelbase?
didnt find any problems till date. actually never felt that the GC was lower than the old V2 i had.
Old 16th October 2008, 14:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
The engineers and the test team! The public is not a guinea pig. And getting justice can be difficult in India. I am more wary of some manufacturers than others, though.

Heh, NP. Due to past experiences we approach similar situations in different ways. If this was USA I wouldn't mind buying the latest car (even from GM, Chrysler or Tata), but in India I am a bit cautious.
Guys, Are we forgetting here that Indian car market is no longer a monopoly...Just like the US...maybe on a smaller scale but the Indian buyer is no less demanding and many a time much more informed.

I dont think GM Ford honda Toyota hyundai will appreciate that comment that the standard of their Indian cars is less than their world cars. Poor Hyundai and Maruti will need to deliberately maintain two standards in the same factory if they wanted to have "Indian" and "world" standards.

I would suggest taking a deep breath and re think Ravi Kant or any other tata executive is dumb enough not to test a vehicle properly before getting it to the market when such competition exists...

If you talk about justice if i am unhappy about something i paid 5 lakhs for i will shout long and hard until i prevented atleast 50 others from giving their 5 lakhs up.

An i am not unique and every businessman out there knows it. Legal system does not even come into the picture if Tata wants to make money they better make something good so that the initial buyers dont make their crores go down the drain.

And we have enough stories of how manufacturers have had to deal with Indian consumer courts when they tripped up. I think that system is quite strong.

Rest in peace the public here is not a guinea pig.

Last edited by AadiAtPlay : 16th October 2008 at 14:42.
Old 16th October 2008, 18:48   #69
BHPian

The car looks incomplete without a set of good alloys
Old 17th October 2008, 09:21   #70
BHPian

i know...but man proposes, wallet disposes :(
Old 17th October 2008, 16:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
The car looks incomplete without a set of good alloys
yup. am desperately waiting for someone to do the needfull so we can have that pleasure
Old 19th October 2008, 20:01   #72
BHPian

got my black vista on 14th oct and i have changed to chrome alloys i have clicked some snaps with my mobile phone but feel 2 lazy to upload them
Old 19th October 2008, 23:26   #73
BHPian

Congrats on your new VISTA,I love Black with chrome alloys .cheers:
Dude its unfair,Dont let the hot cake sit in your system only
upload them soon we all are waiting......
Old 20th October 2008, 00:43   #74
Senior - BHPian

congratulations!
now get a pack of Moov for the neck too, the cluster is in the middle. lolz
Just kidding man!!

Enjoy and drive wisely.
TBHP urges you to use seatbelt at all times.
Old 20th October 2008, 01:28   #75
BHPian

Congrats!! and drive safe.
I think being an Fiat engine one can now Pete'fy the Vista also, is it??!! like the Swift D.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks