Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2008, 16:31   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
(first post!)

Hi - I've seen this discussion veer towards VFM and prices etc and I almost doubted my decision to go ahead and make the final purchase of a grey Manual S Honda City. Thank God I went ahead and took the plunge.

It's a performer. I have to show some restraint because it is my first car and only 3 days old etc but it's a delight to drive, comfortably spacious and the pleasure lingers after you step out of the car. It's also a great car to build on and own. So planning a set of alloys after the first service - a set of 5 cost about ~30K at the dealer. I'll be going outside Bangalore limits to take the city outside its obvious comfort zone and maybe I can post a few pics here.

If there's anyone else hesitating - i'd say you won't regret it.
Congrats man – on your first car (and your first post)!!

Good to hear that you are enjoying. Please update on FE figures going forward.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:04   #422
BHPian

congrats on joining this forum, pls post photos
Old 29th November 2008, 18:13   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikster View Post
(first post!)

Hi - I've seen this discussion veer towards VFM and prices etc and I almost doubted my decision to go ahead and make the final purchase of a grey Manual S Honda City. Thank God I went ahead and took the plunge.

It's a performer. I have to show some restraint because it is my first car and only 3 days old etc but it's a delight to drive, comfortably spacious and the pleasure lingers after you step out of the car. It's also a great car to build on and own. So planning a set of alloys after the first service - a set of 5 cost about ~30K at the dealer. I'll be going outside Bangalore limits to take the city outside its obvious comfort zone and maybe I can post a few pics here.

If there's anyone else hesitating - i'd say you won't regret it.
Congratulations Vikster! Do post some pics. Also, would like to know how is the GC on Bangalore's famous speed breakers.
PS: I think I saw your car in Koramangala 100 ft road on Wednesday with all the pooja marks. It looks really great!
Old 30th November 2008, 06:24   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Holy Cow!!!!.......Typically Honda-Greedy.The price of the Alloy wheels is 11,307 is it for a single piece or a set of 5
You can imagine, in october Honda had a clearance deal on their 13" alloys for the NHC - Rs 10,000/- for a set of four!
Now it's 11307/- for one wheel!
Old 30th November 2008, 21:04   #425
Senior - BHPian

Td it today. My opinion-
1. Car looks great from front, ok from back and overall very nice.
2. I dont know why people are complaining about space, its good both front and rear ( i am 6.1 and no prob in sitting at back).
3. red lights on the odo looks a bit cheap.
4. Steering is good and handling of car is very good.
5. Interior is ok kind. Could have been better.
6. Stereo is quiet good for a stock.
7. Pick up is a bit sluggish, not as good as i thought 118bhp will be.
8. brakes are very good.
9. Boot is good
10. Sales guy says Honda is claiming 17 average, however on the meter it was showing 10.5.
11. Delivery is no problem, can be given in 3-4 days. 50k is booking amount.
12. No black color as of now.
13. 15' tyres looks sufficient for it. It was Michelin 175 something. As for alloys the whole 4 set from Honda is 53545. too expensive IMO
All in all a very good car to buy in my imo. And OTR is 8.54 for manual top model.

Last edited by harry10 : 30th November 2008 at 21:09.
Old 1st December 2008, 13:43   #426
BHPian

your opinions please

Excellent reviews and opinions everyone. Thanks a ton. These did help me make up my mind and I am almost on the verge of getting myself the ANHC S-MT by the coming Sunday.
I don't have experience with Hondas. So just worried if the car would prove to be a white elephant to maintain in the long run?
Any clue about its maintainence costs and resale value?

Also, if anyone has purchased the ANHC, could you give me some tips on how to negotiate for more discounts or accessories?

Right now, Prestige Honda at Chandigarh is giving me the deal as follows:
8.57 L on road with insurance and registration minus 7000 on Bajaj Allianz insurance and minus 7000 for doctors discount from Honda.
A total discount of approx 14000 Rs.

Please help me out.
Thanks
Sugam.
Old 1st December 2008, 17:43   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
Right now, Prestige Honda at Chandigarh is giving me the deal as follows:
8.57 L on road with insurance and registration minus 7000 on Bajaj Allianz insurance and minus 7000 for doctors discount from Honda.
A total discount of approx 14000 Rs.
Hey Sugam, you mentioned the cost of S MT as 8.57L on road...are you sure? Well S MT costs 9.4L on road in Pune. I doubt whether you rate includes both octroi and insurance. Please clarify. Could you split the price in ex-showroon, insurance and octroi?
Old 1st December 2008, 18:26   #428
BHPian

Well yes, I'm very sure. On road is Rs 8.50 L.
I'll split it up for you.
S - MT Ex Showroom is 8.23 L.
Insurance is approx Rs 23000 (without the discount which Prestige is giving me).
Logistics is Rs 1000.
One time registration inclusive of road tax in Chandigarh is Rs 3000/-

I'm sorry.. Mistakenly quoted it as Rs.8.57 L in my previous post.
It's actually Rs.8.50 L on road inclusive of everything.

Last edited by sugam : 1st December 2008 at 18:29.
Old 1st December 2008, 18:51   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hey Sugam, you mentioned the cost of S MT as 8.57L on road...are you sure? Well S MT costs 9.4L on road in Pune. I doubt whether you rate includes both octroi and insurance. Please clarify. Could you split the price in ex-showroon, insurance and octroi?
Thats right. Its 8.54 OTR here in faridabad. Its the AT which is 9.47 here.You must have gotten confused regarding the MT and AT.
Old 1st December 2008, 18:58   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Td it today. My opinion-
1. Car looks great from front, ok from back and overall very nice.
2. I dont know why people are complaining about space, its good both front and rear ( i am 6.1 and no prob in sitting at back).
3. red lights on the odo looks a bit cheap.
4. Steering is good and handling of car is very good.
5. Interior is ok kind. Could have been better.
6. Stereo is quiet good for a stock.
7. Pick up is a bit sluggish, not as good as i thought 118bhp will be.
8. brakes are very good.
9. Boot is good
10. Sales guy says Honda is claiming 17 average, however on the meter it was showing 10.5.
11. Delivery is no problem, can be given in 3-4 days. 50k is booking amount.
12. No black color as of now.
13. 15' tyres looks sufficient for it. It was Michelin 175 something. As for alloys the whole 4 set from Honda is 53545. too expensive IMO
All in all a very good car to buy in my imo. And OTR is 8.54 for manual top model.

Just had a TD of the New City.Harsh nobody was complaining about space , its just that rear seat does feel more low & not like throne like position of NHC. NHC rear bench was ultimate!! Gearbox was super smooth. Engine was typical Honda- well refined.Power was good, but i expected something better. Steering response was decent , wish it had Ikon s steering response. But its surely lightning years ahead of almost lifeless EPS of NHC.

Interiors were ok . Door panel finish, center console finish could have been better. OTR for S MT: 9.46 lacs.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:18   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Just had a TD of the New City.Harsh nobody was complaining about space , its just that rear seat does feel more low & not like throne like position of NHC. NHC rear bench was ultimate!! Gearbox was super smooth. Engine was typical Honda- well refined.Power was good, but i expected something better. Steering response was decent , wish it had Ikon s steering response. But its surely lightning years ahead of almost lifeless EPS of NHC.

Interiors were ok . Door panel finish, center console finish could have been better. OTR for S MT: 9.46 lacs.
Well Karan i had read few people on the forum who said that or probably i got misquoted.I felt the rear seat is fine for 3 people and quiet comfortable as well.Agreed NHC is better in that. Bingo regarding Power - Same way i was expecting more from a 118bhp. I had TD Ikon Tdci same day and IMO the car is way below par and i didnt liked the Steering response at all. IMO Vista(which i also TD the same day ) and ANHC are far ahead in steering response and handling than the Ikon (no offence,just my opinion of my Td's)
Are you sure about the S Mt - 9.46 as here it is 8.54 OTR for that
Old 1st December 2008, 19:34   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Bingo regarding Power - Same way i was expecting more from a 118bhp.
Are you sure about the S Mt - 9.46 as here it is 8.54 OTR for that
Well yeah after all the hype about the Power. It wasnt exciting as expected.
Yup ex showroom price in my City is 8.4 lacs. On road 9.46 lacs.
Old 1st December 2008, 21:19   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Well yeah after all the hype about the Power. It wasnt exciting as expected.
Yup ex showroom price in my City is 8.4 lacs. On road 9.46 lacs.
Difference of 90k is staggering to say the least
Could you tell me the break up for the OTR?
Old 2nd December 2008, 02:25   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
congrats on joining this forum, pls post photos
Will post pics in a day or two - i've been clicking away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsejars View Post
Congratulations Vikster! Do post some pics. Also, would like to know how is the GC on Bangalore's famous speed breakers.
PS: I think I saw your car in Koramangala 100 ft road on Wednesday with all the pooja marks. It looks really great!
thanks very much - shouted flagged me. Would've stopped. Funny story about the pooja marks. There was a Passat owner who'd come to the same temple at the same time and was checking out my car - so small ego boost!

Again, so far so good.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:59   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Well Harry, here in Pune for S-MT cost is like

ex-showroom - 8.52L
insurance - .28L (approx)
octroi - .6L (approx)

Total - 9.4L on road

Dont you guys have octroi cost there in North?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks