Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 17:56   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
1.- The guy at the td claimed after first service it will give 17 kmpl in city and 20 on highway, how much is yours giving?
its giving 16.5-18 kmpl in city, 100% AC. one week i got an astounding 19.x kmpl! on the highway it gave around 22-23 kmpl.
prior to first service it was giving 14-16kmpl in city.
Quote:
2.- I felt there is a turbo lag till 2k rpm, do you feel it as well?
its there but its for a very short duration. in fact the i feel the (gentle) turbo thrust before 2000rpm: around 1750-1800 in fact.
Quote:
3.- Are you satisfied with the brakes as the vehicle i TD had quiet less brakes.
i'd rate it adequate. good enough for the city and normal driving, but not confidence inspiring for speeding 100 kmph+ on highways
Quote:
4.- Any issues regarding the car till now?
only a minor one: before the first service, the horn was not sounding when the steering wheel was fully turned (like in a full u-turn). it was a loose connection that was fixed in the first service.
Quote:
5.- How much service bill you got till now? Satisfied with the A.S.S?
1st completed. i am experiencing TATA A.S.S since 2003 and i have seen it only improving. I have never had a bad time with Tata A.S.S. thats one reason why I confidently went for Vista after selling my V2.
Quote:
6.- I was told by sales guy any upgradation to 15' tyres will void warranty, were you told the same?
yes it would. thats the first thing i asked them. adding same size alloys wont void it tho (there was a discussion on some thread about that).
Old 1st December 2008, 19:01   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
its giving 16.5-18 kmpl in city, 100% AC. one week i got an astounding 19.x kmpl! on the highway it gave around 22-23 kmpl.

Sounds really satisfying. Could you also tell me the gear ratio changes and driving style as well.

i'd rate it adequate. good enough for the city and normal driving, but not confidence inspiring for speeding 100 kmph+ on highways only a minor one:

Thats what i felt. I was doing 110(in city itself) and wasnt confident about the brakes.

1st completed. i am experiencing TATA A.S.S since 2003 and i have seen it only improving. I have never had a bad time with Tata A.S.S. thats one reason why I confidently went for Vista after selling my V2.

Could you tell me the brake up of first service and did they gave you any estimate how much will be an average service cost?

yes it would. thats the first thing i asked them. adding same size alloys wont void it tho (there was a discussion on some thread about that).

Precisely thats what i was told. And when i asked him if i wanna add 15' ones, he said in that case dont sell the stock and just change tyres while getting serviced
My reply in bold above. Thanks for the reply and also have you TD the Ikon tdci yet?
Old 1st December 2008, 21:27   #168
Senior - BHPian

In addition to below Q's -
Did you opted for Anti Rust coating and Paint protection coating and also could you tell me are they useful to go for?
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:42   #169
BHPian

i went for the "teflon" (dupont) coating a day after i took delivery. no anti-rust as of now. i was told by the showroom guys that its not required as of now.

i will answer your queries in another thread i will open in the Long Term Ownership forum.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 2nd December 2008 at 10:55.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:46   #170
Senior - BHPian

the dupont thingie is not very useful for light shades. dark shades look gorgeous with it applied though.
Also not recommended if you are going to leave it in the sun

Last edited by greenhorn : 2nd December 2008 at 10:49.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:00   #171
BHPian

Quote:
CAD few q's for you regarding the Vista-
5.- How much service bill you got till now? Satisfied with the A.S.S?
I have got 2 services done already and both the services were with Zero bill. I have not opted for oil change.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:58   #172
BHPian

Regarding Warranty void for 15", it will affect only the Suspension and not the engine warranty or any other areas in the car.

Can anyone confirms this please? If QuadraJet peak torque is met at 1750 RPM, i.e. 190@1750 RPM, then turbo should be kicking at 1750 is it not? There is no mention at any of the Vista documents.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:46   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Regarding Warranty void for 15", it will affect only the Suspension and not the engine warranty or any other areas in the car.

Can anyone confirms this please?
it will affect the warranty. thats enough to scare most people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
If QuadraJet peak torque is met at 1750 RPM, i.e. 190@1750 RPM, then turbo should be kicking at 1750 is it not? There is no mention at any of the Vista documents.
u are right abt the turbo RPM but the manual doesnt mention anything about the turbo or even the correct RPMs. they just mentioned the speed (kmph) suitable for each gear.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:55   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
u are right abt the turbo RPM but the manual doesnt mention anything about the turbo or even the correct RPMs. they just mentioned the speed (kmph) suitable for each gear.
Even Auto magazines are not clear about this. Tata should clear this as it could be a USP for the Vista.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:54   #175
Senior - BHPian

CAD, A belated congratulations on your wheels. Your pics were super. Great FE. All in all the Vista qJet seems a good all round car with VFM. I have been following this thread for some time now but i couldn't find a mention of the ex showroom price or on road price. Any Inputs? Also read somewhere that the gear ratios were too closely spaced. In other words, one reaches the change over RPM too soon and needs to change gears again.
Old 10th December 2008, 08:44   #176
Senior - BHPian

Hi CAD, are you ready for long term ownership report?
Old 11th December 2008, 22:17   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Hi CAD, are you ready for long term ownership report?
yes sir, here it is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1089602
Old 16th December 2008, 16:34   #178
BHPian

[quote=CtrlAltDel;1089603]yes sir, here it is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...602[/quote]

hey buddy! it took me two months almost 2 months to finalize which car I will be driving in 2009. Honestly I had been a die hard fan of swift ddis. Over my research I realized that suzuki (and not just the dealers) is too rigid in mentality to offer good benefits to the customers esp. on diesel. Considering the current market scenario and the vfm that vista offers I decided to book vista. I too have booked the same gala red as yours, just yesterday. getting the dely. on 29th dec which happens to be my wife's "happy budday"
believe u me, your reviews helped me to make up my mind to join the Tata club no one else than you would understand my euphoric state of mind at the moment.
cheers bro!
Old 16th December 2008, 20:23   #179
BHPian

Congrats Kunal,
Wishing you to get the delivery on time.
Old 16th December 2008, 20:51   #180
BHPian

Congrats Kunal

Enjoy the the space it offers inside the cabin, its a great car drive.

CADs thread is really a good guide for some one who is looking for specifically VISTAs performance reviews, as on Team BHP he is the only one who done max. number of kms on Vista.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks