Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:45   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjordy View Post
They told me, body colored grille is available. Some Duck Tail Spoiler also available, but didn't see anything.

Can you please give some other details about the accessories?
Do they tell you anything about the price of the fog lamps?
How good will be to fix Bumper Protectors and side protectors? Both look wise and scratch safety wise?
What exactly is this door panels and Dashboard panels with wooden finish? Is it worth fixing it?
They told me, CD player can not be fixed. But, I read, many are saying, it can be fixed. If that's the case, I would like to fix my CD player which is in my current car.
The sales guy told me, if I fix the Alloy Wheels from outside, the warranty is void. Hope, that's not the case. :-)
I cannot answer all your questions, but here are some
No idea about body colored grille
I checked price of fog lamps, but the sales guy was not sure.
On the dashboard, there is some gap across at a point above the glove box – Actually that gap is a bit odd. Looks like the panel is some wooden finish stuff that fits there. On the door also the panel is at place that you rest your hands/door switches are.
CD player is an upgrade to the audio player

Well aftermarket alloys voiding the warranty – I think this is just threatening and creating FUD. I did not specifically ask on this, but in the Hosur Rd showroom that I went, they had one display vehicle which was done up with Aura alloys and Stanley leather seats. When asked the sales guy confirmed that it is dealer addition only since accessories from Honda has not come. So this indirectly means that warranty will not be affected. After all it is stupid to say that changing alloys will affect warranty.
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:16   #377
BHPian

Below is list of complete accessories.

Front Grille – chrome strip with Honda logo on top of black honeycomb Rs. 14754
Trunk Spoiler – lip spoiler with Honda logo Rs. 11665
Under body spoiler/skirts – available for front, back and sides Rs. 74594
Alloy wheels 15” – 14 spokes (7 V shapes) - looks good Rs. 11630 per piece
Door Sash Molding – in chrome around the glass Rs. 16019
Door Visors – black Rs. 5468
Rear Fog light Rs. 4008
Exhaust pipe cover – chrome Rs. 3017
Fog lights – available in 2 types; one that fits on bumper with a garnish and other that goes on the underbody skirts Rs. 20212
Mud guards – black (not sure if can be body color painted) Rs. 1452
Bumper protectors – front and rear Rs. 4478(F) Rs. 4457(R)
Side protector – door moldings Rs. 5734
Reverse Sensor – body colored Rs. 13483
Side step garnish – for front with illumination Rs. 9767 (back and front)
Side step garnish – for rear without illumination
Door panels – for interior with wooden finish similar to Zx Rs. 10190
Foot light – some light besides the pedals (dunno what’s great!) Rs. 3382
Dashboard panels – with wooden finish and LED illumination etc. Rs. 20143
Sporty Pedals – for AT only) Rs. 1664
CD player – compatible with integrated audio Rs. 12792
Seat covers – available in 1 color (beige) and 2 color (beige black) Rs. 9872
Under seat tray – for rear seat.

prices seem pretty high. can anyone help with similar comparisons for SX4 and Fiesta
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:51   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
…
prices seem pretty high. can anyone help with similar comparisons for SX4 and Fiesta
Thanks for the prices. By the time one spruces it fully, the pricing will land up in Civic territory. Some of the comparisons that I know of in approximate figures
Fiesta/SX4 spoiler is in 7.5K may be another 2 K for painting
Underbody skirts – for SX4 full MGA kit is in 25K range
chrome cover for exhaust - 1000-1200
Old 24th November 2008, 09:50   #379
BHPian

ANHC Teast Drive report

Hi Guys
Happened to go for the TD of ANHC this Sunday.
Went to Classic Honda Faridabad for the TD.
A Orangish Red car was available for the Test drive.
Here are my observations from the experience.
1. The car looks stunning from the front especially the white color.However the side seems bland with no door beading. Moving to the back you would feel the car has shrunk from the previous generation.Not everyone would like the back of the car.
2. Getting in and out of the car is tough for a tall guy.
3. The engine bay looks neat but devoid of under body protection fro the engine.
4. The door trims are bound to get dirty with use as i found in the TD car too.
5. Sit inside the car and you find the front pillars obstructing your view a bit while negotiating the right turn.
6. Engine is silent until 4k,beyond which the characteristic VTEC note is music to ears.
7.The car is really peppy in the initial gears, and revs quite easily.Was impressed with its rev friendly behavior.
8.The mileage on the ODO showed 9.6 kmpl.
9. The steering is still lifeless and doesn't provide feedback while negotiating sharp turns.
10. The car does sway from its track while negotiating turns at high speed but not as much as the old city did. However an enthusiastic driver would be left wanting for more in the handling department.
11. Ride quality is not good and one feels all the potholes and noise filtering inside the cabin.Was disappointed with the way it tackles bumps.
12. I would give the car a rating 0f 7 out of 10. Mainly because of its engine.The creature comforts are missing in the car.
13 The front looks good but seems the designers lost track by the time they designed the rear.

Coming the the the things one would wish to have in the car.
1. Alloy wheels 11630 per pieces - 46520 for 4
2. Fog lamps -Rs 20212
3. Side protector – door moldings Rs. 5734
4. Exhaust pipe cover – chrome Rs. 3017
5 Seat covers – Rs. 9872
6 Mud guards Rs. 1452
Total - 86717
On road Price in Faridabad - 854800

A complete ar with these accessories would set you back by Rs Rs 9,41,517.

This is too much of a premium for Honda badging.Still after spending 9.5 lacs you woul not get climate control.
At this price, i would say its no VFM at all.
Options available.
1. SX4 - Best in class VFM - Maruti after-sales
2. Verna - Diesel rocks
3. Fiesta - Great car - minus Honda badging.
4. Used Civic - Much better car and a segment above.( One can easily get a 15-20 month old civic for 8.5-9 lacs
5. Used Corolla - Hassle Free car.
6. Optra Magnum- LS model. Great car, poor manufacturer reputation.
7. Linea- Great car-shady after sales.
8. Strecth to the Altis and you would not regret your decision.

Honda has disappointed me once again. Had they given the above mentioned equipment as standard, the ANHC would have been a great car for 8.5 lacs.
But it will sell, for its fresh looks and our infatuation for the Honda badging, that has given Honda the right to be unjust in its offerings in India.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:53   #380
BHPian

I Took the test drive on Saturday for AT version along with family . Frankly no ACC in a 9.5 L is a little surprising . Car engine is butter smooth you don't get the feel of engine being on it is so silent . Drove it on what goes for Gurgaon Roads ( potholes put together ) car was almost figety and difficult to control checked with sales man he put it down to extra refined and powerful engine . Contols were superb and Paddle shift is tooooo good . One thing I must say as compared to Tata and incoming Fiat dealer in Gurgaon i.e Dhingra Motors staff at Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon was like god personified .
Old 24th November 2008, 17:43   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Hi Guys
Coming the the the things one would wish to have in the car.
1. Alloy wheels 11630 per pieces - 46520 for 4
2. Fog lamps -Rs 20212
Holy Cow ! Those are a real costly set of accessories ! Pushes the cost of the vehicle close to the Cedia, and a Cedia offers much much more. I have no idea which moron in Honda decided on the pricing of these items, someone with a mind to make quick money for the company I guess.

Since most people will want to go in for the alloys and fogs they would end up spending a bomb.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:18   #382
Senior - BHPian

Reverse sensor for Rs. 11k? Body coloured being mentioned probably means it is a normal ultrasonic one. Rear-only ones cost me like 4.5k including painted sensors. I think the showroom people are ripping customers off (as usual).

20k for foglights is daylight robbery!
Old 24th November 2008, 20:44   #383
BHPian

Honda rips off customers on the accessories front. just wait for the sales of the car to fall off after the initial wow factor and then they will have to come out with cheaper options. the car market being what it is today honda is going to have a tough time sustaining sales of this car.
I wish we had a VFM car like the SX4 with sportiness of the ikon sxi(my first dream car) and brand value of the honda in india. alas none exist!!
Old 24th November 2008, 21:36   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wish we had a VFM car like the SX4 with sportiness of the ikon sxi(my first dream car) and brand value of the honda in india. alas none exist!!
heheh your wishes are coming true next month - the Linea
Old 24th November 2008, 22:31   #385
BHPian

All, just a small additional info on the accessories prices – the prices above are base prices. Add VAT 12.5% extra.
Old 25th November 2008, 12:09   #386
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ zoom vroom : Excellent comments & review. Honda has a tough fight ahead in the segment that gets them the most $$$ volumes.
Old 25th November 2008, 14:45   #387
Senior - BHPian

I always wanted to buy an AT with paddle shift. With Honda having increased price of Civic and done away with S model, I couldnt streth my budget to 13 lakhs. Than came the City and I was excited with the specs. But it seems the universal conclusion from this thread is that this car is overpriced by at least a lakh. So I guess the auto tranny for 9.5 lakhs on road doesnt make sense. Its either the City E model for 8.2 on road or a used Civic. Since I cant push to buy the new Altis. Damn man.... why cant we have a good auto tranny car with all goodies on the south side of 10 lakhs?
Old 25th November 2008, 16:54   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
All, just a small additional info on the accessories prices – the prices above are base prices. Add VAT 12.5% extra.
Prices are inclusive of every tax the govt wants to squeeze out from us..
Old 25th November 2008, 16:55   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
heheh your wishes are coming true next month - the Linea

Yaar but the TATA experience is something i wouldnt want to go in for.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:11   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yaar but the TATA experience is something i wouldnt want to go in for.
Its a FIAT car.
I think this time Fiat would be very serious with it otherwise they'd as well pack and leave. I'd think Linea owners would be getting an outstanding product (also vindicated in ACI test report) and pretty decent service from the company as well. It might just do a Punto here in India for Fiat!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks