Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 00:25   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yes, that is an issue. But then this is a discrepancy in itself. For the same engine, the oil change intervals for the Swift and Palio differ, and by quite a lot. 10k v/s 7.5k.
Do both companies recommend the same grade of oil?

I am planning to stick to 7.5 k interval for the moment.
Old 24th October 2008, 01:17   #152
Team-BHP Support

Not sure about Fiat but its API CH 4 Compliant for the swift. I use Mobil delvac 1300 though most of the MASS' here in delhi use Servo oils.
Old 13th November 2008, 23:08   #153
Senior - BHPian

Hey i wanna know if the Built in Audio unit in Vista which most people are saying is Clarion does it has a built in bluetooth? Any idea?
Old 14th November 2008, 09:16   #154
BHPian

it is Clarion, but no Bluetooth
Old 17th November 2008, 08:26   #155
BHPian

Hello CAD

Have the FE figures improved any further. I have been following your thread since the very begining. At that time i was looking to for a diesel hatch and had to choose between Palio and Vista ( both top ends ). Decided upon Vista, but then when i read ownership review from you and a from a few other Vista owners on Team-BHP, everybody seemed to be dissapointed with the FE that Vista was returning, which is really very strange as all 3 share the same engine, no, as both of them share the same engine ( i just didnt considered the SWIFT as option for myself )
FE was something that i was very keen on, I have a daily running of 70kms or so, so by looking and comparing FE figures of Palio and Vista, decided to go for the Palio. I am awaiting for the delivery as of now, should be delivered to me in a day or two.
But i do really want to thank you in helping me with all your inputs through out the thread.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:22   #156
BHPian

hey Bubby! whatever gave u the impression that i am unhappy with the FE of the Vista???!!!!

before first service it was averaging around 14-15 kmpl and now its always 17+. my highest in town was 19.x kmpl a couple of weeks ago.

yesterday's team-bhp ride to Bidar gave me an average of 23.6kmpl!

there is a seperate thread on FE going on. please go through the discussions in that:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-f-e-test.html
Old 17th November 2008, 14:22   #157
Senior - BHPian

Bubby,

Its just about where/how you drive. And the Palio is a fantastic car - just STAY AWAY from Vivek. Rest pm architect and he'll share how he's managing 18-19in city of late

Just buy a good audio system for the Palio to take care of NVH.

PS: If you wanted better FE, take a Swift

Last edited by phamilyman : 17th November 2008 at 14:24.
Old 18th November 2008, 09:02   #158
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post

before first service it was averaging around 14-15 kmpl and now its always 17+. my highest in town was 19.x kmpl a couple of weeks ago.

yesterday's team-bhp ride to Bidar gave me an average of 23.6kmpl!
Hey CAD... Thats really a great news for the VISTA owners... 23.6kmpl under any conditions is like... WOW !!! I always felt that the real FE values only come to the table only after 5ks of initial running. But the situation with me was such that I would had to wait for atleast 4 to 5 months for somebody to complete 5ks on there VISTA and i was in a immidiate need of the car, so having no other option had to rely on initial FE figures, which were not impressive, and I just didnt wanted to risk it, so went for the Palio. There were many BHPians who have Palios, which have done more then 5ks and even more then 10ks for that matter, with impressive FE figures.
Nothing against VISTAcheers:... its a wonderful car... i was one the first person who test drove it in Delhi on 23rd August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Bubby,

Its just about where/how you drive. And the Palio is a fantastic car - just STAY AWAY from Vivek. Rest pm architect and he'll share how he's managing 18-19in city of late

Just buy a good audio system for the Palio to take care of NVH.
Thanks Phamilyman for the inputs... i would for sure stay away from Vivek... how is SANYA for that matter?
I am already in touch with Architect and his valuable inputs are really helpful.
I will be going for 500W to take care of NVH

But once again, nothing against VISTA owners, i am sure you will enjoy great FE from the car past 5ks. Its just a superb car. I didnt had time on my side so couldnt wait for an long term ownership review from a VISTA owner, so therefore went for the PALIO.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th November 2008 at 21:22. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:20   #159
Senior - BHPian

Not Sanya man. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak should be your mantra! Seriously man. Ask around anyy NCR junta, or just hop onto the PalioUsersIndia yahoogroup.

Or even call mangesh, service manager, Fiat. He will also tell Samyak
Old 18th November 2008, 12:28   #160
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Quote:
Not Sanya man. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak should be your mantra! Seriously man. Ask around anyy NCR junta, or just hop onto the PalioUsersIndia yahoogroup.
Once again Thanks Phamilyman... i will stick with Samyak... Phamilyman i think we should get off CAD's thread on VISTA... or else he will be after me... as we are discussing more on Palio rather then on Vista.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th November 2008 at 21:32. Reason: See note.
Old 20th November 2008, 19:50   #161
BHPian

Samyak is now Elegant!

Quote:
Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak .. Samyak
They've now changed their name to Elegant Cars.

As I read from this thread.
Old 21st November 2008, 00:36   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
They've now changed their name to Elegant Cars.

As I read from this thread.
Glifford Saar,

I am the one who has written that post on your link. We still call it Samyak because that's what they were called when they were "Fiat" dealers. Elegant Cars is their new "Tata-Fiat" avatar!

Bubby, please stay away from Vivek.

Now let's get out of this Vista thread before C-A-D accuses of hijack!!
Old 26th November 2008, 14:11   #163
Senior - BHPian

Hi CAD,
Every time I suggest an Indica Vista to anyone, the first thing they say is that they want to wait until there are more on the road so they can gauge the reliability, performance and ***.

What made you go in for it at this time? (I would, by the way, but I had already picked up a Spark at family's insistence).

How have you found the interiors to be if they were compared with an i10 (most people do compare the two) in terms of quality, fit and finish and finally any rattles?

Old Indica's front suspension used to be too soft and rear too stiff, plus the fact that the tyres seemed to be always under-inflated at the front (even though the pressure would be correct). This was rectified to an extent in the Xeta and with the 14inchers in the Turbo. How does the Vista rate?

Finally, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I was in Forum (Bangalore) a few days ago when a petrol Vista was being parked. I hung around to see and although I did see, what I really noticed was the awesome exhaust note she has. I mean really deep and with a lot of volume (not loud, but as in space - dunno how to explain).

Congrats (a bit belated, but there it is), and Thanks for all the info!
Old 26th November 2008, 14:56   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
What made you go in for it at this time?
my main criteriea were Space for 5 people and FE. moreover I am a very satisfied Tata customer since last 5 years and didnt mind sticking to Tata when they offered Vista
Quote:
How have you found the interiors to be if they were compared with an i10 (most people do compare the two) in terms of quality, fit and finish and finally any rattles?
i10 has far higher quality of interiors of course. fit and finish are miles ahead of my old V2 and it feels great to sit inside and drive. 3000+ kms and no rattles yet.
Quote:
Old Indica's front suspension used to be too soft and rear too stiff, plus the fact that the tyres seemed to be always under-inflated at the front (even though the pressure would be correct). This was rectified to an extent in the Xeta and with the 14inchers in the Turbo. How does the Vista rate?
the suspension is soft but the technology has changed from Vista. its now more comfortable and rides like a dream on bad roads.
Old 1st December 2008, 16:24   #165
Senior - BHPian

CAD few q's for you regarding the Vista-
1.- The guy at the td claimed after first service it will give 17 kmpl in city and 20 on highway, how much is yours giving?
2.- I felt there is a turbo lag till 2k rpm, do you feel it as well?
3.- Are you satisfied with the brakes as the vehicle i TD had quiet less brakes.
4.- Any issues regarding the car till now?
5.- How much service bill you got till now? Satisfied with the A.S.S?
6.- I was told by sales guy any upgradation to 15' tyres will void warranty, were you told the same?
Will appreciate the time.

Last edited by harry10 : 1st December 2008 at 16:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks