Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 23:20   #1

Got my Indica Vista!

Hello everybody.

This is my first post on this forum though i have been a regular visitor here for last 4 months. I just wanted to share my very short experience with the Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura Cavern Gray.

Well we booked the car on Aug 26th from St Antonies Motors Kottayam Kerala and it was delivered on Sept 6th. Sadly i had to leave home on Sept 7th. So i couldnt really spent some time with her. You might ask me why i dint post so long after buying it. Anyways here i am. Let me start from the beginning

My brother had to leave to US on Sept 7th. He was buying the car for my Dad. So he really wanted to have the car before leaving. After lots and lots of calls finally we got the Happy news. "Come on Sept 6th between 11 and 11:30. We will deliver the car". Woaaah. I felt great.

We reached sharply by 11. I couldnt hide my excitement after seeing my Baby parked in the garage. They were just about taking it for Wash. We went and had a look at the car. It was looking good. Closer inspection revealed some minor scratches on the Top portion. Should have happened while unloading. Other than that she looked perfect. After written confirmation from them that they will repaint and make it alright by the first service we agreed to take it.

Then the real shocker. the Odo had 350K's on it. felt really apprehensive. But after assurances from Top Most manager that it is from direct TATA Motors orders that they should test all initial vistas that much, we decided to go ahead with it.The wait was really really frustrating. You could see her but could not take her home. Well by 3:00 pm eveything was over. They key was delivered and our photos taken. Since it was their first delivery and since stocks have not come they coudlnt provide us with Floor mats and MudFlaps and Steering Grip.

I was awed when my bro told that i could ride her home. We got it in, windows were fully closed. I turned on the ignition. I was waiting for something to happen. Thats when my bro asked me to start driving. oh my god it was actually turned on. I couldnt feel anything from inside. The engine felt so smooth. Interiors felt really fresh. Doors closed with a nice thud but not quite good as my FIAT UNO door closing. It is just my perspection. Turned on the AC and put it at max. REally chilled down real fast. I started freezing literally.

AFter having driven around in a FIAT UNO 1.7 D for last 7 years i did not know how she'll behave. I put it in First gear and gently pushed the pedal. She started rolling smoothly. Gathered speed and was riding in 4th at 60Ks. The gears are absolute wonder to shift.Clutch felt really light and brake has got reall good bite. But i missed the dead pedal of my UNO. The hydraulic power steering gave good feed back and i could enjoy steering.

Driver Seating is excellent. With the steering wheel adjustable for rake and seat adjustable for height, i could find myself the perfect driving position. Im 6 feet tall. No problems there. We were going through some rough roads and vista seemed to float over them. All i could hear and feel was some muted thuds. Then it started raining indeed heavily. I turned on the viper. I dint like the vipers they dint seem particularly good at their job. Some times they were not going over the glass smoothly. Power window buttons look and feel very cheap. The storage space on the door cannot oven hold a bottle. Side mirrors are very small and are not convex. Field of vision is ok but not quite very good.

We were going at around 40K's when a Red Swift Vdi came and overtook us in a rather unruly way. I couldnt hold down my instincts. I forgot that it was a brand new car. I shifted down to 3rd and floored the pedal. The acceleration was amazing. Even though the power delivery is much linear than the swift i could still feel the turbo kicking in at around 1.8k rpm. The engine was smooth during acceleration and it was not at all loud. I almost felt like driving a petrol. it was really smooth.

All of that is a drivers perspective. Now After reaching home we took my Father Mother and sister along for a drive. There was ample space at the back for 3 people. Leg room is quite good even with the I felt 4 normal people could sit quite well at the last seat. Thigh support is v good and seating position is very comfortable. My mother was so happy because of the tremendous comfort and space inside. The ride quality at the back is quite amazing. Head room at the back is a little low for me as my head were really close to the roof while leaning backand i feel a really good pothole will have my head touching the roof.

The rear defogger was also not doing a good job at clearing the mist on the rear windows. Rear wiper was working fine.Lights are very good and you will have very good visibility.I felt it was a bit difficult reversing as the visibility is not that good. The real let down was the boot. It is not even as big as my UNO's. Sad there was no ABS and Airbag but we needed a car urgently and Vista fitted our budjet pretty well.

Overall i had a great experience with her though for jus one day. I feel it is a very good car and is a real good competitor to the Swift Vdi. I am waiting to go back home and get back on the driver seat. Will update you once i really spend some time with her.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

Great review, the first one on the forum too.

Juny: Can we have a separate thread for the ownership review ? If yes, I am sure the mods will oblige.
Old 17th September 2008, 00:23   #3
BHPian

nice, do post some pics. Happy driving!
Old 17th September 2008, 00:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Juny: Can you post some pics of your new Vista, perhaps in new thread too?. I saw the car in the showroom(posted pics on page6) but i'd like to see an 'on the road' car, if possible. I wasn't too impressed with the build quality , though it is a vast improvement over the old Indica.
Old 17th September 2008, 14:58   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations and great choice in the Vista Quadrajet! That Fiat engine + gearbox works wonders in the Vista. How about sharing some pictures of your beauty?

A suggestion : Don't get the roof repainted only for minor scratches. Factory finish is factory finish. And don't revv that engine, overtaking Swifts notwithstanding.

Drive safe.
Old 17th September 2008, 15:03   #6
BHPian

Juny : Congrats on your purchase - as others have already requested, share some pics please.
Old 17th September 2008, 15:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Would be nice if you put up a comparo with your old Uno & Vista.

Like GTO said, don't get the roof painted unless there are serious scratches.
Old 17th September 2008, 15:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for being the first owner of the new Vista on Team-BHP.

Enjoy your ride nice and safe.
Old 17th September 2008, 15:35   #9
BHPian

congrats on ur buy, Juny
Drive safe, and take care.

And dont forget to post snaps of ur baby
Old 17th September 2008, 15:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on being the first owner of a Vista on this forum. Wish you many miles with smiles, I think you have made a very wise decision
Old 17th September 2008, 15:42   #11
BHPian

Congrats for your buy and also for being the first on Team-BHP.

Waiting eagerly for the pics.
Old 17th September 2008, 16:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey Juny,

Congrats on your new car!! Awesome choice since there have been some very positive views about the Vista QJ on T-Bhp as well as some of the auto mags. Wishing you many miles with smiles on your new car.

Now please dont make us wait longer and post detailed pics of the exterior and the interiors!!
Old 17th September 2008, 16:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. So, your are the Pioneer in owning the Vista in this forum. Great to hear. Enjoy driving.
Old 17th September 2008, 16:28   #14
BHPian

Juny, Congrats on the new Indica Vista. Do post Pics. I presume you are the same Juny from MTRS ICSE 2000 batch?
Old 17th September 2008, 16:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Is this the first Vista on the forum?

Great going Mathew! Congrats!

Pictures are in order!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks