Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 23:54   #61
BHPian

@ thereal: many swift owners have had issues with engaging reverse. you are not the only one so dont worry.
and polish her regularly. black looks kewl when its glossy like it is in the pics.
Old 11th November 2008, 00:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
@ thereal: many swift owners have had issues with engaging reverse. you are not the only one so dont worry.
and polish her regularly. black looks kewl when its glossy like it is in the pics.
thanks you white vdi, so i ll learn to live with it then..ya reg the shine- i am looking for a 3M car care kit, my brother will be visiting bangalore this weekend thinking of getting it throuigh him...
Old 11th November 2008, 01:20   #63
BBT
BHPian

The reverse is quite sticky, I even had the problem in the 20 minute test drive I took before booking my Swift (Don't ask me what I was doing in reverse, I'm a stickler for checking out everything that affects daily usability ). The salesperson attributed the issues with the gearshift to the reverse not being sychromesh and a couple of pumps on the clutch sorted things out. I was satisfied with the sales guy's explanation (actually, I was amazed that he had a fair idea about synchromesh and didn't think about much after 2k RPM during the test drive). As explained by white_vdi, the reverse (and sometimes 1st Gear) problems have been reported by quite a few DDiS owners but no one has talked about any other gear problems, so I guess we're safe, for now.
Old 11th November 2008, 01:42   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
The reverse is quite sticky, I even had the problem in the 20 minute test drive I took before booking my Swift (Don't ask me what I was doing in reverse, I'm a stickler for checking out everything that affects daily usability ). The salesperson attributed the issues with the gearshift to the reverse not being sychromesh and a couple of pumps on the clutch sorted things out. I was satisfied with the sales guy's explanation (actually, I was amazed that he had a fair idea about synchromesh and didn't think about much after 2k RPM during the test drive). As explained by white_vdi, the reverse (and sometimes 1st Gear) problems have been reported by quite a few DDiS owners but no one has talked about any other gear problems, so I guess we're safe, for now.
thanks for the explanation buddy..
Old 15th November 2008, 02:46   #65
BHPian

Hi guys,

As an Engine this is my 5th new engine am running in.For all my prior vehicles i take pride of the compliments i get on the engine's performance and power train delivery even after 1 complete speedo cycle(100,000 kms) starting from my first bike.

Yet this is my first Diesel engine am runnig in now.So, i am taking extra care to have a perfect Run-in.
As i cover Kms i ll keep you guys posted about the experience.

First short trip : (200Kms)

Coimbatore - malampulzha&Palakad fort - Coimbatore

pros:
There were a leap of differences from my earlier car(M800) .
the Comfort levels(my new seat covers made a world of difference), space,Drivability,handling, and FE.
I kept one point in my mind not to cross 2k-2.2k RPM and drove the car sweetly i mean smoothly. the feel once i get nearer to 2k rpmthe sudden rush of power feels really Sportive. I seldom feel that i drive a diesel car!!.yes the turbo lag does remind the same at times.

Cons:
Reverse gear : The reverse gear is a bit sticky at times, hope things will be better as kms are covered. as i felt the same on my previous car.
Tyres: As rightly said by a fellow BHPian that "Swift with 165x80R14 is like equipping Usain Bolt with rubber chappals", The car on the stock makes u feel unsecured at speeds above 70-80kms especailly while cornering.(actually i felt this while i was pushing the test drive car).
the tyre noise is clear and evident
Waiting for the Michelin 185x70R14 XM1+ tyres stock to come, i will be changing the tyres next week along with alloys
Fuel efficiency : I have filled up the tank as soon as i took the car from the showroom have just covered 300 odd kms. once i top them up after few hundred kms i will post the FE details.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th November 2008 at 20:33. Reason: Title Edited.
Old 15th November 2008, 19:29   #66
BHPian

good trip review and i know that place is real beautiful cause i have been there.its very true that the OEM wheels don't do any justice to the ride quality.
im so badly waiting to see you get the new XM1+footwear and new rims too.so keep this updated and praying for the next week as soon as possible..
Old 18th November 2008, 19:33   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
good trip review and i know that place is real beautiful cause i have been there.its very true that the OEM wheels don't do any justice to the ride quality.
im so badly waiting to see you get the new XM1+footwear and new rims too.so keep this updated and praying for the next week as soon as possible..

Hi ariendj,thanks,
I have changed the tyres to Bridgestone Potenza GIII, as i could not source XM1+,i have fitted the alloys too - HR207,

I will post you the pics this weekend.

Mean while i got the FE figures,

FE - 19.8kmpl/with 99% AC ON.

555 kms consumed 28 litres of diesel

Guys,
I read somewhere earlier about Meguiar Medallion paste wax, which will not attract dust.(it will not turn static,- if i am not wrong))
the present wax i use does attracts almost every spec of dust.

i tried in all the threads related Meguair Wax availability , even tried in the places mentioned in those threads in bangalore,but its seems no body deals them now.

Guys any idea on the same.

Last edited by thereal : 18th November 2008 at 19:42.
Old 18th November 2008, 19:44   #68
BHPian

The problem with the rear gear shift is faced on almost all swifts. I face it even now after 26k kms. The solution i found is, slightly depress the clutch and re apply the clutch full n then try shifting the gear to reverse, it should work.

BTW, Please add the pics of alloys and tyres soon. We are waiting. Also please give the price you got em for ? did you exchange the stock tyres ?
Old 18th November 2008, 20:32   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
The problem with the rear gear shift is faced on almost all swifts. I face it even now after 26k kms. The solution i found is, slightly depress the clutch and re apply the clutch full n then try shifting the gear to reverse, it should work.

BTW, Please add the pics of alloys and tyres soon. We are waiting. Also please give the price you got em for ? did you exchange the stock tyres ?
Hi srikant, i ll post the pics this weekend,

the cost details,

Bridgestone potenza GIII - Rs.3470/Tyre = 13880.00
HR alloys H207 ET 38 4 Nos = 14000.00
Exchanged 4 old tyres 1000 x 4 = -4000.00
---------------
Total = Rs.23880.00
---------------

I will post the detailed list of expenditures i have incured for various accessories till now , if you are interested.
Old 19th November 2008, 17:19   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Hi srikant, i ll post the pics this weekend,

the cost details,

Bridgestone potenza GIII - Rs.3470/Tyre = 13880.00
HR alloys H207 ET 38 4 Nos = 14000.00
Exchanged 4 old tyres 1000 x 4 = -4000.00
---------------
Total = Rs.23880.00
---------------

I will post the detailed list of expenditures i have incured for various accessories till now , if you are interested.
1000 per tyre for old tyre is really good pal

BTW, whats the tyre size ? and are the alloys 14" or 15"?

May be i can drop in to coimbatore to change shoes for my SWIFT VDI??

Do post the price for the accessories pal, i feel it should be help full to others hear as a guide line, what say BHPians?
Old 19th November 2008, 21:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
1000 per tyre for old tyre is really good pal

BTW, whats the tyre size ? and are the alloys 14" or 15"?

May be i can drop in to coimbatore to change shoes for my SWIFT VDI??

Do post the price for the accessories pal, i feel it should be help full to others hear as a guide line, what say BHPians?

The tyre sizes are 185x70R14,
If you are planning for a coimbatore visit, the below details may be of some use to you.

For Alloys and tyres

Makesh
Sri Vari,
Near CAG Auto,
Avinashi Road,
Coimbatore.
Mobile - 9842235916

he deals HR/Freeman/Plati Wheels
Almost all tyres brands.

The accesories detail list/place/pricing info:

ICE
HU - pioneer 5050UB - Rs.6500
JBL GTO 608C comp - Rs.4900x2
JBL A602 amp - Rs.5350
JBL RC wiring kit - Rs.2700 (main kit +3meter JBL wiring kit-extra)
Installation charges - Rs.650
-------------
total ICE cost -Rs.25000
-------------

Shop- Covai car decor, huzur road.

Other choices:

Sun combines,Sun Enterprises -NearSKP;Stadium,RM car decor- Nehru stadium ==> the reason why i didnt opt for the above shops is that they were too costly.

Suggestion: go for a shop called Car land in Greytown area. i felt the prices there where nearly 5K cheaper overall for my ICE setup.

Tail Pipe -Rs.650

Shop-Sun Enterprises -Near SKP, Reason he had more choices.

Nippon security system (MGA accessory) -Rs.3250 (Reason-got a discount of 2K)
Black-beige art leather seat cover (Custom stiched) - Rs.6350

Shop - Sun Enterprises - Near SKP , Reason- Custom stiching option cheaper than G-Sport and delivery time (just 4 hrs)

Bridgestone Potenza GIII tyres (185x70R14) -Rs.13880
HR alloys 14" H207 ET38 (4Nos) - Rs.14000

Shop- Sri Vari,Avinashi Rd.
Reason- cheaper, best service, range of tyres,different HR alloys model availability.

Hope this helps you guys
Old 21st November 2008, 22:12   #72
BHPian

Hi guys anybody have some idea about Eagle 1 Car shampoos and its quality?

I dont find 3M car wash shampoo to be economical , as i am washing my car almost thrice a week.?

U can also give me some other good choices if u have one, please do provide me the availability details too.
Old 21st November 2008, 22:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys anybody have some idea about Eagle 1 Car shampoos and its quality?

I dont find 3M car wash shampoo to be economical , as i am washing my car almost thrice a week.?

U can also give me some other good choices if u have one, please do provide me the availability details too.
If I would suggest you go for any baby shampoo available in Market. As it doesn't have any chemicals and detergent in it. So it won't harm anything. But if you really want to spend money only or car shampoo then its your choice.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
If I would suggest you go for any baby shampoo available in Market. As it doesn't have any chemicals and detergent in it. So it won't harm anything. But if you really want to spend money only or car shampoo then its your choice.
You can try the Amyway car shampoo. With Rs 300/- for a pack, you have around 250+ washes; and the quality is really good. I have been using it for the last couple of years and am happy with it.
Old 26th November 2008, 20:28   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

There were a leap of differences from my earlier car(M800) .
the Comfort levels(my new seat covers made a world of difference), space,Drivability,handling, and FE.
Excellent seat covers. Do these covers go over the existing seat covers or are the stock seat covers removed to fix these?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks