Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2008, 22:59   #1
BHPian

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.

hi friends,

For those who see the glamor, elegance, prestige,Beauty which stays behind a black car, will know how great a feeling will be to have one waiting for them in the dealers parking yard.They know the pain to be taken to convince and express their love to these so called elders.

It all started by April 25th this year when me and my brother convinced every body and booked a Dzire ZDi black as they wanted a family car.
The waiting period of 2 months(by June end) aided them to change their stand which they took with me and with no other option left (because of the waiting period issues) i had to cancel the same.

Later after seeing a black swift dzire they too have fallen in love with the beauty.By that time it was too late for me to take a call to get Dzire, As the booking were closed for time being and dealers where asking for 6 months waiting period for even a VDi dzire.

Me along with my brother again had a chance to go back to our love - "A Black Swift VDi" , we grabbed that opportunity and booked one on August 16th.

Today on 1st November,At last after crossing many hurdles i now have my Beauty, now staying in the parking yard to get registered on Wednesday(Auspicious as per elders)

Here are the pics of my beauty.

The pics where taken just hours after my beauty had landed.

Tomorrow i will post some good photos as we will be taking the beauty to the temple.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0356.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0357.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-dsc00231.jpg  

thereal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2008, 05:51   #2
TOR
BHPian

Congrats on the great buy-guess there will be a lot of accessorizing to do!
Old 2nd November 2008, 07:46   #3
BHPian

Nice choice. Congrats for you new ride. This one wont disappoint you. Try to get some hot looking alloys for your new ride. I personally feel swift looks best in black. Ride on...
Old 2nd November 2008, 09:13   #4
BHPian

@TOR, thanks.Yes i have a big list of accessories

@dreamdiesel, thanks. yep i will be changing the tyres to XM1+ (185x70R14) and alloys i am yet to decide up on one model ,it will be HR and i wan it to be glossy for sure as that will look good for a Black beauty..

do please suggest some models

I have one like this in my mind.i know its very simple but i think it looks good.
(Mods i suppose the pic has a logo, please advice me if that has to be removed,thanks)
Attached Thumbnails
Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-h161.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2008, 09:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Black DDiS are a pretty rare sight these days. Its mostly white/silver

Congrats on new car...happy ICEing
Old 2nd November 2008, 10:13   #6
BHPian

Congrats for the new car. Swift looks very good in black.

Whats the on-road price in Coimbatore and what all accessories will you get?
Old 2nd November 2008, 11:57   #7
BHPian

congrats on your new buy. truly swift looks the best in black and as you said black is beautiful. the chrome alloys will make the car look hot and please give some info on the mileage in the city and are you experiencing any early rattles?
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:29   #8
BHPian

Congrats thereal!!! So you have also got your Swift. So happy and relieved you must be, after waiting for so long.

The Black looks good with a set of good looking alloys. Yes Shiny Alloys would be perfect with the Black colour
Old 2nd November 2008, 13:52   #9
BHPian

lovely black!!

i have been planning to get the Swift VDi in '09 and was thinking of the black..but few people did suggest me against the color cause of its high dust and scratch maintanence problems.
im looking forward to your ownership of this beauty and will finally decide by start of next year..
Old 2nd November 2008, 16:58   #10
BHPian

Congrats for the car. I was think till now that white and red color only looks good on swift, but seeing your car i have to say- Black also looks HOT.
Best of luck, post few more pics after cleaning (washing) the car.
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:50   #11
BHPian

@s0uljah,thanks for your suggestions regarding ICEing for my Beauty,will Post pics for the same in few days time.

@krish3, thanks buddy.the on road price was 5.78L, it seems to be a culture here with these showroom guys- they have included around 8k for basic accessories with the same.
I am going to say no even the car mats , i planning to have only a security system which comes with ZXi and a 3M under body coating thats it!

@fidaford,thanks for your greets.Dude,I haven't even registered the car yet. i ll be registering it only by Wednesday.Sure i ll keep you updated about the Mileage once i start covering kilometers.

@raj84,Hi Raj happy to see you.Yes indeed i am happy now, will be delighted when it comes in to my control completely.Hope you will be enjoying every inch you cover with your red beast. keep posted buddy.

@ariendj,thanks .Feels great to hear about your plans for a black swift.In my opinion everybody knows that wearing a white shirt will attract dirt and stains,but we wear it as we love the same,its similar to that if you really love it go ahead and take it- "After all you wont live twice."
Sure i will keep posting the updates.

@tarunmadhok,thanks for your greets buddy,

the first few pics were taken as soon as the car landed from the truck

here you go, these pics were taken today morning when i took the car to the near by temple (note-not even PDI were completed)
Attached Thumbnails
Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0362.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0364.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0365.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0366.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0371.jpg  

Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.-img_0372.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2008, 21:02   #12
BHPian

8K for the basic accessories??? That's too much Good that you have opted not to take it. You can get it much cheaper outside.

Liked your second set of pics. When clean, there's nothing to beat BLACK. Even when dirty, it looks rugged and macho. Good choice of color.
Old 2nd November 2008, 22:58   #13
BHPian

thats hot! congrats and miles of happy driving!
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:12   #14
BHPian

For such a deadly looking car those wheel caps do not gel at all. Get some sexy wheels for your ride asap.
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:35   #15
BHPian

Ahh.lovely black!The new swift seems to have got a better black than the old one.Congrats man! after all that waiting happiness has arrived,enjoy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks