Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:57   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Isn't it more logical to spend around 1.5 lacs more and buy an Altis which has more features instead of ANHC!
What! I thought the difference is 3 lakhs or so. ANHC top end manual is 10L on road, while lowest Altis (of course with alloys and more features than the top end ANHC) will cost 13L on road.
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:57   #197

great piece. but i wonder, if city had an edge over SX4 it was in its finish, which it clearly seems to have lost. though ur comments were encouraging, but i'll wait and see if it can beat an SX4 in drive experience and its don't-bother-with-the-terrain ability. post which if one looks at the feature list (which City still doesn't match) then i really wonder what do they expect someone to pay that additional lakh or more. perhaps to be able to drive a car with paddle shift.
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:04   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't it more logical to spend around 1.5 lacs more and buy an Altis which has more features instead of ANHC!
Good point, dude ! Another alternative is the proven Civic, which is far more appealing!
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:08   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
What! I thought the difference is 3 lakhs or so. ANHC top end manual is 10L on road, while lowest Altis (of course with alloys and more features than the top end ANHC) will cost 13L on road.
Even the base one has got many extra features and will be around 11.5 on road. Not a bad deal when compared with ANHC IMO + the segment also becomes a notch higher.

@vnabhi - yes the civic is far much better to be considered.

Last edited by harry10 : 23rd October 2008 at 21:13.
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:18   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good point, dude ! Another alternative is the proven Civic, which is far more appealing!
There is another catch, they removed the S variant from Civic and put a E for that price - which is just too much. If you want atleast a good feel then you must go for the V manual, which is 12.22 lakhs which easily becomes over 14 lakhs on road!!

Dont know why Honda has done this. Probably Altis sales will get a boost.
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:26   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Well depends my friend, we all have to fix a budget somewhere.
Personally I had fixed a budget of 10L OTR (after stretching it a bit), an additional 1.5L extra is greatly stretching it (the rubber band can snap)

Anyways the ANHC and it's dealers apathy has dissappointed me and I'm settling on a totally different vehicle (Fiesta 1.6S). I'm on my way to the dealer to book my car tomorrow, the wait is over finally.
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:12   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Anyways the ANHC and it's dealers apathy has dissappointed me and I'm settling on a totally different vehicle (Fiesta 1.6S). I'm on my way to the dealer to book my car tomorrow, the wait is over finally.
Congrats!
Welcome to the Fiesta Club cheers:
Seems like quite a lot of people are choosing Fiesta over New City after seeing the new City..
..and i was not alone!
Will get my car too (hopefully) tomorrow, the Black Sxi
Old 24th October 2008, 18:14   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Bangle View Post
great piece. but i wonder, if city had an edge over SX4 it was in its finish, which it clearly seems to have lost. though ur comments were encouraging, but i'll wait and see if it can beat an SX4 in drive experience and its don't-bother-with-the-terrain ability. post which if one looks at the feature list (which City still doesn't match) then i really wonder what do they expect someone to pay that additional lakh or more. perhaps to be able to drive a car with paddle shift.
SX4 vs NHC (VTEC) / ANHC is a futile debate. Even if the former pleases with an initial, and maybe misleading VFM tag, it's the drive that matters most.
Old 24th October 2008, 20:18   #204
BHPian

SX4 vs AHNC i can understand....but Fiesta vs AHNC...
Old 24th October 2008, 20:25   #205
Senior - BHPian

performance

If the performance is an important thing, will this city give a run for the money for the Lancer Cedia???

Lets see at some numbers:

City(SMT)

Power 118PS @ 6600 rpm
Weight 1110Kg

Power/Weight 106
(BHP/tonne)

Tyres 175/65 R15

Turning Radius 5.3m

Torque 146Nm @ 4800 rpm

engine 1.5L
Power/volume 79
(BHP/ liter)

Price 8.4Lakhs
(Ex-showroom Hyd)

Cedia(Sports)

Power 115PS @ 5250 rpm
Weight 1225Kg

Power/Weight 94
(BHP/tonne)

Tyres 195/60R15

Turning Radius 4.9m

Torque 175Nm @ 4250 rpm

engine 2L
Power/volume 58
(BHP/ liter)

Price 9.5Lakhs
(Ex-showroom Hyd)

PS: Somebody please fill in the Top Speeds and Acceleration figures. If possible in gear acceleration figures.
Old 24th October 2008, 20:51   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
If the performance is an important thing,.........
You put the same comparison between the City and Civic, then no one will buy Civic by paying >4L more!

But in the end of the day, it is much more than these comparisons - of course this is one of the points.

Last edited by Path_Finder : 24th October 2008 at 20:52.
Old 24th October 2008, 20:52   #207
Senior - BHPian

MITSUBISHI LANCER CEDIA-Overdrive

According to OD, the Cedia takes 11.04 secs to 100 but the car they tested had 125ps while you say it is 115 bhp (even Mitsu website says 115 - Mitsubishi ).

Shan2nu
Old 24th October 2008, 21:51   #208
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the car at the showroom yesterday, My observations:

1) The car dosen't look as radical as it does in the pix

2) Interiors are HORRIBLE!!! They look cheap and dosent have that built to last feel!

2) Plastics are worse!! The indica vista has better plastics.

4)The carpets were crudely cut and the seats were already looking old(This is a one day old car!!)

5) Rear bumper too small, even a minor ding from a biker is sure to shatter the tail lamp.

6)Sound system is decent, nothing great.

7)Instrument cluster is too bling! Will get tired of it soon enough, belongs in a playstation, not in a 9.5 lac rupee car.

8) gearknob is from the NHC base model!!

After seeing the G3HC, i've decided not to upgrade my NHC!!!
Old 24th October 2008, 22:39   #209
BHPian

it's still rocking the 4 lug

Overall the car seems to be a great upgrade from what it is right now, and I"m pretty sure it will do well in sales.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:17   #210
BHPian

ANHC - not exciting

1) The car dosen't look as radical as it does in the pix

I agree with JayD.

I throroughly checked out the car at ACE HONDA in noida the other day. My observations are more or less the same. The car is a complete let down. I am saying this more from interior point of view.

The rear seat is really cramped with no thigh support. Knee room is just 4-6 inches. What bothered me the most is the wasted space under the hood (JayD did you happen to notice that?). There is about one foot space that is lying unused between grill and the engine! ! ! why this wasted space when there is no space in the cabin?

I have decided to stick to SX4 after the Honda Damp Squib. Just waiting for December when more discounts open up.

Currently I am getting 47000 discount (30,000 loyalty bonus since I own a WagonR + 17000 corporate discounts)

If any bhpian is aware of any dealer giving more discount than this, kindly PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
3rd Generation Honda City driven-honda-city-space-constraint.png  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks