Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 12:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

@dockap, congrats for your new ride. Man, was waiting for your black Vista, don't be lazy and please upload the pics soon.
Old 20th October 2008, 12:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
got my black vista on 14th oct and i have changed to chrome alloys i have clicked some snaps with my mobile phone but feel 2 lazy to upload them

Black and Chrome -great combination, this is what i am going to try on my Black swift awaiting delivery next week. please do update us with the pics.
Old 20th October 2008, 15:23   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
got my black vista on 14th oct and i have changed to chrome alloys i have clicked some snaps with my mobile phone but feel 2 lazy to upload them
How can you do that to us
Post it mate!
Old 20th October 2008, 15:28   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
How can you do that to us
Post it mate!
he has! check the new thread!
Old 20th October 2008, 16:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
he has! check the new thread!
still cant find it. any link?
Old 20th October 2008, 18:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Congrats!! and drive safe.
I think being an Fiat engine one can now Pete'fy the Vista also, is it??!! like the Swift D.
Yup yup. Vista can be Pete'fyd. I PMd Peter and checked with him. Available for 28K for the Vista..

Quote:
still cant find it. any link?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vista-qjd.html is the link.. check Dockap's Vista's alloys there...
Old 20th October 2008, 19:28   #82
BHPian

[quote=k_ajay;1022588]Yup yup. Vista can be Pete'fyd. I PMd Peter and checked with him. Available for 28K for the Vista..
quote]
28k is too Much, My friend got it from abroad for mere 12K (Dragon) for his Swift.
Old 21st October 2008, 07:47   #83
BHPian

pete would void the warranty if that matters to you. you would have to disconnect it everytime you take it to a TASC
Old 21st October 2008, 20:22   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
pete would void the warranty if that matters to you. you would have to disconnect it everytime you take it to a TASC
I guess, it ok to remove once in a quarter- before service. Dragon has the Remote model, to On and Off, that can ensure, your engine is not always "peted" and only when required.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:30   #85
BHPian

that sounds good...and the better news is the service interval for Vista is 10000kms or 1 year, not every quarter.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
28k is too Much, My friend got it from abroad for mere 12K (Dragon) for his Swift.
Pete's = tried and tested... Dragon = not heard of..

Plus, it's costly since these boxes are new for Multijet, and new to the market [is my guess]. Pete's available for other diesel cars are reduced by couple of thousands, I read somewhere else in this forum...

Anyway, don't own a multi-jet to keep discussing on the Pete's box... But, it's a worthy add-on..
Old 21st October 2008, 22:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Pete's = tried and tested... Dragon = not heard of..

Plus, it's costly since these boxes are new for Multijet, and new to the market [is my guess]. Pete's available for other diesel cars are reduced by couple of thousands, I read somewhere else in this forum...

Anyway, don't own a multi-jet to keep discussing on the Pete's box... But, it's a worthy add-on..
Well last month i had inquired from a dealer in delhi for a Pete box for a swift Vdi and he gave me a quote of 28-29k so its not reduced for other diesel cars.
However in NCR traffic we barely do a max 80 and mostly go around between 40-60 so pete's box IMO is useless to an extent!
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:59   #88
BHPian

Quote:
However in NCR traffic we barely do a max 80 and mostly go around between 40-60 so pete's box IMO is useless to an extent!
thats the same in hyd'bad too. but i heard that Pete's box results in improved torque which in turn results in better FE. if this is true, one need not always "rip" a pete'ed car to derive the benefits.
Old 22nd October 2008, 13:09   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well last month i had inquired from a dealer in delhi for a Pete box for a swift Vdi and he gave me a quote of 28-29k so its not reduced for other diesel cars.
Harry,

Swift 'Vdi' - same engine as Vista n Mjd Palio... Obviously price is still the same [28k]..

I remember reading somewhere that Pete's is also available for around 20K. I doubt [don't remember well] if those are the ones installed on Skoda n other diesel cars..

Pete's box will be useful on long trips and highway runs, if not in city.. Those who own it can comment on it here...
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Harry,

Swift 'Vdi' - same engine as Vista n Mjd Palio... Obviously price is still the same [28k]..

I remember reading somewhere that Pete's is also available for around 20K. I doubt [don't remember well] if those are the ones installed on Skoda n other diesel cars..

Pete's box will be useful on long trips and highway runs, if not in city.. Those who own it can comment on it here...
Ajay, i had enquired from all the 4 dealers in delhi and the quote comes at 28k around only. If someone has got it for 20k kindly reveal the details so others can benefit from it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks