Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2008, 18:57   #31
BHPian

Congratulations on you new Vista. Recently I test drove one. The interiors are really good and much better than Indica.

How do you find the gear shift comapred to Palio or Swift? I found it was bit notchy , may be due to the fact that it had run only 200 km.

Do write about yor experience about vieiwng the centre console?
Old 27th September 2008, 20:31   #32
BHPian

congrats on your new ride , its a nice car .
Old 27th September 2008, 20:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new "FIRST" Vista Deisel. Awaiting a "proper" report !!!!!! Seems like TATA is getting it's act together.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2008, 21:21   #34
BHPian

Congrats CtrlAltDel!!!
Pics pics!
Old 27th September 2008, 21:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

The Vista seems to be very camera shy . This is the second vista ownership thread sans pictures
Old 27th September 2008, 21:58   #36
BHPian

Congrats on your new car ! please post some pics of your car " beige seat covers. and carpet as well will love to seen it........
Old 28th September 2008, 00:38   #37
BHPian

myself and my friend went last week to concorde motors, chennai for a TD. interior look - its a sea change when compared to older indica. but the sales person told us it will take 40 days to deliver.otherwise my friend wuld have booked then. so my friend is now in dilemma and looking for getz crde.
Old 28th September 2008, 03:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Awaiting the pics, C-A-D!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
myself and my friend went last week to concorde motors, chennai for a TD. interior look - its a sea change when compared to older indica. but the sales person told us it will take 40 days to deliver.otherwise my friend wuld have booked then. so my friend is now in dilemma and looking for getz crde.
I would suggest he wait for the i20 (that's what i am doing!!) - it is almost there, and looks good.
Old 28th September 2008, 06:55   #39
BHPian

thanks again, guys!

I will be clicking pictures today and will put them up by tonight, hopefully. i plan to take it to some convenient outdoor location for the shoot.

Yesterday I had the 3M coating done at the showroom itself. cost me 2600. there is a marked difference in the color now - more glow can be seen and the skin is smoother to touch.

and then, I took it to an accessory shop and fitted the following - Pioneer "Yellowcone" 6X9 ovals (330 Watts) on a wooden plank in the rear and Sony 222 2-Way amp. i put of adding sub-woofer to a few months later. I selected that speaker for the formidable "thump" it generates without a sub-woofer. It has a "cloth" cone rather than the usual kevlar paper and that ensures a heavy bass.

The amp has been placed right at the end of the front passenger seat footwell, so deep in that its impossible for anyone to reach in and kick it.

now with 8 speakers (the 2 new ones plus the 6 stock speakers: 4 doors and tweeters on dash), my fave hiphop and rock CDs sound like they should! the fader setup now considers the new speakers and the rear door setup together as the "Rear".

the audio setup cost me 8000/- (incl. wiring)

after registration i would add sun-film and later if required reverse parking sensors. that would be it, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP
How do you find the gear shift comapred to Palio or Swift? I found it was bit notchy , may be due to the fact that it had run only 200 km.
I found it quite ok. very comfortable in fact. any notchiness would disappear with more KMs on the odo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP
Do write about yor experience about vieiwng the centre console?
it was no problem at all. one need not turn the head away from traffic to view it. its comfortably placed and they info can be read by just a sideways glace, like looking at the digital clock at the center of V2's console. its also well lit and one need not strain eyes to decipher the readings.

I feel its no different from glancing downwards to look at the odo/speedo at the traditional location behind the wheel.

another nifty feature is the anti-glare inner rear view mirror. at night if the vehicles behind the car have headlamp in high beam, one just has to tilt the mirror downwards and get a suitably dimmed view. this view should not be used when there are no glaring headlights behind or in daytime (it presents a dimmer view, like viewing thru dark sunglasses).

i found that the brakes could have been better. its not bad but only adequate. its fine for slow driving in traffic but high speed drivers have to be careful. if TATA sells ABS kits down the line I would defintiely go for it.

one issue I found yesterday was that while taking U-turns when the steering wheel is fully turned to the max, the horn doesnt function. the wheel has to be slightly turned away from max limit for horn to function again. I will take it to the workshop soon to see it its an issue in my car only or in Vista in general.
please look out for this in any testdrive and let us know.

thats it for now. I will take the car for the photo shoot today, hopefully round 10am.
Old 28th September 2008, 07:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I would suggest he wait for the i20 (that's what i am doing!!) - it is almost there, and looks good.
But the i20 will be more expensive than the Indica Vista by a good margin.
Old 28th September 2008, 08:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
But the i20 will be more expensive than the Indica Vista by a good margin.
Definitely yes - but Benkey2 was talking about the Getz CRDi. i20 and Getz CRDi should be in the same ball-park, what with the Getz Pocket-Rocket costing 6.30 L in Chennai (On road)!

But this is !! Lets await the pics today - this is my 4th round through this thread looking for the Pics
Old 28th September 2008, 09:32   #42
BHPian

yeah the brakes could have been better like ctrl del said should be fine in city driving but on highways with high speeds should be really careful . I wonder what the correct upsize for this car would be .
Old 28th September 2008, 11:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi CtrlAltDel & Chetan,

> i found that the brakes could have been better. its not bad but only
> adequate. its fine for slow driving in traffic but high speed drivers have to > be careful.

From my experience with the CVT, the brakes would be fine after they are run in. Initially with an automatic, I was extra cautious about the braking. But with more mileage, the brakes are as good as in any car and I am confident of the stopping distances now. Even the feel changed for the better.

> if TATA sells ABS kits down the line I would defintiely go for it.

Backward integration won't be easy and may not be available. ABS per se won't improve a bad brake. It only helps in not locking the brakes and helos you steer your car in an emergency braking situation. As many people here say, ABS won't prevent skidding of a car under emergency braking.

> one issue I found yesterday was that while taking U-turns when the
> steering wheel is fully turned to the max, the horn doesnt function.

Is it to any particular side of turning? It could be a one off problem. Have it checked.

By the way, is the larger turning radius a big issue?
Old 28th September 2008, 16:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
From my experience with the CVT, the brakes would be fine after they are run in.
hope you are right...anyway i will address this in the first service, or earlier if i face any difficulty because of that while driving. as of now its not causing any difficulty since i am aware about it and am not driving fast.
Quote:
Backward integration won't be easy and may not be available. ABS per se won't improve a bad brake.
u have a point there...but i heard maruthi is installing ABS on non-ABS Swifts.
Quote:
Is it to any particular side of turning? It could be a one off problem. Have it checked.
till now i have only made u-turns to the right. this occurs at the end of the turning radius when I cant turn it any further. from there, even if i straighten it by a millimeter, i am able to sound the horn. i will get it checked in first service too.
Quote:
By the way, is the larger turning radius a big issue?
not really because i am used to the radius in the V2. if anyone had driven a vehicle with a smaller radius earlier (alto, Wagon R or even NHC for example) then they might have an issue initially.
Old 28th September 2008, 17:14   #45
BHPian

ok...here are some pictures

today at 1130 i, along with wife, son and a cousin drove to Necklace Road for the photo shoot. since it was a sunday morning, it was quite free and I was able to commandeer an empty parking lot of the Necklace Road railway station for the shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-001.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-016.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-008.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-032.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-014.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-015.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-020.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-006.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-007.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-030.jpg  

Collected my Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura, Gala Red-vista-010.jpg